300 spartans run the comic gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
300 spartans + King Leonardis (I'm pretty sure I heard that they have a comic book or something involving comics smile ) runs this gauntlet.

1. They magically heal after each fight.
2. Not so

Warm Up:

300 Persians
100 dismounted knights
300 Leggionaries
1000 Neanderthals w/sticks and stones
100 Redcoats

They fully recover after warm up, but if they don't make one of them then they lose

1. Batman
2. Lizard
3. Cyclops
4. Spiderman
5. All of the above
6. Wolverine (his HF puts him up high)
7. The Thing (his durability puts him up high since swords...you get it)
8. Hulk
9. Superman
10. All of the above
11. Galactus

LDHZenkai
yup 300 was a comic book. Technically cyclops could probably just blast them all to death. But They are more athletic and i'd say better warriors. So if they get past him they get to 7 or 8

AverageSavage
stops at Scott.

jalek moye
Originally posted by LDHZenkai
yup 300 was a comic book. Technically cyclops could probably just blast them all to death. But They are more athletic and i'd say better warriors. So if they get past him they get to 7 or 8
they wont be able to kill wolverine

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by AverageSavage
stops at Scott.

Can Scott blast ALL 300 of them before they get close to him?

Broken Warrior
they wont be able to kill wolverine

Are they quick enough to impale him with spears until he can't move and then leave him bound with many strong chains to a large boulder, so that the eagles can eat his regenerating guts over and over again in an appropriate reenactment of the ancient Greek fable of Prometheus?

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Broken Warrior
Are they quick enough to impale him with spears until he can't move and then leave him bound with many strong chains to a large boulder, so that the eagles can eat his regenerating guts over and over again in an appropriate reenactment of the ancient Greek fable of Prometheus?

Yes, and then they go on to clear it. They ambush Galactus, who will be too arrogant to notice them at first. Then they trap him in Tartarus (sp?) and make him stand just short of a place that has food for all eternity.

Broken Warrior
Lol

But comparing an army of men with spears against Wolverine isn't the same as making comparisons to Galactus.

I seriously think they could clear Wolverine if they used their heads. Set a trap. Do they have knowledge of their opponents before they fight them?

LDHZenkai
Lol

But comparing an army of men with spears against Wolverine isn't the same as making comparisons to Galactus.

I seriously think they could clear Wolverine if they used their heads. Set a trap. Do they have knowledge of their opponents before they fight them?
There would be too many of them for wolverine. They could restrain him and gouge out his eyes. Sure they'd grow back eventually but i think that should count as a win.

Broken Warrior
I wouldn't want to fight Wolverine even with three hundred men, but they could set up some kind of trap, like luring him into a cavern, and then setting up a cave in on him. Wolverine's very fast, but it could work. Probably better than fighting that guy.

Darth Martin
Batman would die.
Lizard not sure about.
Spider-Man could probably solo. He's too fast. One-shot kill w/ his strength.
Wolverine's adamantium will go right through bronze effortlessly. He solos.
Cyclops solos.

Hewhoknowsall
Lol

Yes, they do.

The trap is a good idea, but what trap could they set?

jalek moye
Wolverine is faster then them all and will one shot each and everyone only he'll do many at a time. He cant be killed and there weapons will break on his bones if they hit them.

AlmightyKfish
They die in the warmup.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
They die in the warmup.

Not all at once.

Wild Shadow
they stop at wolverine the one man army has killed small armies of soldiers, ninjas yakuza and enhanced mutants. the highest number was in the thousands and he barely took a scratch they are going down hard here.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
They die in the warmup.

That's what I was wondering. Are we not sure they wouldn't die there? Their advantage in the comic was that the enemy was limited to how many could attack them at once. Without that restriction, they wouldn't have stood a chance.

So, 300 vs 1,800 is a pretty big difference.

Assuming the pass the warmup, Cyclops could solo them if he went all out.

Wild Shadow
i think if they died in the warm up it would stop at the red coats

Utrigita
Does they face the entire warmup at the same time? because if they do then I doubt they will make it through, if they face them one after another I have my doubt about them making it through, their chances will increase but if they isn't allowed to replenish their losses their wouldn't be any to send against the Superhumans.

Warrior18
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
300 spartans + King Leonardis (I'm pretty sure I heard that they have a comic book or something involving comics smile ) runs this gauntlet.

1. They magically heal after each fight.
2. Not so

Warm Up:

300 Persians
100 dismounted knights
300 Leggionaries
1000 Neanderthals w/sticks and stones
100 Redcoats

They fully recover after warm up, but if they don't make one of them then they lose

1. Batman
2. Lizard
3. Cyclops
4. Spiderman
5. All of the above
6. Wolverine (his HF puts him up high)
7. The Thing (his durability puts him up high since swords...you get it)
8. Hulk
9. Superman
10. All of the above
11. Galactus

What period are the 100 knights from? The Spartans would most likley stop cold at this stage in the 'warm up'.

Kris Blaze
Can Scott blast ALL 300 of them before they get close to him?

Yeah.

Warrior18
Originally posted by Warrior18
What period are the 100 knights from? The Spartans would most likley stop cold at this stage in the 'warm up'.

Mindset
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Yeah. Not if they're behind their shields, silly!

Hewhoknowsall
THEY DON'T FACE THE WARM UP ALL AT ONCE!!! ONE AT A TIME AND REMEMBER THESE AREN'T NORMAL HISTORICAL SPARTANS THEY'RE NEAR SUPERHUMAN!!!!!

Whew.... sorry about that.

Thorion
Stop at Batman.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Mindset
Not if they're behind their shields, silly!

Yeah, those shields pretty tough!

Originally posted by Thorion
Stop at Batman.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Mindset
Not if they're behind their shields, silly!

Yeah, those shields pretty tough!

Originally posted by Thorion
Stop at Batman.

Originally posted by Warrior18

13th century, but remember there's only 100 of them and these are the supernatural-omg-powerful spartans not historical ones.

EDIT: Oops! Ah well...

Broken Warrior
THEY DON'T FACE THE WARM UP ALL AT ONCE!!! ONE AT A TIME AND REMEMBER THESE AREN'T NORMAL HISTORICAL SPARTANS THEY'RE NEAR SUPERHUMAN!!!!!

Whew.... sorry about that.

Yeah, the Spartans in the movie/comic are a bit ridiculous.

Real life, the knights and also the redcoats would be able to stop them easily.

jalek moye
Wolverine still kills them all. he is supier to all of them will one shot multiple of them at a time. Can't be killed and their swords and spears will break on his bones. He also can sliced through thier shields and body like butter

Hewhoknowsall

No, not really. There are only 100 knights and there's no way they can break the Spartan phalanx when they're outnumbered 3:1.

The redcoats use muskets that have a short range, take 30 seconds to reload and aren't that accurate. Muskets were actually less effective than bows and arrows in one on one combat.

LDHZenkai

They're not really that overstated. That is pretty much what happened at Thermopylae.

Hewhoknowsall
They're not really that overstated. That is pretty much what happened at Thermopylae.

Did you see Leonardis in the movies? He was pwning giant mythical creatures and taking on entire armies!

LDHZenkai
Did you see Leonardis in the movies? He was pwning giant mythical creatures and taking on entire armies!
lol. well the spartans did kill several persians. The persians weren't well organized and were using weak shields. The Spartans had their phalanx formation and iron shields.

Utrigita
No, not really. There are only 100 knights and there's no way they can break the Spartan phalanx when they're outnumbered 3:1.

The redcoats use muskets that have a short range, take 30 seconds to reload and aren't that accurate. Muskets were actually less effective than bows and arrows in one on one combat.

If you place the 300 under the same circumstances, so they have the same advantage of terrain as in the movie, then the Knights will have serious problems, if you place them in the open the knights will tear them apart, a Phalanx is only effective when facing a opponent that attacks head on that is where the strength of the Phalanx is located however the minut a approaching force begins to circle the Phalanx it is more ore less useless and once in close the Knights are still armed with their swords and shield, and covered in their Iron plated Armor, I personally have my doubt about the Spartans being capable of using bronze spears/swords to penetrate that armor. We know however that the Medieval knights will face no problem when slashing/stabbing at the Spartans since they carry no armor to cover their torso.

Incorrect the Brown Bess Musket which I believe was used most by the British Red Coats was capable of being reloaded and fired again at least 3 times within one minut, and it had a effective range at 100 yards. Ore perhaps we are using the Baker Rifle? Capable of killing from 300 yards away. Ore we can use the Pattern 1853 Enfield with a effective range at 2000 yards, these where also used by the red coats.

grimify

Except for the fact that there were roughly 7,000 Greek soldiers at Thermopylea, and Themistocles of Athens was the driving force behind the Greek armies. stick out tongue

Either way, you're right, they weren't depicted as being super-human by comic-book standards. They wouldn't make it past Batman.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by grimify
Except for the fact that there were roughly 7,000 Greek soldiers at Thermopylea, and Themistocles of Athens was the driving force behind the Greek armies. stick out tongue

Either way, you're right, they weren't depicted as being super-human by comic-book standards. They wouldn't make it past Batman.

they probably die at the redcoats, since bullets would likely go right through bronze shields, and redcoats had cannonballs. game over.

but assuming they don't...

Lizard slaughters them. He's class 10 with a healing factor, bulletproof hide (screw the swords and spears) and superhuman speed. in close, he tears them apart. remember all 300 can't fight at once, only the first rank of the phalanx.

or if you prefer, lizard just chucks automobile sized boulders at them until they're paste.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Space M ummy
they probably die at the redcoats, since bullets would likely go right through bronze shields, and redcoats had cannonballs. game over.

but assuming they don't...

Lizard slaughters them. He's class 10 with a healing factor, bulletproof hide (screw the swords and spears) and superhuman speed. in close, he tears them apart. remember all 300 can't fight at once, only the first rank of the phalanx.

or if you prefer, lizard just chucks automobile sized boulders at them until they're paste.
now that i think about it spider-man would destroy them too. they wouldnt hit him and he'd just kick off of all them mario style while webbing the others. laughing

Endless Mike
I'm fairly certain that redcoats with muskets would beat them

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I'm fairly certain that redcoats with muskets would beat them

Only 100 of them, Spartans could just charge at the redcoats at once.

No cannons.

Who here thinks spartans clears it?

LDHZenkai
Originally posted by Utrigita
If you place the 300 under the same circumstances, so they have the same advantage of terrain as in the movie, then the Knights will have serious problems, if you place them in the open the knights will tear them apart, a Phalanx is only effective when facing a opponent that attacks head on that is where the strength of the Phalanx is located however the minut a approaching force begins to circle the Phalanx it is more ore less useless and once in close the Knights are still armed with their swords and shield, and covered in their Iron plated Armor, I personally have my doubt about the Spartans being capable of using bronze spears/swords to penetrate that armor. We know however that the Medieval knights will face no problem when slashing/stabbing at the Spartans since they carry no armor to cover their torso.

Incorrect the Brown Bess Musket which I believe was used most by the British Red Coats was capable of being reloaded and fired again at least 3 times within one minut, and it had a effective range at 100 yards. Ore perhaps we are using the Baker Rifle? Capable of killing from 300 yards away. Ore we can use the Pattern 1853 Enfield with a effective range at 2000 yards, these where also used by the red coats.
At 1k yards it can only penetrate 4 inches of wood. Effective distance was 600 yards. Oh about the Enfield Rifle.
But yea the spear is only effective at around 50 yards.

jalek moye
Only 100 of them, Spartans could just charge at the redcoats at once.

No cannons.

Who here thinks spartans clears it?
no one does. only a complete idiot would think they can clear this

Utrigita
At 1k yards it can only penetrate 4 inches of wood. Effective distance was 600 yards. Oh about the Enfield Rifle.
But yea the spear is only effective at around 50 yards.

Which would still be enough to pretty much lay waste to the spartans from longe range.

Why is the spear range important, seen as how the entire Phalanx is based on using spear and shield, so throwing away their spear isn't exactly a well planned tactic since it would make the Phalanx more ore less ineffective.

frommd
Even if they are lucky enough to get in kill shots on Batman and Spiderman, they have no shot against Scott. His range attacks are too much for them. I have my doubts about Batman even, but they at least have a chance of outnumbering him and getting in a lucky shot.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by frommd
Even if they are lucky enough to get in kill shots on Batman and Spiderman, they have no shot against Scott. His range attacks are too much for them. I have my doubts about Batman even, but they at least have a chance of outnumbering him and getting in a lucky shot.

Batman is human. He has no superpowers. There's THREE HUNDRED of them. hmmm....

LDHZenkai
Which would still be enough to pretty much lay waste to the spartans from longe range.

Why is the spear range important, seen as how the entire Phalanx is based on using spear and shield, so throwing away their spear isn't exactly a well planned tactic since it would make the Phalanx more ore less ineffective.
I was showing that at range it they would die. That's why it matters. If they charged in running they could kill the redcoats b/c there's more of them and they are far above and beyond the redcoats in close fighting skill.

jalek moye
Batman is human. He has no superpowers. There's THREE HUNDRED of them. hmmm....
but did you actually think it was possible to even make it past lizard let alone spidey or wolverine

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by jalek moye
but did you actually think it was possible to even make it past lizard let alone spidey or wolverine

Of course! They clear it. Galactus might be sorta hard, but they win 6/10.

Nah, but they could beat Spiderman if they get lucky; there's 300 of them so maybe one would hit him while he's hitting another ... and, if they could lure him into the center of the formation, Spiderman wouldn't be able to prevent himself from being surrounded. But they probably won't clear him.

jalek moye
Of course! They clear it. Galactus might be sorta hard, but they win 6/10.

Nah, but they could beat Spiderman if they get lucky; there's 300 of them so maybe one would hit him while he's hitting another ... and, if they could lure him into the center of the formation, Spiderman wouldn't be able to prevent himself from being surrounded. But they probably won't clear him.
Actually even if hes sourinded he can jump several stories high. They can't get him in a spot he can't get out of. Why did you put thing and higher even on the list?

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by jalek moye
Actually even if hes sourinded he can jump several stories high. They can't get him in a spot he can't get out of. Why did you put thing and higher even on the list?

When people say "Superman runs the gauntlet" why do they put Wolverine on the list?

And, can you come up with a senario of how Spartans can beat Thing and higher? I'm interested to see smile

jalek moye
When people say "Superman runs the gauntlet" why do they put Wolverine on the list?

And, can you come up with a senario of how Spartans can beat Thing and higher? I'm interested to see smile
just to be funny. but theres a difference in putting people they can beat eaisly then putting people like galactus

And no i can't even think of a way for them to logically beat wolverine without better equipment then what they are armed with

steverules_2
I say they take them all dur

Utrigita
I was showing that at range it they would die. That's why it matters. If they charged in running they could kill the redcoats b/c there's more of them and they are far above and beyond the redcoats in close fighting skill.

If the spartans charged in running they would break the Phalanx formation and open themselves when more up to attack from the Redcoats, and the Red Coats can atleast fire and reload and fire again before the Spartans hit them, Sure they are better in close combat but the question is how many spartans that will be breathing when they get within melee range.

Hewhoknowsall
If the spartans charged in running they would break the Phalanx formation and open themselves when more up to attack from the Redcoats, and the Red Coats can atleast fire and reload and fire again before the Spartans hit them, Sure they are better in close combat but the question is how many spartans that will be breathing when they get within melee range.

Redcoats would get to fire at most 5 times. That would mean that there would still be >100 spartans. And, a musket isn't taking down 300 before they get close. Otherwise, casualty rates in the 18th century would be way too high...

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by steverules_2
I say they take them all dur

Elaborate smile

Mindset
Muskets had horrible aim and fire rate.

Utrigita
Redcoats would get to fire at most 5 times. That would mean that there would still be >100 spartans. And, a musket isn't taking down 300 before they get close. Otherwise, casualty rates in the 18th century would be way too high...

Not from my point of view, the Spartans is the way I'm understanding it marching towards the Red Coats in a Phalanx formation, giving the Red Coats plenty of time to aim and fire atleast 2 times into the ranks of the advancing Phalanx and imo based on that a Phalanx doesn't run I would say more then 2. That as previously mentioned depends highly on what Musket you are handing the Red Coats. Are you handing them the Pattern 1853 Enfield the Spartans will be under fire from 2000 yards but will probably first begin to drop for real when they enter 1000 yards. But still plenty of range to gun them down.

steverules_2
Elaborate smile

Usually no one asks me to elaborate on my sarcastic views but I say they just shove the spears where the sun don't shine and thats a winner right there

frommd
There's a reason that people don't fight wars with swords and shields anymore. Guns are more effective at killing people. If the Spartans started marching toward the Redcoats, they'd be gunned down for the most part before reaching them.

The Spartans didn't charge in a phalanx that I ever saw. Which is the only way I could see them having enough numbers to win once they reached them.

grimify
Leonidas solos this shit by stabbing each combatant with his beard.

Hewhoknowsall
Not from my point of view, the Spartans is the way I'm understanding it marching towards the Red Coats in a Phalanx formation, giving the Red Coats plenty of time to aim and fire atleast 2 times into the ranks of the advancing Phalanx and imo based on that a Phalanx doesn't run I would say more then 2. That as previously mentioned depends highly on what Musket you are handing the Red Coats. Are you handing them the Pattern 1853 Enfield the Spartans will be under fire from 2000 yards but will probably first begin to drop for real when they enter 1000 yards. But still plenty of range to gun them down.

these are 18th century redcoats w/brown brass (or whatever you call it) muskets

and really, the spartans aren't stupid enough to move in a phalanx vs. muskets (assuming they know about them, which they do in this thread based on the forum rules)

LDHZenkai
Why would the Spartans, who have better tactics and military training, charge in at people who they know could pick them off with guns?

Hewhoknowsall
Why would the Spartans, who have better tactics and military training, charge in at people who they know could pick them off with guns?

Because the redcoats will only get off at most 5 full volleys (that is, everyone getting to fire 5 times) before the Spartans close in. And what else can they do that would be a better tactic? Stay in the phalanx? That'll get them killed pretty quickly.

And if they somehow clear warm up, how far do they get?

LDHZenkai
Because the redcoats will only get off at most 5 full volleys (that is, everyone getting to fire 5 times) before the Spartans close in. And what else can they do that would be a better tactic? Stay in the phalanx? That'll get them killed pretty quickly.

And if they somehow clear warm up, how far do they get?
oh sorry i left out a word or two in my post lol. i was trying to say that the spartans wouldn't just stand their and let themselves get picked off like everyone seems to think. They have better tactics and would more than likely flank the redcoats the same way they themselves got flanked at the hot springs.

Toku King
What are 'Leggionaries'?

Wild Shadow
they are heroes from the future with rings that allow them to fly.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by AverageSavage
stops at Scott.

Awesome sig, Starlock knows what he's doing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.