reshuffling marvels strength bracket

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
if superman and the DC characters lived in marvel and you had to rearrange marvels brick heros in order for supes to remain one of the top tiers in strength class how would you list it?

Superboy prime 500 ton
darksied 200
thanos 200
black adam 105
superman 100
thor 90
wonder woman 90
sentry 75+
thing 50
hulk 45+

ect ect this is just an example.

nimbus006
All of those listed can and have lifted in excess of 100 tons.

Forget tons, and consider a strength rating of up to 1000, with Superman Prime being the highest possible. In my opinion, it would look something like this:

Superman Prime: 1000
Darkseid: 200
Thanos: 200
Superman: 200 (with the possibility of going higher)
Juggernaut (fully powered): 200
Black Adam: 175-200
Thor: 150-175
Wonder woman: 150
Sentry: 125-150
Hulk: 90 (eventually getting higher)
Colossus: 90
Thing: 85

Wild Shadow
okay that also works i just wanted to see how ppl compare each company heroes between gaps of strength.

Badabing
This isn't a vs thread. Moving.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Badabing
This isn't a vs thread. Moving.

Technically, it is. It's a comparison between several different characters strengths.

It looks something like this:

Superman Prime's strength vs. Darseid's strength vs. Thanos's strength vs. Superman's strength vs. Black Adam's strength etc... stick out tongue

Priest
The Hulk's base is well over 100.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Priest
The Hulk's base is well over 100.

I don't know about that.

It's hard to say, but on a scale from 1 to 1,000 with Superman Prime's max strength being 1,000, I would say Hulk's base strength is between 90 and 100 while getting incrementally stronger very quickly. With the possibility of even surpassing 1,000, eventually that is.

Digi
With no standard increment for the scale, and only vague guesses based on feats to compare individual characters (let alone companies) any list of this nature is pure speculation and guesswork. I've closed threads of this nature before, because it either turns into random spam, needless arguments, or the fact I mentioned in the first sentence is realized. I'll give this a bit, but it may end up with the same fate.

nimbus006
I wouldn't disagree with you.

The scale I provided is, as you said, my own speculation.

Digi
Originally posted by nimbus006
I wouldn't disagree with you.

The scale I provided is, as you said, my own speculation.

Right. It's as good as any. But when no estimate can claim even a tenuous grasp on concrete truth, "as good as any" turns into "not very good." DC has it right, with no definite power scale. Strength ratings in Marvel are usually wrong, and horribly confusing once you begin to truly get into a particular character.

KuRuPT Thanosi
IMO I would put Thanos strength a little above Seid's

Mindship

Thing: 85 Just as examples...
If Superman Prime can easily move planets and the Thing couldn't even lift a skyscraper, shouldn't it be more like...

Thing: 0.000000000000001 ... ?

Badabing
Technically, it is. It's a comparison between several different characters strengths.

It looks something like this:

Superman Prime's strength vs. Darseid's strength vs. Thanos's strength vs. Superman's strength vs. Black Adam's strength etc... stick out tongue Technically no, there are no sides, teams or parameters. It's a group of characters to be rated. Nothing more. And also......Originally posted by Digi
With no standard increment for the scale, and only vague guesses based on feats to compare individual characters (let alone companies) any list of this nature is pure speculation and guesswork. I've closed threads of this nature before, because it either turns into random spam, needless arguments, or the fact I mentioned in the first sentence is realized. I'll give this a bit, but it may end up with the same fate. Originally posted by Digi
Right. It's as good as any. But when no estimate can claim even a tenuous grasp on concrete truth, "as good as any" turns into "not very good." DC has it right, with no definite power scale. Strength ratings in Marvel are usually wrong, and horribly confusing once you begin to truly get into a particular character.

psycho gundam
this list is a steaming pile of dung.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Badabing
Technically no, there are no sides, teams or parameters. It's a group of characters to be rated. Nothing more. And also......

Ok, I was just having a little fun.

However, your comment irks me, and so I'll rebuttal.

There need not be teams in a vs. forum.

In this particular case, it's a comparison or contrast between certain individuals strength capacities.

This is a versus forum, and by the definition of the word versus*, this thread is perfectly situated in such a forum.

*Versus: in opposition to or in contrast with

Now, I've already stated I'm in complete compliance with everything Digi said. So I'll drop it. smile

nimbus006
Originally posted by Mindship
Just as examples...
If Superman Prime can easily move planets and the Thing couldn't even lift a skyscraper, shouldn't it be more like...

Thing: 0.000000000000001 ... ?

Yes, mathematically you're right. It would look something like that.

However, moving and lifting something are two totally different actions.

Not that Thing could ever move a planet, but lifting something is much more difficult than simply moving it.

Like i said, this is my own specualtion, and the scale is more than likely incorrect.

But then again the strength feats of most these guys are so inconsistent.

Digi
To end the debate, this is clearly one of those threads that may or may no be "vs." depending on our definition of it. It could easily be in either forum. Splitting hairs as to which is belongs in more accomplishes nothing. It was moved, so it was moved. No harm done.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Digi
To end the debate, this is clearly one of those threads that may or may no be "vs." depending on our definition of it. It could easily be in either forum. Splitting hairs as to which is belongs in more accomplishes nothing. It was moved, so it was moved. No harm done.

Absolutely smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.