Saving Heroes!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
Currently, and I'm sure that I'm not alone in this, I'm of the opinion that heroes has been going down-hill. Ever since season 1 the show hasn't been as good, with season 3 being better then the travesty of 2 but still not particularly great. Something needs to be done to improve things or the show will deteriorate and die.

Ok, so by some freaky Lost-ish timewarp thing Loeb and his ilk get swallowed in a puff of smoke and mystery and YOU are now in charge of the show. Simply put: How would you save the show? What direction would you go in from now on? Who would you kill off? Would you keep it the same? etc

Thoughts? Ideas?

My own view is that they should just kill off or leave off with the current cast and start again. Sylar should go on some mad world-dominating rampage to serve the duel purpose of forcing the government to turn to the heroes for help and of cementing Sylar's position as a mega-villian. It would also allow for several of the too-well-protected caste to be killed off. Then the show could start again and hopefully get it right again.

Maybe HRG or Peter could come back as well as with some cameo appearences thrown in , I think it would be a good idea to have HRG restart the company for instance.

My two cents.

Mairuzu
sylar vs peter laughing out loud

thats basically all im waiting for

Nephthys
Nobody else?

Venomancer
For one I'd kill off of Tracy and bring Nikki back.I'd also bring in another bad ass villian to rivial Syler.So far we havn't seen any of the more powerful heroes.Fact is most of the one's we see now are weak as dirt to Jubilee.I wanna see some ferals running around or some weather control heroes like storm.Something with feats.Even adding secondary powers to some of the heroes would be nice.If they want real hero like charactors they need to cut down on the mental and psyhical heroes.As I said add more elements and ferals.The whole time thing is getting old and boring.I'd focus more on Micha's cusion see she's the only one who really became hero like...What happened to her anyway?Peter and Syler fight would be nice but Pet would have to regain his normal powers or he's dead.

Mairuzu
Also, I'd really like to see powers being used more often.

Quincy
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Also, I'd really like to see powers being used more often.

Exactly.

The "super powered fights" are exactly as follows:

"It's you!"

"That's right!"

*gets thrown across the room*

"I'm outta here!"

Mairuzu
No more duplicate powers

Quincy
retcon seasons 2 and 3.

Have the show end with both of the Petrelli brothers dying in the explosion, Parkman dying from his gunshot wounds, Sylar dying from his stab wound, and Bennet leaving the company to stay with his family.

Hiro lives as a hero for the rest of his life, but not "chasing destiny" and stuff.

BruceSkywalker
One way to save Heroes is.. Don't have a lot of characters in one show or the season, develop the ones already in existence...

write the show better and not constantly convoluted..

and maybe, just maybe have the show like 24, in that there are no repeats and/or specials in between episodes

Mairuzu
replace claire with adam

Alkaselzer
What are ferals, Venomancer?

Venomancer
Ferals are your heroes such as Wolvie & Shabertooth(from x-men) Shalimar Foxx(from mutant x) Timberwolf(D.C) basically heroes with animalistic based powers.Which kind of opens the power rang up.They can have claws,posoin,flight,leaping,Strenght,Sound etc.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Alkaselzer
What are ferals, Venomancer?

some like Mohinder... though less lame

he looked good when he was chase by Danko in the first episode of V4 IMO

Venomancer
Originally posted by S_D_J
some like Mohinder... though less lame

he looked good when he was chase by Danko in the first episode of V4 IMO

Only problem with Mohinder is that I think he's lost his true Feral ablities and on only has strenght.I loved seeing him scale that wall back in the last season.Also it should have been alot harder to catch him seeing that his animal side should have taken over.Also another problem with him is we have no clue what type of feral he is.At first with all the milk I thought he was an feline feral then when he got all creepy I thought he was some type of insect now he seem's to be just some big smart/dumb ape type.Hell would it kill the writers to let us know what the hell he is.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Venomancer
Only problem with Mohinder is that I think he's lost his true Feral ablities and on only has strenght.I loved seeing him scale that wall back in the last season.Also it should have been alot harder to catch him seeing that his animal side should have taken over.Also another problem with him is we have no clue what type of feral he is.At first with all the milk I thought he was an feline feral then when he got all creepy I thought he was some type of insect now he seem's to be just some big smart/dumb ape type.Hell would it kill the writers to let us know what the hell he is.

the insect-like abilities were a side effect to his formula not being the right one.

He's just agile and fast... at least that's how he was before the creppy scales and sh1t...

blame it on the writers...hanone

Mindset
replace claire with adam Best idea so far

The Nuul
NRG has to show is bad ass side again.

Cut back on the amount of Heroes in one EP and focus on a solid story. Save the group thing for big battles.

Change or get rid of Hiro, his pansy/kid side is really old and boring now.

Get rid of Claire, her story is boring and over done.

More super powers shown on screen and more battles. But not over used like in that Mutant X crap.

Sylar should act like their major bad guy again, have fights with them and not his solo thing all the time.

Bring back Sylar vs Peter with all his powers.

Red Superfly
The constant flip-flopping of characters and motivations and plot holes gets to me.

Sylar has tons of powers he doesn't use. He hasn't lost any of them for any stupid reason because he still uses telekinesis which was the first one he picked up, so I don't buy that he lost any of them. There was a moment where HRG and Claire are talking about Sylar who is only about 20 feet away. Um, he has super hearring!!!! It's like the writers don't even know their own creations!

Massive plot holes - like Nathan dying and Sylar taking his place with the most contrived ending to any TV show I've ever seen. I felt like screaming at that point. Last time I checked, Claire's blood brought back a very shot-in-the-head and very dead Noah back to life in Season 2. Nathan was healled with special blood in the past, too. They just let him die. They wrote a plot point where no character could die providing Claire was around - so why did they fudge up so badly at the end? Did they think people would forget?

I hated how powers were being transplanted all over the place. And the way characters kept changing their motivations were so unbelievable. The whole thing in season 3 concerning Nathan, his motivations for his awful actions and the way he and the other characters were written was absurd. I didn't believe any of it.

The characters seemed to forget entire episodes of events, none of them acted consistently. They have powers, they lose powers, they get different powers, sometimes they only get half their powers back (Hiro and Peter). Seemed like they were just making it up as it went along.

I miss the purity of the first episodes. Real, believable people with extraordinary abilities, I loved this show when it was like that, before all of this character flip-flopping and power switching nonsense.

BackFire
Here's the main problem with Heroes - the writers are timid.

They are afraid to do things that will have a great impact it seems, they don't have confidence in themselves to be able to write huge epic arcs while dealing with the consequences and repercussions of them. They have a decent idea, and then they just stretch it and try and keep it going too long, so that it becomes stale and lame. Where as a show with great writers, like Lost or Oz, has HUGE important almost cataclysmic and base altering events happening regularly, which makes the shows so incredibly rich and fascinating because you never actually know what may be in store.

Another thing, which is somewhat related to the quality of the writing, is that the Heroes writers also seem to be afraid of killing off main characters, as if they don't have the confidence that they'd be able to create good new characters, which is an absolute necessity to any good long running show. Look at the current characters, there are none that have been introduced after season 1, they are all originals, and whenever they make a new character they seem to fail. It makes the show feel too safe, because you know they'll never have the balls to kill Peter or Sylar or Claire, because they are afraid that they'd be unable to replace them. There's never that unpredictable feel to the show.

I remember when watching Oz I got so addicted because I knew that they had the balls to kill off main characters almost at random, it was so unpredictable and fresh, I kept watching to see if my favorite character would be snuffed out. Sometimes they were, but their replacement was often just as engaging and round as the original character. It makes for great viewing, because it takes amazing and talented writing to make it work.

Basically, Heroes needs better writers. Ones with balls.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by BackFire
Here's the main problem with Heroes - the writers are timid.

They are afraid to do things that will have a great impact it seems, they don't have confidence in themselves to be able to write huge epic arcs while dealing with the consequences and repercussions of them. They have a decent idea, and then they just stretch it and try and keep it going too long, so that it becomes stale and lame. Where as a show with great writers, like Lost or Oz, has HUGE important almost cataclysmic and base altering events happening regularly, which makes the shows so incredibly rich and fascinating because you never actually know what may be in store.

Another thing, which is somewhat related to the quality of the writing, is that the Heroes writers also seem to be afraid of killing off main characters, as if they don't have the confidence that they'd be able to create good new characters, which is an absolute necessity to any good long running show. Look at the current characters, there are none that have been introduced after season 1, they are all originals, and whenever they make a new character they seem to fail. It makes the show feel too safe, because you know they'll never have the balls to kill Peter or Sylar or Claire, because they are afraid that they'd be unable to replace them. There's never that unpredictable feel to the show.

I remember when watching Oz I got so addicted because I knew that they had the balls to kill off main characters almost at random, it was so unpredictable and fresh, I kept watching to see if my favorite character would be snuffed out. Sometimes they were, but their replacement was often just as engaging and round as the original character. It makes for great viewing, because it takes amazing and talented writing to make it work.

Basically, Heroes needs better writers. Ones with balls.

QFT

The Big O
IMHO, i think that some Fan-Fics that some fans could write would be netter than the show. this maybe obvious, but fans are not afraid to go where the writers are. it would probably save the show if every once in a while, the writers asked what the fans wanted to see and base an episode or arc off of that. but seriously, they think their doing something so special that that's never going to happen. what a rip.

S_D_J
we have a shorter next season, so will see it does indeed redeem itself .... or not

Kainreaver
I think they need to have a gap in time. Like make this next season take place 3 years or so after the end of the last one. EVERY time a Show does that (Lost or 24) it allows them to mature characters without it being too abrupt for their natural character progression.

The Nuul
Chuck Norris....Heroes needs him to save the show.

Scythe
sylar vs peter laughing out loud

thats basically all im waiting for

This.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by The Nuul
Chuck Norris....Heroes needs him to save the show.

i was thinking jean claude van damme or sho kosugi

Neo_Version 7
I don't even think Chuck Norris can save this show.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
I don't even think Chuck Norris can save this show.

Are you questioning the awesomeness of Chuck Norris?

What the f**k?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.