King Vegeta vs. Bardock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

six6six
The battle we never got to see...

Vegeta's dad vs. Goku's dad

who takes this?

ThunderGodEneru
I am pretty sure Bardock was stated to actually be stronger.

figuetony
King Vegeta hes a king after all.

Kento
Bardock was stated to be stronger. Plus he was obviously a better fighter. How else can a low level take elite jobs and survive.

BruceSkywalker
Bardock ftw

KingD19
Plus, King Vegeta had absolutely no feats as far as I recall, whereas Bardock made his way through just about Freiza's whole army, then tried to take on the big boss himself.

Kento
And while fighting through Freeza's men Bardock was half dead after getting caught of guard by an attack because of his vision fighting some high level warriors, Dodoria's energy attack that he barely survived, and all the bleeding he did on his trip from Planet Meat to Planet Vegeta.

I am who I am
I'm pretty sure papa Vegeta. Bardock, as cool as the guy is still low class.Originally posted by six6six
The battle we never got to see...

Vegeta's dad vs. Goku's dad

who takes this? Your avatar almost gave me a sedgier.

Kento
He was classified as low level but those four men he beat on Meat were elite. And the planet he is first showed on was impossible fow low levels. Bardock was at the least in K Vegeta's class if not more powerful. Besides Nappa was considered like what an elite or one of the top class, and Bardock was at the least 10 thousand, and that was before his fight on Meat that if healed would've skyrocketed him even higher, compared to Nappa's like 4 thousand or whatever he was.

ThunderGodEneru
Low level and elite actually only refer to your power-level when you are born.

six6six
Originally posted by I am who I am
Your avatar almost gave me a sedgier.

laughing

six6six
King Vegeta doesn't have much feats cause of his limited appearances, but I do recall Broly's dad Paragas getting a taste of the King's power. He made that foo his b!tch!

Quincy
I'd say King Vegeta.

I mean, if I'm allowed to use PIS as an argument here....then Bardock had a shitload of PIS when he was whipping ass.

But Bardock is still way cooler.

First_Tsurugi06
PIS is practically what makes the characters stronger as DBZ progresses.

Wait, I'm sorry. I meant 'training'.

danteiscool
Bardock wins. At least he has feats whereas King Vegeta doesn't except shoot Broly's dad in the gut.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by danteiscool
Bardock wins. At least he has feats whereas King Vegeta doesn't except shoot Broly's dad in the gut.
Yeah, and Paragus was even being restrained by at least 2 of King Vegeta's men when he got blasted. no expression

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Quincy
I mean, if I'm allowed to use PIS as an argument here....then Bardock had a shitload of PIS when he was whipping ass. How?

niduin
Originally posted by figuetony
King Vegeta hes a king after all. so what? Prince Vegeta was a prince but he has always been weaker than goku (well not at he begining)

and plus im prety sure bardok was close to super sayan before he died i read it somewhere i will try and find it again

Kento
Originally posted by niduin
so what? Prince Vegeta was a prince but he has always been weaker than goku (well not at he begining)

and plus im prety sure bardok was close to super sayan before he died i read it somewhere i will try and find it again He was nowhere close to super saiyan. He didn't have the strength. Freeza in first form dealt with him way to easy. To bad he didn't have the realization of Gokou beating Freeza until he was dying. Maybe he could've lived off planet and hid from Freeza untl he was stronger.

Quincy
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
How?

His friends were all just betrayed and killed, and he wasn't even there to help them.

His best friend Torah died in his arms.

Then he found out that Frieza was planning on eradicating the Saiyans, the race he was so proud of. He saw a future in which his entire planet is destroyed. He was determined to fight on and make sure that didn't happen.

Sounds like PIS to me.

Kento
His friends were all just betrayed and killed, and he wasn't even there to help them.

His best friend Torah died in his arms.

Then he found out that Frieza was planning on eradicating the Saiyans, the race he was so proud of. He saw a future in which his entire planet is destroyed. He was determined to fight on and make sure that didn't happen.

Sounds like PIS to me. None of that has to do with him winning his fights...Or plot induced stupidity.

Quincy
Plot Induced Strength

dadudemon
Plot Induced Strength

That's it...

Hit the log out button.

laughing

Quincy
Meh eh wah?

dadudemon
Meh eh wah?

It was a joke...because eveyrone thought you meant "plot induced stupidty"...but you meant "plot induced strength."

Quincy
Originally posted by dadudemon
It was a joke...because eveyrone thought you meant "plot induced stupidty"...but you meant "plot induced strength."

Oh!

I suppose I should speak more clearly mhmm

Mairuzu
i think we can all agree...

3k-LYJys-FM&feature=related

Kento
Oh!

I suppose I should speak more clearly mhmm stick out tongue Yes, yes you should.

But if he had plot induced strength he would've beaten Dodoria, and Freeza.

Quincy
Originally posted by Kento
stick out tongue Yes, yes you should.

But if he had plot induced strength he would've beaten Dodoria, and Freeza.

It's DRAGONBALL Z.

Everyone has PIS.

"You hurt them! RAWW!" power up yahh!!!"

"How is he this strong? Im-Impossible!"

"YAHH!"

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by KingD19
Plus, King Vegeta had absolutely no feats as far as I recall

https://tinyurl.com/y7f7ozvl

Jmanghan
If Bardock had decided to heal before going after Frieza, he would've been able to beat King Vegeta, without that he's EVER-so-slightly below him, but King Vegeta would walk away with mortal wounds for sure, it'd be closer then any other DB fight in history and would end with them both dying, but King Vegeta would die SLIGHTLY after.

Ridley_Prime
Hackiyama's Jor-El Barcuck would lose to King Vegeta easily. Warrior Bardock would still give him a good challenge though.

Estacado
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kakarot. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."

-Bardock

Ridley_Prime
I feel Broly fans shouldn't have the right to complain too much about his new design or whatever when as a diehard Bardock fan I'm stuck with that abomination. Stripped of his warrior status, his pride... At least Broly is pretty much still Broly as you knew him by comparison.

Estacado
Dude we still dont know if they change Bardock's character outside the retarded Superman scene..

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Hackiyama's Jor-El Barcuck

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

ares834
Originally posted by Estacado
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kakarot. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."

-Bardock

https://media1.tenor.com/images/36baddf845f96cf95643a93cf6f53dfb/tenor.gif

Galan007
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/y7f7ozvl Totally forgot about this, lol.

carv will be sporting a King Vegeta sig/avi pretty soon.

Jmanghan
I feel Broly fans shouldn't have the right to complain too much about his new design or whatever when as a diehard Bardock fan I'm stuck with that abomination. Stripped of his warrior status, his pride... At least Broly is pretty much still Broly as you knew him by comparison. But movies aren't canon, and in the anime and manga, old Bardock has shown up (I think).

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
laughing
Well, it's true. stick out tongue

May as well retcon King Vegeta into Zod or something while we're at it...

Originally posted by Galan007
Totally forgot about this, lol.

carv will be sporting a King Vegeta sig/avi pretty soon.
Isn't that flashback just anime filler though?

Originally posted by Jmanghan
But movies aren't canon, and in the anime and manga, old Bardock has shown up (I think).
True, old Bardock did have a manga appearance with the Planet Vegeta flashback, but it's retconned now by the new one/DB Minus manga. Hackiyama doesn't give a shit and ****s around with continuity as he sees fit.

Even if you never considered most of the Bardock movie special canon, him dying a warrior's death against Frieza along with his planet is still preferable to well, what we have now. Even Frieza getting triggered when he first saw Goku on Namek at the realization he was Bardock's son means pretty much nothing now because of the retcon.

Estacado
On Planet Vegeta this symbol means hope.

On Earth it means Goku Man.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51cus9CmbpL._SX425_.jpg

Galan007
Isn't that flashback just anime filler though? Oh it's definitely non-canon filler. It's right up there with this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnqtg0bte6w&t=0m39s

Canonically it took Saiyan saga Vegeta's absolute most powerful attack to destroy a single planet, and canonically Vegeta had already surpassed his father when he was just a kid:
https://i.imgur.com/hoTAySQ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/eIMjQHL.jpg
(iirc, KV's PL was ~10,000, which means Vegeta's PL was almost 2x his by the Saiyan saga.)

So yeah, the idea that KV could casually triple-planet-bust is absurdly nonsensical from a canonicity POV. The scene itself looks badass, though. thumb up

True, old Bardock did have a manga appearance with the Planet Vegeta flashback, but it's retconned now by the new one/DB Minus manga. Hackiyama doesn't give a shit and ****s around with continuity as he sees fit.

Even if you never considered most of the Bardock movie special canon, him dying a warrior's death against Frieza along with his planet is still preferable to well, what we have now. Even Frieza getting triggered when he first saw Goku on Namek at the realization he was Bardock's son means pretty much nothing now because of the retcon. Not sure why you think Bardock's death in the original movie special has necessarily been retconned by Minus..?

I mean, Minus doesn't show us Bardock's fate one way or the other. For all we know, he still does make some sort of heroic last stand against Freeza. /shrug

Ridley_Prime

Galan007
I hope so too.

Really want Tori to give Bardock *some* iota of respect... I'll be shocked if he does, though.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Galan007
I hope so too.

Really want Tori to give Bardock *some* iota of respect... I'll be shocked if he does, though. Toriyama used to love the original Bardock concept.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.