Max Payne 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Icy Ninja
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/965/965130p1.html

Supposedly coming this winter can't wait loved the first two and have high expectations for this one

Nemesis X
Hey, I made the first Max Payne 3 thread and the moderators closed it last year. I hate life.

Final Blaxican
This winter?

This Winter will be over in a month...

Regardless, great news. The first two are majorly badass games.

BackFire
This winter as in November/December.

Final Blaxican
Ah... okay that makes more sense.

I haven't heard a single thing about it though, before this. Rockstar really went out of their way to keep it under wraps huh?

Smasandian
I just hope Rockstar Vancouver doesnt **** it up.

I'm glad its on the PC, but hopefully it doesnt get the shaft.

Mairuzu
Finally

Quincy
About damn time!

Loved the others. Max Payne 2 is one of the most fun games I've ever played.

Icy Ninja
Originally posted by Smasandian
I just hope Rockstar Vancouver doesnt **** it up.
Did they make the first two?

Morridini
Nope, they made Bully.

Really looking forward to this one, I wasnt overly impressed by the gameplay in MP 2, it was better in MP 1, but the story absolutely made up for it. Just hope they can get a gameplay style worthy of the story.

Smasandian
Wasn't the gameplay in MP 2 identical to the gameplay in MP1?

Icy Ninja
Seemed like it to me, hope the game will have the quick save feature again.

Morridini
No they had changed the entire bullet time system, making the game way too easy.

FistOfThe North
At last. MP3.

I'll get it for PC.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Morridini
No they had changed the entire bullet time system, making the game way too easy.

How did it change?

Morridini
In MP 1 you only entered bullet time when dodging in some direction (back, forward, left, right), while in MP 2 you could enter it any time even when standing still etc, also in MP 2 you regained action points, or whatever you wanna call it, for using bullet time with time, while in MP 1 you regained them by killing people. Both changes I found to be for the worse.

Smasandian
Oh, I never noticed.

I just though MP2 had much better level design than the first.

Morridini
I guess I only noticed it since I played the games back to back, the day I completed MP1 I began MP 2.

Quincy
The only difference I could tell was that in MP2 you could dive in slow mo any time you want without wasting your bullet time.

I dug it.

Neo Darkhalen
Finally a sequel to Max Payne, can't wait.

Kazenji
Only recently i got into these games, For some strange reason when Max Payne 1 was out i thought it was a rip off of Punisher Origin but now that i've been playing it....it is'nt.

Kazenji
Images

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/04/the-many-faces-of-max-payne-3s-hard-boiled-hero/

Kazenji
PIUNk5-k2z4

Phanteros
05IXyyKgCuI

Kazenji
Looking foward to it....Still have'nt played the second game.

Phanteros
Then get on it. Its pretty Amazing.

Kazenji
I've found on ebay for the PC have'nt brought it as of yet.

Morridini
Isn't it at Steam as well?

Kazenji
Yeah but i don't use Steam...

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah but i don't use Steam...

Don't have a credit card, or just personal preference?

Originally posted by Phanteros
05IXyyKgCuI

That's... Wow. If they actually deliver on that, shit's gonna be crazy.

Kazenji
Originally posted by -Pr-
Don't have a credit card, or just personal preference?

Personal Preference.

Smasandian
Why?

It's awesome.

I bought Max Payne and Max Payne 2 for $2.50.

Kazenji
Theres going to be DLC for this third game..........did'nt see that coming roll eyes (sarcastic)

-Pr-
Personal Preference.

i've always found Steam to be quite useful, but fair enough.

Theres going to be DLC for this third game..........did'nt see that coming roll eyes (sarcastic)

Is that not a good thing?

Kazenji
Not saying it is a bad thing

just saying did'nt see that coming epecally from a Rockstar game

Originally posted by -Pr-
i've always found Steam to be quite useful, but fair enough.

Well i do have a account on steam, Just have'nt brought anything but i've played some games that uses it for the achivements and stuff and also i've noticed it does'nt have every game on there.

Smasandian
If your a PC gamer, Steam is awesome. The amount of sales on the platform is staggering.

I literally bought the Max Payne series for $2.50. I bought the Oblivion and DLC for $10.

And while it doesn't have every game, it has over 3000 of them. Most games are on there, or they will be later.

Kazenji

. Most games are on there, or they will be later.

Or even better bugger waiting do it illegally shifty

Max Payne 3 special edition

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-10164-Max-Payne-3-Special-Edition-Features-a-Mini-Max.html

jalek moye

Well i do have a account on steam, Just have'nt brought anything but i've played some games that uses it for the achivements and stuff and also i've noticed it does'nt have every game on there.

No place sells every game.

Smasandian
Well, I'm against illegal downloading of games.

If you want companies to provide great game at AAA level then buy the game. Steam allows you to buy the game at a extremely reasonable price if you have patience.

For instance, Rage was released early October, 4 weeks later, the game was 25-50 percent off.

Kazenji
Well, I'm against illegal downloading of games.

can't really help it if some places don't have an old game that your looking for.

Smasandian
That's true.

I don't have an issue with that because well, you tried your best.

I have an issue if it's a newer game.

By any chance, how old are these games?

Kazenji

By any chance, how old are these games?

14 years old

i've noticed that there is "some" of the older games on steam just not the ones i'm after

Smasandian
Well, I call those games ancient.

Most of the games that Steam have is 2000 and up usually.

Kazenji
Well, I call those games ancient.

Most of the games that Steam have is 2000 and up usually.

Also going by the System Requirements for some of them they've updated them for them to work on the newer windows systems.

Smasandian
Not sure.

One thing that Steam is really good for is updates. Every game that gets patched is automatically downloaded by Steam so you always have the most updated game.

As well, I find Steam forums really useful for getting help with technical problems any game has. There is usually a fix for it as well, it seems publishers/developers find out about problems much quicker because of Steam. Not sure if its actually true but just something I thought I saw.

Kazenji
Okay i gave in and brought Max Payne 2 off steam only i had to do was go to the compability and make it run for windows 2000.

Smasandian
What?

You have Windows 2000?

Kazenji
No... i have XP

but the Max Payne 2 thats on Steam well for me anyway all i had to do was go to the compability and make it run for windows 2000.

Smasandian
Weird. I have Vista 64 and it ran fine. That's what happens with PC games.

Kazenji
For this third game wonder if they will do the comic book style cut scenes again or something entirely new.

Smasandian
Probably comic again. They said they wanted the same feel as the first two.

DukeNuke
???

DukeNuke
nop

Kazenji
Gang Wars screens

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-10466-New-Max-Payne-3-Gang-Wars-Screens-Depict-Multiplayer-Mayhem.html

Kazenji
TCp58Kz_XrI

Kazenji
mKhap0JKroA

RE: Blaxican
A semi-automatic sniper rifle.

Amazing.

Smasandian
Looking forward to this game.

The second Max Payne was excellent.

KingD19
At this point in time, as nostalgic as comic book cut scenes would be, I'd rather just see cutscenes showing the graphics off.

Smasandian
Why?

The comic aspect was a great way to tell the story.

KingD19
I agree that it was, but personally I like cutscenes like all Rockstar games, because they do actual cutscenes really well.

Nothing wrong with comic cutscenes, but I just like normal ones more. Like I would have liked inFamous with actual cutscenes a bit more, but that doesn't mean I didn't like the comic scenes and it wasn't a good game.

Just personal preference.

Kazenji
Well i know Remedy Entertainement has seen what Rockstar has been doing with this third game and they absolutely love it.

Kazenji
JfTHxqzIV8s#!

Kazenji
SW9kG9AXy-Q

Eeehhhh...

Smasandian
Looks kind of cool.

The graphics look pretty damn good. I always enjoyed Max Payne games so I'm looking forward to it.

Looks like the kind of multiplayer that will never catch on and be dead within a year of the game being released, lol.

Smasandian
True, you can pretty much say that for 95% of the MP.

But the SP looks good so I could care less. It's also on Steam so it probably be like 50% in 3 months.

Kazenji
I'm doing the pre-order for the 360 version with the statue

no doubt it will be just as good on the console's Rockstar usually do a good job of it

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Looks like the kind of multiplayer that will never catch on and be dead within a year of the game being released, lol.

Shame really because these days it has to be a CoD style multiplayer, something similar to Battlefield..... unless it ends up being actually good the multiplayer for this game and people actually stick with it.

Kazenji
40CsXdrUlUA

Phanteros
QPc9LhKA5C4

Kazenji
Anyone seen the PC requirements for this game??

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.372802-Rockstar-Reveals-Max-Payne-3-PC-Requirements

35GB for hard space no expression

Kazenji
Just got a text the game comes out tomorrow.

Nemesis X
No it doesn't. My friends online are playing it right now.

Kazenji
Well its tomorrow over here.

Nemesis X
Oh yeah, you live in Australia. Forgot about that. How are you guys getting Max Payne 3 anyway? Your place won't even allow Syndicate.

Kazenji
Its been rated MA 15+ over here.

Anyone seen the PC requirements for this game??

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.372802-Rockstar-Reveals-Max-Payne-3-PC-Requirements

35GB for hard space no expression Yeah the reqs are insane. "16gb" recommended? Seriously? An I-7 processor? Seriously?

socool8520
Just got it yesterday. Graphics are pretty good, shooting mechanics aren't that bad, but I really miss that dark novel narration from the other 2 games. Also, the first few chapters are pretty quick so I hope the rest of the game doesn't follow suit. I'm still playing Kingdom of amalur so I haven't gotten much further.

Kazenji
I'm liking the cover system for the third game so far, it failed in the other two games

Originally posted by socool8520
Also, the first few chapters are pretty quick so I hope the rest of the game doesn't follow suit.

even if you do finish quickly there's always the other difficulties to keep playing it on

socool8520
I'm liking the cover system for the third game so far, it failed in the other two games

even if you do finish quickly there's always the other difficulties to keep playing it on

The cover system has to be good since the AI are pretty good shots. It seems like every time I pop to shoot somebody out side of bullet dodge, I'm getting hit. Plus they flank you after a while which adds to the challenge.

Smasandian
I don't remember the first two games even having a cover system?

Kazenji
That's because it failed, whatever it did have for it.

red sabre
Prince of persia games are the best

Phanteros
What does Prince of Persia have to do with Max Payne?

Kazenji
Just came across a bug with my save for this game, When i load up it up ( i'm in chapter 4 or 5 one of the) sits there loading and then i get 'Dead' come up on the screen. Might have to go on Xbox live to see if there's another update.

red sabre
did you play prince of persia the forgoten sands?

Kazenji
But what the hell does that have to do with Max Payne.

Kazenji
Moving on.....

got the recent 'Local Justice' Map pack, For its launch it was only 480 ms points now its back to 640 ms points.

BackFire
Got this game for Christmas. I love the first Max Payne and enjoyed the 2nd so I was pretty excited for this one.

Max Payne 3 was really impressive, I felt. I really liked the story. Max's cynical monologues are as fun as ever. And the change of setting from snowy/rainy New York to Brazil seemed strange but after playing it I have to say I really liked it. One of the charms of the first game was the seedy and dark tone which I thought might be lost with the change of scenery. Luckily it wasn't, it's stronger than ever. I loved seeing the seedy part of Brazil and the flashbacks scenes in New Jersey gave the games the best of both worlds. Bullet time is still a blast. The game is mad violent in the best of ways. Killing enemies is really satisfying and fun.

Overall this is probably my favorite game in the series, which surprised. I really liked this one.

-Pr-
Originally posted by BackFire
Got this game for Christmas. I love the first Max Payne and enjoyed the 2nd so I was pretty excited for this one.

Max Payne 3 was really impressive, I felt. I really liked the story. Max's cynical monologues are as fun as ever. And the change of setting from snowy/rainy New York to Brazil seemed strange but after playing it I have to say I really liked it. One of the charms of the first game was the seedy and dark tone which I thought might be lost with the change of scenery. Luckily it wasn't, it's stronger than ever. I loved seeing the seedy part of Brazil and the flashbacks scenes in New Jersey gave the games the best of both worlds. Bullet time is still a blast. The game is mad violent in the best of ways. Killing enemies is really satisfying and fun.

Overall this is probably my favorite game in the series, which surprised. I really liked this one.

thumb up

It really is an excellent game.

Kazenji
The multiplayer is also good for it and it doesn't feel tacked on like another game such as Dead Space 2

also i can't believe people have gone legendary this game's prestige.. 5 times or more, People just don't have a life. I've had the game since day 1 and i still haven't made it

Morridini
So for some reason I got the vibe from the community (not this one) that this didn't "feel" like a Max Payne game, and when combining that sentiment with screenshots of a bald dude running around in a pacific location shooting things up I decided to not pick it up. Until the big Xbox sale that was a month or so ago... And oh my god what have I been missing out on?

I'm currently at Chapter 8 (bought it On Demand, and apparently the initial download doesn't contain the whole game, now downloading additional 2 GB of data to continue..yey...), and this game is Max Payne to the Max...Payne!

Simply loving it so far, the style of the game, the monologuing of Max is exactly how it has been, and I believe Rockstar made a smart move in changing the location and situation of Max from the previous games, rather than just rehashing the Payne in NY setting once more.

If only the darned extra download would finish soon...

How's the multiplayer?

Kazenji

How's the multiplayer?

I've played it for a while now and personally its great, Doesn't feel like its been tacked on for the hell of it.

Morridini
This ****ings game never quits, one epic scene after another, great plot that keeps twisting and churning, and I am loving every ****ings second of it. Didn't think I would have said this just a few weeks ago, but this game seriously has one of the best stories in this generation (even on par with behemoths like Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain...)!

cdtm
This ****ings game never quits, one epic scene after another, great plot that keeps twisting and churning, and I am loving every ****ings second of it. Didn't think I would have said this just a few weeks ago, but this game seriously has one of the best stories in this generation (even on par with behemoths like Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain...)!

Is it like a reboot, or do you need to have played the older ones first to fully appreciate the story?

Morridini
It's not a reboot, it's as true as sequel as possible. Although the story is self-consistent (you might just need to know the bare bone premise of the original game, i.e. Max Payne's wife and child were murdered and Max slaughtered half the criminal population of New York in the aftermath) you'll definitely enjoy the story more if you have already played 1 & 2.

Kazenji
Came across people at the time when this game came out saying this one isn't a Max Payne game because its not set in New York erm

There's nothing left for Max in New York to do, time for him to move on.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.