Metal Gear Solid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LDHZenkai
So i just heard they're making a metal Gear movie and that Christian Bale might play Solid Snake. Discuss

occultdestroyer
Hollywood for teh FAIL

K.Canton
I remember when there were rumors of Uwe Boll directing this.

Final Blaxican
Hideo Kojima ***** slapped him.

"Absolutely not! I don't know why Uwe Boll is even talking about this kind of thing. We've never talked to him. It's impossible that we'd ever do a movie with him."

Besides, we already have a Metal gear Solid feature length movie. MGS4. It's a movie with interactive cutscenes!

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by LDHZenkai
So i just heard they're making a metal Gear movie and that Christian Bale might play Solid Snake. Discuss

Bale has been rumored for this, but that is all it is at this point

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Hideo Kojima ***** slapped him.

"Absolutely not! I don't know why Uwe Boll is even talking about this kind of thing. We've never talked to him. It's impossible that we'd ever do a movie with him."

Besides, we already have a Metal gear Solid feature length movie. MGS4. It's a movie with interactive cutscenes!
Lol very true. I honestly dunno how a Metal Gear Solid movie would go though, like you said MGS4's cutscenes were long enough to make for about a 2 or 3 hour film, add that in with gameplay you've gotta a ridiculously long movie.
Though I'm not sure how long Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 were length-wise.

Sado22
MGS2 had decent length cutscenes. not overly long.

GGS
Milking it for all their worth now.

super pr*xy
they should make this movie and have snake move exactly like he moves in the games..

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Sado22
Yeah I mean I played MGS 1 & 2 but not Metal Gear 1 and 2.
I would guess we'd start there rather than MGS or MGS3

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by super pr*xy
they should make this movie and have snake move exactly like he moves in the games..

they might do that, i think it depends on who is playing Snake

Rogue Jedi
Maybe a Trilogy?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Maybe a Trilogy?

a trilogy would be good

Menetnashté
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
a trilogy would be good
Can't really do a trilogy based on six games very well. Especially with their individual length and time gaps.

jaden101
Originally posted by Sado22

Try and draw a family tree of MGS2 and realise how utterly ridiculous the plot is and how even more absurd it would be translated into film.

If they were to make a MGS game it would need to be an entirely new specificly written for a movie, script.

Even then i fear that it's still really just b-movie, straight to dvd fair.

The only way it could be done well is if they treated it the same way as comic book films and deliberately made the bad guys like the mutants from x-men...ie...having some reason for their strange abilities.

BruceSkywalker

jumong
It will be really cool to see A Metal Gear movie, but not with Bale :-(

GGS
Bale would of been perfect if he wasn't Batman or John Connor same as Hugh Jackman with Wolverine there too established and over exposed as other characters now to warrant or justify it. But they would of been perfect if they weren't previously tarnished.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by GGS
Bale would of been perfect if he wasn't Batman or John Connor same as Hugh Jackman with Wolverine there too established and over exposed as other characters now to warrant or justify it. But they would of been perfect if they weren't previously tarnished.

True, I have absolutely no idea who will play Snake, but I do hope it is someone who can act and do his own stunts

jaden101
Originally posted by GGS

Too established as a character he's played in a film that hasn't even been released yet?

How does that work?

Mindset
They should have made it when Kurt Russel was younger. sad

Sado22
vin deisel as Solid Snake big grin

Mairuzu
i hate you

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.