John Preston Vs Batman (TDK)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mairuzu
John Preston is sent to take out batman. Fight takes place in Wayne manor.

John is equipped with his two pistols he uses in the movie and his Katana at the end.

Batman gets all his equipment in the movie. (no vehicles)

TbP2djP0h5g

goO-a_FaQfo&feature=related

I wonder if batman would use the bats...

Robtard
This had been done, so I'll just re-cap my previous response:

'Preston is basically Batman with guns.'

Mairuzu
uhuh

BruceSkywalker
With or without the Bats , Batman stomps John Preston

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
This had been done, so I'll just re-cap my previous response:

'Preston is basically Batman with guns.'

No. no expression

This isn't even close. Maybe if you took Preston's guns away. Unlike a certain Dark Knight, Preston doesn't need a sophisticated sonar system to see in the dark. no expression

Mairuzu
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
With or without the Bats , Batman stomps John Preston I donno...

prestons h2h skills look way more skilled than batman in the movie

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I donno...

prestons h2h skills look way more skilled than batman in the movie

also this fight takes place in Wayne Manor, thats another edge that goes to Batman..

I just watched Equilibrium the other day and IMO his skills are not even on par with Batman's

Final Blaxican
Nolan's Batman did nothing impressive H2H wise. He beat a bunch of "Ninjas" who were only ninja in name, nothing else. What other impressive H2H has he shown? Random thugs who are scared shitless and not thinking clearly?

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
With or without the Bats , Batman stomps John Preston

Agreed.

Batman doesn't need guns. Thats how badass he is. smokin'

Nigga can't shoot what a nigga can't see wink

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Nolan's Batman did nothing impressive H2H wise. He beat a bunch of "Ninjas" who were only ninja in name, nothing else. What other impressive H2H has he shown? Random thugs who are scared shitless and not thinking clearly?

Batman was trained by master martial artists. the fighting technique shown in TDK hints towards Batmans true ability. Preston is nothing without his pussy ass guns. Yes, he may have his guncatta movements memorized perfectly but without guns his guncatta isn't going to help him with the unexpected. Batman, however, is always prepared for the unexpected.

Robtard
Luckily for Preston, he has his guns and sword, so Batman goes down.

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Batman was trained by master martial artists. the fighting technique shown in TDK hints towards Batmans true ability.

Masters? Really?

What mastery did they show?

Rogue Jedi
This guy would kill Batman in less than a minute.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
This guy would kill Batman in less than a minute.

yes

This thread isn't really fair.

Maybe....MAYBE if Preston's weapons were taken away, it would be closer of a match.

Menetnashté
I don't see how Batman could take him when he got beat down by two rottweilers and a guy with a crowbar and Preston is over here dodging bullets. Just don't see any plausible way he could win.

Master Crimzon
Just from that video, I'd say Preston wins. Batman's disadvantage is that he is relatively grounded in reality, and thus is limited to how he would be in the real world. Equilibrium looks like a hyper-realistic science fiction film, and while that might make it campy and ridiculous as hell, it gives Preston a definitive advantage.

Mairuzu
also impressive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goO-a_FaQfo&feature=player_embedded

jinXed by JaNx
Masters? Really?

What mastery did they show?

Generations of training, practice and execution wink

Batman is to resourceful and innovative for Preston. Inside of his Mansion he would stealth kill the pansy, i mean...,he is a ninja laughing out loud

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Generations of training, practice and execution wink

Unless they're generations old, that doesn't matter. The fat kid enrolling in the dojo thats been teaching it's super techniques for generations doesn't chanGe the fact that he's still a fat loser, much like none of the "masters" in the Nolan universe ever showed any actual skill doing anything. Thus, Batman's CQC feats are inferior to Prestons. Preston knocks his face off.

I mean, hell. Preston dodges bullets with ease and slices a man;s face off faster than the human eye can react. Batman gets floored by two dogs. Twice. *shrug*

jinXed by JaNx
Unless they're generations old, that doesn't matter. The fat kid enrolling in the dojo thats been teaching it's super techniques for generations doesn't chanGe the fact that he's still a fat loser, much like none of the "masters" in the Nolan universe ever showed any actual skill doing anything. Thus, Batman's CQC feats are inferior to Prestons. Preston knocks his face off.

I mean, hell. Preston dodges bullets with ease and slices a man;s face off faster than the human eye can react. Batman gets floored by two dogs. Twice. *shrug*

Unlike the fat kid, Bruce Wayne did Change. The order has influence over the entire world. I really don't understand what you are questioning. Before Bruce Wayne was trained by the order he was nothing more than a pissed off rich boy. Afterwards he became an unstoppable force. Everything that Batman is, he owes to the League of Shadows. That should highlight just how effective their teachings are.

Why is it such a surprise that Batman would be vulnerable to two trained attack dogs when taken by surprise? I really don't see how that makes him any less of a threat.

John Preston can dodge bullets because of his skill in Guncatta. It isn't as though he is quick enough to get out of the way of a bullet. He simply anticipates. So, i really don't see how that benefits him when he is fighting an enemy that doesn't use guns. It never appeared, as though he was moving all that fast at all.

Dr Will Hatch
This John Preston?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Preston

Red Nemesis
I'm pretty sure he just cut that guy's face off. Wayne can't cope with that level of badassery.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
I'm pretty sure he just cut that guy's face off. Wayne can't cope with that level of badassery. laughing out loud you know!

speiderman
Look at this. Preston is a master with batons, swords, guns and raw power. He is good with every weapon imaginable and is a killing machine. Batman is a rich ninja who can be dark and violent but who could not measure up to the fighting skills of John Preston. Batman could deflect some of the bullets with his vest and some with his spiked arms but is vulnerable to being shot in the head and legs. Batman would be overwhelmed by the middle of the fight.

speiderman
Amending my argument, if the fight took place in the room during the last scene of "Equilibrium" then Preston wins. If the fight were to take place on a rooftop at night then the edge goes to batman.

Mairuzu
There you go.

dadudemon
Originally posted by speiderman
Amending my argument, if the fight took place in the room during the last scene of "Equilibrium" then Preston wins. If the fight were to take place on a rooftop at night then the edge goes to batman.

Nah. Not even close.

Let me know what Batman took down an entire assault rifled infantry with only pistols pistols.

On top of that, let me know when he can, single handedly, take out 8 katana wielding masters with NO sword to start with.

No matter the venue, no matter the weapons Preston has, Preston wins every time.

Preston may be a close match for Violet. We should do that one. no expression

speiderman
I mostly agree with you but I still say on a rooftop at night it is 50-50. Batman excels at rooftop fighting because it is his forte. He fights well at night and can probably lay some good traps like using smoke bombs and his batarangs.

Robtard
What exactly is so special about fighting on rooftops? When did it become Batman's "forte?"

Only advantage Batman has over Preston on a rooftop is possibly avoiding death a bit longer due to gliding away.

speiderman
Originally posted by Robtard
What exactly is so special about fighting on rooftops? When did it become Batman's "forte?"

Only advantage Batman has over Preston on a rooftop is possibly avoiding death a bit longer due to gliding away.

In the Batman with Michael Keaton Batman easily takes on two robbers at night on a rooftop. Batman kidnaps that banker dude in dark knight from the roof.

Batman (michael keaton) drops joker from a tall balcony into a vat of chemicals.

"In the animated movie "Batman Beyond" batman makes easy work of bad guys on the roof. And yes his cape is a weapon because it is an advantage.

dadudemon
In the Batman with Michael Keaton Batman easily takes on two robbers at night on a rooftop. Batman kidnaps that banker dude in dark knight from the roof.

Batman (michael keaton) drops joker from a tall balcony into a vat of chemicals.

"In the animated movie "Batman Beyond" batman makes easy work of bad guys on the roof. And yes his cape is a weapon because it is an advantage.

None of those amount to much in feats other than being better than goons.

Preston was taking out the world's highest trained soldiers like they were pie..and this is a future where super computers existed that could calculate human nature to such an extent that soldiers could use math to predict with a very high probability, when and where to shoot to avoid getting hit, even in a completely dark room filled with perps that have fully automatics.

So, tell me, Spiderman, how anything Batman has ever done, can even come close to the above mentioned? (You can cite his fight with some of the ninjas for starters...but that amounts to nothing compared to Preston's feats.)

Rogue Jedi
Batman, just cuz he's Batman.

speiderman
One important fact to remember is that batman is willing to fight dirty and he does in the comic books when he is in a vengeful mood.
Batman once fought against a kryptonite weakened Superman in the comics. So batman is a dangerous adversary.

jinXed by JaNx
Preston is just a machine. Batman don't lose to machines wink

Robtard
One important fact to remember is that batman is willing to fight dirty and he does in the comic books when he is in a vengeful mood.
Batman once fought against a kryptonite weakened Superman in the comics. So batman is a dangerous adversary.

1) This is the Movie Vs. Forum

2) Nothing you've said amounts to Batman being able to beat a guy who's far deadlier than him.

dadudemon

Movie versus thread.

Try again. no expression

Edit - Wait, I just read Robtard's post...I'm late to the show.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.