scenerio

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The MadParty
President Barack Obama comes on Television and says,"People of United Staes, Effective immediately Cannabis in all its forms is now compleetely legal in The United States" what is your probable reaction?

Symmetric Chaos
I really wouldn't care.

Also, "scenario".

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by The MadParty
President Barack Obama comes on Television and says,"People of United Staes, Effective immediately Cannabis in all its forms is now compleetely legal in The United States" what is your probable reaction?

I have no reaction at alll

Shakyamunison
jawdrop

dadudemon
I would say, "About damn time!"

Then the drug wars would lighten in Mexico.....but still continue because of ther other drugs. no expression

Bardock42
President Barack Obama comes on Television and says,"People of United Staes, Effective immediately Cannabis in all its forms is now compleetely legal in The United States" what is your probable reaction? "'bout damn time" as well.

But as you can see I'd not pronounce the "a", cause I am just cooler than dadudemon like that.

Robtard
One interest of discussion, if marijuana became legal, what would happen to those poor fools in prison taking shaft because they were convicted on marijuana charge.

Would they have to serve their term, or would it be forfeit, is there a precedent for something like this?

Mairuzu
President Barack Obama comes on Television and says,"People of United Staes, Effective immediately Cannabis in all its forms is now compleetely legal in The United States" what is your probable reaction? I would smoke infront of my neighbors house everyday. They call the cops on me all the time, i never get caught though.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Robtard
One interest of discussion, if marijuana became legal, what would happen to those poor fools in prison taking shaft because they were convicted on marijuana charge.

Would they have to serve their term, or would it be forfeit, is there a precedent for something like this? I'd smoke em out

Symmetric Chaos

Would they have to serve their term, or would it be forfeit, is there a precedent for something like this?

Well technically if Obama went on the air and said "marijuana is legal now" it wouldn't mean anything, the US legal system doesn't work that way. In reality the legislation would have to note if there was a grandfather clause for people currently imprisioned on marijuana charges or if they were going to be released. Most likely they would be let out.

Doom and Gloom
Obama does not have the power to do that. Pot should be legal, but it never will be.

Mairuzu
never say never

Bardock42
Originally posted by Mairuzu
never say never You just said it twice. What's that all about, hypocrite?

Mairuzu
I was telling him, you see, i like to order people around.

super pr*xy
i would say "good. now tax the sh!t out of it."

Mairuzu
Which would probably be the reason it is legal

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
"'bout damn time" as well.

But as you can see I'd not pronounce the "a", cause I am just cooler than dadudemon like that.

Damn you and your tricky ways! mad

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Well technically if Obama went on the air and said "marijuana is legal now" it wouldn't mean anything, the US legal system doesn't work that way. In reality the legislation would have to note if there was a grandfather clause for people currently imprisioned on marijuana charges or if they were going to be released. Most likely they would be let out.

Obama PIS doesn't count.

K, fine! He'd just power up with his oration jutsu and win congress over and get it made into law in a day. HA!

Robtard
Yes, the president doesn't make laws, he just signs them into power. That is besides the point though.

Was a "what if", the technicalities of how it happened are unimportant.

Bardock42
I think we should have pot tax free...it never ever harmed anyone ever.

Now churches, those buggers should be taxed to kingdom come, I'd say. Much more dangerous drug than Marijuana can ever hope to be.

Robtard
Philosophical, and that.

dadudemon
I think we should have pot tax free...it never ever harmed anyone ever.

Now churches, those buggers should be taxed to kingdom come, I'd say. Much more dangerous drug than Marijuana can ever hope to be.

Those dead people in Africa killed for witchcraft...would agree with you if they were alive. no expression

Deja~vu

Would they have to serve their term, or would it be forfeit, is there a precedent for something like this? Is there a precedent? NO. They would still have to serve their term since they were convicted out of an old law, I believe. It's not fair, but I think it works like that, however, it would dispense with such charges that are totally a joke in the future! No more prisons built and taxes from the sale(s) of cannabis would help get this country out of debt. It would also force the police to concentrate on real or more serious crimes. I am sure the people in prison would start appealing their sentences though. That might make a new precedent!! Appeals Courts always have precedent over lower trial courts, but then it might go to the Supreme Court. Never Know...lol...It sure would be interesting!

People have been smoking varieties of herbs from ancient times. Trying to halt it will never change the behavior of people just like prohibiting alcohol didn't change anyones behavior.

Making it legal and federalized and taxing it would be a much better option, IMO

Deja~vu
Just to let you know a precedent is when a court has to or must follow older court rulings. In this case or cases, there are no court rulings to SET as to a precedent in this matter. If people come forward, such as those in jail, then if a court ruling is found in their favor, then that would set (one precedent) in that jurisdiction, but other states must follow to make it a Federal precedent or it must at least go to the Supreme Court to set the Final precedent.

Bardock42
You define terms now? Without being asked?

You are all growed up touched

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by dadudemon
Those dead people in Africa killed for witchcraft...would agree with you if they were alive. no expression

But they're dead and thus can't complain. Bardock can't do anything because he's a Libertarian and since they didn't hurt him and the people they hurt aren't complaining it's immoral for him to interfere.

Deja~vu
You define terms now? Without being asked?

You are all growed up touched Nooooooooooo, don't say that.

laughing out loud

Bardock42
But they're dead and thus can't complain. Bardock can't do anything because he's a Libertarian and since they didn't hurt him and the people they hurt aren't complaining it's immoral for him to interfere.

I think you mistake libertarians for the Watchers or something no expression

Symmetric Chaos
I think you mistake libertarians for the Watchers or something no expression

Watchers won't interfere even if they asked.

Also you once mentioned this, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-aggression_principle, as a primary principle of Libertarianism.

Bardock42
Watchers won't interfere even if they asked.

Also you once mentioned this, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-aggression_principle, as a primary principle of Libertarianism.

Yes. Though I'd argue that religions do initiate aggression and that the people that are the victims of this aggression do not want it. And whether they are dead afterwards has little bearing I believe.

Symmetric Chaos
Proactively stopping them would be going against it. You can defend someone who is being threatened but once that person is dead there's nothing you can do without violating the non-aggression principle except wait for them to try to hurt someone again.

Bardock42
Proactively stopping them would be going against it. You can defend someone who is being threatened but once that person is dead there's nothing you can do without violating the non-aggression principle except wait for them to try to hurt someone again. That strongly depends on your interpretation of the non-aggression principle, I'd say.

Symmetric Chaos
That strongly depends on your interpretation of the non-aggression principle, I'd say.

I suppose it would.

Bicnarok
seeing as everyone who wants to smokes it any way, whats the difference

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.