U.S. destroyers on move as N. Korea prepares rocket launch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KidRock
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/03/26/north.korea.us.ships/index.html

Symmetric Chaos
Glad I'm out of range.

Robtard
More dick waving from either side.

Wild Shadow
i really just want a real war to kick off.

KidRock
Hell yeah, I would enlist and go kick some chow ass just like we did to them in dubya dubya one

LDHZenkai
Eh this isn't really even a concern for the U.S. If N. Korea starts causing too much trouble Japan would more than likely ***** slap them. That and they don't really have any weaponry that could harm us directly. The Rodong-1 can maybe hit japan at best. And they have horrible accuracy.

dadudemon
Originally posted by LDHZenkai
Eh this isn't really even a concern for the U.S. If N. Korea starts causing too much trouble Japan would more than likely ***** slap them. That and they don't really have any weaponry that could harm us directly. The Rodong-1 can maybe hit japan at best. And they have horrible accuracy.
Yes, Japan would ***** slap them with their MASSIVE military might, right?

So, holmes, they don't have mobile suits over there.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Glad I'm out of range.

so you think..

and Japan slapping N. Korea would be a deadly mistake.

thats beside the fact that China's N. Koreas' loyal ally in the way the brits are to us..

i'm telling you something serious and eventfull is gonna end up happening this year, geopolitically speaking.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon

So, holmes, they don't have mobile suits over there.

You sure, they have a dancing robot now, Gundam isn't far off.

Mairuzu
I'd love to see his expression if it gets shot down

Kris Blaze
America's ****ed.

kevdude
Yes Japan with there massive old ww2 military (where ever its at) is going to harm NK. big grin

Mairuzu
They're too busy making funny signs and weird toilets.

Robtard
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I'd love to see his expression if it gets shot down

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7669/kimjongill.jpg

Mairuzu
Haha, so that's how he'll be watching his launch?

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Robtard
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7669/kimjongill.jpg

big grin laughing out loud

Nothings going to happen here.

why can't N korea have a rocket anyway, lots of other countries have.

Wild Shadow
because they are communist and communist are evil and will destroy the planet first chance they get.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
because they are communist and communist are evil and will destroy the planet first chance they get.

Coulda sworn that was Republicans.

dadudemon
Coulda sworn that was Republicans.

lol?

Symmetric Chaos
sad

dadudemon
sad laughing

That's not what I meant. I was saying "lol?" because it is a joke..but...at the same time, it holds truth...so it makes it sad.

LDHZenkai
Originally posted by kevdude
Yes Japan with there massive old ww2 military (where ever its at) is going to harm NK. big grin
Japan has Aegis equipped BMD systems. You know...the same ones the U.S. uses? http://www.futurefirepower.com/the-jsdf-the-japanese-self-defense-forces-the-new-military-of-japan

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Wild Shadow

Oh ok, better bomb them then eek! laughing

Symmetric Chaos
Japan has Aegis equipped BMD systems. You know...the same ones the U.S. uses? http://www.futurefirepower.com/the-jsdf-the-japanese-self-defense-forces-the-new-military-of-japan

I've never see the JSDF be useful against anything. Not against Godzilla, not againt the Angels, nuthin' at all.

jinXed by JaNx
North Koreans are voyeurists, they get off by shooting a load while everyone watches.

Symmetric Chaos
*sigh* That's exhibitionism. Voyeurists like to watch.

Mindset
Japan has Gundams

Sadako of Girth
Holy shit! How you gonna fight Robotech, son...?!!
"Amer-i-cahhhhhhhhhh....f**k yeah.........!!!!"
stick out tongue

LDHZenkai
I've never see the JSDF be useful against anything. Not against Godzilla, not againt the Angels, nuthin' at all.
Japans constitution they made as part of the U.S. allowing them to be a free country states that they will not pick up weapons and make war ever again. They are, however, trying to make an addendum to that so that they can pro-actively wage war against threats. I would assume any military action they would move in they would run by the U.S. though either way per the treaty they have.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Robtard
More dick waving from either side.

George Carlin reference?

Symmetric Chaos
Japans constitution they made as part of the U.S. allowing them to be a free country states that they will not pick up weapons and make war ever again. They are, however, trying to make an addendum to that so that they can pro-actively wage war against threats. I would assume any military action they would move in they would run by the U.S. though either way per the treaty they have.

Yes, obviously my criticism of the JDSF's ineffectiveness when combating Godzilla was meant to be taken seriously.

jinXed by JaNx

wallbash

Symmetric Chaos

That's voyeurs roll eyes (sarcastic)

Symmetric Chaos
Crap...

LDHZenkai
Yes, obviously my criticism of the JDSF's ineffectiveness when combating Godzilla was meant to be taken seriously.
Oh i realize it wasn't :-P i was just stating that b/c not many people know that Japans constitution prohibits them from engaging in war. And they did get Godzilla to fight Mega Godzilla!

Captain REX
Originally posted by KidRock
Hell yeah, I would enlist and go kick some chow ass just like we did to them in dubya dubya one

The racism isn't greatly appreciated...

KidRock
Originally posted by Captain REX
The racism isn't greatly appreciated...

Which race? The human one?

majoraj
did you want some FRIEEEEES with that ? enjoy your meal sir!

Symmetric Chaos
Which race? The human one?

Humanity is a species not a race.

Wild Shadow
would race be between male and female?

LDHZenkai
Race just means a group related by common descent. Human is a race. Species is pretty much the same thing...just with a bit more detail about our dna and who we can mate with. So if there were aliens they could be racist against humans.

Symmetric Chaos
Race just means a group related by common descent. Human is a race. Species is pretty much the same thing...just with a bit more detail about our dna and who we can mate with. So if there were aliens they could be racist against humans.

Scientifically speaking a race is the same as a breed or sub-species. It's the same thing in anthropology. But yes, the word race can be stretched pretty far (though you've taken it the level of everything on Earth is one race).

FistOfThe North
"North Korea vows 'revenge' if Japan shoots down rocket."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20090402/pl_bloomberg/aiffxa5likds

FistOfThe North

Symmetric Chaos
Why would a satellite launch pass through Japanese airspace anyway?

FistOfThe North

inimalist
Scientifically speaking a race is the same as a breed or sub-species. It's the same thing in anthropology. But yes, the word race can be stretched pretty far (though you've taken it the level of everything on Earth is one race).

race does not exist in anthropology

like, literally, does not exist. I get into lots of arguments in anthro classes about it

scientifically it is ambiguous, though it is not incorrect to say that if humans had continued to breed in geographically isolated areas, there would eventually be enough genetic differences between racial groups to call them sub-species.

Bicnarok

Humanity is a race, on a race towards destruction at a fair rate of Knots.

ItsRambo
korea has russia thought right?

dadudemon
Pewpty pewpy pewpy pewps.

I hope Korea does absurdly aggressive shit and pisses everyone off. I love it so bad when the rest of the world gets all controlling and dictatorial to Korea. Bunch of old white guys getting their knickers in a bunch. Mwaaahahaaaa. MWaha. Mwahahahahahaha..pewp

Alpha Centauri
I wonder how long it'll take for THIS "scary" story to pass.

-AC

LDHZenkai
Pewpty pewpy pewpy pewps.

I hope Korea does absurdly aggressive shit and pisses everyone off. I love it so bad when the rest of the world gets all controlling and dictatorial to Korea. Bunch of old white guys getting their knickers in a bunch. Mwaaahahaaaa. MWaha. Mwahahahahahaha..pewp
Uhm....Japan and South Korea are the ones pissed off. The rest of the world just thinks it's a bad idea for N. Korea to do it. And I'm pretty sure Japanese and Korean people aren't old white guys.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I wonder how long it'll take for THIS "scary" story to pass.

-AC

Up until they either launch or declare that they won't launch.

dadudemon
Uhm....Japan and South Korea are the ones pissed off. The rest of the world just thinks it's a bad idea for N. Korea to do it. And I'm pretty sure Japanese and Korean people aren't old white guys.

No, you're wrong. Why would South Korea by frightened of an ICBM type rocket? no expression

I heard about this on the radio this morning. no expression

South Korea doesn't care very much about this. It is Japan and the US.

Read the title of the thread...and it will give you a raging clue.

and...lol, you must be an old white guy whose knickers got in a bunch over this. That's okay, I rape your knickers back to normal.

KidRock
Anyone know when they are suppose to launch?

I hear any day now.

dadudemon

I hear any day now.

I heard rumors for tomorrow.. "today"...

LDHZenkai

I hear any day now.
Before the 8th. They didn't give a specific date. They did say if Japan shot down the rocket they would wage war on them and come down on them like a "bolt of thunder". Japan has their Aegis Defense system setup and the U.S. dispatched several ships with the Aegis II system to help Japan shoot down debris that might accidentally enter into Japanese airspace.

Alpha Centauri
Up until they either launch or declare that they won't launch.

Then either way it'll blow over.

-AC

LDHZenkai
No, you're wrong. Why would South Korea by frightened of an ICBM type rocket? no expression

I heard about this on the radio this morning. no expression

South Korea doesn't care very much about this. It is Japan and the US.

Read the title of the thread...and it will give you a raging clue.

and...lol, you must be an old white guy whose knickers got in a bunch over this. That's okay, I rape your knickers back to normal.
You must not have read the CNN article about it, or watched any of the news coverage about it. S. Korea and Japan were the two nations protesting the most. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090403/ap_on_re_as/as_nkorea_missile
And south korea is frightened because they believe this is just a chance for N. Korea to show that they could launch a nuclear weapon if they wanted to. Why would any other nation than S. Korea and Japan care? This rocket isn't big enough to reach anywhere near the U.S., N. Korea doesn't have a re-entry method for their rockets even if it could, and N. Korea hasn't developed a rocket big enough for a nuclear warhead or a warhead small enough for said rocket. And I'm part japanese, jew, native american, and white. So i'm only a quarter old white guy (im 24). Oh and I'll pass on any rape. Homosexual love isn't my thing, but I'll defend your right to sleep with as many guys as you want.

Sincerely,

Zenkai

Symmetric Chaos
And I'm part japanese, jew, native american, and white.

Just choose one already.

LDHZenkai
Just choose one already.
lol, im equal parts all! I'm def. more white person and Asian than anything else. Def. not Jewish being a devote Atheist and all. And I don't have tan skin like a Native American sad

KidRock
Missile was launched just now.

Alpha Centauri
It allegedly landed in the ocean, Japan didn't attempt to shoot it down or anything.

-AC

Symmetric Chaos
Ha, made of phail!

BackFire
I just had a more eventful and successful launch in my pants.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
It allegedly landed in the ocean, Japan didn't attempt to shoot it down or anything.

-AC

Meh, your prediction seems right. This may blow over sooner than I expected.

Originally posted by BackFire
I just had a more eventful and successful launch in my pants.

Hahahahaha! One thing I don't doubt. Ever.

You should show Kim what a sucessful launch REALLY looks like.

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Bicnarok

Nothings going to happen here.

Well a lot happened then, and now the UN which is a toothless useless body is going to talk about it.

dadudemon
You must not have read the CNN article about it, or watched any of the news coverage about it. S. Korea and Japan were the two nations protesting the most. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090403/ap_on_re_as/as_nkorea_missile
And south korea is frightened because they believe this is just a chance for N. Korea to show that they could launch a nuclear weapon if they wanted to. Why would any other nation than S. Korea and Japan care? This rocket isn't big enough to reach anywhere near the U.S., N. Korea doesn't have a re-entry method for their rockets even if it could, and N. Korea hasn't developed a rocket big enough for a nuclear warhead or a warhead small enough for said rocket. And I'm part japanese, jew, native american, and white. So i'm only a quarter old white guy (im 24). Oh and I'll pass on any rape. Homosexual love isn't my thing, but I'll defend your right to sleep with as many guys as you want.

Sincerely,

Zenkai

No no, dude, I think you misunderstood my intentions. I wasn't being pissy with you. I was having fun.

So you don't think I was pulling shit out of my ass (what else would I pull out from there???), here's the info I was talking about:

"The reaction in South Korea has been anything but heated. There are certainly many people there who oppose the North Korean launch, including South Korean President Lee Myung-bak, who said in London on Friday that he believed the North Koreans would go ahead with the launch. But Ed Reed, a representative of the Asia Foundation in Seoul, says the wider public in South Korea is not greatly concerned about it. Reed says he believes that the North Koreans are far more interested in sending a signal to the United States. It may also be, "a strong statement to their own people that their country has reached the level of an advanced state that can actually join the space age and the club of countries that launch satellites," he says."

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=102719292

See, I'm not crazy. big grin

And, again, why would South Korea be afraid of an ICBM?

LDHZenkai
No no, dude, I think you misunderstood my intentions. I wasn't being pissy with you. I was having fun.

So you don't think I was pulling shit out of my ass (what else would I pull out from there???), here's the info I was talking about:

"The reaction in South Korea has been anything but heated. There are certainly many people there who oppose the North Korean launch, including South Korean President Lee Myung-bak, who said in London on Friday that he believed the North Koreans would go ahead with the launch. But Ed Reed, a representative of the Asia Foundation in Seoul, says the wider public in South Korea is not greatly concerned about it. Reed says he believes that the North Koreans are far more interested in sending a signal to the United States. It may also be, "a strong statement to their own people that their country has reached the level of an advanced state that can actually join the space age and the club of countries that launch satellites," he says."

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=102719292

See, I'm not crazy. big grin

And, again, why would South Korea be afraid of an ICBM?

Oh I see. My point is that S. Korean politicians and the other people in the know about such things we're worried b/c they felt it was just N. Korea showing that they had the capacity for Nuclear warfare. It wasn't really a big deal to places like the U.S. b/c, as N. Korea just demonstrated, they do not have the capability to come anywhere near the U.S. Japan and S. Korea were worried b/c they are about the only places N. Korea could actually hit with these missiles. Also I don't like the NPR they have very biased reporting smile
http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1663

Symmetric Chaos
Oh I see. My point is that S. Korean politicians and the other people in the know about such things we're worried b/c they felt it was just N. Korea showing that they had the capacity for Nuclear warfare. It wasn't really a big deal to places like the U.S. b/c, as N. Korea just demonstrated, they do not have the capability to come anywhere near the U.S. Japan and S. Korea were worried b/c they are about the only places N. Korea could actually hit with these missiles. Also I don't like the NPR they have very biased reporting smile

How is their bias regarding Israel and Palestine relevant here?

LDHZenkai
How is their bias regarding Israel and Palestine relevant here?
Baddude posted a link to NPR as to where he got his info from. And i was making a remark as to how i hadn't read it or anything from the NPR because they tend to be very biased in their reporting. The article i linked was an example of that. In other words, we were having a side conversation that was still in relation to the topic.

dadudemon

I didn't start listening to NPR until about 2 years ago. I have noticed bias in every media source. I find NPR to be less biased than most.

Still, it doesn't change the fact that I'm not crazy. big grin

LDHZenkai
I didn't start listening to NPR until about 2 years ago. I have noticed bias in every media source. I find NPR to be less biased than most.

Still, it doesn't change the fact that I'm not crazy. big grin
lol touche

Bicnarok

LDHZenkai

Bicnarok
The U.S. does have modified Boeings with laser weapon systems for shooting down ICBM. This is also a good read:

United States Orbital Laser

Thanks for the link, very interesting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.