Shamo: anyone read it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sado22
anyone read this manga. i just finished reading it and i've got to say it's pretty good overall despite some quirky dialogue at times. the writer doesn't pull punches and he doesn't betray the hero's character. he remains true to it and that's kinda hard to do with someone like Ryo who is not exactly the nicest guy on the block.

there is also a movie of the same, btw, you can check it out on youtube. it adopts the manga rather well but only the first few volumes.

OgreMan
I read Shamo and I rather enjoy it. I really like that Ryo is a true anti-hero. Its rather refreshing to see a main character with shades of gray like Ryo.

Sado22
exactly. it's not easy to sympathize with a rapist, parricide, thug, junkie, gigilo, cheater, pill-popper but his character is done well and so you actually vouch for him instead of an actual "hero" like Sugawara.
too bad the manga is not in continuation anymore. that's really pissing me off to no end. mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.