Protex (White Martian) vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
Classic Thor.

Who wins ?

Philosophía
Protex.

Martian_mind
Damn straight.

Warlord
Thor

guy222
I just found an issue with Protex. I'll read it and post a winner

Avlon

Philosophía
Originally posted by Avlon
Any new material with Protex or are we going off the original Morrison showings?

After Morrison's arc, I only remember him appearing in a later arc where in order to beat the White Martians the JLA drag the moon twoards the earth, with nothing impressive being displayed there by him individually. So yes, pretty much the original showings.

Avlon
Lightning does tend to cause fire a lot of the time as a side effect.

That would be a problem for Protex.

Thor would be in trouble if Protex liquifies and attacks his internal organs though.

hmmm...

Space M ummy
Lightning does tend to cause fire a lot of the time as a side effect.

That would be a problem for Protex.

Thor would be in trouble if Protex liquifies and attacks his internal organs though.

hmmm...

Protex could be in trouble if Thor matter manipulates him, creates anti-matter/antiforce to flat out annihilate him, or BFR's them both into the sun to fight where he would have no difficulty, but protex would have serious, serious problems if not simply killed immediately.

I'd say thor has a pretty good chance to win this.

Avlon
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Protex could be in trouble if Thor matter manipulates him,

Thor is not matter manipulating someone with complete control over their own being. There is a better chance the other way around actually but I don't see this as a chance of victory either way.

creates anti-matter/antiforce to flat out annihilate him,

How would that hurt a being that could turn intangible or literally jump in Thors body to wreck with any type of damage it wanted to inflict?

or BFR's them both into the sun to fight where he would have no difficulty, but protex would have serious, serious problems if not simply killed immediately.

This is never as easy as it sounds for thor...he's have to spin his hammer and catch a vastly faster, physically superior opponent with mindrape abilites.

I'd say thor has a pretty good chance to win this.

Even with all of Protex's abilities... it's still rather easy to make fire with lightning based powers...so yea...I'd give it to Thor.

Space M ummy
Thor is not matter manipulating someone with complete control over their own being. There is a better chance the other way around actually but I don't see this as a chance of victory either way.

Thor's abilities are magical in nature and have been shown to completely override natural/science based abilities. i.e. his control over the weather supercedes Storm's, and his control over magnetism trumps magneto's for this reason. I don't see any reason why protex's control over his molecules would be better than say, magneto's control over magnetism. Mjolnir is a massively powerful magical object- he also used it to cut off juggernaut from the source of his powers, and flat out reverse the process that gave hyperion HIS powers and trap him completely. Mjolnir >>> White martian by a mile.

Thor can hit/hurt intangible beings. he's done it to vision, and de-phased his body out of the ground when placed there by kitty pryde, so clearly has some control over his body's structure in that area.

There's also VERY little evidence anywhere that thor's insides are any less durable than his outsides- that is, strong enough to take hits from nuclear weapons, the core of stars, and direct hits from CELESTIALS without visible damage. If protex did somehow manage to get inside of thor without taking damage (unlikely) thor could BFR himself to the center of the sun or to muspelheim- an area of extreme heat that would purge/kill protex immediately, but leave thor unharmed.

Classic thor has many, many instances of him swinging the hammer, throwing the hammer, and using it to fly in excess of lightspeed. There's even a scan in the respect thread of Thor towing a jet at supersonic speeds using the hammer, so control isn't an issue. And...phsyically superior? are you sure? Classic thor is strong enough to immobilize an enraged hulk for at least a solid hour. The white martian is not stronger than Thor.

Telepathy is an advantage, but thor IS resistant and should protex go that route, he'll have a hard time fending off some extremely powerful attacks by Thor in the meantime- not just physical hits but lightning, godforce, anti-force, matter manipulation, hurricane force winds, and of course...flat out BFR to somewhere he couldn't survive.

The lightning based powers are another reason yes- but classic thor has a lot more in his arsenal. The guy can even time travel, though I don't see how that would help here. smile

Naija boy
Thor wins. Also thor can actually create fire directly. No need for lightning. Though thats not his only way of winning anyways

Enyalus
The only way I can see Protex winning is via mind rape. Barring that, Protex goes down pretty hard.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.