Bane runs a gauntlet...again

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
This is Bane in his prime. Full rest.

1. 10 battle droids
2. 10 clone troopers
3. ESB Luke
4. ROTJ Luke
5. Qui Gon
6. Maul
7. ROTS Kenobi
8. Dooku
9. Revan
10. Mace
11. Yoda
12. LOTF Luke
13. The grand army of the republic

Slash_KMC
F*ck Bane.

Anyhow, he possible goes down at Revan, if not, he dies by the wrath of Mace.

Eminence
Yoda probably makes him cry.

mattatom
9, 10, 11, 12 he'd have trouble with. If your counting just footsoldiers for 13 he could probably take them. Just keep his saber near his head and he'd probably be safe.

Lightsnake
8, 9 or 10

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by mattatom
9, 10, 11, 12 he'd have trouble with. If your counting just footsoldiers for 13 he could probably take them. Just keep his saber near his head and he'd probably be safe.

Not just foot soldiers. The entire army. And even if it were just foot soldiers this the THE ENTIRE GRAND ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC not just one platoon or something.

Nephthys
Could lose to any of these.

Doesn't make it past 13 unless theres about 5 moon's in orbit.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Nephthys
Could lose to any of these.

Doesn't make it past 13 unless theres about 5 moon's in orbit.

Tis the ENTIRE grand army.

Nephthys
Which = 3 million via Karen Travis and George Lucas. A meteor WAY smaller than the moon wiped out over a billion dinosaurs. Do the math.

Hewhoknowsall
Which = 3 million via Karen Travis and George Lucas. A meteor WAY smaller than the moon wiped out over a billion dinosaurs. Do the math.

That's wierd...a GALACTIC army that's supposed to enforce/deploy over a galaxy has only 3 million...the clones must be REALLY good/the droids REALLY bad if they're able to match a droid army of several trillion+

BTW, if you think that Bane could beat an army of 3 million plus air support, space support and vehicles (not to mention Jedi, since they're technically fighting "in the army"wink...

Nephthys
Moon Bane = Gahd. galan_buu

And people get pissed about the number's for exactly the reasons you said, but what can you do? 1.5 mil by AOTC, 3 mil by the reign of Traviss.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Lightsnake
8, 9 or 10

Erm, are you sure you typed the correct numbers?

Eminence
Edit

mattatom
Moon Bane = Gahd. galan_buu

And people get pissed about the number's for exactly the reasons you said, but what can you do? 1.5 mil by AOTC, 3 mil by the reign of Traviss.
QFT
Traviss is annoying...

Nephthys
Lucas started it. 1.5 mil clones in AOTC.... I oughtta slap him. But I won't cuz he created SW and looks like a big snuggly carebear. love

Lol.

Hewhoknowsall
What's also weird is that the army is supposed to be one of the largest in history...

Lightsnake
When did 'units' from a single city mean 'single clone?'

Eminence
Mace Windu noted in Shatterpoint that at that point in the war, they had enough clones to put one on each world of the Republic and still have a "handful" of thousands left over. Since the Republic has a million worlds (I think)...

Lightsnake
Let alone they used over a million in Coruscant's defense alone. For three million to be remotely viable, no clone would ever have to die ever.

mattatom
Originally posted by Eminence
Mace Windu noted in Shatterpoint that at that point in the war, they had enough clones to put one on each world of the Republic and still have a "handful" of thousands left over. Since the Republic has a million worlds (I think)... Originally posted by Lightsnake
Let alone they used over a million in Coruscant's defense alone. For three million to be remotely viable, no clone would ever have to die ever.

So totalling that up it'd have to be (An estimate).
2 million and twenty thousand.

Hewhoknowsall
So totalling that up it'd have to be (An estimate).
2 million and twenty thousand.

Which would make no sense; it's a GALACTIC army, you have to have enough to enforce a GALAXY, and that's a pretty big place.

mattatom
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Which would make no sense; it's a GALACTIC army, you have to have enough to enforce a GALAXY, and that's a pretty big place. Read Mace's quote from Shatterpoint O'm only telling you what he said.

Hewhoknowsall
Read Mace's quote from Shatterpoint O'm only telling you what he said.

I know, I'm just saying that it makes no sense. They'd have about 1 million and several hundred thousand, which is nowhere near large enough for a galactic army, and barely enough for a planet army. It's like having a police force of a city as the military for earth.

mattatom
Well it's on the paper approved by GL therefore canon you may not like it it may not make sense but it's there.

Darth_Glentract
Explain to me the point of running a gauntlet with full rest.

mattatom
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Explain to me the point of running a gauntlet with full rest.

I think, that no one would be stupid enough not to do a gauntlet without resting between combatabts. Then if we use a canon gauntlet Dooku didnt have a rest when it was...

Obi Wan +Anakin VS Dooku
Yoda VS Dooku.
That's one example where he didn't have a rest.

darthbane99
Yeah my favorite,obviously bane could make maul and a few dinky droids cry,and arrest fairly large amount of jedi knights and masters.
Against yoda...maybe difficulty and the entire platoon and army,yes...the thought bome remember. Some stil would say only force sensitives could be killed yet the clones are a reborn jedi from the emeror so they have some midchlorian count.

Especially latter when dessan uses force crystals to creat jedi without any training. But thats a different story.

Darth_Glentract
I think, that no one would be stupid enough not to do a gauntlet without resting between combatabts. Then if we use a canon gauntlet Dooku didnt have a rest when it was...

Obi Wan +Anakin VS Dooku
Yoda VS Dooku.
That's one example where he didn't have a rest.

So why not just make seperate threads? We all know he is going to rape the first few rounds and get crushed on the last few. No point in wasting bandwidth on that. The whole point of a gauntlet is lost when you give them full rest.

The Ground
Difficulty with 10, but at 11 he goes down for sure.

Borbarad
I'd vote 14.
That's where all the guys mentioned in the first posting of this thread jump out of the monitor to mutilate the thread-starter.

Lord Lucien
'Bout time too.

mattatom
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
'Bout time too.

Yet again Lucien something we further agree on.Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
So why not just make seperate threads? We all know he is going to rape the first few rounds and get crushed on the last few. No point in wasting bandwidth on that. The whole point of a gauntlet is lost when you give them full rest. Since he's a silly person. I would call him a clouted pox-marked varlet!

Captain REX
Originally posted by Borbarad
I'd vote 14.
That's where all the guys mentioned in the first posting of this thread jump out of the monitor to mutilate the thread-starter.

No need for that kind of talk.

Is this gauntlet different than others that Bane has run? If so, then the thread is fine and nobody needs to complain about it.

~:Mr.Anderson:~
wtf is with 1 and 2 its like you are asking for anti-bane fanboyism by creating those options.

Darth Truculent
Um . . . isn't Luke the greatest Jedi Master? Even more powerful than Yoda? I'm pretty sure that Bane couldn't beat LOTF Luke.

バルムンク
Yoda's shit anyway.

バルムンク
Bane would realistically take Luke anyway, he's displayed far more control over and knowledge of the Force, a planetary level Force defence, has the numerous and astronomical advantages of the orbalisk armour, and has displayed superior fighting smarts and a superior ability with the lightsaber.

SIDIOUS 66

Nephthys
Stuck a moon up Galactus' ass. jokawer

Hewhoknowsall

Lightsnake
He didn't do anything of the sort. Nebaris is blowing smoke again. Especilally as Luke has done planetary displays. Unassisted.

Lightsnake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.