Darth Plagueis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Darth Plagueis, also known as Darth Plagueis the Wise, was a Muun Dark Lord of the Sith, heir to the lineage of Darth Bane and a master of midi-chlorian manipulation, who lived during the century leading up to the Battle of Naboo. Obsessed with eternal life, Plagueis experimented with ways to cheat death and create new life from the midi-chlorians.

He played a large role in galactic events, inciting Darth Sidious, whom he trained in the ways of the Sith and the dark side of the Force, to take control of the galaxy and bring about an age of the Sith. Sidious, concerned with being replaced as Plagueis' apprentice, eventually killed the Muun in his sleep. The legend of Plagueis was later used by Sidious to sway Anakin Skywalker to the dark side, though Plagueis himself remained a mysterious figure to the Jedi and their allies well into the time of the Galactic Alliance.

- Wookiepedia

What else does anyone know of this alien humanoid? I'd like to know more, like who was his master and how did he aquire a young Palpatine? And why or how didn't he sense Palpatine planning his death, as powerful as he was..?

Lord Knightfa11
Only in the E.U. My very young apprentice.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Darth Plagueis, also known as Darth Plagueis the Wise, was a Muun Dark Lord of the Sith, heir to the lineage of Darth Bane and a master of midi-chlorian manipulation, who lived during the century leading up to the Battle of Naboo. Obsessed with eternal life, Plagueis experimented with ways to cheat death and create new life from the midi-chlorians.

He played a large role in galactic events, inciting Darth Sidious, whom he trained in the ways of the Sith and the dark side of the Force, to take control of the galaxy and bring about an age of the Sith. Sidious, concerned with being replaced as Plagueis' apprentice, eventually killed the Muun in his sleep. The legend of Plagueis was later used by Sidious to sway Anakin Skywalker to the dark side, though Plagueis himself remained a mysterious figure to the Jedi and their allies well into the time of the Galactic Alliance.
- Wookiepedia

Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
Only in the E.U. My very young apprentice.
Actually 99% of that is true..... even in here.

He is a sith of the Bane lineage(Bane is mentioned in the PT novels) He did live in the century before naboo if Sidious was his apprentice.

He could supposedly(according to sidious in the movie)manipulate midi-chlorians, manipulate life/save people from death and was killed in his sleep. And he obviously told this "sith legend" to Anakin. The only thing that sticks out to me that is not canon in this forum would be him being a Muun. Most of what is known about Plaguesis we learned from Sidious in ROTS.

FistOfThe North
Darth Plagueis being of the Munn race was approved by George Lucas himself. So it's canon.

sweersa
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Darth Plagueis being of the Munn race was approved by George Lucas himself. So it's canon.

Link plz

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by sweersa
Link plz

...proof please...

queeq
Indeed. This is bordeline EU, guys. Most of that stuff seems pretty much fitting with canon, but watch out.

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by queeq
Indeed. This is bordeline EU, guys. Most of that stuff seems pretty much fitting with canon, but watch out.

there's a theory that plagueis manipulated midi-chlorians to create anakin, though there's speculation, and most actually believe it was palpatine.

Those who believe plagueis created anakin believe that's why palpatine killed him in his sleep, because plagueis would of replaced palpatine with anakin to become the heir to the sith.

Those who believe palpatine created anakin believe he created anakin for the sole purpose of being to the heir to the sith and palpatine simply killed plagueis to prove himself as a true sith (merciless and relentless)

Either way, the end result is pretty much the same. Though is plagueis had got his hands on anakin, i believe anakin would have been several times more powerful then anyone predicts he would have been under palpatine, and obviously he wouldn't have been confind to his iconic outfit. No doubt, the outcome would have been the opposite to that of Ep1. Plagueis comes to get anakin to train under the sith arts...end!

sweersa
Plagueis had to use the midichloreans and the Force to conceive Anakin because he was ill-equipped.

Wouldn't I make a great EU author? Hahaha.

queeq
Yes, so go to the EU forum.

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
Yes, so go to the EU forum.

I always get into trouble there. I just make fun of EU and get warned.

LordPrydon
Without EU there is sadly very little we will know of this remarkeable sith lord. However I believe the movie does hint strongly he was the one who personally trained the sith who would be Emperor.

DarthLazious
Well in a book I read it said he created Anakain Skywalker by using the Dark Side of the Force.

sweersa
Uh oh.

DarthLazious
Yeah.

queeq
Originally posted by DarthLazious
Well in a book I read it said he created Anakain Skywalker by using the Dark Side of the Force.

Sounds like EU.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
True.

But I'm curious - which book?

DarthLazious
The New Essential Chronology.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.