Did Darth Plagueis (or Palpatine) create Anakin Skywalker?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
- Obsessed with eternal life, Plagueis experimented with ways to cheat death and "create new life from the midi-chlorians."

- "Plagueis had the ability to create life from nothing, using the Force to directly manipulate the midi-chlorians found in a living being's blood."

- "When Plagueis then stated that a being created in this manner would be the living embodiment of the Force, Sidious realized that his master intended to create his replacement, and determined to kill Plagueis before that happened. Plagueis never suspected his impending death. Shortly after, at some point between 52 BBY and 46 BBY, Sidious murdered Darth Plagueis as he slept."

- Plagueis' experiments in creating life may have succeeded. It was speculated that Plagueis initiated his plans before dying, and according to the Sith Lords, it was Plagueis who influenced the midi-chlorians to conceive Anakin Skywalker. Though Plagueis purportedly taught Palpatine all he knew, Palpatine himself was unable to use Plagueis' teachings to cheat death through the Force, and was forced to rely on clone bodies to hold his spirit instead.

- Darth Plagueis, the legend went, was so powerful and wise he could persuade the midi-chlorians to create new life,

-- Wookiepedia

chilled monkey
Possible, but a question occurs; why did he pick Shmi Skywalker to bear the child? What was it about her, out of the quadrillions of women in the galaxy that made her special? I've always wondered that.

For that matter, how was this process actually done? Shmi doesn't seem to have any idea how Anakin came into existence, so what was done presumably was done so without her awareness.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Possible, but a question occurs; why did he pick Shmi Skywalker to bear the child? What was it about her, out of the quadrillions of women in the galaxy that made her special? I've always wondered that.

For that matter, how was this process actually done? Shmi doesn't seem to have any idea how Anakin came into existence, so what was done presumably was done so without her awareness.

Well it had to be someone. If it was Emily from Naboo you would be asking the same question: "Why Emily"?

FistOfThe North

Perhaps she was randomly selected.

Maybe Plaguis threw some "proverbial" chips (or bones) up in the air over a galactic map covering an entire medieval floor and "that one chip he favored" happened to land on the place of birth for the being; tatootine, where he traveled to and sensed shmi to be the least conspicuous of all women and chose her, unbeknownst to her.

Or maybe not.

They were gonna write a Darth Plagueis novel but canned it cause they felt it wasn't the right time top delve into Palpatines and Plagueis's past. w/e that means. So they instead decided to pen the Darth Bane Novel for now.

I can't want for the former.

Nephthys
She didn't even know what the word's 'date rape' meant.

In other words, perfect.evilgrin

mattatom
Originally posted by Nephthys
She didn't even know what the word's 'date rape' meant.

In other words, perfect.evilgrin

She had to sleep some time. They picked her cos of the tatoo of "Enter Saber here" On one thigh aiming up and "Use the Force" on the other thigh Aiming up.

Darth Storm
well dont forget, that the skywalkers were dated back ages ago and the fact that shimi was acually born on a so called pretty and watery world. dont forget that. it was also known that skywalkers were force sensitive

Darth Storm
mabye in fact shimi was familliar with the force

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by Darth Storm
mabye in fact shimi was familliar with the force

...if what you do say is true, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan would have sensed that she was force sensative. Yoda would have sensed that someone on that planet was force sensative. Unless Shmi is a secret uber-master of force inconspicuance...

they'd have to have some reason, and i recon what most have said is more concievable. Plagueis threw dice or something, wore a blindfold and spun several times around: pin the force-child on the planet...lol

mattatom
Originally posted by CadoAngelus
...if what you do say is true, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan would have sensed that she was force sensative. Yoda would have sensed that someone on that planet was force sensative. Unless Shmi is a secret uber-master of force inconspicuance...

they'd have to have some reason, and i recon what most have said is more concievable. Plagueis threw dice or something, wore a blindfold and spun several times around: pin the force-child on the planet...lol

To be fair Palpatine managed to hid in plain view for years. Wouldn't be that hard.

CadoAngelus
Old palpy used force cloud or something...a dark side power, unless you're suggesting that because she's not been found by the jedi she has free say as to what powers she uses?

mattatom
Old palpy used force cloud or something...a dark side power, unless you're suggesting that because she's not been found by the jedi she has free say as to what powers she uses?

Is it suggested somewhere that she wasn't a DS user?

CadoAngelus
it's not been suggested that she was a force user at all...lol

i'm just saying, what are the odds

mattatom
it's not been suggested that she was a force user at all...lol

i'm just saying, what are the odds

About the chance a blind man with a stick could feed the sarlacc a bounty hunter! Oh snap!

Nah but extremely remote.

CadoAngelus
lol

no doubt, someone somewhere has created a whacky story where shmi is in fact a powerful force user...

edit: and had wild and dirty sex with plagueis

mattatom
lol

no doubt, someone somewhere has created a whacky story where shmi is in fact a powerful force user...

edit: and had wild and dirty sex with plagueis

Then forgot about it.
"You did not have wild and dirty sex with me. You were not chained toa bed and slathered with honey by twileks. You were asleep all this time. Now sleep." -Plagueis

Probably Traviss known for the most BS here.

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by mattatom
"You did not have wild and dirty sex with me. You were not chained toa bed and slathered with honey by twileks. You were asleep all this time. Now sleep." -Plagueis

that actually made me laugh out loud lol

mattatom
*bows*
It made me laugh after I read it admittedly.

Eminence
Originally posted by mattatom
To be fair Palpatine managed to hid in plain view for years. Wouldn't be that hard. Palpatine was one of the most powerful Force-users in history.

mattatom
Originally posted by Eminence
Palpatine was one of the most powerful Force-users in history.
Yes and i'm saying that hiding on a backwater desert away from everything. It wouldn't be that hard to hide her Force strength for a day or two.

Barringer
Shmi was a slave, which is illegal in the Republic. Thus, she would be living outside the Republic, and thus Anakin wouldn't be found by the Jedi, and become a Jedi (of course, he did, which per Qui-Gon, was the will of the Force).

I believe Wookieepedia also has Plagueis dying years before Anakin was born, citing the New Essential Chronology. I suppose it's still possible if it's something that takes time for the midi-chlorians to do or whatever.

Supposing that's the case, if Plagueis didn't die, presumably he would have taken Anakin and disposed of Sidious, precluding Qui-Gon from finding Anakin.

Lord Lucien
Uh, hi. Why is the question being asked when we all know there is not yet an answer?

Barringer
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Uh, hi. Why is the question being asked when we all know there is not yet an answer?

I'd say the answer is "no" considering Plagueis died before Anakin was born. Barring a retcon, of course. But since the EU will tread lightly around stuff like this for George Lucas, I suppose the answer will remain "no" unless it is covered in the supposedly upcoming live action TV series.

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by Barringer
I'd say the answer is "no" considering Plagueis died before Anakin was born. Barring a retcon, of course. But since the EU will tread lightly around stuff like this for George Lucas, I suppose the answer will remain "no" unless it is covered in the supposedly upcoming live action TV series.

It's apparently all set to start pre-production, the only problem is it has no prospective buyers to air it...and i've read bits and bobs saying that it's going to focus on the years after RotJ. Then again, this sources could have just been speculation or hear say...

FistOfThe North
So what if Darth P. died before Anakin was born. He could've died while Shmi was prego with Anakin, after he hocus pocused him in there.

Barringer
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
So what if Darth P. died before Anakin was born. He could've died while Shmi was prego with Anakin, after he hocus pocused him in there.

He died several (4-10) years before Anakin was born.

SIDIOUS 66

You know this, how?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
You know this, how? He has seen it...

The Palantir is a dangerous tool--

Eminence
laughing

Red Nemesis
no expression

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
no expression

You ever watched Lord of the Rings?

Red Nemesis
Why was Faunus laughing? Palantiri are serious business.

Eminence
Oh shi-

LordPrydon
I believe that either or both sith were somehow responsible for the conception of Anakin Skywalker.

Lord Lucien
Well obviously.

Red Nemesis
Also:

You ever read Lord of the Rings?

LordPrydon
Well Lucien to some it is not so obvious.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by LordPrydon
Well Lucien to some it is not so obvious.

It is a nice thought, but we have no more evidence for this than for the idea that Tom Bombadil is an incarnation of Eru Iluvitar or Middle Earth itself. It is fine to feel that it is the most likely explanation, but right now you wouldn't be right.

Barringer
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
You know this, how?

The New Essential Chronology places his death between 52 - 46 BBY. Anakin was born c. 42 - 41 BBY, as he was nine years old in TPM, which was 32 BBY.

Red Nemesis
Star Wars humans have gestational periods of > four (4!) years. The saga wouldn't make sense without that factoid (how else does the Force manifest itself? How else could hyperdrive work?). It is obvious if we use real-world science and apply it to SW that humans have a 4 (four!) year foetal period. (Not to be confused with the fetal period, which is an entirely different discussion.)

LordPrydon
I am not looking to be right, Red Nemesis. I go based on the evidence as presented and don't waste time debating it endlessly like some.

Lord Lucien
Christ, he was being glib.

LordPrydon
Sorry I don't know Glib.

Slash_KMC

robk64
While Darth P was experimenting about 9 years before his death, he was attempting to channel midi's across the galaxy, round and round they go, and where they stop, nobody knows... Just finished the book Darth Plagueis. Kinda makes it apparent that the Force did what it had to do. Felt bad that Maul was never actually cut out to be a Sith, just a fighter. Sidious knew the rule of two was going to stick, and Maul was out the moment Anakin was taken by Qui Gon.

Doctorwho?
He died in 32 BBY, which is the same time frame as The Phantom Menace...check your facts before splurting something out.

Died
32 BBY (3:4), Coruscant (from wookiepedia)

Kickballjedi

Interesting answers, but I don't think Shmi being force sensitive had anything to do with it. She was a slave. Maybe Plagueis dealt with Gordola the Hutt and bought the right to use her for experiments. Maybe he experimented with several slaves and Shmi was the first to be successful. And since the method of manipulating midichlorians probably didn't have any physical aspect, she had no idea the experiment was done to her.

Doctorwho?
No

Master Han
Originally posted by robk64
While Darth P was experimenting about 9 years before his death, he was attempting to channel midi's across the galaxy, round and round they go, and where they stop, nobody knows... Just finished the book Darth Plagueis. Kinda makes it apparent that the Force did what it had to do. Felt bad that Maul was never actually cut out to be a Sith, just a fighter. Sidious knew the rule of two was going to stick, and Maul was out the moment Anakin was taken by Qui Gon.

This. The Force created Anakin in retaliation to the duo's meddling.

Doctorwho?
What he said

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Doctorwho?
He died in 32 BBY, which is the same time frame as The Phantom Menace...check your facts before splurting something out.

Died
32 BBY (3:4), Coruscant (from wookiepedia) You know that guy hasn't logged in here in over four years?

Doctorwho?
Uh huh makes it easier since he cant argue back smile Kinda like beating up a kid at Halloween and then nicking all his sweets

Doctorwho?
Which by the way I don't do....

Master Han
Originally posted by Doctorwho?
Uh huh makes it easier since he cant argue back smile Kinda like beating up a kid at Halloween and then nicking all his sweets

Sounds like what I do to your mother. And your face.

Master Han
Which by the way I don't do....

Doctorwho?
Sounds like I rustled your Jimmies...

Master Han
No, but your mother certainly did.

Doctorwho?
Oh yeah my Mum told me about it, said you had a small dick...

Master Han
She overshadowed it.

Doctorwho?
Talk about overshadowing yo momma so fat ben Kenobi said that's no moon....that's yo momma!

Master Han
Then he died in it.

Doctorwho?
Obi Wan died in your mother?

Master Han
No u

Doctorwho?
Stop being mean to me!! sad Ill get my daddy!

Devangel
Darth Plagueis not only had to power to give new life by manipulating midi-chlorians into the very essence of life but he also had the power to see the future (even tough it wasn't a power he could fully manipulate). Knowing this explains why he choose the emperor (Darth Sidious) as his pupil. Seeing the future which shifts acording to your manipulation of the present means he choose his death to fulfill a higher meaning into creating Anakin Skywalker in nowhere and into clashing with the emperor, away from jedis and siths, so he would later be naive enough to give in to the dark side.

One big fact remains, Anakin is really tuned with the dark force in a way, and understands it quitte easily.

Not only Plagueis was a living legend, but he also quitte possibly created another legend (Anakin) by manipulating the very future

DarthAnt66
Welcome to the forums.

Revanchiste

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.