Thanos/SMP vs Odin/Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who comes out on top? No bfring.

xJLxKing
Team 2 imo. DS can BFR Smp and Odin destroys Thanos

skyfather
Team 1 10/10

Thanos>Darkseid
SMP>Odin

Warlord
Team 2...
Darkseid=Thanos
Odin>SMP

Naija boy
Team 2. Odin is considerably above anyone in this field anyways.

Ozzy's Octopus
Originally posted by Naija boy
Team 2. Odin is considerably above anyone in this field anyways.

Superman Prime is invulnerable to Magic. He wins. Didn't you even know that?

Thanos is wayyyyyy above Darkseid

Warlord
Originally posted by Ozzy's Octopus

I wouldn't say invulnerable. Just highly resistant. He jsu took an attack from Mordru not his full power and Black Adams magic is nothing to Odin

Ozzy's Octopus
Originally posted by Warlord
I wouldn't say invulnerable. Just highly resistant. He jsu took an attack from Mordru not his full power and Black Adams magic is nothing to Odin

Show me where magic has hurt him, put up a scan please. Until then he is invulnerable and invulnerable to Universe destroying blasts and sacrificial deaths of immortal 'gods'. He has survived both. Odin has been defeated be far less.

Warlord
Show me where magic has hurt him, put up a scan please. Until then he is invulnerable and invulnerable to Universe destroying blasts and sacrificial deaths of immortal 'gods'. He has survived both. Odin has been defeated be far less.

If Flash's punches can hurt him Odin would do much better. Now tell me who has defeated Odin and was less than SMP?

xJLxKing
Show me where magic has hurt him, put up a scan please. Until then he is invulnerable and invulnerable to Universe destroying blasts and sacrificial deaths of immortal 'gods'. He has survived both. Odin has been defeated be far less. Dude he is highly resistant, not immune.
Also, Odin can just use Solar Radiation to kill him.

Naija boy

Yes i know he is invulnerable to magic. But the Odin force isnt a purely magical force. Its magical and cosmic. didnt you even know that? Also Odin doesnt have to apply spells directly on superman primes person. He can simply stop the timestream which will automatically stop superman prime from doing anything since he operates within the timestream. Mental attacks are also a valid option as well as straight up concussive force energy blasts.

Warlord
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Dude he is highly resistant, not immune.
Also, Odin can just use Solar Radiation to kill him.

or bfr him

Ozzy's Octopus
Yes i know he is invulnerable to magic. But the Odin force isnt a purely magical force. Its magical and cosmic. didnt you even know that? Also Odin doesnt have to apply spells directly on superman primes person. He can simply stop the timestream which will automatically stop superman prime from doing anything since he operates within the timestream. Mental attacks are also a valid option as well as straight up concussive force energy blasts.

He will not have the chance to stop the timestram or any off that rubbish. Prime will simply knock him out as he does everybody else. Prove Odins might is anything but magic. Scan please, it's always described as mystical. Look at how Odin always fights. He throws a few blasts about. Look at how all Asgardian Skyfathers fight they use lamp posts and things like Thor and Bor. Odin will die.

Warlord
He will not have the chance to stop the timestram or any off that rubbish. Prime will simply knock him out as he does everybody else. Prove Odins might is anything but magic. Scan please, it's always described as mystical. Look at how Odin always fights. He throws a few blasts about. Look at how all Asgardian Skyfathers fight they use lamp posts and things like Thor and Bor. Odin will die.

If Odin was able to survive a universe destroying fight with Seth he won't have any problems with prime. I haven't seen him destroying any universes lately. He must have been bussy getting his ass kicked by Flash

Naija boy

lol. Prime will simply knock him out. What a brilliant argument. What of Odins forcefields/immense durability? If u think it will be easy for prime to do that u are obviously not to be taken seriously. Anyways dont have my comics on this computer if not id have gladly posted scans. Still Odin has used time stoppage/teleportation/mental attacks/absorbing lifeforces and a number of other exotic abiities numerous times throughout his history. And if u checked the full capacity rule ud see that he would be fighting using the best of his abilities as protrayed in the comics. All of these options therefore are very valid for him to use here.

Warlord
lol. Prime will simply knock him out. What a brilliant argument. What of Odins forcefields/immense durability? If u think it will be easy for prime to do that u are obviously not to be taken seriously. Anyways dont have my comics on this computer if not id have gladly posted scans. Still Odin has used time stoppage/teleportation/mental attacks/absorbing lifeforces and a number of other exotic abiities numerous times throughout his history. And if u checked the full capacity rule ud see that he would be fighting using the best of his abilities as protrayed in the comics. All of these options therefore are very valid for him to use here.

thumb up

Ozzy's Octopus
Originally posted by Warlord
or bfr him

Thread starter says this is not allowed. Learn to read.

Learn to use a capital to start your sentence, comma's are also useful. Bfr was not allowed by the thread starter so learn to read, yourr options are not available. Punching reality and altering it is greater than breaking Odin's shield. Breaking out of the speed force is greater than Odin's shield. Prime is a walking plot device. He punches Odin and Odin dies. AGAIN!

Warlord

Learn to use a capital to start your sentence, comma's are also useful. Bfr was not allowed by the thread starter so learn to read, yourr options are not available. Punching reality and altering it is greater than breaking Odin's shield. Breaking out of the speed force is greater than Odin's shield. Prime is a walking plot device. He punches Odin and Odin dies. AGAIN!

will you teach me how to read oh great grandmaster?
Time manipulatios IS AVAILABLE SO ARE MENTAL ATTACKES
When Prime beats someone on Seth's level we will speak again

oh and by the way keep your attitude for yourself kid

zeel

If prime is immune to magic he wins. Odin can only fight on the defensive. If hes highly resistant. Prime gets completely raped. Im under the impression hes extremely resistant to magic not immune, but some say diffrent. No version of prime and hes a ok character, no version of this character should compete with skyfather or abstracts in comics thats just stupid.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by skyfather
Team 1 10/10

Thanos>Darkseid
SMP>Odin

SMP>Odin?

LOL.

guy222
team two

Warlord
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
SMP>Odin?

LOL.
thumb up

shokosugi
SMP solos

Allankles
DS Omega Sanctions his rip off and emo boy, he'll make Emo boy want to rip off his own head. Team 2, old man Odin can sit this one out.

quanchi112
Team 2 imo. DS can BFR Smp and Odin destroys Thanos Originally posted by Warlord
or bfr him No bfring.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Allankles
DS Omega Sanctions his rip off and emo boy, he'll make Emo boy want to rip off his own head. Team 2, old man Odin can sit this one out. You really think Ds can defeat Prime with an omega sanction when he has survived much worse?

Allankles
Originally posted by quanchi112
You really think Ds can defeat Prime with an omega sanction when he has survived much worse?

I don't think he's ever taken anything like an Omega sanction, no one on team 1 has.

quanchi112
I don't think he's ever taken anything like an Omega sanction, no one on team 1 has. He did run into Monarch, survived the Guardian's suicide blast, destroyed the speed force for a time, etc. Ds hasn't taken out anyone on Prime's level so I see no reason to believe it takes him out.

Thanos has taken blasts from Galactus, Odin, and Tyrant all of which are characters mightier than Darkseid.

Enyalus
The notion that Darkseid solos SMP OR Thanos, let alone both at once, is freakin' ridiculous. Especially without BFR.

Thanos would probably beat Darkseid, but probably lose to Odin.
SMP would definitely beat Darkseid, but definitely lose to Odin.

So I'm feeling kinda conflicted here. I'll go with Team Two though, because if SMP goes against Odin he'd get wrecked much faster than a Thanos vs. Darkseid matchup would end.

kevdude
Team 2 takes it, good fight tho.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Enyalus
The notion that Darkseid solos SMP OR Thanos, let alone both at once, is freakin' ridiculous. Especially without BFR.

Thanos would probably beat Darkseid, but probably lose to Odin.
SMP would definitely beat Darkseid, but definitely lose to Odin.

So I'm feeling kinda conflicted here. I'll go with Team Two though, because if SMP goes against Odin he'd get wrecked much faster than a Thanos vs. Darkseid matchup would end. Darkseid is the weak link. His durability is that of a top tier. He gets beaten down quickly by whoever he faces. Thanos has also been upgraded since the last time he threw down with Odin.

Allankles
He did run into Monarch, survived the Guardian's suicide blast, destroyed the speed force for a time, etc. Ds hasn't taken out anyone on Prime's level so I see no reason to believe it takes him out.

Thanos has taken blasts from Galactus, Odin, and Tyrant all of which are characters mightier than Darkseid.

The Omega Sanction isn't some generic Monarch energy blast. And Guardians are not above DS, really. DS has taken out/hurt/disabled people above emo Supes in his history.

And the Omega Sanction really has little to do with physical resistance. Either one of Thanos and SBP will go down hard. The OS is not magic or a generic energy blast, it splinters people into a succession of infinite realities, each one worse than the previous and ending in more tragic ways.

You don't tank the OS, you either outrun it or prepare to get royally screwed for eternity.

xJLxKing
The Omega Sanction isn't some generic Monarch energy blast. And Guardians are not above DS, really. DS has taken out/hurt/disabled people above emo Supes in his history.

And the Omega Sanction really has little to do with physical resistance. Either one of Thanos and SBP will go down hard. The OS is not magic or a generic energy blast, it splinters people into a succession of infinite realities, each one worse than the previous and ending in more tragic ways.

You don't tank the OS, you either outrun it or prepare to get royally screwed for eternity.
Prime would destroy DS without BFR. With BFR it can get interesting.

Superman Prime has survived much much more then an Omega S.

EDIT: Show me someone who has been "royally" Screwed by the Omega??

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by skyfather
Team 1 10/10

Thanos>Darkseid
SMP>Odin

Lol and lol.

Allankles
Prime would destroy DS without BFR. With BFR it can get interesting.

Superman Prime has survived much much more then an Omega S.

EDIT: Show me someone who has been "royally" Screwed by the Omega??

I don't see how Prime is stopping himself from getting split into infinite hellish realities of his life and forced to live every instance instantaneously where every life ends in a death more horrible than the previous. Unless you think his durability will matter against the Omega Sanction.

xJLxKing
I don't see how Prime is stopping himself from getting split into infinite hellish realities of his life and forced to live every instance instantaneously where every life ends in a death more horrible than the previous. Unless you think his durability will matter against the Omega Sanction. I asked for an example not definition

Enyalus
The Omega Sanction isn't some generic Monarch energy blast.

I agree with this. But I think that Prime can outrun it just as Supes does, and that Thanos' shields would stop it. Now, if Prime doesn't attempt to outrun it, right, DS for the win. However, full capacity says he would. Thanos should have his shields up if we're using full capacity, but then again he doesn't frequently, so that could be up for debate.

Physically, DS is beneath both of team one in durability. And has Thanos beat in travel speed (while H2H is probably about equal...maybe.) Strength, etc, I also see as about equal. And Prime's above everyone physically.

....on an unrelated note, I don't know why I'm arguing for Team One, when I said Team Two probably has the better chance. stick out tongue

Allankles
I asked for an example not definition

An example of what its usage? Boss Darkside used in on Miracle to try and get him to accept Anti-life, basically it is a fate worse than death, infinite despair.

xJLxKing
An example of what its usage? Boss Darkside used in on Miracle to try and get him to accept Anti-life, basically it is a fate worse than death, infinite despair. And this makes you think that it will even hit Prime? I doubt it will kill him.

Allankles
And this makes you think that it will even hit Prime? I doubt it will kill him.

It doesn't kill, it simply splits reality around the victim, making them live in an existence of despair, each worse than the next and each ending in a tragic death only to reintroduce another. Basically, it's a spiteful way for DS to get his victims to regret their free will.

KuRuPT Thanosi
An example of what its usage? Boss Darkside used in on Miracle to try and get him to accept Anti-life, basically it is a fate worse than death, infinite despair.

Allan you crack me up.... DS could solo SMP and Thanos haha. Your wanking of DS rivals that of Trick buddy. Now, he asked for an example of the OS royally messing someone up on Thanos or SMP level. Prime would out run it as normal supes did. Imo he could tank it as well if needed. Thanos has his shields or could just teleport away. So, again Allan name me the people that are on THanos and Primes levels that he's OS and beaten both? DId you say DS is above the Guardians... based on what?

Allankles
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Allan you crack me up.... DS could solo SMP and Thanos haha. Your wanking of DS rivals that of Trick buddy. Now, he asked for an example of the OS royally messing someone up on Thanos or SMP level. Prime would out run it as normal supes did. Imo he could tank it as well if needed. Thanos has his shields or could just teleport away. So, again Allan name me the people that are on THanos and Primes levels that he's OS and beaten both? DId you say DS is above the Guardians... based on what?

So he's supposed to tank having realities altered? Pray tell what abilities he possesses to accomplish this?

I don't know what Thanos shields can do against reality bending power, that's neither here nor there.

And everyone on team 2 can teleport, if those are viable tactics to you. Besides DS can hit his targets across dimensions, he's done it with Imperiex (as an example).

Allankles
I agree with this. But I think that Prime can outrun it just as Supes does, and that Thanos' shields would stop it. Now, if Prime doesn't attempt to outrun it, right, DS for the win. However, full capacity says he would. Thanos should have his shields up if we're using full capacity, but then again he doesn't frequently, so that could be up for debate.

Physically, DS is beneath both of team one in durability. And has Thanos beat in travel speed (while H2H is probably about equal...maybe.) Strength, etc, I also see as about equal. And Prime's above everyone physically.

....on an unrelated note, I don't know why I'm arguing for Team One, when I said Team Two probably has the better chance. stick out tongue

Prime could try to outrun them. I don't believe Supes has outrun the OS though. He's outrun the Omegas once, but in other instances DS has boxed him in with his beams.

xJLxKing
So he's supposed to tank having realities altered? Pray tell what abilities he possesses to accomplish this?

I don't know what Thanos shields can do against reality bending power, that's neither here nor there.

And everyone on team 2 can teleport, if those are viable tactics to you. Besides DS can hit his targets across dimensions, he's done it with Imperiex (as an example).
Intangible is also available to Prime

KuRuPT Thanosi

Tanking the blast after he opened up Monarch is a greater feat imo then tanking the OS. You can't name any examples of DS using the OS on somebody of Thanos and Prime individually let alone together. So, all you can do is claim how he could use the OS to kill them but have no evidence where he's done this to a team such as this. If so, by all means please name these people he's "royally screwed". Why did you bring up Imperiex... he tanked that OS so why bring it up? Supes out ran it... It couldn't even kill batman just sent him back in time lol. HPDD tanked it and proceeded to wreck DS in 3 shots. Yet of course the OS would royally mess up two people above him haha.

horrorwolf
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
SMP>Odin?

LOL.

Lulz.

Team 2 takes this because Odin solo's the field.

Allankles
Tanking the blast after he opened up Monarch is a greater feat imo then tanking the OS. You can't name any examples of DS using the OS on somebody of Thanos and Prime individually let alone together. So, all you can do is claim how he could use the OS to kill them but have no evidence where he's done this to a team such as this. If so, by all means please name these people he's "royally screwed". Why did you bring up Imperiex... he tanked that OS so why bring it up? Supes out ran it... It couldn't even kill batman just sent him back in time lol. HPDD tanked it and proceeded to wreck DS in 3 shots. Yet of course the OS would royally mess up two people above him haha.

The OS is not an energy attack, he's used the OS in two story instances and it is a completely different aspect of the Omega Force. It's single function is to warp the victims existence forcing them to live out infinite tragic lives, each one worse than the next.

If Thanos and emo Supes are only brining durability as resistance then, they're truly screwed. The OS has nothing to do with durability but reality - perpetual despair becomes a waking reality.

It's reality altering, not a physical attack.

HueyFreeman
Odin and Darkseid win against thanos and prime, then they sit down and compare who has the worse relationship with their sons

Odin -" You know I have a son who was a douchebag for a while. He would kill innocents and had a chip on his shoulder. I had to turn him mortal to set him straight."

Darksied " that's nothing, my son wishes I was dead. He spends his whole life training to murder me. My other sons a loser who keeps getting his ass handed to him to impress me"

Odin - " I think my step-son had a sex change"

Darkseid- "Ouch! you win."

Allankles
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Odin and Darkseid win against thanos and prime, then they sit down and compare who has the worse relationship with their sons

Odin -" You know I have a son who was a douchebag for a while. He would kill innocents and had a chip on his shoulder. I had to turn him mortal to set him straight."

Darksied " that's nothing, my son wishes I was dead. He spends his whole life training to murder me. My other sons a loser who keeps getting his ass handed to him to impress me"

You win the "post of thread" award, congrats.

quanchi112

You don't tank the OS, you either outrun it or prepare to get royally screwed for eternity. Monarch is more powerful than the os. Guardians are above Ds imo. Ds is just a top tier mind you.

You can't name someone on their level that this has worked against. You have nothing to back this up.

quanchi112
I asked for an example not definition thumb up Originally posted by Allankles
It doesn't kill, it simply splits reality around the victim, making them live in an existence of despair, each worse than the next and each ending in a tragic death only to reintroduce another. Basically, it's a spiteful way for DS to get his victims to regret their free will. Name an example of someone this has worked on near Thanos' or Prime's level. You can't.

kevdude
Monarch is more powerful than the os. Guardians are above Ds imo. Ds is just a top tier mind you.

You can't name someone on their level that this has worked against. You have nothing to back this up.

Darkseid was moving Monarch around on his chessboard against a Monitor, using him to his benefit. The Gaurdians he didn't worry much about... wink

quanchi112
Originally posted by kevdude
Darkseid was moving Monarch around on his chessboard against a Monitor, using him to his benefit. The Gaurdians he didn't worry much about... wink Manipulating your opponents isn't the same as beating them up. no expression

Warlord
the Omega effect was a devastating attack pre crisis...
he was able to take out pre crisis Mordru with one shot and he did the same to the Time Trapper so as you can see he has taken out some serious opponents. Thing is that was pre crisis though...

Allankles
Manipulating your opponents isn't the same as beating them up. no expression

There's nothing in Monarch's arsenal like the OS. And collapsing universes or threatening to collapse universes is something DS has done as well.

quanchi112
There's nothing in Monarch's arsenal like the OS. And collapsing universes or threatening to collapse universes is something DS has done as well. Monarch took out an entire universe. Monarch also treated multiple Supermen like mere children. Monarch is a lot more powerful than Darkseid. You have no proof and it hitting miracle and batman is anything but impressive with the present company included here.

Allankles
Monarch took out an entire universe. Monarch also treated multiple Supermen like mere children. Monarch is a lot more powerful than Darkseid. You have no proof and it hitting miracle and batman is anything but impressive with the present company included here.

Post crisis DS has already treated the heroes like children, even projecting a hologram to pwn heavy hitters like Dr Fate, Supes et al in Superpowers.

Monarch destroyed one universe in his death, DS has on two occasions wrecked the multiverse and time itself because of a death.

quanchi112
Post crisis DS has already treated the heroes like children, even projecting a hologram to pwn heavy hitters like Dr Fate, Supes et al in Superpowers.

Monarch destroyed one universe in his death, DS has on two occasions wrecked the multiverse and time itself because of a death. When was this superpowers? Is it canon? I have never heard of it.

Monarch destroyed a universe under his own power. Ds didn't destroy the multiverse. He had the ale during the entire story as well.

Monarch is on a whole other level. read countdown arena. Ds would get mauled in that type of siutation. Raker owned him and that's one gl.

Allankles
When was this superpowers? Is it canon? I have never heard of it.

Monarch destroyed a universe under his own power. Ds didn't destroy the multiverse. He had the ale during the entire story as well.

Monarch is on a whole other level. read countdown arena. Ds would get mauled in that type of siutation. Raker owned him and that's one gl.

Basically more of the same.

Monarch is below DS by FC or DOTNG or Foundations.

quanchi112

Monarch is below DS by FC or DOTNG or Foundations. No, he isn't. In foundations he was easily taken care of by less than what Monarch faced in countdown arena.

Darkseid received an amp in death of the new gods which isn't relevant here. In fc Ds had the ale the entire time. Ds is nowhere even close to Monarch.

Monarch>three Supermen while Ds can't seem to beat one on his own.

kevdude

Monarch is below DS by FC or DOTNG or Foundations.

thumb up Looks like people aren't listening again...

Enyalus
Originally posted by HueyFreeman

thumb up Beautiful.

...I'd like to read Foundations. Anyone know what the full title is so I can look it up?

zeel
Originally posted by shokosugi
SMP solos

Superman Prime confronts Odin himself and does the only thing he can do..........

SMP

pray

guy222
Thanos

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3995/doommoe3oroborosdcp015.th.jpg

Enyalus
Originally posted by guy222
Thanos

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3995/doommoe3oroborosdcp015.th.jpg

...I've only flipped through issue 1 of MoE. Is Thanos back or...was that a flashback?

guy222
Seems to be Thanos

I don't know if the series is canon

Doom and his lust for power

kgkg
...I've only flipped through issue 1 of MoE. Is Thanos back or...was that a flashback? Non-Canon

Enyalus
Originally posted by kgkg
Non-Canon

kgkg
well it's good it's non-canon because Terrax > Surfer there

h1a8

Odin can't stop time. Where you get that from?

And you forget that Odin doesn't have ftl reflexes. He's toast.

Enyalus
Originally posted by kgkg
well it's good it's non-canon because Terrax > Surfer there
Ah. Well then...**** that. lol

xJLxKing
Originally posted by h1a8

No one can stop time. Time is just imaginary, but the time stream, or whatever marvel refers it to can be stopped and Odin can stop it.

kgkg
wink
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4025/63930597.th.jpg

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/4554/odinn.th.jpg

DarkOdin

Thor stops time thru Mjolnir. Guess who put the enchantment on it.

Odin he also put an enhantment on it to time travel.

Enyalus
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Thor stops time thru Mjolnir. Guess who put the enchantment on it.

Odin he also put an enhantment on it to time travel.
Thor w/ the Odinforce has stopped time before, too.

quanchi112

And you forget that Odin doesn't have ftl reflexes. He's toast. Have you ever read one single comic with Odin in it?

Naija boy

Ignorance is bliss.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Team One and IMO without too much trouble. 8/10.

I see SMP just dominating DS with relative ease. If regular super is more then a match for DS what does Prime do to him.. Own him

Thanos vs. Odin... Well I think this is a much closer matchup up based on their fight on panel and based on the fact that Thanos has been upgraded a few times since then. I'm under the belief that Odin would still win a slight majority 6/10, maybe, if at all. However, what we seen on panel is him fighting Odin panel after panel after panel and still not being put down. While imo SMP would put down DS much faster thus coming over to help Thanos against Odin for the win.

Enyalus
Team One and IMO without too much trouble. 8/10.

I see SMP just dominating DS with relative ease. If regular super is more then a match for DS what does Prime do to him.. Own him

Thanos vs. Odin... Well I think this is a much closer matchup up based on their fight on panel and based on the fact that Thanos has been upgraded a few times since then. I'm under the belief that Odin would still win a slight majority 6/10, maybe, if at all. However, what we seen on panel is him fighting Odin panel after panel after panel and still not being put down. While imo SMP would put down DS much faster thus coming over to help Thanos against Odin for the win.

I see that...but if the matchups were reversed (SMP/Odin and Thanos/Darkseid), the results would also be reversed. 'Cause Odin drops Prime quick.

Naija boy
Pffft. Im temped to say Odin soloes thisuhuh

Enyalus
Pffft. Im temped to say Odin soloes thisuhuh
I tried to download Thor 144, 'cause I couldn't get it in print once you told me about it...143 and 145 works fine, but 144 is a blank white blah. Not cool. I wanted ta see some sunzzzz! stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.