Mandrakk vs COIE Anti Monitor vs Carnivean

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
Happy Dance

occultdestroyer
Well, Mandrakk is said to be the greatest threat DCU has ever faced.
My bets on him.

xJLxKing
^^same here. He is the greatest threat

guy222
Have u read about the Carnivean

Endless Mike
Originally posted by guy222
Have u read about the Carnivean

Nope, never heard of it

guy222
I can post a few scans in a bit

He was the first Vampire

Galan has a wonderful Anti Monitor Respect Thread

Galan007
Mandrakk.

shokosugi
COIE AM

Avlon
Mandrakk

psycho gundam
can someone create a dc cosmic/mystical hierarchy?

cloud102
How is Mandrakk more powerful than Carnivean?

Galvaclaw
You got a bio or feats for him?

Philosophía
Mandrakk.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007
Mandrakk. Over the Anti Monitor? Really?

Juntai
Mandrakk.

Galan007
Originally posted by quanchi112
Over the Anti Monitor? Really? Really.

Enyalus
I say stalemating an amped PC Spectre on a neutral site's a better feat than losing to Cosmic Armor Superman on your home turf.

COIE AM for me.

EDIT: Silly me. Mandrakk has 'Eternal power.' So he probably wins.

quanchi112
Really. So, you think that Mandrakk could stand up to coie amped Spectre?

Astner
No one seems to bother with the fact that Mandrakk was brought down by Green Lanterns and Supermen.

Galan007
So, you think that Mandrakk could stand up to coie amped Spectre? Mandrakk killed both Spectre and Radiant, simultaneously. So, yes.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Astner
No one seems to bother with the fact that Mandrakk was brought down by Green Lanterns and Supermen.

Funny

guy222
http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1575374_1d19db8db5431887b7977ef022bdc922.jpg

xJLxKing
http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1575374_1d19db8db5431887b7977ef022bdc922.jpg So how did he lose? What issue?

guy222
Let me dig thru some scans for the number

xJLxKing
If it's troublesome don't !

guy222
I love to help friend

I had the scans on Imagethrust and they went under mad

Looking at my DVD-rs now

quanchi112
Mandrakk killed both Spectre and Radiant, simultaneously. So, yes. I get what you are saying, but he never faced an amped Spectre. That was the most powerful Spectre ever assembled imo.

Galan007
I get what you are saying, but he never faced an amped Spectre. That was the most powerful Spectre ever assembled imo. He still beat the combined forces of God's Vengeance (Spectre), and God's Mercy (Radiant) - with no apparent difficulty. There's really not many (if any) characters throughout DC's history who can make such a claim, save Mandrakk.

imo, he would take this. If you disagree with my opinion, that's fine by me. smile

quanchi112
He still beat the combined forces of God's Vengeance (Spectre), and God's Mercy (Radiant) - with no apparent difficulty. There's really not many (if any) characters throughout DC's history who can make such a claim, save Mandrakk.

imo, he would take this. If you disagree with my opinion, that's fine by me. smile So, then do you view superman with the cosmic armor beating coie Spectre?

Galan007
So, then do you view superman with the cosmic armor beating coie Spectre? CA Superman =/> Mandrakk >> Spectre and Radiant.

Just going by what happened on panel. smile

quanchi112
CA Superman =/> Mandrakk >> Spectre and Radiant.

Just going by what happened on panel. smile Mandrakk didn't beat coie Spectre though. he beat a much weaker spectre.

Galan007
he beat a much weaker spectre. Yeah, Mandrakk only beat this loser:

http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1575575_s1.jpg

srsly

xJLxKing
Image does not work evil face

Galan007
Try it now.smile

quanchi112
Yeah, Mandrakk only beat this loser:

srsly I am not saying that the Spectre wasn't powerful I am saying this Spectre had nowhere near the power of the coie Spectre. smile

xJLxKing
Try it now.smile
thumb up Thank you very much.

guy222
Poor Crispus

Knowsbleed33
CoIE AM.

WhiteWitchKing
Yeah, Mandrakk only beat this loser:

srsly

The combined might of several Supermen and Green Lanterns defeated the same Mandrakk that Radiant and Spectre lost too.

Never heard of Carnivean. But I do put COIE Anti-Monitor over Mandrakk.

guy222
Carnivean tried to usurp the Presence

He's the first Vampire

I guess DC forget they had a Vampire character before

I am uploading the scans again. Damm Imagethrust mad

Knowsbleed33
CoIE AM has the feats the other 2 don't.

kgkg
Originally posted by xJLxKing
So how did he lose? What issue? He lost because he wanted to lose

Thanos style

and Carnivean with God power FTW if he wants to win that is

cloud102
Carnivean.

Galan007
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
The combined might of several Supermen and Green Lanterns defeated the same Mandrakk that Radiant and Spectre lost too. Which is why Mandrakk's 'loss' is PIS the the nth degree imo. Unless you believe the Supermen + GL's > Spectre/Radiant as well. ermm

TricksterPriest
Ahem. MIRACLE MACHINE. eek! Thank you, good night. thankyou

tjcoady
The Miracle Machine, which is so powerful Brainiac freaking 5 is terrified to even look at it, dozens of Green Lanterns, 50 Supermen (some of them with powers infinitely beyond "standard" Supes- like Allen Adams- oh, and one of them is clearly a 5d IMP), and the freaking Judge of All Evil, who, apparently, has "No limit to what he can do." The series makes it excruciatingly clear- Mandrakk was destroyed by the natural defenses of the multiverse which are "beyond anything you can imagine."

If you want to read subtext, Mandrakk was destroyed by the freaking idea of stories- if you took Superman: Beyond literally, it took every story in the history of time to defeat Mandrakk.

Stop saying "Supermen and Green Lanterns." If thats your opinion as to how Final Criss was resolved, you dramatically missed the point of the story; or, to be fair, maybe you just saw scans.

Oh yeah, and the Zoo Crew. THE ZOO CREW, people.

guy222
I read it

Bought a few copies each

tjcoady
I read it

Bought a few copies each

Quick off-topic thing. Noticed your sig, Guy. Is the current Ghost Rider series worth checking out? I keep hearing great things, but Ghost Rider has just never been a character I'm that into.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by tjcoady
The Miracle Machine, which is so powerful Brainiac freaking 5 is terrified to even look at it, dozens of Green Lanterns, 50 Supermen (some of them with powers infinitely beyond "standard" Supes- like Allen Adams- oh, and one of them is clearly a 5d IMP), and the freaking Judge of All Evil, who, apparently, has "No limit to what he can do." The series makes it excruciatingly clear- Mandrakk was destroyed by the natural defenses of the multiverse which are "beyond anything you can imagine."

If you want to read subtext, Mandrakk was destroyed by the freaking idea of stories- if you took Superman: Beyond literally, it took every story in the history of time to defeat Mandrakk.

Stop saying "Supermen and Green Lanterns." If thats your opinion as to how Final Criss was resolved, you dramatically missed the point of the story; or, to be fair, maybe you just saw scans.

Bout time somebody else got it. thumb up

guy222
Quick off-topic thing. Noticed your sig, Guy. Is the current Ghost Rider series worth checking out? I keep hearing great things, but Ghost Rider has just never been a character I'm that into.

Its different. The new writers haven't followed the history regarding Ketch. A new tale. Art is bad. IMO, the series has picked up with the introduction of Zadkiel

tjcoady
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Bout time somebody else got it. thumb up

To be honest, I was originally planning on never posting in a thread involving Cosmic-Armor Conceptual Superman or Mandrakk, just because of how much the "Supermen and Green Lantern" thing bothered me the first time about a dozen threads with Mandrakk popped up right after Superman: Beyond 2.

Mindset
Why don't you like the artwork?

guy222
I've seen better

Javier came back and did the Ketch mini. That was good

Mandrakk's storyline to me could've been better. Just read COIE last week. Seems alot of us don't remember the Carnivean. Good storyline with Linda Danvers(Supergirl)

Enyalus

I was wonder who the Pig Man and the Green Duck were...

Galan007

Stop saying "Supermen and Green Lanterns." If thats your opinion as to how Final Criss was resolved, you dramatically missed the point of the story; or, to be fair, maybe you just saw scans. Excellent. thumb up

Regarding the team (the Supermen in particular), Nix also said:
"A team of solar-powered heroes so awesome it can only be assembled once, against the absolute enemy."

Like you said, if one actually looks at the context behind what transpired, it's pretty clear that an uber chain of events was responsible for overcoming Mandrakk - not just a few lowly GL's/Supermen.

Originally posted by Enyalus
I was wonder who the Pig Man and the Green Duck were... I take it you're not a Captain Carrot reader, eh? stick out tongue

The pig man = Wondrous Warthog, and the green duck = Rubberduck.

Enyalus
I take it you're not a Captain Carrot reader, eh? stick out tongue

The pig man = Wondrous Warthog, and the green duck = Rubberduck.

How was I supposed to know? You don't have a respect thread for them.

Juntai
Originally posted by Enyalus
How was I supposed to know? You don't have a respect thread for them. lol.

Philosophía

Shut up.

Depleted lantern rings > Mandrakk.

WhiteWitchKing
Which is why Mandrakk's 'loss' is PIS the the nth degree imo. Unless you believe the Supermen + GL's > Spectre/Radiant as well. ermm

It's PIS for Mandrakk but not for Spectre and Radiant?

Wait. Which of them are IMP status? The Dr. Manhattan Superman?

You know what, the natural defenses of the multiverse ended up standing about while Supermen and Green Lantern (a handful of the assembled "natural defenses'') killed him.

The Judge of Evil brought a host of the multiverse defenses and that's it. Of all, only a handful killed him. The Judge didn't do a thing to Mandrakk.

Why stop saying that when that's who killed him?

The natural defenses brought the host of Supermen to battle Mandrakk and provided Superman the means of defeating Mandrakk the first time around. Already weakened, Mandrakk beats Radiant and Spectre off panel. Supes uses the MM make his wish for a happy ending (which is vague as #$$%), bringing Nix Uotan who then brought the host of heroes and angels. Nix brought them their. They stood around. Supermen attacked him, GLs staked him. He died and that was it. Jeez. The subtext pointed to the Multiverse winning and will always win as it has defenses in place. That's the subtext. It doesn't change the fact that Mandrakk got stomped by Supermen and GLs. You don't dismiss Spectre and Radiant's loss to Mandrakk but you'll try to say Nix and the Zoo Crew did anything worth damn.

Yeah for Nix pointing out how "awesome" it was to have the Supermen of the multiverse show up, with only half of them doing anything. It's "cool" that they showed up, but half of them didn't "do" a thing. But I guess their awesomeness should dismiss Mandrakk's lame defeat?

That chain being Supes wished from a happy ending. Nix shows up and overdoing it by bringing the Zoo crew and the host of angels when the Supermen he assembled and GL were enough to killed Mandrakk. And I'm not making this up because well that's exactly what happened. Or should I some how excuse his lame defeat because Nix, the Pax Dei, and the Zoo Crew happened to be standing there? WTF? Were they silently TP attacking him during that 2 panel fight? Haha. Come on now, Galan.

COIE Anti-Monitor wins this. Mandrakk was defeated by the defenses of the multiverse throughout Superman Beyond and FC7. Spectre's fight with the AM was beyond the imaginings in creation itself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.