Official off topic/Batman discussion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Badabing
Hey all. If you don't know me, I'm Badabing. I also mod the Comic Book Vs Forum.

Original Smurph
modded*

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Badabing
Hey all. If you don't know me, I'm Badabing. I also mod the Comic Book Vs Forum.

Congrats Bada

Badabing
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Congrats Bada Thanks. I hope this forum gets more activity.

BruceSkywalker
Thanks. I hope this forum gets more activity.

it will, it may take a little bit of time though, but it will

The Nuul
Congrats Bada

Brings out the beer....beer drunk

Wait, I hope this is a good thin... confused

Ridley_Prime
Don't think I've seen you before (haven't gone to Comic VS in awhile), but hi/congrats anyway. stick out tongue

Badabing
it will, it may take a little bit of time though, but it will I'm open for suggestions. I'm trying to get Digi to move a few threads from his area here. Don't know if it will work or help.
Originally posted by The Nuul
Brings out the beer....beer drunk

Wait, I hope this is a good thin... confused Beer's good....except when I was hungover all day Saturday. durink
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Don't think I've seen you before (haven't gone to Comic VS in awhile), but hi/congrats anyway. stick out tongue Hello and thanks.

BruceSkywalker
I'm open for suggestions. I'm trying to get Digi to move a few threads from his area here. Don't know if it will work or help.

you can have digi move my battle for the cowl to here and merge it with the one thats here

Badabing
you can have digi move my battle for the cowl to here and merge it with the one thats here I PMed him for that thread. I hope he agrees.

Paola
Nice place wink... all calm and quiet, (unlike the-soon-to-be-gone hellhole) congrats Bing! thumbs_up

guy222
Bats is a good character

Raoul
Beer's good....except when I was hungover all day Saturday. durink

please. you're always hung over. stick out tongue

BruceSkywalker
The Bat, er BruceSkywalker is here..big grin

Bada, you can also go thru some of the old threads and see which ones you may want to bring back up

Neo Darkhalen
Congrats Bada.

Badabing
Originally posted by Paola
Nice place wink... all calm and quiet, (unlike the-soon-to-be-gone hellhole) congrats Bing! thumbs_up Yes, it's very peaceful here. Thank you. slide
Originally posted by Raoul
please. you're always hung over. stick out tongue Warned for mod bashing. uhuh

stick out tongue

I need to get back into boozing shape so I don't have hangovers anymore. mmm

The Bat, er BruceSkywalker is here..big grin

Bada, you can also go thru some of the old threads and see which ones you may want to bring back up I'll check this evening. Let me know if you find any good threads.
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Congrats Bada. Thanks. cool

BruceSkywalker

I'll check this evening. Let me know if you find any good threads.

I will have a look later tonight and let you know

BruceSkywalker
Found two so far.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f50/t296801.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f50/t296801.html

Badabing
Bruce, you can make another thread here if you like. The Batgirl thread doesn't appear that long.

BruceSkywalker
Bruce, you can make another thread here if you like. The Batgirl thread doesn't appear that long.

OK, I prolly will later tonight, thanks

Badabing
Cool. I'll try to find some scans this weekend.

shiv
Try Harder

Badabing
Wonder what's next? mmm

Ridley_Prime
I wonder too. huh

The Pict
Holy Crap! Just heard about Batman Arkham Asylum today! Game looks incredible!

Badabing
I already reserved a copy. woot

BlackZero30x
I already reserved a copy. woot

I reserved the collectors edition today.....im sooo flippin excited eek!

BlackZero30x
soo you know if you pre-order this game at gamestop you get the arkham asylum comic book....thats where i got mine lol

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
I reserved the collectors edition today.....im sooo flippin excited eek!

i can't wait to buy this...

also if anyone wants any scans from any Batman comics just PM me and will try to find them

BlackZero30x
incase no one knows what the collectors edcomes with check this out....
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/PopBackofbox.aspx?Product_ID=74237

SamZED
People, WHAT HAPPENED to JOKER?? After the whole "Batman death" thing, does anyone know. What's he currently up to??

BlackZero30x
Arkham Asylum is the greatest game in the world!!!

Badabing

Ridley_Prime
Certainly saw that one coming. It's great to see Batman get such treatment, as he's become quite a hit these past few years, dominating both cinema and the gaming scene and all.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Certainly saw that one coming. It's great to see Batman get such treatment, as he's become quite a hit these past few years, dominating both cinema and the gaming scene and all.

You cannot stop a guy in a rubber suit jumping off roof tops big grin

Badabing
This is from Yahoo Answers.

Which Superhero can Batman win in a fight with?
Will a lot of people say that Batman is nothing because he doesn't have any powers.Let's he have a fight with flash.The Flash is too fast.If Batman have a fight with Superman Batman can only slow Superman down even with Robin's help.So what do you think?

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
- Well, your 'definition' of fight is very loose. Batman has managed to defeat Superman before, though with the aid fo Kryptonite and a suit of armor. I'm quite sure that Batman would figure out a way to defeat him though, and Bats has also developed a 'vibrational bullet' which is designed to kill Flash should he ever go rogue. The bullet is capable of being fast enough to strike his neck, making him suffer seizures at the speed of light.

Contrary to what 'others' might claim that Batman is nothing as he has no powers, he is in fact one of the most efficient and tactile combatants of the DCU, and the only member skillful enough to not possess powers and still be in the Justice League. He was able to resist Sinestro's attempt to make him a Yellow Lantern, and was able to single-handedly defeat a group of aliens while trying to save his teammates with Supes calling him 'the most dangerous man on Earth.'

Other Answers
- Despite being told that Batman is a regluar human, he isn't. He might not have any noticeable super powers, but he is still an enhanced human.

He's taken hits that would make pulp out of any other human. He has more skills and abilities than any person could concievably retain in 1 lifetime. He has no long lasting damage to his body, despite fighting criminals most of his life. He requires less sleep than the average person, and can somehow physically hang with super powered people.

His greatest power is the fact that he is a beloved icon. The writer will always make batman come out on top (as will the writer of every other superhero). He's put into situations where it would impossible to win, no matter how well trained he is, and yet he'll win. If a guy can pick up and throw a car, 1 punch would pulverize a person. Batman will face off against superthugs who can wreck people with their bare hands, and he'll match up in a fight. If he tried to block, his arms would break, but the writer would never allow that to happen.

Other Answers
- He has pre-prepared weapons against many heroes and carries kryptonite as a precaution.

Now the only question is 'Does he have access to these weapons before or during the fight?

Other Answers
- Batman can defeat any superhero under the right conditions. Thats the thing about batman he has all those crazy gadgets and tricks up his sleeves.

Kazenji
Did anyone get Batman: Unseen #1?

whats it like because i was thinking of getting it.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji

whats it like because i was thinking of getting it.

i have the issue but i haven't read it yet

Badabing

whats it like because i was thinking of getting it. It's a bit dark. I like the art. Story seems good so far. It's not one of the usual rogues. If you've read Batman: Gotham After Midnight and liked that then you'll probably like Batman: Unseen.

Kazenji
And if i have'nt read Batman: Gotham After Midnight is it still a good read ?

Badabing
And if i have'nt read Batman: Gotham After Midnight is it still a good read ? I liked the first issue. Gotham After Midnight was the best comparison I knew. It's a different take on Batman but good imo.

namorsubby
when is bruce coming back? has their been any recent appearances of his "spirit" or whatever floating around in other times and/or planes?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by namorsubby
when is bruce coming back? has their been any recent appearances of his "spirit" or whatever floating around in other times and/or planes?

there has been nothing at all, but i still believe he will return in Batman # 700

BlackZero30x
there has been nothing at all, but i still believe he will return in Batman # 700

why so sure about that issue...am i missing something?...i most likely am sad

Lord Shadow Z
Just made a new cape for my Batman figurine, the old one looked too Superman. Thought I'd share it here. Happy Dance

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Just made a new cape for my Batman figurine, the old one looked too Superman. Thought I'd share it here. Happy Dance

you are gonna send it to me, right?? stick out tongue

Lord Shadow Z
you are gonna send it to me, right?? stick out tongue

big grin

I couldn't do that, I'd miss it too much.

It was quite lucky because I found it in a charity shop. Its a bit scuffed here and there and it didn't have the cape, so I made a quick one. After I while though I found an old black t-shirt I wasn't wearing and hey presto, better cape.

I have two smaller Batman figurines but my cameras not picking them up too well.

BruceSkywalker
big grin

I couldn't do that, I'd miss it too much.

It was quite lucky because I found it in a charity shop. Its a bit scuffed here and there and it didn't have the cape, so I made a quick one. After I while though I found an old black t-shirt I wasn't wearing and hey presto, better cape.

I have two smaller Batman figurines but my cameras not picking them up too well.

maybe better lighting maybe?

Lord Shadow Z
maybe better lighting maybe?

Here they are

The one on the left I got from an official DC line of figurines that had come with a small factfile on Batman. The one on the right I got from a market stall in a shopping center.

BruceSkywalker
Here they are

The one on the left I got from an official DC line of figurines that had come with a small factfile on Batman. The one on the right I got from a market stall in a shopping center.

those are so way cool

Lord Shadow Z
I read the Batman Forever novelization (by Peter David) a few days ago which was based of the screenplay more than the film. Without going into too much detail there was a bit more background on Nigma and his Bruce Wayne obsession, a bit more on the Graysons, Chase Meridian and Harvey Dent/Two-Face as well. The scenes were differently arranged but I think that most people know the film didn't follow the screenplay. Anyway, I did so it didn't make too much of a difference but being so used to the film it took a while to re-arrange everything in my head.

The dialogue, coupled with the thoughts and feeling of the characters included made a difference actually, gave more of a context to the lesser liked lines, although I didn't mind them. Some speeches and dialogue were different and knowing the film so well it was slightly hard to follow because my mind was playing the film version. Overall, even if some people think the dialogue in the movie was naff I felt it was far slicker than the SP/book and moved the story and action along better. I was a bit miffed it didn't have my favourite quote from the film though.

It's apparent from this that Carrey ad-libbed a lot, with certain comments and actions, but even so a lot of what he did do and say in the movies was in here too. Two-Face felt a bit more reserved and felt more complete with the background I mentioned earlier. Wayne and Dick Grayson are more tortured characters while Chase wasn't as fiery as Nicole Kidman's portrayal. Certain scenes are different, some of which add to the character or situations depending on how you see it, but I feel some would not have worked well for the movie.

In terms of the writing it was very expressive, a bit stilted at first but that's always the way when reading movie-based books but I do recommend checking it out.

batman

-Pr-
Anyone know what comic this is from?

http://i.imgur.com/Op7d8.jpg

-Pr-
Found it.

teltacwor
Batman is a very good character and it is looks like real hero and all equipments are real. IT is used according to the situations.

FistOfThe North
Hm. I was thinking...

I think Batman punishes himself by going through what he goes though.

He takes his anger and guilt out on criminals but it almost seems like he might kinda see himself get beaten up when he beats up the criminals, as if he's vicariously beating up himself. Sort of some kinda mental punishment for letting the only people that mattered in his life, for letting them die because of you. But in the name of justice.

Like I think he hates himself maybe..

I don't think I can explain it really well but I know how I feel.

Entity
I came across this and loved it. One of the tat guys I asked about it said it would incredibly increase the quality of the finished product if I could find the original source of the image. Assuming its a comic. erm

http://i41.tinypic.com/2vbkbv9.jpg

Anyone have any knowledge of the origin of this artwork? If by chance it is an actual comic panel and not just an individual's personalized stencil.

-Pr-
http://www.comicvine.com/articles/david-finchs-batman-step-by-step/1100-140646/

Entity
Originally posted by -Pr-
http://www.comicvine.com/articles/david-finchs-batman-step-by-step/1100-140646/ AWESOME! Thanks Pr that could help tremendously! big grin

Really wanna do it but I gotta debate the cost. I was told its gonna probably be between 4 - 5 sessions. They do 4 hour all you can take sessions at $200 each.

Damn its the coolest tat I've ever seen though and would be great to go with my Stan Lee autograph tat I got last month during Nashville Comic con.

Entity
Got the line work done Saturday! Really excited about going back for the shading after it's healed. big grin

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=597666799914&set=vb.113300370&type=2&theater

-Pr-
Link doesn't work for me, sadly.

Glad it's working out for you, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.