Here's the deal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire
I will reopen the 1 million post thread in a little while. If I see anymore people spamming and trolling though, it will get closed for good.

Neo Darkhalen
Can't say fairer then that.

punkkaveman
fair to me

RogerRamjet
Originally posted by BackFire
I will reopen the 1 million post thread in a little while. If I see anymore people spamming and trolling though, it will get closed for good.

define trolling and spamming! they/we do it in each and every thread and yet you don't close them down NOT even the obvious threads/post that are aimed at certain members here and where devil are you then?? you are nowhere to be found, NONE of you

StanTheMan
I've seen so many threads, maybe all of them in the OTF that have constant trolling, that's what the OTF is, a trollfest most of the time, why suddenly get all aggravated about it now? and start striking childish deals?

BackFire
If a mod tells you to stop doing something, stop doing it. That's usually a pretty reasonable way to make sure trolling doesn't occur.

And just because we are unable to close every single questionable thread doesn't mean breaking the rules becomes acceptable. Were are finite and sometimes things pass through, unfortunately. The rules still apply and if we see them being broken they will be enforced.

mitchum
blah bah blah ba blah

Neo Darkhalen
Like I said (and I'm not sure if this applies for everyone) but I think most people generally just posted 4 **** and not actual words of the strong nature.

Peach
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Like I said (and I'm not sure if this applies for everyone) but I think most people generally just posted 4 **** and not actual words of the strong nature.

I highly, highly doubt that. There might be a few people who do it just for the purpose of making people guess at what they actually said, but the majority of posts like that are indeed people posting stuff that's censored.

Röland
Backfire said he was going to reopen it so I think everyone just needs to calm down and take complaints to PM.

~:Mr.Anderson:~
so now if i say "****ity **** **** ****ing **** shit **** damn ***** shitnick skank ho cheesedick," etc. I get banned even if they are censored?

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Peach
I highly, highly doubt that. There might be a few people who do it just for the purpose of making people guess at what they actually said, but the majority of posts like that are indeed people posting stuff that's censored.

Fair enough, that's just the point I wanted to ask about.

Peach

BackFire
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
so now if i say "****ity **** **** ****ing **** shit **** damn ***** shitnick skank ho cheesedick," etc. I get banned even if they are censored?

If you do it for the sake of actively disobeying a mod, yes. Which is what was happening in that thread.

lol why did the mod take offense to such when her very username should be censored?

Mairuzu
I highly, highly doubt that. There might be a few people who do it just for the purpose of making people guess at what they actually said, but the majority of posts like that are indeed people posting stuff that's censored. blank you

StanTheMan
alot of the OTF is full of spamming, trolling and swearing, most people just accepted it as the norm here, things can slip through because you're finite and all that but this place was full of it and it seemed the rule had been lifted at least in this part of the site, since it had been going on for so long

Originally posted by Mairuzu
blank you

*looks at mairuzu*

*looks at peach*

*eyes peach*

*oggles peach*

I believe i will, thank you.

Peach
Originally posted by StanTheMan
alot of the OTF is full of spamming, trolling and swearing, most people just accepted it as the norm here, things can slip through because you're finite and all that but this place was full of it and it seemed the rule had been lifted at least in this part of the site, since it had been going on for so long

Wrong. All KMC rules still apply in the OTF. That means spam isn't allowed, trolling isn't allowed, flaming isn't allowed, ignoring a mod when they tell you to not do something isn't allowed. You still have to follow the rules, and you're still going to pay if you break them.

It's called the Off-Topic Forum because stuff that doesn't fit elsewhere is generally allowable here. That's it. It doesn't mean you can go off swearing at people or trolling others or anything.

Captain REX
I'm thinking that some of you are taking the wrong approach to this.

its kind of like having a corrupt cop you've paid to look the other way arrest you suddenly.

BackFire
its kind of like having a corrupt cop you've paid to look the other way arrest you suddenly.

No one has paid me.

AAAHHHH that's the problem.

Captain REX

No, it really isn't. At all. Not even close.

Peach

No, it's more like a problem was brought to our attention and people couldn't handle being told to stop.

StanTheMan
Wrong. All KMC rules still apply in the OTF. That means spam isn't allowed, trolling isn't allowed, flaming isn't allowed, ignoring a mod when they tell you to not do something isn't allowed. You still have to follow the rules, and you're still going to pay if you break them.

It's called the Off-Topic Forum because stuff that doesn't fit elsewhere is generally allowable here. That's it. It doesn't mean you can go off swearing at people or trolling others or anything.

Then WHY 99% of the time is it let go? Even if those rules still apply to the OTF, people swear and troll so often here it really feels like the norm

Dyno
the OTF is spam!!! how can you decide what's spam and isn't spam...

isn't all spam off topic?

Captain REX
The argument that 'it happens everywhere else!' isn't exactly helping, you know. That just tells us that maybe we should just close 99% of the threads in the OTF. Care to list the ones that need to be closed, everyone? I'll hunt them down and close them all. I'm not even joking.

lil bitchiness
Then WHY 99% of the time is it let go? Even if those rules still apply to the OTF, people swear and troll so often here it really feels like the norm

We cannot follow it non stop and we cannot just mod OTF. We rely mostly on members to report it to us, and we deal with it.

People know the rules, or they should. If they chose to not report and join in the trolling, then once we do see it there will be consequences.

Peach

That's the thing though - it's not just let go. When it's brought to our attention, or we catch it, it's taken care of.

Originally posted by Dyno

No, the OTF is not spam.

Mairuzu
weed

Dyno
That's the thing though - it's not just let go. When it's brought to our attention, or we catch it, it's taken care of.

No, the OTF is not spam.

sure thing peach...haha

StanTheMan
Originally posted by Captain REX
The argument that 'it happens everywhere else!' isn't exactly helping, you know. That just tells us that maybe we should just close 99% of the threads in the OTF. Care to list the ones that need to be closed, everyone? I'll hunt them down and close them all. I'm not even joking.

Well if you view it like that then maybe it shows that certain mods are getting a little too excited about locking threads and should maybe take a step back and think for themselves? OTF lives off trolling and the spam around it, that's what it is, it just makes no sense that all of this is happening now

And I understand that if it affects someone, then yes mods should deal with that and I agree with that, but the whole thing that set it off, washy and rog swearing at eachother, was affecting no one as people are swearing constantly in that thread at least

Mairuzu
weed

Basic logic lesson:

Syllogism:
Major premise: All spam is off topic
Minor premise: There is an off topic forum
Conclusion: That forum must have spam in it.

INVALID. Why? The mod said so.

Mairuzu
WEED

Peach
sure thing peach...haha

Considering that spam is off-topic advertising or repeatedly posting over and over with no purpose...no. The forum's not spam. The 1 million post thread basically is nothing but spam, though.

Also, most people seem to have the idea that "they disagreed with me" is trolling which...isn't true.

Captain REX
Well if you view it like that then maybe it shows that certain mods are getting a little too excited about locking threads and should maybe take a step back and think for themselves? OTF lives off trolling and the spam around it, that's what it is, it just makes no sense that all of this is happening now

And I understand that if it affects someone, then yes mods should deal with that and I agree with that, but the whole thing that set it off, washy and rog swearing at eachother, was affecting no one as people are swearing constantly in that thread at least

Then you have interpreted the OTF incorrectly. The OTF is just where the average discussion about nothing in particular goes, not where all the flaming and spamming is allowed to thrive.

You undermine yourself with the 'people are swearing constantly in that thread.' That is what needs to be stopped and prevented from occurring.

But no, it does not show that we are trigger-happy. It shows that maybe we need to be more strict with the OTF since apparently all the threads are full of cursing and bashing, if the comments in this and other threads are to be believed.

lord xyz
Then WHY 99% of the time is it let go? Even if those rules still apply to the OTF, people swear and troll so often here it really feels like the norm Not directly at the mods.

Really, flaming a mod is stupid. Even though, the actual post is simply ignoring warnings, and misunderstanding the situation...which made no ****ing sense, you can't say stuff like this happens all the time, because it hasn't.

StanTheMan
Considering that spam is off-topic advertising or repeatedly posting over and over with no purpose...no. The forum's not spam. The 1 million post thread basically is nothing but spam, though.

Also, most people seem to have the idea that "they disagreed with me" is trolling which...isn't true.

I viewed it kind of like a diary, people just posted their lifestories in it, some people read it and responded and so on, it wasn't really doing much harm just sitting there

Mairuzu

Also, most people seem to have the idea that "they disagreed with me" is trolling which...isn't true. Everyone talks together in the thread, why do you want to ruin our fun?

Peach

The OTF does not live off of trolling and spam, and I can't believe anyone would be so foolish as to claim that. There really is only one 'spam' thread in the forum - and the OTF lived for a good long time before that was created.

Basic logic lesson:

Syllogism:

Your 'conclusion' is wrong, because the OTF is still bound to KMC forum rules.

Captain REX
Basic logic lesson:

Syllogism:

Invalid because you are wrong, more likely.

Spam is off-topic, yes. But it is not the same as off-topic discussion. The latter is people interacting. The former is people screwing around to boost post count and/or advertising.

Mairuzu
its like elementary all over again

StanTheMan
Originally posted by lord xyz
Not directly at the mods.

Really, flaming a mod is stupid. Even though, the actual post is simply ignoring warnings, and misunderstanding the situation...which made no ****ing sense, you can't say stuff like this happens all the time, because it hasn't.

I'm not talking about the trolling to the mods though, or anyone for that matter, if it's directed at someone with hostile intent then yeah whatever action should be taken, but that doesn't usually happen, I mean Washy wasn't hostile at all, if anyone knows him on this forum, and most do, it'd be a surprise to think Washy was being hostile

BackFire
It is.

People act like children, they get treated as such.

Mairuzu
Principal backfire over here

BackFire
Key difference. My principal never raped children.

Or women for that matter.

Mairuzu
Thats getting old now.

StanTheMan
The OTF does not live off of trolling and spam, and I can't believe anyone would be so foolish as to claim that. There really is only one 'spam' thread in the forum - and the OTF lived for a good long time before that was created.

Well that 'spam' thread was still there, and was a big part of the OTF, I don't know about every other thread being squeaky in the OTF but I guess everyone interprets things differently

BackFire
Thats getting old now.

Not for me it's not.

mitchum
All this because Walshy got banned? Who the **** gives a shit about Walshy? No one, that's who.

Mairuzu
I dont know why it wasnt a perma ban

Strangelove
Thats getting old now. spoilsport

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Strangelove
spoilsport homosexual 131

Dyno
Basic logic lesson:

Syllogism:

hahaha. love u big grin

Strangelove
homosexual 131 got me there haermm

And you're cute no expression

Captain REX
This thread has served its purpose to warn what will happen if things continue go unchanged in the 1mil thread. If you have any further questions or complaints, PM the mods.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.