avp3 ideas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthmaul1

MildPossession
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f88/t491830.html

steverules_2
So many duplicate threads these days

Kazenji
I've got an idea for AVP 3.....don't do it

Start at the start again and get a decent director attached.

Placidity
Wow, the Great Wall of Text. Try using paragraphs next time please...

jaden101
I've never understood this desire to bring the Alien franchise into this time period. Alien, Aliens etc were set in the future. They work best in that time period AS THE BAD GUYS

As soon as AvP comes along you don't give a shit about the humans...infact you want them to get slaughtered because the Aliens and the Predators become the good guys.

Aliens was the peak because you actually cared about Ripley, Hudson, Hicks, Vasquez...even Gorman...I can't even name any of the people from AvP2 and i only watched it a week ago.

darthmaul1
Most people now are going to see the Aliens and Predator movies for the aliens and predators, not the actors who are in them. I did enjoy the first AVP the story was ok and I liked how they brought the weyland company into it. the 2nd had the gore going for it and at the end the yutani company, but they just need to bridge the gap between avp and alien and end it.
I totally agree with you that we don't care about any of the human characters anymore. when hudson, vasqueze and gorman died you felt bad and James Cameron said himself that he spent all that time building ripleys, newt ,hicks, and bishops characters and then in alien 3 they all die but one. they should start over with the alien franchies from aliens. have ripley wake up and say what a terrible dream.

MildPossession
That terrible dream bit would just absolutely suck. stick out tongue

Placidity
Originally posted by jaden101
I've never understood this desire to bring the Alien franchise into this time period. Alien, Aliens etc were set in the future. They work best in that time period AS THE BAD GUYS

As soon as AvP comes along you don't give a shit about the humans...infact you want them to get slaughtered because the Aliens and the Predators become the good guys.

Aliens was the peak because you actually cared about Ripley, Hudson, Hicks, Vasquez...even Gorman...I can't even name any of the people from AvP2 and i only watched it a week ago.

Agree with many points.

AvP2 is the worse idea ever. Contrary to what most people think, I found AvP1 somewhat acceptable.

A very big flaw of AvPR, was that it was set in urban and open environments. Aliens need to be in claustrophobic settings to have its full effect.

Also, if they set it in the future, the Space Marines could actually represent some human badassery who can put up a fight.

Koenig
The AvP films should never had been made in the first place!

CadoAngelus
They didn't include Weyland-Yutani much in the 2 AVP films though, which was disappointing. I mean, fair enough that the director has say over how the film turns out, and they did say that they were only loosly basing the films on the games (story wise, not particularly, otherwise the film would have been based not look after Aliens).

But Weyland-Yutani was the reason humans were involved in the WHOLE game franchise. Though i did like the two films, it's annoying that the two films were based on earth, using the two Predator films as an excuse.

They've missed a trick, if they'd made the two AVP films in the far future in space and on LV-1201, that might of made fans of the origin game franchise happy...

jaden101
Originally posted by Placidity
Agree with many points.

AvP2 is the worse idea ever. Contrary to what most people think, I found AvP1 somewhat acceptable.

A very big flaw of AvPR, was that it was set in urban and open environments. Aliens need to be in claustrophobic settings to have its full effect.

Also, if they set it in the future, the Space Marines could actually represent some human badassery who can put up a fight.

Not to mention one thing which gave Aliens such gripping tension. The motion detectors.

coolmovies
the whole Alien serias is a big mess becouse of AVP 1+2. They should have stopped at Aliens .

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by coolmovies
the whole Alien serias is a big mess becouse of AVP 1+2. They should have stopped at Aliens .

Although they probably weren't meant to, they do clear up one thing. How Weylands' company knew about the xenomorphs...

darthmaul1

Kazenji
Originally posted by Koenig
The AvP films should never had been made in the first place!

I disagree

They should've its just that they went about it the wrong way translating the idea from the comics to Movies and of course in the process manage to **** it up.

CadoAngelus
AVP3 Idea: Aliens kill people...the end!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.