The clone wars republic vs old republic, sith empire and Infinite Empire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
Who wins in this epic war?

Elite Hunter
Are we talking about Revan's sith empire or Malak's sith empire?

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Are we talking about Revan's sith empire or Malak's sith empire?

Malak's

And guys don't forget that the CW Republic's enemies are several thousands years behind them in tech.

mattatom
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall

The team since Malak has the Star Forge thats all they need.

Hewhoknowsall
Malak's

And guys don't forget that the CW Republic's enemies are several thousands years behind them in tech.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by mattatom
The team since Malak has the Star Forge thats all they need.

Not really, just because he could in theory produce an infinite fleet of ships, doesn't mean has the crew to operate them. The star forge doesn't gaurantee a victory for the team.

Darth Truculent
Elite is right - there is no certainty in war.

Lord Lucien
The Old Republic before the Ruusan Reformation spanned like 24,000 years. Which era are these in? I assume KotOR.

The Infinite Empire is virtually unknown in terms of technology. All we have on them is the Star Forge, the Ancient Temple, and that Mind Prison. We've got nothing in the way of ships.

Malak's Sith would lose to the GAR. I also assume that this is the GAR circa RotS? With the RoTS Jedi to combat the Dark Jedi and Sith acolytes? If that is the case, I'd give it to the GAR.

On second thought, depending on the era, do the Old Republic get the Jedi of their time too? Or is this a straight non-Force contest sans Malak's men?

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
The Old Republic before the Ruusan Reformation spanned like 24,000 years. Which era are these in? I assume KotOR.

The Infinite Empire is virtually unknown in terms of technology. All we have on them is the Star Forge, the Ancient Temple, and that Mind Prison. We've got nothing in the way of ships.

Malak's Sith would lose to the GAR. I also assume that this is the GAR circa RotS? With the RoTS Jedi to combat the Dark Jedi and Sith acolytes? If that is the case, I'd give it to the GAR.

On second thought, depending on the era, do the Old Republic get the Jedi of their time too? Or is this a straight non-Force contest sans Malak's men?

Well, logically an empire 30,000+ years ago wouldn't be as advanced; in that long we went from sticks and stones to jets and tanks. And I heard in Wookipedia (which is actually pretty reliable) that the Infinite Empire only spanned 500 worlds (albeit stretched out across the galaxy) due to their limited hyperspace tech. And besides, if they were to get invaded/invade the Republic, there's a big chance that some of the slaves would see this as a weak point and take the opportunity to rebel, thus making the empire fight on two fronts.

All force users at the time are allowed, but this is Malak's sith empire so no Nihilus or anything.

Elite Hunter
And besides, if they were to get invaded/invade the Republic, there's a big chance that some of the slaves would see this as a weak point and take the opportunity to rebel, thus making the empire fight on two fronts.

There was no republic yet.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
There was no republic yet.

Are you serious?

One of the threads you started was Anakin Solo vs Anakin Skywalker. Why did you make that? Surely you know that the two never lived at the same time!

Elite Hunter
Are you serious?

I should be asking you that question.

Here your clearly talking about the Rakatan empire spanning 500 years and describing their technology, and their influence on the galaxy(controlling 500 worlds) . Next you say if they (the rakatans) were invade the republic there's a chance that the slaves would rebel. And I responded by saying there was no republic yet. If you were referring to the PT republic then you should have said so.

Stalker.....

Hewhoknowsall
When I said Republic, I mean PT Republic. Sorry for the confusion, but I think that it's a bit obvious: the old republic and the infinite empire are on the same side, so the only real other possibility that I'm talking about is the clone wars republic which is the enemy (to them).

I think that the CW republic wins. Their tech is just way too more advanced, and clones > all.

Janus Marius
That's a kind of inapplicable logic though. It assumes that technology has no cap, and must progress at a rapid rate we enjoy here in the modern era. Obviously, certain tech cannot advance beyond a certain point. Hyperdrives, for example, seem virtually untouched in the thousands of years between eras. Lightsabers seem identical (Although there's some artistic differences due to the comics' creators taking some serious liberties), and even the Wookiepedia articles on ship weapons indicates only changes were in size and (mostly) numbers.

Now, the Leviathan is vastly outgunned by any medium or heavy ship in the Republic Navy, so this cannot go in their favor. Numbers are more difficult to assume. The GAR was woefully small. Their numbers weren't even realistic enough to tackle the war they did wage, although it did get better thanks to conscription. Since there's no clear numbers on the side of Malak's army, it's difficult to substantiate what they can do. However, they did have numbers sufficient enough to secure certain worlds and garrison strategic bases.

I'd love to evaluate it further, but I'm being pestered. More on this hopefully later.

Borbarad

Erm.
Let me get this straight. This is the Old Republic as seen in KotoR, correct? So the same Republic that has already lost a great deal of the Jedi in the specific time (either through assassination or conversion to the Dark Side). They had 1/3 of their military joining the command of Revan (which means joining the Sith Empire we have here). So, technically: Old Republic + Sith Empire = Troops the Old Republic had before the Mandalorian Wars - whatever Revan lost there + some new recruits.

Then we add the Infinite Empire, which dominated space from one central planet and was, essentially, defeated by a single force user (Adas) and his people rebelling against them.

Now...how exactly are those three armies going to defeat the CW Republic? Let me just point it out for you. The CW Republic features:

- 3 Million "Units" of Clones, when we don't even know what the term "units" does refer to. If those are single soldiers, we have to assume that either those Jedi are quite better combatants than most people here think, or we have to assume that those Clones are uber-soldiers.

- 10,000 Jedi with Knight level and above (with several thousand additional padawans - that might be as skilled as Asohka).

- some of the most powerful force users and most skilled duellists the Galaxy has ever seen.

And they are up against two teams that are weakened by previous wars / conflicts (Old Republic / Sith Empire), didn't - most likely - have the resources of the CW Republic to start with and an "Empire" that spanned roughly 200 planets. That with a Republic that has millions of member systems and historical knowledge about all enemies (which makes tactics by Revan more predictable for example). I really don't think that they have much of a chance against the CW Republic.

Lightsnake
Originally posted by Borbarad
Erm.
Let me get this straight. This is the Old Republic as seen in KotoR, correct? So the same Republic that has already lost a great deal of the Jedi in the specific time (either through assassination or conversion to the Dark Side). They had 1/3 of their military joining the command of Revan (which means joining the Sith Empire we have here). So, technically: Old Republic + Sith Empire = Troops the Old Republic had before the Mandalorian Wars - whatever Revan lost there + some new recruits.

Then we add the Infinite Empire, which dominated space from one central planet and was, essentially, defeated by a single force user (Adas) and his people rebelling against them.
While you're right here, this is about as saying the loss at Salamis was the defeat of the Persian Empire. The Infinite Empire collapsed from many factors.

Yeah, the left side Clear winners.

Borbarad
Originally posted by Lightsnake
While you're right here, this is about as saying the loss at Salamis was the defeat of the Persian Empire. The Infinite Empire collapsed from many factors.

Well. I think you got me wrong there. My main concern was, that a - relatively - primitive planet with one, probably exceptional, force user leading it's population, was capable of driving the Infinite Empire off. The CW Republic features millions of worlds and most of that have entire modern armies to content with possible invaders. Even Naboo as a "peaceful planet" hat a security force numbering in the hundreds (or even thousands) and starfighters to defend themselves.

Lightsnake
While they drove off the Rakata, that really shouldn't be held as a good measuring stick to the Infinite Empire's capabilities. It's doubtful they would have expended a great amount of power or resource to Korriban to quell a revolt and relatively 'primitive' groups have given trouble to much more powerful forces in Star Wars and real life.

There's a point where a big empire, probably in stages of decline from internal strife with its leadership and rampant plague really knows when to cut its losses.

Hewhoknowsall
@Janus Marius:

Wookipedia (which is actually pretty reliable) says that the infinite empire only spanned about 500 worlds DUE TO THEIR LIMITED HYPERSPACE TECH. Also, it says that the GAR was one of the largest armies ever assembled.

Janus Marius
Nai, I seemed to be under the impression that the Sith managed to surprise the Ratakan oppressors who came to their planet and killed their leader or something. I'd have to look it up again.

I've played both KotOR games many times; I don't remember this last aspect at all. Given the idea of Star Maps, I was always under the impression that no one had properly mapped the galaxy back then, so it wasn't like they were constantly hyperspace jumping into Direction X hoping to find something nice. You'll notice in GAotS comics, mapping is still going on, for example. The Clone Wars-era Republic is a culmination of thousands of years of mapping, so obviously they will have more member worlds regardless of the differences in tech.

So unless you can both substantiate the real limitations of the earlier empires using a source material (Which is ALWAYS reliable), I don't see this being a point worth arguing. And besides, the other empires backing them have plenty of updated maps and hyperdrive systems.

But where is this coming from? Clearly, there's no clear answer to the number of GAR troops, only the numbers given in AotC which mention millions of Clone Troopers.

Also, most of the surrounding EU describes land battles as being difficult for the Clone Troopers and their support, whereas most of the major battles are won in space (See RotS). So I'm not really seeing the aspect of the GAR being the biggest army ever created in SW history. More militant eras have existed before that had more prep time; the last great "battle" was a thousand years before the events of the PT; how can we expect full mobilization of even a fraction of a peaceful interstellar organization in little less than three years?

Eminence
Well, they'd been setting up since TPM.

Janus Marius
The Clones, you mean. There was no standing army as of AotC. In fact, the whole gambit behind the Clone Army was that the Republic would move to use them, having no real ground troops of their own.

Lord Lucien
@Janus Marius:

Wookipedia (which is actually pretty reliable) says that the infinite empire only spanned about 500 worlds DUE TO THEIR LIMITED HYPERSPACE TECH. Also, it says that the GAR was one of the largest armies ever assembled. I read that the IE only spanned 500 worlds not due to poor technology (it was brilliant) but because their method of discovering new worlds was based around their ability to collectively detect mass amounts of life on a planet. Circa 50-30,000 BBY, the galaxy wasn't as populated, hence the relatively small amount of planets with enough life to detect.

Borbarad
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Nai, I seemed to be under the impression that the Sith managed to surprise the Ratakan oppressors who came to their planet and killed their leader or something. I'd have to look it up again.

Well. Partitially, Lightsnake is correct here. The Infinite Empire was already in decline, due to the Star Forge, which manipulated them and the plague which made them lose their force connection. However. At it's hight the Empire consisted of 10 billion Rakata and 1 trillion of slaves on the other worlds of the Empire. Coruscant in the CW era alone has 1 trillion citizens. So it's rather save to assume that the CW Republic simply dwarves all opponents participating in this very setup. And yes: They also outclass them on a sheer technical and military level.

The point with the Rakatan technology was, that one needed to be a force user to use it. They didn't have Nav-Computers to navigate through space, they used established routes. Even in times of the TOTJ comics (see the story of Nomi Sunrider), hyperdrive homing beacons were rather common (meaning that Nav-Computers were not the standard then).

This would give the CW Republic additional advantages here, as they could cross distances faster and also more savely than their opponents.

Well. See above. We're actually talking about a time that is roughly 50 years after the TOTJ comics. And while technology might have advanced, one should also think about what they have accomplished so far. They started to explore their Galaxy roughly 1000 years before that. Yet if you have a look at a map of the Galaxy (and even have a look at the map in KotoR itself), you would notice that most of the action is happening:

a) at the core regions
b) along well established hyperspace routes

So I'm not to confident that any of the Old Republic / Sith Empire / Infinite Empire maps are anywhere close to the details the Navigation Computers would offer to the CW Republic.

First off: The fact that the GAR has been labelled the "greatest fighting force" that ever existed in times of the Republic, pretty much means that they outnumber the Old Republic and the Sith Empire together. Add 10,000 Jedi Knights on that and a rather large fleet and think about the above mentioned advantages the CW Republic has. I really don't think that they will lose that fight...

And what do you mean with "more militant eras" exactly?

Hewhoknowsall
@Nai, to be honest greatest =/= largest

And yes, GAR wins. In PoD, a sith lord (too lazy to find name, since I read it a while ago, but it was Quordis or something) encountered a squad of the republics MOST ELITE soldiers that they could muster. After the fight, Quordis said that they were really good, so good that one even got in 2 shots before he killed them all. When Yoda fights battle droids (who aren't nearly as skilled as the upper elite soldiers), they manage to get in way more than 1 shot at him. This means:

a) Quordis >>>> Yoda (unlikely, he got beaten easily by Bane)
b) Old republic era soldiers weren't that well trained (unlikely, and that would work in GAR's favor so it would help them anyway)
c) The blasters weren't as advanced/high rate of fire (likely, given the 2000 year time gap)J
d) other

Eminence
The Sith you're thinking of is Kopecz, who was badass.

Your logic there still fails, though.

Gideon
Lightsnake was supposed to fill you in on this, but since he's been lax in his duties. Take from this what you will:

1.) The official (though implausible and unbelievably stupid) figure for the Grand Army of the Republic is "three million at the height of the conflict" with "another five hundred thousand" from the Special Combat brigade, according to the Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia. It also mentions that over half of the GAR was killed by the time of Palpatine's abduction, but they "had destroyed billions of battle droids."

2.) The depleted GAR/Imperial Army a month after RotS (RoDV) is referred to by Jedi Knight Roan Shryne as "one of the largest armies ever created."

3.) The Infinite Empire stretched from (can't remember the name of planet) to (other planet whose name eludes me), "but consisted of very few planets in total" according to the New Essential Chronology.

4.) The Complete Visual Dictionary says that the number of the Jedi "dwindled" to 10,000 circa TPM. Since Lucas refers to this as the prime of the Jedi and at the door of the Separatist Crisis and then the Palpatine epoch, one can only assume that it doesn't refer to numbers or "peace", but rather quality of combatants. And given that Yoda, Dooku, Mace, Qui Gon, Anoon Bondara, Cin Drallig, and Masters Tiin, Fisto, and Kolar functioned at this point (many lightsaber prodigies), it suggests that this is the case.

If I had my sources on hand, I'd give you the specific quotes. I'll try to get them all tomorrow.

Not here to argue, just to inform.

Lord Lucien
I just read PoD for the first time, and they refer to units in that as consisting of a large number of soldiers. Here's hoping for the retcon on Lama Su's choice of words.

Eminence
Mace Windu in Shatterpoint makes it very clear that "units" refer to individual soldiers.

Sorry.

Lord Lucien
Hence my hope for a retcon. And my hope that Mace's referral is chalked to his own opinion, not Lama Su's.

Janus Marius
I don't know how Mace, as an established General in the new Republic army, would be confused about the makeup of units. That would be a horrible blunder on someone's part. Now obviously certain military "units" can consist of more than one person, that's understandable. But Lama Su, last I checked, was referring to individual clones, not units of war. They had no organization on Kamino. So there's a possibility PoD was either off-base, or taking liberties with words in an attempt to bring to sense to one of GL's many silly mistakes.

Lord Lucien
PoD did make mention of Vaapad as a lightsaber form. Meh. I'm reaching for something that could present itself as an excuse for the 3 million unit f/uck up.

Janus Marius
Well, SW fans accept that the Death Star contains enough power to blow up Alderaan despite that requiring more power than a handful of stars, and we accept Vader losing his potential power despite being maimed similarly to Luke Skywalker, and we accepted midi-chlorians, and the fight between Ian and Sammy, and we accepted that horrible revision in Return of the Jedi with the singing... thing well...

We'll learn to live with anything. Just try to avoid it, like we avoid all the above.

Lord Lucien
I didn't mind the singing. And I can easily wave aside the techno mumbo jumble behind the science and psycho-drama in Vader's head. But 3 million soldiers for a galactic war? Ka-mon. KA-MON!

Janus Marius
You ask too much.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Eminence
The Sith you're thinking of is Kopecz, who was badass.

Your logic there still fails, though.

Elaborate.

Lord Lucien
Your logic sucks. As does your example of Kopecz fighting the soldiers. It was down a hallway and they were sentient humans fighting a Dark Lord. Now I know subtle changes in environment is a factor beyond your understanding, but do try:

Did you consider a different make of blaster? Did you consider a human psyche is different facing a Dark Lord than a droid brain is facing a Jedi Master? Did you consider that such a inane, small, and subjective example is hardly conducive of a concrete argument?

Did you stop to look at what you typed. Your "Qordis>>>>Yoda" makes no sense. Your "Old Republic soldiers weren't as well trained" is foundless. Your "other" only signifies that you lack proper evidence to defend your "argument."

You're bad at this game.

Hewhoknowsall
Your logic sucks. As does your example of Kopecz fighting the soldiers. It was down a hallway and they were sentient humans fighting a Dark Lord. Now I know subtle changes in environment is a factor beyond your understanding, but do try:

Did you consider a different make of blaster? Did you consider a human psyche is different facing a Dark Lord than a droid brain is facing a Jedi Master? Did you consider that such a inane, small, and subjective example is hardly conducive of a concrete argument?

Did you stop to look at what you typed. Your "Qordis>>>>Yoda" makes no sense. Your "Old Republic soldiers weren't as well trained" is foundless. Your "other" only signifies that you lack proper evidence to defend your "argument."

You're bad at this game.

My point is that Kopez thought it impressive that one of the soldiers managed by fire off 2 shots before he killed them all. Battle droids (and we all know how pathetic they are) get in WAY more than 1 shot at YODA. And battle droids are droids, so they technically shouldn't have any physiological impact. And this is also true when clone troopers were facing Yoda. I said that Qordis (I thought it was him, my bad) >>>> Yoda is UNlikely, same thing with the training thing. Just take a more careful look at it before insulting me:

And yes, GAR wins. In PoD, a sith lord (too lazy to find name, since I read it a while ago, but it was Quordis or something) encountered a squad of the republics MOST ELITE soldiers that they could muster. After the fight, Quordis said that they were really good, so good that one even got in 2 shots before he killed them all. When Yoda fights battle droids (who aren't nearly as skilled as the upper elite soldiers), they manage to get in way more than 1 shot at him. This means:

b) Old republic era soldiers weren't that well trained (unlikely, and that would work in GAR's favor so it would help them anyway)
c) The blasters weren't as advanced/high rate of fire (likely, given the 2000 year time gap)J
d) other

And Lucien, are you suggesting that the team wins? Then please explain instead of claiming that the other side makes stupid arguments, because at least I'm giving one.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Hewhoknowslittle
My point is that Kopez thought it impressive that one of the soldiers managed by fire off 2 shots before he killed them all. Battle droids (and we all know how pathetic they are) get in WAY more than 1 shot at YODA. And battle droids are droids, so they technically shouldn't have any physiological impact. And this is also true when clone troopers were facing Yoda. I said that Qordis (I thought it was him, my bad) >>>> Yoda is UNlikely, same thing with the training thing. Just take a more careful look at it before insulting me:

Here's the thing: you've made several assumptions that are not (and cannot possibly be) true.
Lemme rewrite this into logik form:
Given: Quordis is impressed by two shots being fired before he wins.
Given: Yoda allows far more than two shots to be fired before he wins.
Conclusion: Quordis > Yoda.

You've ignored several factors (deliberately or otherwise, it does not matter as I am operating on the assumption *bait*bait*bait* that you mean well).
Problem 1: Weaponry is not equal between the two eras. Droids' reaction time, ammo capacity and firing rate should all be higher than the troops Quordis fought.

This alone destroys the validity of your ABC but lets continue, shall we?

Problem 2: The troops Quordis fought were all mortal- they were not GE Mandalorian clones or soulless machines. As such, Quordis' opponents were all vulnerable to emotions and error while Yoda's were not- Yoda is again at a disadvantage.

If we again rephrase your logic, here's what we find:
Given: A does exceptionally well against C.
Conclusion: A >> C
Given: B does moderately well against D.
Conclusion: B > D.
Given: Conclusion 1 & 2
A >> C
B > D
Conclusion: A > B

Faults: C =/= D so the transitive property does not apply.

Do you see how that works?
(Note: Upon review the major problems I noted were already pointed out by Lucien. Try to take others' opinions into account and respond to them rather than simply re-asserting your own position.)

Originally posted by Hewhoknowslittle

And Lucien, are you suggesting that the team wins? Then please explain instead of claiming that the other side makes stupid arguments, because at least I'm giving one.
He hasn't argued that at all. He's pointed out that your 'logic' regarding Qordis/Yoda was flawed. Strawmanning him into an easier position to attack isn't sound rhetoric.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Red Nemesis

Here's the thing: you've made several assumptions that are not (and cannot possibly be) true.
Lemme rewrite this into logik form:
Given: Quordis is impressed by two shots being fired before he wins.
Given: Yoda allows far more than two shots to be fired before he wins.
Conclusion: Quordis > Yoda.

You've ignored several factors (deliberately or otherwise, it does not matter as I am operating on the assumption *bait*bait*bait* that you mean well).
Problem 1: Weaponry is not equal between the two eras. Droids' reaction time, ammo capacity and firing rate should all be higher than the troops Quordis fought.

This alone destroys the validity of your ABC but lets continue, shall we?

Problem 2: The troops Quordis fought were all mortal- they were not GE Mandalorian clones or soulless machines. As such, Quordis' opponents were all vulnerable to emotions and error while Yoda's were not- Yoda is again at a disadvantage.

If we again rephrase your logic, here's what we find:
Given: A does exceptionally well against C.
Conclusion: A >> C
Given: B does moderately well against D.
Conclusion: B > D.
Given: Conclusion 1 & 2
A >> C
B > D
Conclusion: A > B

Faults: C =/= D so the transitive property does not apply.

Do you see how that works?
(Note: Upon review the major problems I noted were already pointed out by Lucien. Try to take others' opinions into account and respond to them rather than simply re-asserting your own position.)

He hasn't argued that at all. He's pointed out that your 'logic' regarding Qordis/Yoda was flawed. Strawmanning him into an easier position to attack isn't sound rhetoric.

WTF????? Are you even reading what I wrote? Or are you just playing dumb to annoy me? I said that it is UNlikely - not likely - but UNlikely that Kopez > Yoda, infact I said that it is more likely that it's the difference in tech and not in skill level of Kopez/Yoda that caused it. READ MY POST

d) other

Notice this:

a) Quordis >>>> Yoda (UNLIKELY, SINCE HE GOT BEATEN BY BANE)

Hmmmm......

Hypocrite

Lord Lucien
WTF????? Are you even reading what I wrote? Or are you just playing dumb to annoy me? I said that it is UNlikely - not likely - but UNlikely that Kopez > Yoda, infact I said that it is more likely that it's the difference in tech and not in skill level of Kopez/Yoda that caused it. READ MY POST

Notice this:

a) Quordis >>>> Yoda (UNLIKELY, SINCE HE GOT BEATEN BY BANE)

Hmmmm......

Hypocrite Maybe you're just f*cking up your typing, but in case (and most likely) that you aren't:

Yoda>>>Kopecz. And Qordis, and Kaan. "Greatest foe", "PT Jedi=#1" and all that.

You're still not very good at this game.

Red Nemesis
No, he was using Quordis (kopecz?) >>>> Yoda to make the other 'options' he presented more effective.

I try not to use filler dishonestly but if he needs it to make a point, more power to him. That it won't work probably won't stop him.

(Yoda < is so untrue that it makes the other choices more persuasive. In theory. In practice it just makes him look like a dumbass.)

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
No, he was using Quordis (kopecz?) >>>> Yoda to make the other 'options' he presented more effective.

I try not to use filler dishonestly but if he needs it to make a point, more power to him. That it won't work probably won't stop him.

(Yoda < is so untrue that it makes the other choices more persuasive. In theory. In practice it just makes him look like a dumbass.)

I SAID that it's UNlikely and therefore the only possible explanation that I can think of is that the droids' weapons are far superior. You are SEVERELY twisting my words. Why am I a dumbass by saying that it's unlikely (aka untrue)? It's true that the statement that Quordis/Kopez/any sith except for Sidious > Yoda IS TOTALLY FALSE, and I was saying that it was false (which is the right answer), NOT that it was true. So I'm a dumbass by stating the exact same thing that you said?

Maybe you're just f*cking up your typing, but in case (and most likely) that you aren't:

Yoda>>>Kopecz. And Qordis, and Kaan. "Greatest foe", "PT Jedi=#1" and all that.

You're still not very good at this game.

Yes, Yoda >>> (insert any dark lord) which is basically WHAT I SAID. I said that it's unlikely (aka untrue) that that Yoda > Quordis/Kopez/whatever, so you are basically arguing with someone that has the SAME OPINION AS YOU.

(please respond to everything I say and not just the little stuff)

Lord Lucien
I SAID that it's UNlikely and therefore the only possible explanation that I can think of is that the droids' weapons are far superior. You are SEVERELY twisting my words. Why am I a dumbass by saying that it's unlikely (aka untrue)? It's true that the statement that Quordis/Kopez/any sith except for Sidious > Yoda IS TOTALLY FALSE, and I was saying that it was false (which is the right answer), NOT that it was true. So I'm a dumbass by stating the exact same thing that you said?

Yes, Yoda >>> (insert any dark lord) which is basically WHAT I SAID. I said that it's unlikely (aka untrue) that that Yoda > Quordis/Kopez/whatever, so you are basically arguing with someone that has the SAME OPINION AS YOU.

(please respond to everything I say and not just the little stuff) Do you see now the necessity to type in a coherent and effective manner using proper grammar and spelling? Ever since you started here your arguments have been negated by your own poor use of the English language's sentence format.

Oh God, especially this one:

d) other

Why did you end your paragraph with "This means:" and follow it up with "Quordis>>>>Yoda..."? The corresponding statement in brackets makes it sound like you were justifying the assessment, instead of arguing against it.

It actually took several days and a dozen intermittent posts for your meaning to get through. I get it NOW, but Christ man you have to do something about your little... problem.

Hewhoknowsall
Do you see now the necessity to type in a coherent and effective manner using proper grammar and spelling? Ever since you started here your arguments have been negated by your own poor use of the English language's sentence format.

Oh God, especially this one:

Why did you end your paragraph with "This means:" and follow it up with "Quordis>>>>Yoda..."? The corresponding statement in brackets makes it sound like you were justifying the assessment, instead of arguing against it.

It actually took several days and a dozen intermittent posts for your meaning to get through. I get it NOW, but Christ man you have to do something about your little... problem.

when I did a) b) c) d) choices, that meant that it could be one of the 4, just like multiple choice questions. And the brackets say that it's UNLIKELY.

And can we get back to the topic on hand?

CW Republic wins. They had better tech and better trained troops.

Lord Lucien
when I did a) b) c) d) choices, that meant that it could be one of the 4, just like multiple choice questions. And the brackets say that it's UNLIKELY. What you said in the brackets makes sense with additional explanation. If you need to explain the explanation then it was poorly written.

Hewhoknowsall
What you said in the brackets makes sense with additional explanation. If you need to explain the explanation then it was poorly written.

OK, so maybe I did use improper grammer. But just by reading the brackets you can figure out that the brackets aren't supporting the fact and are infact stating that they're unlikely. So even if it may be a bit confusing, once you READ you should be able to figure out. But instead, you try to act like as if you don't in a sarcastic manner and waste several posts pretending that something is confusing you, or it really is confusing you, which would be weird.

Now please, who do you side with (GAR vs team) and why?

Eminence
I got it the first time.

I'm smarter than Lucien and Nemesis, so I win moar.

Lord Lucien
OK, so maybe I did use improper grammer. But just by reading the brackets you can figure out that the brackets aren't supporting the fact and are infact stating that they're unlikely. So even if it may be a bit confusing, once you READ you should be able to figure out. But instead, you try to act like as if you don't in a sarcastic manner and waste several posts pretending that something is confusing you, or it really is confusing you, which would be weird. I toyed with the possibility that you said what you meant. Which simply means that it wasn't structured properly. Which throws my fascism-imbued reading skills in to disarray.

Now please, who do you side with (GAR vs team) and why? GAR. By a LONG shot.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Eminence
I got it the first time.

I'm smarter than Lucien and Nemesis, so I win moar.

I got it before I read it.

Me > You > RN and TG. God, I love A>B>C.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
I got it before I read it.

Me > You > RN and TG. God, I love A>B>C. And me>Barack Obama. Goddang boys.

mattatom
And me>Barack Obama. Goddang boys.

I'll second that.

Hewhoknowsall
Dooku outdueled Mace in spars.

Qui Gon tied Mace in spars.

Obi Wan > Anakin > Dooku > Mace > Sidious = Yoda

Obi Wan is supreme!!!! Yoda is wrong: Obi Wan > Sidious

Maul > Qui Gon = Mace

Maul > Mace!

TPM Obi Wan > Maul > Qui Gon = Mace

TPM Obi Wan > Mace!

Yeah!

Hewhoknowsall
Anyway, who thinks that the team wins? Can anyone give an argument?

Elite Hunter
Dooku outdueled Mace in spars.

Qui Gon tied Mace in spars.

Obi Wan > Anakin > Dooku > Mace > Sidious = Yoda

Obi Wan is supreme!!!! Yoda is wrong: Obi Wan > Sidious

Maul > Qui Gon = Mace

Maul > Mace!

TPM Obi Wan > Maul > Qui Gon = Mace

TPM Obi Wan > Mace!

Yeah!

Fail

Lord Lucien
Anyway, who thinks that the team wins? Can anyone give an argument? No, 'cause they don't.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.