Mew Vrs. Mewtwo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nighty101
All pokemon fans have wanted to know this. All of us. Now is the time to find out who wins. I vote Mew. But who things that Mewtwo will win? If you think that Mew will win write in pink. If you think that MewTwo will win write in blue. I want your honest opinion.

Wei Phoenix
Didn't Mewtwo have him on the ropes in the movie?

Slaanesh
Mewtwo is better i think..

Csdabest
Mewtwo. Was built to be stronger. And his mind is stronger as well faster than some supercomputers.

Astner
Mewtwo was created more powerful (better natural stats in the game) but unlike Mew can't learn all TM (Technical Machine) and HM (Hidden Machine).

But as we know, abilities are just good to such an extent. "Recover" is the only necessary ability, followed by a powerful special- and ordinary attack move.

Mew can however learn Chansey's "Softboiled" which is just as good as "Recover", but in the end Mew will fall short on stats.

The reason Arceus is considered the most powerful is because of its stats.

Kento
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Didn't Mewtwo have him on the ropes in the movie? The difference in the movie was..Mew wasn't really in it for a fight. Mewtwo was trying to prove his superiority. And it's not like Mewtwo's attack did much to hurt Mew. Though when the fight really began instead of cheap shots I guess you could say Mewtwo was weakened because he was also blocking all the special abilities of the pokemon fighting each other also. But that probably just to be to try to justify that Mew was doing good against Mewtwo, and Mew wasn't really up for a fight anyway.

Voyeur
Actually if you have currently watched Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. you'd know that Mew is the superior being and has a symbiotic relationship to all the life of every single pokemon.

Mewtwo is more vicious. He was fighting to win/kill. Mew was just playing defense and evading. Mew is capable of performing every move in the entire pokemon universe. Even those that only the Gods can do.

I'm sorry Astner but the pokemon video game stats and such don't hold any facts here in Anime/Manga Vs.

Honestly if Mew was fighting with intent to win. She would destroy MewTwo. via Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Dark Void, etc.

All MewTwo had going for him was a vicious human induced & tainted mind. Humans tried to make a clone out of the most powerful being in existence. A clone, that fell short. They tried to make up for it with substitutes and variables they didn't really have replacements for. How could Humans create a being that is the very essence and life to all other pokemon? They couldn't.

Mew is a lot more powerful and omnipotent, omniscient in terms of Feats. Mewtwo is cooler though, hands down but would loose if a real battle ever ensued.

side note: Besides, Game wise. Max, physical atk Mew with Shadow Sneak = GG Mewtwo. Even my CB Banette rapes them both. So yes, video games hold no proof here -.-

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Voyeur
Actually if you have currently watched Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. you'd know that Mew is the superior being and has a symbiotic relationship to all the life of every single pokemon.

Mewtwo is more vicious. He was fighting to win/kill. Mew was just playing defense and evading. Mew is capable of performing every move in the entire pokemon universe. Even those that only the Gods can do.

I'm sorry Astner but the pokemon video game stats and such don't hold any facts here in Anime/Manga Vs.

Honestly if Mew was fighting with intent to win. She would destroy MewTwo. via Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Dark Void, etc.

All MewTwo had going for him was a vicious human induced & tainted mind. Humans tried to make a clone out of the most powerful being in existence. A clone, that fell short. They tried to make up for it with substitutes and variables they didn't really have replacements for. How could Humans create a being that is the very essence and life to all other pokemon? They couldn't.

Mew is a lot more powerful and omnipotent, omniscient in terms of Feats. Mewtwo is cooler though, hands down but would loose if a real battle ever ensued.

side note: Besides, Game wise. Max, physical atk Mew with Shadow Sneak = GG Mewtwo. Even my CB Banette rapes them both. So yes, video games hold no proof here -.-

Where has he been proven to be omni anything?

Nighty101
I think that mew would win. Mew never showed a sign of weakness in the movie. He just kept evading and pissing Mewtwo off. Finally (I hate that Ash blocked it) the two did their most powerful attacks. It would've been a much cooler ending if Mew would've destroyed Mewtwo, all of the clones would evaportate, and Ash and Co could remember everything. Mew would dissapear and a rescue boat would come. It would settle this arguement. Really no one really knows who would win because it never concluded.

Kento
Originally posted by Nighty101
I think that mew would win. Mew never showed a sign of weakness in the movie. He just kept evading and pissing Mewtwo off. Finally (I hate that Ash blocked it) the two did their most powerful attacks. It would've been a much cooler ending if Mew would've destroyed Mewtwo, all of the clones would evaportate, and Ash and Co could remember everything. Mew would dissapear and a rescue boat would come. It would settle this arguement. Really no one really knows who would win because it never concluded. confused Why would the clones get destroyed if Mewtwo died? They were created by machines not Mewtwo.

Astner

Voyeur
once again. Video game facts and stats, mean NOTHING in here. kek.
I play competitive pokemon (PLAYED*) Mewtwo's weakest stat is his physical defense which no one ever buffers because they focus on Satk and speed mostly. Hence a physical pokemon with his weakness wins.

Banette, shadow sneak, it gets STAB and 1.5 bonus for weakness and it's a physical attack, CB (choice band) the net. KO. any way... -.-

You have to go by ANIME and MANGA feats/status.

if we go off by what you say and that his is Canon by video game facts only. Then that's retarded? Because why should something we can prove with real pokemon battles be brought up in a theory match? asinine. Kek. It would belong in the Video game vs. thread.

-.-

yes, Mew wins. MewTwo, as cool and as many fans as he has, isn't powerful enough.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Astner
Mewtwo was created more powerful (better natural stats in the game) but unlike Mew can't learn all TM (Technical Machine) and HM (Hidden Machine).
Strangely enough though, he could do everything Mew could do in the anime, and more. They probably just didn't make him able to learn all the TM/HMs in the games so he wouldn't be too overpowered... even though he pretty much already was.

Mew can however learn Chansey's "Softboiled" which is just as good as "Recover", but in the end Mew will fall short on stats.
Softboiled also doesn't have as much PP (Power Points) as Recover does. Only has half as much as Recover I believe.

Mewtwo has plenty of ways he can beat Mew in-game as well (more-so than the other way around in fact). The fact Mewtwo's faster than Mew (thus allowing him to attack first) also hurts that Shadow Sneak strategy you mentioned.
Admittedly, Mew's overall more versatile with its ability to learn any TM/HM, but 1 on 1, Mewtwo's still more likely to win.

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Where has he been proven to be omni anything?
Absolutely nowhere.

Besides, none of the attacks mentioned is especially effective. Dark Void puts two creatures to sleep, so unless you fight two opponents it's as good as "Hypnosis" or "Sleep Powder". "Roar of Time" and "Spacial Rend"--though unique--aren't that powerful.
Not to mention, with Roar of Time, Mew would still have to skip a turn to recharge like any Pokemon would for Hyper Beam, if I'm remembering correctly.

You have to go by ANIME and MANGA feats/status.

if we go off by what you say and that his is Canon by video game facts only. Then that's retarded? Because why should something we can prove with real pokemon battles be brought up in a theory match? asinine. Kek. It would belong in the Video game vs. thread.

-.-

yes, Mew wins. MewTwo, as cool and as many fans as he has, isn't powerful enough.
Prove it then. I still have yet to see any anime/manga feats of Mew's that shows she/it can beat Mewtwo, let alone that she/it is omnipotent.

edit: It seems the poll in this thread pretty much speaks for itself smile, as of now at least.

Nighty101
in anime there are no stats. Just cute creatures with annoying voices kicking the other's az

yungz22
I think the original takes this one

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Nighty101
in anime there are no stats. Just cute creatures with annoying voices kicking the other's az
Unlike Mew in the anime, at least Mewtwo's actually capable of human speech. no expression

Also, I just remembered something. If anyone saw the special episode in the anime with the "mirage" Pokemon, there was a part where the mirage Mewtwo beat the Mew. I'll post a vid of it later if I can find it, just for lolz.
So where's your omnipotent Mew God now?

Kento
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Unlike Mew in the anime, at least Mewtwo's actually capable of human speech. no expression

Also, I just remembered something. If anyone saw the special episode in the anime with the "mirage" Pokemon, there was a part where the mirage Mewtwo beat the Mew. I'll post a vid of it later if I can find it, just for lolz.
So where's your omnipotent Mew God now? Wasn't Mew also a mirage pokemon? I don't remember anything about that special.

ThunderGodEneru
The reason Arceus is considered the most powerful is because of its stats. That and, you know, he created the entire Pokemon universe. no expression

Mewtwo wins, they were shown to be about equal in the movie, and Mewtwo got stronger afterwards.

Also, when the hell did Mew show he was only playing around? Being small and cute does not constitute as playing around, after Mewtwo gave Mew a preemptive blow, Mew gave Mewtwo one, and they fought. Anyone who thinks Mew was toying with Mewtwo, is an idiot.

And Mew being the strongest force in the Pokemon universe was worth a laugh.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Kento
Wasn't Mew also a mirage pokemon? I don't remember anything about that special.
Yeah, it was one as well.

Seems I couldn't find a video of the episode though, unless you count some lame ass AMV or two.

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Also, when the hell did Mew show he was only playing around? Being small and cute does not constitute as playing around, after Mewtwo gave Mew a preemptive blow, Mew gave Mewtwo one, and they fought. Anyone who thinks Mew was toying with Mewtwo, is an idiot.

And Mew being the strongest force in the Pokemon universe was worth a laugh.
Co-signed..

Peach
Pokemon didn't originate as a game, so this is against the rules. Also, the multi-colored posts gave me a severe headache; please don't do that.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.