The Gorgon vs. PC Karate Kid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Enyalus
Any takers on this fight?

psycho gundam
which gorgon?

nevermind, i hate anything karate kid.

KingD19
The asian guy who proved God exists, and can turn you to stone when he looks at you. He wins.

cloud102
KK 10/10. No contest.

LordofBrooklyn
Karate Kid 8/10

He is too strong and fast for Gorgon.

Val is breaking diamonds and DC grade Adamantium. He will do the same to Gorgon.

cloud102
Not to mention Val has the capability to friggen fly!

Enyalus
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Karate Kid 8/10

He is too strong and fast for Gorgon.

I disagree with the 'fast' comment.

cloud102
Originally posted by Enyalus
I disagree with the 'fast' comment.

Val (post zero Hour) was able to tag Barry Allen type speedsters.

Enyalus
Originally posted by cloud102
Val (post zero Hour) was able to tag Barry Allen type speedsters.
Gorgon just tagged a Flash-like speedster when she attempted to blitz him from behind. Obviously, she probably wasn't as fast as Flash, but meh. The standard Quicksilver/Speed Demon/Impulse/standard speedster animation.

cloud102
Gorgon just tagged a Flash-like speedster when she attempted to blitz him from behind. Obviously, she probably wasn't as fast as Flash, but meh. The standard Quicksilver/Speed Demon/Impulse/standard speedster animation.

Val was quick enough to handle TWO at the same time. HAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

Mindset
Gorgon handled 4

Enyalus
Val was quick enough to handle TWO at the same time. HAHAHAHAHAHAAH!
MI PENIS IZ BIGER DEN URS LOL!!!

cloud102
sad

I'm all alone.

LordofBrooklyn
sad

I'm all alone.

No you're not.

Val KO'd Ultra-Boy with a kick!

Where is your Gorgon now?!!!

Original Smurph
Gorgon mathematically proved the existence of god when he was 6.

No matter what feat you have of KK's, that means he auto-fails.

tjcoady

Yo-Yo tops out at 300 MPH.

She has nowhere near the speed of a Speed-force Speedster, a Kryptonian, or a Daxamite, all of which Val has tagged (or beaten), before.

Lets think this through. I'm a little drunk, and I'm not entirely sure myself, so I've just gave myself a shot of whiskey and am leaning back.

Okay. Karate Kid in the Silver age has some insane feats. He's tagged a speed-blitzing Superboy, he's shattered barriers made out of diamond or Promethium, and he's done insane, and sort of unbelievable things, like taking out the Emerald Eye from the Silver Age Fatal Five.

Gorgon, on the other hand, is CONSISTENT. Every time he's done something, it's been more or less around what we'd expect for him: basically taking out the Secret Warriors (which include the high-meta Daisy, the speedster Yo-Yo, the Sorcerer Supreme contender Druid, the descendant of what's-his-name Ghost Rider {Ketch?} and the freaking son of Ares who he just showed off to). And he's fought and beaten Daredevil, Elektra, and Wolverine, and even Fury is afraid of him.

Karate Kid, as insane as some of his feats are, does have some pretty terrible showings. We are talking about Silver Age Val, and everyone was kind of over-the-top in the Silver Age, but, still, even for the standards he did have some insanely low feats: losing to Timberwolf, getting owned by psi-powers in SECONDS, getting beat by Superboy without Superboy even realizing he had attacked (and that happened more than three times, by mind possessing Legion Villains... Universo et all).

The basic point I'm trying to get to is that "classic" Val really only the respect thread of awesome showings- and every other Legionaire had those, where they had impossible feats from their general power levels where they saved the rest of the Legion. Generally, Silver-Age Legion writers tried to keep everyone at the same level, from Superboy to Saturn Girl to Karate Kid, so everyone got those **** YEAH moments, even Matter-Eater-Lad.

So basically, what I'm saying is that just in order to hang with the Legion, Val needs some INSANE skills. He's better than Dragon, or Shiva, or Stick, or Wolverine.... but he's not Superboy level.

He'd win six out of ten times. And there is no one on this forum who has read more silver-age comics then me (at least for the Legion).

cloud102
Not only diamond or "unbreakable" force fields, but also Interon. DC's Adimantium. Saturn Girl has stated that it was difficult to get inside Val's head, because of his intense training of the mind.

As for taking down Emerald Empress, he did it with ONE move. He heard her miles away. And she was described as the most deadly assassin during that time.

Silver Age Val would own Gorgon, IMO.

KingD19
Gorgon stabbed Wolverine through his spine...HIS ADAMANTIUM SPINE.

He can also read his opponents thoughts, which lets him avoid there every move in combat, no matter how fast Val is, Gorgon will see what he wants to do, and counter, dodge, avoid, etc....

He can also move over short distances so fast it's like he teleports, if Logan couldn't track him, then he's fast.

And Smurph, he made an Opera at 6, he proved God's existence at around 13. ^_^

cloud102
Originally posted by KingD19
Gorgon stabbed Wolverine through his spine...HIS ADAMANTIUM SPINE.

He can also read his opponents thoughts, which lets him avoid there every move in combat, no matter how fast Val is, Gorgon will see what he wants to do, and counter, dodge, avoid, etc....

He can also move over short distances so fast it's like he teleports, if Logan couldn't track him, then he's fast.

And Smurph, he made an Opera at 6, he proved God's existence at around 13. ^_^

Val has also developed the ability to read movements. He also has countless martial arts that he has mastered throughout the universe.

KingD19
Reading movements, and reading your enemies thoughts before they move are two different things. Gorgon could move to the left, but kick to the right, and he has sufficient martial arts abilities to land hits on Val. Gorgon on the other hand, knows what Val will do before he does it, which means there's really nothing he can do.

cloud102
Reading movements, and reading your enemies thoughts before they move are two different things. Gorgon could move to the left, but kick to the right, and he has sufficient martial arts abilities to land hits on Val. Gorgon on the other hand, knows what Val will do before he does it, which means there's really nothing he can do.

Speed isn't an issue here, seeing as Val has DODGED beings who move close or above the speed of light.

Phantom Zone
Gorgons good but not that good.

KingD19
Why did you quote that then respond to something in another post? That one had nothing to do with speed.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by tjcoady

Gorgon, on the other hand, is CONSISTENT. Every time he's done something, it's been more or less around what we'd expect for him: basically taking out the Secret Warriors (which include the high-meta Daisy, the speedster Yo-Yo, the Sorcerer Supreme contender Druid, the descendant of what's-his-name Ghost Rider {Ketch?} and the freaking son of Ares who he just showed off to). And he's fought and beaten Daredevil, Elektra, and Wolverine, and even Fury is afraid of him.

SPOLIERS dammit! Hey when the hell did you get that issue its not supposed to be out yet.

cloud102
Why did you quote that then respond to something in another post? That one had nothing to do with speed.

I'm just pointing out that Gorgon probably wouldn't land a hit. Val would simply dodge it or counter by reading his movements.

KingD19
Ahhhh, well if you use that logic, they'll be dodging each other all day.

cloud102
Ahhhh, well if you use that logic, they'll be dodging each other all day.

Fortunately Val has mastered not just earth martial arts but every single known martial art in the universe. He's seen it all. Gorgon isn't anything new.

KingD19
True, but like I said, Gorgon can read his mind, and not anticipate his moves, know his moves, every move he will make before his body makes it. With that ability, Gorgon can attack during Val's attack, stopping his, while landing his own hit. It doesn't matter that all he knows is Earth martial arts, his intellect, plus his powers and skills make him someone who Val will be hard pressed to beat.

Phantom Zone
Even if he could read his mind PC Val would be too fast wouldnt he.

cloud102
True, but like I said, Gorgon can read his mind, and not anticipate his moves, know his moves, every move he will make before his body makes it. With that ability, Gorgon can attack during Val's attack, stopping his, while landing his own hit. It doesn't matter that all he knows is Earth martial arts, his intellect, plus his powers and skills make him someone who Val will be hard pressed to beat.

He may be able to see it coming, but that won't matter one bit. He won't be able to STOP it. Val can detect weak points in practically anything. Including Interon, which is DC's ADIMANTIUM. He also shattered the Eye of Ekron with one blow. He'd beat the shit out of Gorgon.

Gorgon's best bet is his stone stare.

cloud102

BTW, the whole Reading of the Mind thing probably won't work, either. Saturn Girl had a hard time getting inside his head when he knew she was there. She stated his hard trained mind made it difficult.

And this is DC's most powerful telepath and most skilled.

Phantom Zone
Looks like Gorgons ****ed to me.

KingD19
You guys are seriously downplaying Gorgon. And he will be able to stop it, dodge it, whatever, as smart as he is, he certainly thinks fast enough to come up with a way to counter attack. If I could read your mind, and I saw you were going to try and punch me in the face, I would duck, and then attack. And with his extremely high thought processes, it won't be difficult. Plus his mind reading ability isn't like Saturn Girls/Xaviers, it's weird, it's not, I know what you had for breakfast, it's more like, I know you're going to try and punch me in the face in three seconds. Plus he can see around himself with his telepathy, making a mental picturte(irrelevant, but ehh)

And not everything has a weak point.

cloud102
You guys are seriously downplaying Gorgon. And he will be able to stop it, dodge it, whatever, as smart as he is, he certainly thinks fast enough to come up with a way to counter attack. If I could read your mind, and I saw you were going to try and punch me in the face, I would duck, and then attack. And with his extremely high thought processes, it won't be difficult.

And not everything has a weak point.

No, I'm not. Gorgon is one of my favorite characters, but he stands little chance here.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
SPOLIERS dammit! Hey when the hell did you get that issue its not supposed to be out yet.

Secret Warriors 3 (Marvels best titles after anything written by Fraction, Ellis, or Brubaker) came out today.

And it was ****ING awesome....

Phantom Zone
Secret Warriors 3 (Marvels best titles after anything written by Fraction, Ellis, or Brubaker) came out today.

And it was ****ING awesome....

Could have done spoilers ya know...

cloud102
Agents of Atlas > Secret Warriors! Ha!

tjcoady
I don't care.

Anything that was spoiler-y, you should have gotten already.

KingD19
BTW, I did some research on Inertron and Adamantium, turns out, even though it's the most powerful metal in DC, it still pales in comparison to Adamantium.

Inertron has been destroyed before, while Primary Adamantium never has. If Val can break it, there's a large chance that he will break his hand trying to break through Adamantium.

Phantom Zone
I don't care.

Anything that was spoiler-y, you should have gotten already.

*middle finger*

cloud102
BTW, I did some research on Inertron and Adamantium, turns out, even though it's the most powerful metal in DC, it still pales in comparison to Adamantium.

Inertron has been destroyed before, while Primary Adamantium never has. If Val can break it, there's a large chance that he will break his hand trying to break through Adamantium.

Nah, even Val states everything has a weak spot. It's what his training provides. He'll find it. Just like how he broke Eye Of Ekron. Which was said to be indestructible. Even a Pre-Crisis brick couldn't dent it. Gorgon is neither more durable than Interon or EOE.

Enyalus
Fortunately Val has mastered not just earth martial arts but every single known martial art in the universe. He's seen it all. Gorgon isn't anything new.

I'm fairly confident that Val's mastered every martial art in the galaxy, not the universe.

grimify
PC karate kid? This isn't even a contest.
Val wins it 10/10 with zero effort.

Original Smurph
And Smurph, he made an Opera at 6, he proved God's existence at around 13. ^_^ Oh.

Shut up.

srankmissingnin
Gorgon mathematically proves that KK is super lame! End of fight?

KingD19
If adamantium could have been broken, it would have been by now. The only adamantium breaking I recall is Hulk breaking a needle, but that might have been secondary. Irregardless, the only adamantium that has been reformatted is when Logan's was extracted from his skeleton, and when Cyber molecularly rearranged some to make his body. Actually, it's been stated that Adamantium can't be damaged without altering it's molecular structure, so Val really can't do anything against it. But nobody will think that Gorgon will win, so there's no point in continuing to argue for his side.

Enyalus
I think this could go either way.

Its all well and good to say, "Val's held his own against PC Superboy," or "Val's tagged the Flash." But, post-crisis Batman has done similar things.

Two incredibly fast, incredibly skilled fighters facing each other's always going to be a good match. And its going to be a much different type of fight than "Val held off PC Validus for a while."

iceman24567
Val destroys the Gorgon

cloud102
I'm fairly confident that Val's mastered every martial art in the galaxy, not the universe.

No, I'm pretty sure it's the known universe. The guy keeps on ticking.

Enyalus
No, I'm pretty sure it's the known universe.

His wiki agrees with me. uhuh

cloud102

Its all well and good to say, "Val's held his own against PC Superboy," or "Val's tagged the Flash." But, post-crisis Batman has done similar things.

Two incredibly fast, incredibly skilled fighters facing each other's always going to be a good match. And its going to be a much different type of fight than "Val held off PC Validus for a while."

Bruce has wrestled with pre-crisis bricks? embarrasment

BTW, we saw how easily Val took Bruce's own utility belt away from him and that was immediately after his coma. He wasn't operating at all levels. And even then, Bruce needed Black Lightning.

cloud102
If adamantium could have been broken, it would have been by now. The only adamantium breaking I recall is Hulk breaking a needle, but that might have been secondary. Irregardless, the only adamantium that has been reformatted is when Logan's was extracted from his skeleton, and when Cyber molecularly rearranged some to make his body. Actually, it's been stated that Adamantium can't be damaged without altering it's molecular structure, so Val really can't do anything against it. But nobody will think that Gorgon will win, so there's no point in continuing to argue for his side.

Adimantium never met Val, so it really all depends on the writer. This is Val's specialty, BTW.

Super Dragon

Val has competed agaisnt PC top tiers, Gorgon has not. There is a world of difference between bruce and val, and why would bruce having similar feats demean Val anyway.

Enyalus
Bruce has wrestled with pre-crisis bricks? embarrasment

Superman's better than a PC brick. stick out tongue

BTW, we saw how easily Val took Bruce's own utility belt away from him and that was immediately after his coma. He wasn't operating at all levels. And even then, Bruce needed Black Lightning.

He didn't need Black Lightning. It was just easier. I agree, Val had the edge against Batman. And I know Val was weakened even so. But Gorgon would also kick Batman's ass. And someone who's fought PC Superboy to a virtually draw should easily crush Batman, wouldn't you agree?

...Except Superboy didn't have Batman's MA. Which changes the entire game, and how these people fight. Gorgon's got great MA. He's got great speed. Enough to hang with Val.

So, I don't know who wins the thread...that's why I made it. But IMO its not a stomp for either person.

Super Dragon
Superboy doesn't need MA, especially when he could jusy throw planets like cheap toy cars.

cloud102

Superman's better than a PC brick. stick out tongue

He didn't need Black Lightning. It was just easier. I agree, Val had the edge against Batman. And I know Val was weakened even so. But Gorgon would also kick Batman's ass. And someone who's fought PC Superboy to a virtually draw should easily crush Batman, wouldn't you agree?

...Except Superboy didn't have Batman's MA. Which changes the entire game, and how these people fight. Gorgon's got great MA. He's got great speed. Enough to hang with Val.

So, I don't know who wins the thread...that's why I made it. But IMO its not a stomp for either person.

LOL! It wasn't really Val that fought Batman. Val still thought he was Trident! And he still owned Batman.

I don't think you comprehend what Val is. He's a Fist Of The North type being that has mastered everything Bruce has and FUTURE and Alien martial arts. That's his thing. Batman does a lot of other crap and admitted this is why he isn't number one in his OWN time.

Val could literally own 3 Batmen at once. Maybe more and I'm not joking. He's that good. And it shows!

Battlehammer
this thread stupid. Though Gorgon is a beast

Enyalus
Ur face shows! uhuh

Original Smurph
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Gorgon mathematically proves that KK is super lame! End of fight? This.

cloud102
LMAO! Come on, don't get mad, baby. Believe it or not, I actually like Gorgon better. It's my fault. I apologize.

SupremeMan
KK 10/10. No contest.

Battlehammer
secret warriors got recked by gorgon lol and I am not mad

Enyalus
LMAO! Come on, don't get mad, baby.

love I forgive you.

iceman24567
This thread is turning gay quick

Enyalus
Originally posted by iceman24567
This thread is turning gay quick
Then get out of it! You do this to every thread you post in, damnit.

iceman24567
Anybody need a quick bj before I depart eek!

Enyalus
Originally posted by iceman24567
Anybody need a quick bj before I depart eek!
I spent too long looking at the Supergirl pic crimsonphoenix put up in the Lounge, so yes.

iceman24567
lulz

cloud102
LOL!

SupremeMan
I spent too long looking at the Supergirl pic crimsonphoenix put up in the Lounge, so yes.

Hmm, I'd best go look at that. If its anything like her Emma Frost (or at least that's who I think it is)... smokin'

grimify
But nobody will think that Gorgon will win, so there's no point in continuing to argue for his side.

Because he can't.

Unless you think he can handle PC superboy and daxamites, I don't see how you would give Gorgon any chance.

occultdestroyer
Terrible spite.

Gorgon, as badass as he is, would still shit bricks if he faced Karate Kid.
Let alone the PC one.

Deathstroke
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Gorgon mathematically proves that KK is super lame! End of fight?
KK finds the weak spot in Gorgon's math and karate chops it out of existence.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.