Gorgon vs The Midnighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Gorgon- Current

VS

The Midnighter- Current

Two innovators of violence.

Who wins?

Enyalus
I'd say Midnighter's definitely the more creative of the two when it comes to innovating violence.

But The Gorgon wins.

Starscream M
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Gorgon- Current

VS

The Midnighter- Current

Two innovators of violence.

Who wins? gorgon with the stone stare? how does midnighter deal with that?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Starscream M
gorgon with the stone stare? how does midnighter deal with that?
Mightnighter would see it coming.

KingD19
Gorgon does the same thing Midnighter does.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Enyalus
Mightnighter would see it coming. lulz...

Enyalus
Originally posted by Original Smurph
lulz...
Didn't phrase that very well, did I?

Okay. Midnighter would predict that scenario and be prepared for its eventuality.

KingD19
Midnighter can predict the scenario, Gorgon can read Midnighter's mind and decipher what moves he'll make.

wannabe
Originally posted by KingD19
Midnighter can predict the scenario, Gorgon can read Midnighter's mind and decipher what moves he'll make.
Well reading a mind that processes information at an unbelievable speed won't do Gorgon any good. It's like trying to read thick book whose pages are flipped over within a second.

tjcoady
Midnighter.

KingD19
Gorgon won't have any trouble processing that information, he's an incredibly intelligent person. He could speak at a few months old, made an opera at 6, became a painter at 4, proved god was real at 13. His intelligence has been referenced a few times. He can keep up, easily.

tjcoady
Oh please, who hasn't written an opera these days.

Enyalus
Originally posted by tjcoady
Oh please, who hasn't written an opera these days.
QFT.

srankmissingnin
Wolverine would beat the living shit out Midnighter 10/10. Gorgon beat the living shit out of Wolverine. The conclusion of this fight is easily drawn...

Gorgon 100/100. Spite

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Wolverine would beat the living shit out Midnighter 10/10. Gorgon beat the living shit out of Wolverine. The conclusion of this fight is easily drawn...

Gorgon 100/100. Spite

I don't know if you're serious but transitive logic doesn't work that way in fights.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
I don't know if you're serious but transitive logic doesn't work that way in fights.

It works fine when all the characters have virtually the same power / skill set.

Starscream M
It works fine when all the characters have virtually the same power / skill set. wolverine doesn't have midnighter's powerset

srankmissingnin
wolverine doesn't have midnighter's powerset

Superhuman strength / speed / agility, senses and a healing factor.

Midnighter has his scenario processing ability... which brings nothing to the table against a telepath.

Starscream M

Midnighter has his scenario processing ability... which brings nothing to the table against a telepath. midnighter can process millions of scenarios in a second

I can show you a book with millions of scenarios and allow you to read it...you can't digest it without superspeed mind

so even if gorgon can read midnighter's thoughts...they should be too fast for the gorgon to process

Enyalus
It's actually billions per second...

Harbinger
QFT. Please. Like you can write.

srankmissingnin
midnighter can process millions of scenarios in a second

I can show you a book with millions of scenarios and allow you to read it...you can't digest it without superspeed mind

so even if gorgon can read midnighter's thoughts...they should be too fast for the gorgon to process

He doesn't need to read whats going on in his subconcious mind, just the concious mind, he just needs to skim the surface. When Midnighter tells his arm to move, Gorgon will know about it, what Midnighter's mind is doing other than the doesn't matter because it doesn't concern Gorgon in the slightest.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Harbinger
Please. Like you can write.

stick out tongue I write novels and comics actually, thank you very much.

...And iambic pentameter verse for my girlfriend...

Kris Blaze
Midnighter vs some Gary Stu ****** with not depth or anything?

Gorgon might win "least interesting character" of the year, but he's not defeating Midnighter in a fight.

srankmissingnin
Certainly not as deep or complicated as teh Midnighter!

dur

Starscream M
Certainly not as deep or complicated as teh Midnighter!

dur all gorgon ever accomplished was formulating the theory of everything at age 13 smile

Enyalus
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Midnighter vs some Gary Stu ****** with not depth or anything?

Gorgon might win "least interesting character" of the year, but he's not defeating Midnighter in a fight.
I'm almost positive The Gorgon is gay, so Midnighter might rape him afterwards if Tomi is lucky.

srankmissingnin
I'm almost positive The Gorgon is gay, so Midnighter might rape him afterwards if Tomi is lucky.

He was macking that old chick. sick

Starscream M
I'm almost positive The Gorgon is gay haha why?

Enyalus
He was macking that old chick. sick
I know...C'mon, thats a dead giveaway. No straight guy would do that.

Battlehammer
Gorgon in an utter stomp

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Gorgon in an utter stomp

Digi
Originally posted by KingD19

MNer has blocks against telepaths. He had his implants altered after a telepath f----d with him (we're never told how, but Jackson King couldn't attack him telepathically).

Not saying he'd win, as I don't know much of Gorgon so I can't say, but this tactic wouldn't work.

complexbrother
^^^ I agree. i just read the comic where Jackson King said he couldn't read Midnighters mind.

Starscream M
gorgon with the stone stare? how does midnighter deal with that?

Phantom Zone
He doesn't need to read whats going on in his subconcious mind, just the concious mind, he just needs to skim the surface. When Midnighter tells his arm to move, Gorgon will know about it, what Midnighter's mind is doing other than the doesn't matter because it doesn't concern Gorgon in the slightest.

God you're incredible. Do you ever listen yo yourself sometimes? You just invent any theory you like and assume its correct.

Originally posted by Digi
MNer has blocks against telepaths. He had his implants altered after a telepath f----d with him (we're never told how, but Jackson King couldn't attack him telepathically).

Not saying he'd win, as I don't know much of Gorgon so I can't say, but this tactic wouldn't work.

When Gorgon stomped both Elektra and Wolverine I think they were both wearing TP blockers and that was after a building collapsed on him due to it being hit by a missle.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
God you're incredible. Do you ever listen yo yourself sometimes? You just invent any theory you like and assume its correct. It makes sense. Gorgon doesn't need to pay attention to every possible path that Midnighter might take, only the one that Midnighter decides to take.

Battlehammer
very true

OneDumbG0
gorgon with the stone stare? how does midnighter deal with that? Close his eyes? When he calculates when Gorgon tries to do it?
Originally posted by Digi

When Gorgon stomped both Elektra and Wolverine I think they were both wearing TP blockers and that was after a building collapsed on him due to it being hit by a missle. He began stomping on them in earnest only after Gorgon knocked off their TP blockers respectively. He also only began reading their minds directly after they were knocked off respectively. Which presumes that SHIELD tp blockers are effective enough to protect them from Gorgon's powers. I'm willing to guess that Midnighter's tp blockers are as effective.

Phantom Zone
It makes sense. Gorgon doesn't need to pay attention to every possible path that Midnighter might take, only the one that Midnighter decides to take.

No not really as usual he didnt think it through. Might as well assume that DD beats Cap because he knows when hes going to throw a punch.

Originally posted by OneDumbG0

He began stomping on them in earnest only after Gorgon knocked off their TP blockers respectively. He also only began reading their minds directly after they were knocked off respectively. Which presumes that SHIELD tp blockers are effective enough to protect them from Gorgon's powers. I'm willing to guess that Midnighter's tp blockers are as effective.

Ah I couldnt be arsed to check the comic to be sure.

Original Smurph
No not really as usual he didnt think it through. Might as well assume that DD beats Cap because he knows when hes going to throw a punch. You're mentally handicapped.

Phantom Zone
Im mentally handicapped.

Yeah I know.

Mindset
BUUUURN

Wild Shadow
gorgon would win a brutal stomp imo

Original Smurph
Yeah I know. Ouch. Rush me to the burn unit.

Battlehammer
Gorgon utter stomps here

Aries_04
Gorgon takes this. Over at CBR they have so many Midnighter nut huggers that they are blind to the facts.

The Nuul
Mid.

Trackz
this is a good fight, Gorgons stone stare is out, CIS prevents him from using it against characters he views as challenges, even when he's losing. He only uses it to finish off an opponent.

Not sure if we know that telepathy would work either, this is a lot closer than people are making it out to be, neither character "stomps" though.

Battlehammer
Gorgon stomps.......blunt force wont do shit to gorgon. Gorgon better in every sense. There really no way to say his telepathy should not work, when it work on wolverine who has vastly better documented history of TP resistences then Mid and it also worked on elektra who infact is a telepath.

People give Mid way to much credit. Gorgon would slaughter him.

Prep-Man
Midnighter would lose here.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Midnighter would lose here.

OneDumbG0
^ Not really.

Starscream M
^ Not really. yeah, gorgon if needed to, could just take off his blindfold and end the fight right then and there

OneDumbG0
^ Why wouldn't Midnighter be able to process and counteract this scenario out of the millions he's processing?

Starscream M
^ Why wouldn't Midnighter be able to process and counteract this scenario out of the millions he's processing? 1) this midnighter even know gorgon's power?

2) you're assuming there's always a scenario where he can be successful...a false assumption

Battlehammer
1) this midnighter even know gorgon's power?

2) you're assuming there's always a scenario where he can be successful...a false assumption
agreed, not to mention he assumes midnighter has the ability to fight opponent of gorgon level while having his eyes closes lol

OneDumbG0
^ Considering Midnighter relies on his battle computer to carry out his scenarios, being unable to look directly at his eyes should have a negligible effect. Also, it's not like Midnighter couldn't just stare at his chest the entire time. Gorgon has to lock onto their stare for it to work.Originally posted by Starscream M
1) this midnighter even know gorgon's power?

2) you're assuming there's always a scenario where he can be successful...a false assumption Midnighter's built-in scanners can tell what another person's powers/enhancements are down to the cellular level.

Considering Wolverine figured out he could just reflect Gorgon's stare back at him on the fly while getting stomped on, I think Midnighter could be able to process at least a few scenarios out of millions that would lead to that. Not altogether out of the realm of possibility, y'know?

Starscream M
agreed, not to mention he assumes midnighter has the ability to fight opponent of gorgon level while having his eyes closes lol well that WOULD be a close fight

I think midnighter could match a blindfolded gorgon if its H2H

midnighter is a hell lot faster and stronger than wolverine, plus he can process a million scenarios

Starscream M
^ Midnighter's built-in scanners can tell what another person's powers/enhancements are down to the cellular level.

Considering Wolverine figured out he could just reflect Gorgon's stare back at him on the fly while getting stomped on, I think Midnighter could be able to process at least a few scenarios out of millions that would lead to that. Not altogether out of the realm of possibility, y'know? KMC fights are in featureless environments...so there's nothing reflective midnighter can use erm

OneDumbG0
KMC fights are in featureless environments...so there's nothing reflective midnighter can use Says you. I'm pretty sure he's got shiny metal stabby things in his pockets or he could just work a way to use Gorgon's own sword.

Also... wouldn't the usual setting be an urban environment? No? Out in the middle of the desert is the default?

Battlehammer
Says you. I'm pretty sure he's got shiny metal stabby things in his pockets or he could just work a way to use Gorgon's own sword.

Also... wouldn't the usual setting be an urban environment? No? Out in the middle of the desert is the default?

usual setting would be featureless environment.

and you give mid night far to much credit......as usual.

I dont get why you think his conculate million scenerio crap means he wins every fight he in......

so midnigther suposes to beat gorgon now while having his eyes closeed?......when has midnighter even shown the ability to fight while blind let a lone against individual of gorgon caliber?

Battlehammer

midnighter is a hell lot faster and stronger than wolverine, plus he can process a million scenarios
No he not. He not faster or stronger......not even sure how you came to the conclusion he a hell of a lot faster.........and stronger

OneDumbG0
^ He kicked a fired tank shell back at a tank.Originally posted by Battlehammer
usual setting would be featureless environment.

and you give mid night far to much credit......as usual.

I dont get why you think his conculate million scenerio crap means he wins every fight he in......

so midnigther suposes to beat gorgon now while having his eyes closeed?......when has midnighter even shown the ability to fight while blind let a lone against individual of gorgon caliber? Doesn't say that in the rules.

Not really. I just happen to read his comics.

He doesn't win every fight.

Why would Midnighter have to blind himself or close his eyes completely throughout? He could just use his scenario processing capabilities and his battle AI computer to keep his stare fixed on some other point of his body.

Battlehammer
^ He kicked a fired tank shell back at a tank.Doesn't say that in the rules.

Not really. I just happen to read his comics.

He doesn't win every fight.

Why would Midnighter have to blind himself or close his eyes completely throughout? He could just use his scenario processing capabilities and his battle AI computer to keep his stare fixed on some other point of his body.
Wierd it uses too. Featureless enviorment makes the most sense unless other wises stated in the objective, becuase it give neither side an land advantage.

no you clearly do, I read them as well, as does srank and many other like digi. Non of us agree with how you few him to be.

you believe him to.

then he only be able to see part of gorgon body which again would completely hinder him. So midnighter can beat gorgon who can see/read his thoughts all while he can only see slight part of his body and has to wory about stone stare........ that utterly rediculous.

when has he ever kept his stare fixed on certain part of an opponent body let a lone one of gorgon speed and skill?

Battlehammer
^ He kicked a fired tank shell back at a tank.

and yet he never produce that type of strength ever again......it called pis my friend.

oh weight so now mid nighter 25 plus tonner? dispite the fact none of his other feat suggest anything closes to that?

OneDumbG0
Wierd it uses too. Featureless enviorment makes the most sense unless other wises stated in the objective, becuase it give neither side an land advantage.

no you clearly do, I read them as well, as does srank and many other like digi. Non of us agree with how you few him to be.

you believe him to.Pretty sure for most street levels and metas, an urban environment is contemplated. Otherwise the likes of Batman, Spidey and Daredevil can't swing around.

I don't agree with your account. I don't recall saying that Midnighter beats everybody. Just because I say that Midnighter beats Wolverine and can fight Gorgon, doesn't equate to me saying that Midnighter beats everybody, including Thanos and Superman. Now, it's possible that you believe that Wolverine and Gorgon beat everybody, including Darkseid and Silver Surfer, and you're applying that to my statement... and thus, Midnighter beats everybody by extension. But I never subscribed to either Wolverine/Gorgon beating everyone or espoused that Midnighter beats everyone. Originally posted by Battlehammer
then he only be able to see part of gorgon body which again would completely hinder him. So midnighter can beat gorgon who can see/read his thoughts all while he can only see slight part of his body and has to wory about stone stare........ that utterly rediculous.

when has he ever kept his stare fixed on certain part of an opponent body let a lone one of gorgon speed and skill?

and yet he never produce that type of strength ever again......it called pis my friend.

oh weight so now mid nighter 25 plus tonner? dispite the fact none of his other feat suggest anything closes to that? Midnighter has telepathic blockers installed after Midnighter got owned by a telepath. That fact was posted earlier in this thread by Digi. And frankly, I don't agree that not being able to stare a person in the eyes severely hampers the ability to fight. Especially when you have a scenario processing battle AI computer that pretty much plans out exactly how you were going to fight in advance. Good to know that you've retracted your erroneous assumption that Midnighter would be completely blind in this fight though.

Your request is like asking when has Midnighter ever dealt with Spiderman's webbing and if he hasn't, then you're concluding (fallaciously) he can't. To my knowledge, he hasn't ever fought anyone by focusing his eyes on a part of the body other than the eyes on-panel. But that doesn't necessarily preclude him from being able to. You're using a negative proof fallacy, i.e., because a premise cannot be absolutely proven true, the premise must be false.

Midnighter's feats suggest that him kicking a tank shell isn't out of the range of his durability. Getting kicked across a desert and not being knocked out for one...

Not quite sure how you made such a precise quantification. But he has curbstomped guys who were likely 25+ tonners, i.e., Gamoran super-soldier clones.

Mrblonde
Bump

Deadline
edit:

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.