Episode 8x22: Doomsday - Season Finale

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



hermione7
The Season 8 finale is currently scheduled to air on May 14.

It seems Ausiello was right - there may be some Legionnaires showing up in the finale as well.
- Spoilery details from an ET Online interview with Cassidy Freeman: "It is very hush-hush," the actress who plays she tells ET. "They only give you your scenes, but they won't tell you what is going on."
- Freeman confirmed to ET that the Justice League will be returning in the finale.
- As for who is dying: "They are not even telling us," she says. "They are holding off as long as they can who is coming back next year. The show is going into season nine. I don't know if Tess Mercer is going into season nine."
- It doesn't seem like Kara will be back after all... Laura Vandervoort is currently busy filming the pilot episode for the new ABC series V.

At least two Justice Leaguers will be returning for this episode, in addition to (of course) Clark and Oliver, who are series regulars.

---------------------------
credits to krptonsite

wow some legion and justice league.. can't wait

~JP~

~JP~
8 new photos from K-Site!

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/TRAIPB/Smallville/doomsday1.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/TRAIPB/Smallville/doomsday2.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/TRAIPB/Smallville/doomsday3.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/TRAIPB/Smallville/doomsday4.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/TRAIPB/Smallville/doomsday5.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/TRAIPB/Smallville/doomsday6.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/TRAIPB/Smallville/doomsday7.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/TRAIPB/Smallville/doomsday8.jpg

~JP~
Updated 4/30 with 8 more new photos from K-Site

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/TRAIPB/Smallville/doomsday101.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/TRAIPB/Smallville/doomsday102.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/TRAIPB/Smallville/doomsday103.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/TRAIPB/Smallville/doomsday104.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/TRAIPB/Smallville/doomsday105.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/TRAIPB/Smallville/doomsday106.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/TRAIPB/Smallville/doomsday107.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/TRAIPB/Smallville/doomsday108.jpg

CharmedGrl420
thanx JP 30 minutes new episode comes on here

buffywill07
Originally posted by hermione7
The Season 8 finale is currently scheduled to air on May 14.

It seems Ausiello was right - there may be some Legionnaires showing up in the finale as well.
- Spoilery details from an ET Online interview with Cassidy Freeman: "It is very hush-hush," the actress who plays she tells ET. "They only give you your scenes, but they won't tell you what is going on."
- Freeman confirmed to ET that the Justice League will be returning in the finale.
- As for who is dying: "They are not even telling us," she says. "They are holding off as long as they can who is coming back next year. The show is going into season nine. I don't know if Tess Mercer is going into season nine."
- It doesn't seem like Kara will be back after all... Laura Vandervoort is currently busy filming the pilot episode for the new ABC series V.

At least two Justice Leaguers will be returning for this episode, in addition to (of course) Clark and Oliver, who are series regulars.

---------------------------
credits to krptonsite

wow some legion and justice league.. can't wait

yay! Happy Dance can't wait for this ep!

Raoul
clark has to kill doomsday. that's the entire point of the damn character...

hermione7
or maybe doomsday will kill clark.. smile

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by hermione7
or maybe doomsday will kill clark.. smile

I read that..

The Pict
Originally posted by hermione7
The Season 8 finale is currently scheduled to air on May 14.

It seems Ausiello was right - there may be some Legionnaires showing up in the finale as well.
- Spoilery details from an ET Online interview with Cassidy Freeman: "It is very hush-hush," the actress who plays she tells ET. "They only give you your scenes, but they won't tell you what is going on."
- Freeman confirmed to ET that the Justice League will be returning in the finale.
- As for who is dying: "They are not even telling us," she says. "They are holding off as long as they can who is coming back next year. The show is going into season nine. I don't know if Tess Mercer is going into season nine."
- It doesn't seem like Kara will be back after all... Laura Vandervoort is currently busy filming the pilot episode for the new ABC series V.

At least two Justice Leaguers will be returning for this episode, in addition to (of course) Clark and Oliver, who are series regulars.

---------------------------
credits to krptonsite

wow some legion and justice league.. can't wait

I hope Tess comes back. The writers could have really done something with her and her assembled Meteor Freaks instead of saving them for just one episode.

~JP~
BIG FAT SPOILERY PROMO FOR THE SEASON FINALE!


http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/atv-spoiler-ale.html

Raoul
Originally posted by hermione7
or maybe doomsday will kill clark.. smile

i'm actually hoping he does.

Originally posted by ~JP~
BIG FAT SPOILERY PROMO FOR THE SEASON FINALE!


http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/atv-spoiler-ale.html

the legion? bloody hell.

they aren't supposed to interfere.

everything clark goes through is supposed to prepare him for the future...

Badabing
Originally posted by Raoul
i'm actually hoping he does.



the legion? bloody hell.

they aren't supposed to interfere.

everything clark goes through is supposed to prepare him for the future... Reported for hating! uhuh

Raoul
Originally posted by Badabing
Reported for hating! uhuh

yes, i hate stupidity. you should know that by now, seeing as i always seem to do it when you're around... awesome

hermione7
Originally posted by Raoul
i'm actually hoping he does.



best cliffhanger if that happens..

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4786/000gxak2.png


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HySDeCBceUg

hmm lois finds the legion ring.. wonder what she'll do with it..?looks like she put in on her finger..hmm

~JP~
Nicked from another board:

Raoul
Originally posted by hermione7
best cliffhanger if that happens..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HySDeCBceUg

hmm lois finds the legion ring.. wonder what she'll do with it..?looks like she put in on her finger..hmm

she'd better not.

~JP~
You keep forgetting that this show has rarely nor does it plan to always follow the mythos, hence your bitterness. I suspect that the writers will have Lois do whatever the heck they want. laughing out loud

Badabing
Originally posted by Raoul
she'd better not. Originally posted by ~JP~
You keep forgetting that this show has rarely nor does it plan to always follow the mythos, hence your bitterness. I suspect that the writers will have Lois do whatever the heck they want. laughing out loud QFT. He is bitter! biscuits

hermione7
Doomsday Webclip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01xNy_mf6sw

love rokk


DoomsDay Director`s Cut


http://cwtv.com/cw-video/smallville/...?play=416-5694

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6a0ojNH_Ro

looks cool

Raoul
Originally posted by ~JP~
You keep forgetting that this show has rarely nor does it plan to always follow the mythos, hence your bitterness. I suspect that the writers will have Lois do whatever the heck they want. laughing out loud

i'm not bitter. i'm just tired of people telling me how great welling is as clark when the clark he plays is nothing like the real one.

Darth Vicious
I thought the one dying was Chloe for sure. Seeing that trailer, thats not the case. Clark seems the one missing from the funeral scene, same as Davis. I wanna say Clark but both deaths supposedly stick for good. Its a fact that Clark and Lois already signed for next season. So, It cant be Clark. Also, I think the other person dying besides Davis is Jimmy Olsen!

~JP~
Originally posted by Raoul
i'm not bitter. i'm just tired of people telling me how great welling is as clark when the clark he plays is nothing like the real one.

But thats "the real one" as you perceive it. Someone else may see something entirely different. To each his own I think. My personal opinion is that Chris Reeve sucked as Supes. But hey thats just me. laughing out loud

Raoul
Originally posted by ~JP~
But thats "the real one" as you perceive it. Someone else may see something entirely different. To each his own I think. My personal opinion is that Chris Reeve sucked as Supes. But hey thats just me. laughing out loud

the "real one" is the one that appears in the comics every month.

dc says so, that's good enough for me.

Originally posted by Badabing
QFT. He is bitter! biscuits

you're the Khan to my Kirk...


------------------------------------


just hope in this episode we finally get to see just how powerful doomsday can be...

the problems inherent in doing the story when clark isn't well known do take away from it somewhat, imo. i don't mind them doing it differently, i think it just takes away from the emotional punch of the storyline.

any fight between Kal and Doomsday should be a major event, and if one of them doesn't die, and the fight isn't at least something of a spectacle (being the season finale too), then i think it's a waste, personally.

MysteryRidah
ENJOY THE SHOW EVERYONE AND I HOPE EVERYONE WATCHES TONIGHT smile

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I think the other person dying besides Davis is Jimmy Olsen!

big grin I called it! Happy Dance

Darth Vicious
Fringe season finale=Amazing!
Lost season finale= Awesome!
Smallville season finale= CRAP!

~JP~
Well that was largely..................UNSATISFYING! WTF was that all about? I didnt like it at all. no

Badabing
Will someone please explain to me...W...T...F...?

~JP~
Thats the general consensus over all the Smallville boards tonight.

And this just in: Jimmy as in Aaron Ashmore is not coming back.

Raoul
meh... ashmore wasn't terrible, and Jimmy's not THAT important to the mythos, never has been...

Episode was bleh. For many reasons...

BruceSkywalker
One word...Horrible

Mindset
One word...It was really incredible, don't you agree, guys?

starlock
Man.... what a huge let down,for someone like me who gave up on this show around season 3 or 4...i sure dont care nor am i excited for next season.

Darth Vicious
I sure hope they put this old dog down next season.

Entity
Okay so who else is ready for Clark to take his solitude at the fortress and let smallville go. Moving on to Oliver and Star City? Trying to still operate the justice team with Chloe while having just lost Queen Industries and nearly all his fortune.

Badabing
Originally posted by Raoul
meh... ashmore wasn't terrible, and Jimmy's not THAT important to the mythos, never has been...

Episode was bleh. For many reasons... ...
Originally posted by Mindset
One word...It was really incredible, don't you agree, guys? Shut up.
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
One word...Horrible QFT.

The Pict
WTF?! Why build Doomsday up as this world threatening villain for the majority of the season then just dispose of him off-screen? Incredibly disappointing. Who the **** thought that was a good idea? Seriously, seriously disappointed. The season ended with a whimper rather than a bang when it could have ended with a massive, destructive fight between Clark and Doomsday. Kinda the point of DD tbh. Causing destruction and trying (and succeeding) to kill Superman. Arrrgh....well pissed off.

Just before Doomsday knocked Clark across a city block did anyone else think he said Superman? Thought that's what I heard.

Edit: At the end of the episode that was Davis coming out of the ground, right?

Raoul
Originally posted by Badabing
...
Shut up.
QFT.

He isn't. He gets more prominence in Tv shows than he does in the comics. Comics will go three or four years with maybe half a dozen issues out of that 30 or 40 that might focus on jimmy a little.

i don't care anyways, i'm just saying that if they think the "mythos police" actually care that much about jimmy, well...

Originally posted by The Pict
WTF?! Why build Doomsday up as this world threatening villain for the majority of the season then just dispose of him off-screen? Incredibly disappointing. Who the **** thought that was a good idea? Seriously, seriously disappointed. The season ended with a whimper rather than a bang when it could have ended with a massive, destructive fight between Clark and Doomsday. Kinda the point of DD tbh. Causing destruction and trying (and succeeding) to kill Superman. Arrrgh....well pissed off.

Just before Doomsday knocked Clark across a city block did anyone else think he said Superman? Thought that's what I heard.

Edit: At the end of the episode that was Davis coming out of the ground, right?

i thought it was Zod?

Mindset
Originally posted by Badabing

Shut up.
That's not nice.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Raoul




i thought it was Zod?

Me too. I dont think Davis will be back. Doomsday was a complete disappointment.

Raoul
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Me too. I dont think Davis will be back. Doomsday was a complete disappointment.

yup.

~JP~
Originally posted by The Pict

Edit: At the end of the episode that was Davis coming out of the ground, right?

It's Zod being played by the actor that played Davis this year. Who I personally thought was a no talent hack but hey, that's just me. laughing out loud

hermione7
lois is gone... in 3009..less screen time on erica..huhu
so many fanfics are popping out bec. of that smile

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by ~JP~
It's Zod being played by the actor that played Davis this year. Who I personally thought was a no talent hack but hey, that's just me. laughing out loud

Source?

The Pict
Originally posted by Raoul



i thought it was Zod?

Yeah that's what I thought when I saw the symbol on the ground, but I wasn't if it was supposed to be Zod himself or if Zod was resurrecting Davis through the Orb/Kandor.

Raoul
zod again? jeez, talk about recycling...

there are PLENTY of superman villains they could use...

Entity
Originally posted by Raoul
zod again? jeez, talk about recycling...

there are PLENTY of superman villains they could use... Yea but so few that can actually put up a fight! lol

Only like a tenth of Supes villain's are comparable in power.

Raoul
Originally posted by Entity
Yea but so few that can actually put up a fight! lol

Only like a tenth of Supes villain's are comparable in power.

it's smallville. if he even looks at kryptonite he keels over.

The Pict
Ahh....I'm stilled pissed about Doomsday. The character who first kills Superman "beaten" Off-screen sad

Originally posted by Raoul
it's smallville. if he even looks at kryptonite he keels over.

laughing out loud

Yeah as powerful as Clark is the show has totally scaled down his powers (understandably) and pretty much any villain from the comics could be used in the show as this seasons villain.

Neo_Version 7
The only upside in this episode was I thought Clark had finally learned how to fly. What a disappointment.

And seriously, Zod again? And since Lois is in the future, we're stuck with nobody nice to look at.

That being said, I've grown accustomed to being disappointed with Smallville finales. Anyone remember last season's monstrosity?

The Pict
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
The only upside in this episode was I thought Clark had finally learned how to fly. What a disappointment.

And seriously, Zod again? And since Lois is in the future, we're stuck with nobody nice to look at.

That being said, I've grown accustomed to being disappointed with Smallville finales. Anyone remember last season's monstrosity?

Oh yeah. That's when Lex "defeated" Clark by making him fall over and then the Fortress of Solitude fell apart and Lex was completely neutered as a villain.

I almost wish they had brought back Lex properly with a different actor. Building him as Clark's nemesis for 7 seasons, painting a darkness in Lex that grew with each series, to just turn him into a half burnt, computer voice was terrible sad

Raoul
Originally posted by The Pict
Oh yeah. That's when Lex "defeated" Clark by making him fall over and then the Fortress of Solitude fell apart and Lex was completely neutered as a villain.

I almost wish they had brought back Lex properly with a different actor. Building him as Clark's nemesis for 7 seasons, painting a darkness in Lex that grew with each series, to just turn him into a half burnt, computer voice was terrible sad

this is what happens when you market a show at teenage girls (and bada).

Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
The only upside in this episode was I thought Clark had finally learned how to fly. What a disappointment.

And seriously, Zod again? And since Lois is in the future, we're stuck with nobody nice to look at.

That being said, I've grown accustomed to being disappointed with Smallville finales. Anyone remember last season's monstrosity?

i was thinking that too, but i can see them explaining it away as a super leap...

~JP~
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Source?

MY EYES! You couldnt tell that was Sam Witwer?

Raoul
Originally posted by ~JP~
MY EYES! You couldnt tell that was Sam Witwer?

if that's true, this guy is never getting typecast... crashdown, vader's apprentice, doomsday, and now zod? yeesh...

Mindset
Originally posted by Raoul
this is what happens when you market a show at teenage girls (and bada).
Why did you make a distinction, same thing really. stick out tongue

I really don't want to see Zod back, I'd rather have Brainiac.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by ~JP~
MY EYES! You couldnt tell that was Sam Witwer?

Nope, I couldnt Then again I try not to look directly at naked guys. Its like an eclipse, Its bad for ur eyes! As far as the "Z".\, we all assuming its Zod again, Its probably Zor-El coming back.

Badabing
Originally posted by Raoul
this is what happens when you market a show at teenage girls (and bada).



i was thinking that too, but i can see them explaining it away as a super leap... GTFO hater! Go somewhere else. uhuh

Raoul
Originally posted by Badabing
GTFO hater! Go somewhere else. uhuh

i'd rather be a hater than someone who SINGS the theme tune.

~JP~
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Nope, I couldnt Then again I try not to look directly at naked guys. Its like an eclipse, Its bad for ur eyes! As far as the "Z".\, we all assuming its Zod again, Its probably Zor-El coming back.

Well there's also this picture that someone posted at TRA. Note the picture of Sam Witwer on the desk behind the toolbox. Looks a whole lot like Zod to me.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1313/zodk.jpg
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/zodk.jpg/1/w1024.png

Badabing
Originally posted by Raoul
i'd rather be a hater than someone who SINGS the theme tune. Somebody saaaaaaave Raaaooouuulll, I don't care how they do it.....

The Big O
was sam naked? idungetit

Badabing
Originally posted by The Big O
was sam naked? idungetit Raoul wishes.

Mindset
laughing out loud

Raoul
Originally posted by Badabing
Raoul wishes.

projecting, much?

Badabing
Originally posted by Raoul
projecting, much? No, relaying what you actually said on messenger:

Raoul says:
i wish sam was naked.

erm

Raoul
Originally posted by Badabing
No, relaying what you actually said on messenger:

Raoul says:
i wish sam was naked.

erm

wow.

the least you could have done was post something i actually said and twisted it around, but no...

Badabing
Originally posted by Raoul
wow.

the least you could have done was post something i actually said and twisted it around, but no... laughing out loud

badawe


Anyway, Raoul has derailed this thread enough and I won't enable him anymore! uhuh

stick out tongue


Seriously, the finale` failed big time.

Neo_Version 7
Judging from your responses, it failed in filling its nude guys quota.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.