Violet (Ultraviolet) vs. John Preston.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
They both fight on the bridge/rooftop thingy that Violet had to go on to get past that Asian gang.

Violet and John are Armed with maximum weaponry. Violet walks in with her "extradimensional" ammo and guns, and Preston has his secret reloader and Katana.

Violet mistakes John for an agent of Daxus, coming to take Six away to use him to destroy all of the hemophages.

John is the "zone" he was in when he took out all the Father's (DuPont) men at the end of the movie. I guess you could say he thinks she was the one behind DuPont and is the real "father" of the Tetragrammaton Council.

This is too the death.

No mercy from either side.

I think Violet wins this because of her feats.

What say ye?

Mairuzu
Preston can take her, she took way to long to take out that asian gang, preston did something like that.... but better, and in the dark

but seriously, this looks way too even

jinXed by JaNx
Can't violet pull weapons out of her ass or somethin? yeah, i say she wins.

Mairuzu
I never really watched the movie, looked like shit.

But ive seen some videos, are her pistols specially made or what? the ones that shoot out the ultraviolet or whatever

jaden101
I watched the fight scenes from Ultraviolet. She'd get stomped.

Rogue Jedi
Ultraviolet pwns.

dadudemon
Damn, it looks like we need to post up vids.

I'll do that later since I started this thread.

I'm with Mairuzu in that it's very very even. I am giving it to Violet only because she has super human abilities in the form of strength, reaction time, and agility. Does she have a healing factor as well?

Rogue Jedi
Yup. And bewbz.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by dadudemon
Damn, it looks like we need to post up vids.

I'll do that later since I started this thread.

I'm with Mairuzu in that it's very very even. I am giving it to Violet only because she has super human abilities in the form of strength, reaction time, and agility. Does she have a healing factor as well? t6B1XLLA_Tw&feature=related

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I never really watched the movie, looked like shit.

But ive seen some videos, are her pistols specially made or what? the ones that shoot out the ultraviolet or whatever

I've tried to forget that movie. She had some device that allowed her make weapons out of thin air or something confused somthin like that wink

Mairuzu
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I've tried to forget that movie. She had some device that allowed her make weapons out of thin air or something confused somthin like that wink oh thats just lame

Rogue Jedi
Nah, it was badass.

Robtard
Preston wins, she'd never hit him with that gunkata sytle.

omgchos
UV wasn't that bad..... it was just filmed REALLY wierd.
Preston would win tho because, as iv'e said on other threads w/john preston, He can predict were a person will take their shots from, and hit them first. And as for hand to hand combat, They might be equal, but i still give it to preston cuz he has been conditioned to shut out pain and interference since he was a kid.

dadudemon
Well, this is good. I didn't think people would select Preston.

3_Twk8vpL7s

HOLY SHIT! I forgot how badass this movie was. Violet wins this shit.

Watch starting at about 3:19. That is Preston's Gun gun kata style on steroids.

Robtard
That wasn't gunkata, she was just shooting a bunch of fools (while performance rave-dance-like hand movements) who were charging her, instead of just shooting her. Preston's opponents at least had the sense to shoot their guns.

Unless she can dodge bullets or avoid them like Preston, she's getting shot in the head, knee and anus; in that order.

Rogue Jedi
Well, this is good. I didn't think people would select Preston.

3_Twk8vpL7s

HOLY SHIT! I forgot how badass this movie was. Violet wins this shit.

Watch starting at about 3:19. That is Preston's Gun gun kata style on steroids. yes Landslide.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
That wasn't gunkata, she was just shooting a bunch of fools (while performance rave-dance-like hand movements) who were charging her, instead of just shooting her. Preston's opponents at least had the sense to shoot their guns.

I agree. And the foes that Preston were fighting were the best in the world at what they do. Based on how the movie is outlined, the people Preston fought were not only the best in the world, but they were trained with "future" computing technologies that maximized training and combat technique.

This is why I think the fight is much closer.

Violet DID fight some of the world's best genetically engineered and trained soldiers, however, I would put the "cannon fodder" in Preston's world on a higher level.

Now, once we cross over into the Vampires that Violet fought, that's a different story. The vampires Violet fought are supposed to be stronger and faster than any human (special or otherwise.) She handed their asses to them and she fought a whole room of them. This is why I give her the edge over Preston. That...and Violet did the whole "gun gata" style on the people on the roof, faster, and seemingly more efficient than Preston. This is why I say she is the better "gunsman".

However, you made a good point below that could change things.

Unless she can dodge bullets or avoid them like Preston, she's getting shot in the head, knee and anus; in that order.

You jest, but this could be a very good point.

I will have to rent and watch Ultraviolet on blu-ray on my 52" LCD 1080p 120hz TV (lulz, I couldn't resist) to review for "bullet dodging" feats that measure up to Preston's or are in the general vicinity.

I don't want to say that Violet is better at hand to hand...they look even sometimes, and others, Preston looks better. But, yeah, Violet looks better most of the time.

Nephthys
Superhuman beats peakhuman. This fight would be all kinds of epic though.

Mairuzu
That...and Violet did the whole "gun gata" style on the people on the roof, faster, and seemingly more efficient than Preston. This is why I say she is the better "gunsman".
To be fair, she was doing to enemies that were in front of her, preston has done it to people surrounding him all over.

(thats just that roof top part though, ive never seen the whole movie)

Mairuzu
To be honest...

id rather see these two bone each other while taking out other enemies like on 'shoot em up'

dadudemon
To be fair, she was doing to enemies that were in front of her, preston has done it to people surrounding him all over.

(thats just that roof top part though, ive never seen the whole movie)

She fought sword wielding Vampires, from all over. She fought, at the beginning of that film, all of those black suited/armored fellas in the library...from all over.

Also, her fighting style was more H2H and gun than Preston's.

Basically, Violet is Preston except, stronger, faster, and sexier.

Mairuzu
they looked like normal human to me, but she must be stronger.

Rogue Jedi
Ultraviolet says "Me so horny baby, me sucky sucky."

Preston gets a raging boner and faps to death.

Indo story.

Mairuzu
Preston faps it into her mouth and she chokes to death

dadudemon
Preston faps it into her mouth and she chokes to death

Anti-quitsies.

Rogue Jedi
Violet lets Preston have his way with her, pulls out a boomstick and blows his head off.

Mairuzu
Preston doesn't care.

GET IT!? GET IT!?

XanatosForever
Preston doesn't care.

GET IT!? GET IT!?

shifty I c whut u did thar.

I say Violet wins, for reasons already stated, and on the basis that Milla Jovovich is so much sexier than Christian Bale. Sorry Bats, I am a proud Milla fanboy. stick out tongue

Mairuzu
I don't find her attractive one bit erm

XanatosForever
No u.

Seriously though, if that's your opinion, power to you. I've been a fan of her since Fifth Element.

Mairuzu
She looked semi decent in resident evil 1 but that movie sucked

she just reminds me of a girl i really really dislike so that could be another reason, and i like big boobies

XanatosForever
She looked semi decent in resident evil 1 but that movie sucked

she just reminds me of a girl i really really dislike so that could be another reason, and i like big boobies

Indeed, that could have something to with it. stick out tongue

Mairuzu
Yea, my girlfriends cousin, total *****, totally hate her.

XanatosForever
Yea, my girlfriends cousin, total *****, totally hate her.

Ouch. I feel for ya, man. Maybe we should take this to the off-topic thread, though. Kinda spammin' the vs. now, y'know? >.>

Mairuzu
I'll agree that she will beat him in h2h because of her super strength. (I guess)

In a gun battle, i still believe that john can woop her ass, his reaction time seemed to be a little better than hers

jinXed by JaNx
oh thats just lame

That's what i thought too but i also thought the entire movie was a bucket of turds other than MJ smile

SoulDevourer
LOL your kidding right?

Ultraviolet wins against WAY worse odds. wtf she defeats hundreds of guys with guns without breaking a sweat. this ridiculous. its allmost like bullets dodge her lol
gun kata in Equilibrium was unrealistic but Ultraviolet is beyond unrealistic

basicly Preston is real good, but Ultraviolet is magic big grin

dadudemon
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
LOL your kidding right?

Ultraviolet wins against WAY worse odds. wtf she defeats hundreds of guys with guns without breaking a sweat. this ridiculous. its allmost like bullets dodge her lol
gun kata in Equilibrium was unrealistic but Ultraviolet is beyond unrealistic

basicly Preston is real good, but Ultraviolet is magic big grin

True. That asian gang is supposed to be hemophages too, right? That would put them better than the guards Preston fought. (Better reflexes, strength, speed, etc.)

Again, I've only seen the movie once...so I could be wrong.

But, yeah, her defeating that hemophage gang when surrounded by them was a much better feat than Prestong taking out the worlds best trained military forces. This is my opinion...considering hemophage "ability".

SoulDevourer
True. That asian gang is supposed to be hemophages too, right? That would put them better than the guards Preston fought. (Better reflexes, strength, speed, etc.)

Again, I've only seen the movie once. yup plus she wuz surrounded by any more enemys in that scene AND they all had there guns pointed at her

actually ima rephrase what i said : Preston is magic, but Ultraviolet is metamagic (magic even to magic) big grin

Mairuzu
i like how you title says "Moderator"

Rogue Jedi

But, yeah, her defeating that hemophage gang when surrounded by them was a much better feat than Prestong taking out the worlds best trained military forces. This is my opinion...considering hemophage "ability". Plus Violet has a nice ass. Very splooge worthy.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Plus Violet has a nice ass. Very splooge worthy.

laughing

How YOU doin' Mila? wink

omgchos

But, yeah, her defeating that hemophage gang when surrounded by them was a much better feat than Prestong taking out the worlds best trained military forces. This is my opinion...considering hemophage "ability".
They weren't hemophages..... what gave you that impression. They were just some gang.

dadudemon
Originally posted by omgchos
They weren't hemophages..... what gave you that impression. They were just some gang.

The impression was....

I've seen the movie once. no expression

Rogue Jedi
Wait, was it implied that the Asians are just human?

Rogue Jedi
laughing

How YOU doin' Mila? wink

Milla: "I'm doing RJ, baby.....he's doin' it like this, he's doin' it like that, he's doin' it with a wiffle ball bat." big grin

omgchos
Wait, was it implied that the Asians are just human?
Well i would assume that if they were hemophages they might have been in cahoots with the other hemophages in the building. Instead of them being like separate organizations. The head "vamp" even told his crony to let the gang know that they would pay them if they killed her. Plus you'd figure if they were hemo's they might have been better shots.

Mairuzu
The impression was....

I've seen the movie once. no expression HAHAHAHAH

hell, not even i have

ive only seen chos watch the movie, then ending at least

and some youtube clips

Rogue Jedi
Well i would assume that if they were hemophages they might have been in cahoots with the other hemophages in the building. Instead of them being like separate organizations. The head "vamp" even told his crony to let the gang know that they would pay them if they killed her. Plus you'd figure if they were hemo's they might have been better shots. Exactly, "Give them whatever they want." Seems the asian gang demanded respect, even fear. Why would a hemophage boss be afraid of them if they were mere humans? Why would he feel the need to pay them off? Why didnt he and his men pursue Violet themselves?

Doesnt make sense, why he would feel the need to give human men "whatever thy want?"

omgchos
Exactly, "Give them whatever they want." Seems the asian gang demanded respect, even fear. Why would a hemophage boss be afraid of them if they were mere humans? Why would he feel the need to pay them off? Why didnt he and his men pursue Violet themselves?

Doesnt make sense, why he would feel the need to give human men "whatever thy want?"
What you're forgetting is violet is trained. Hemophages don't change and then all of the sudden become ultimate. This isn't lost boys where he wasn't even full vampire and he could fly around the room matching blows with keifer. They gain a little speed and strength. Its not like an army of asian gangsters wouldn't scare them a bit. And who says it was fear. Maybe he just wanted to make sure they didn't cut a deal with violet to let her go. Like i said before. Most of the hemophages are on the same side. So why would he need to pay them to kill violet if all he had to do was tell them that the kid had the hemophage antogen and could kill them all.Even tho the antogen was a human one, tho unbeknownst to thema t the time. Everything points to them being human.

Mr. Rhythmic
Nah, it was badass.

It was lame.

And John Preston wins. Violet was good, but John was a force of nature.

Rogue Jedi
What you're forgetting is violet is trained. Hemophages don't change and then all of the sudden become ultimate. This isn't lost boys where he wasn't even full vampire and he could fly around the room matching blows with keifer. They gain a little speed and strength. Its not like an army of asian gangsters wouldn't scare them a bit. And who says it was fear. Maybe he just wanted to make sure they didn't cut a deal with violet to let her go. Like i said before. Most of the hemophages are on the same side. So why would he need to pay them to kill violet if all he had to do was tell them that the kid had the hemophage antogen and could kill them all.Even tho the antogen was a human one, tho unbeknownst to thema t the time. Everything points to them being human. Trained....

You are forgetting the scene where Violet escapes with 6. I am watching it now.

Nerva's Henchman tells him that She went up.

Nerva says So go after her.

Nerva's henchman says The BLOOD CHINOIS control the top ten floors of this building.

Nerva says Give them whatever they want.

http://shanghaiist.com/2006/05/16/ultraviolet.php

As well, the only Chinese in the film are a group of hybrid vampire gangsters called the Blood Chinois - all of whom are killed by the protagonist.

BUT, she tells them "You aren't Archministry, you aren't even Vampire." Looks like at the very least, they are altered humans. Not human, but not Vampire.

And also, what you said about Violet being "Trained", well, the scene where Daxus and Nerva face off, Daxus says "Go night vision, take them apart." Nerva and his three cronies pwn like half a dozen fully armed soldiers. Now, if they can do that to regular men, "trained" men, why didn't they just pursue Violet themselves and pwn the Blood Chinois? I'll tell you why, it's because the Blood Chinois were not human, they were too much for Nerva to deal with, that's why he bribed them.

dadudemon
Trained....

Nerva's henchman says The BLOOD CHINOIS control the top ten floors of this building.

As well, the only Chinese in the film are a group of hybrid vampire gangsters called the Blood Chinois - all of whom are killed by the protagonist.

BUT, she tells them "You aren't Archministry, you aren't even Vampire." Looks like at the very least, they are altered humans. Not human, but not Vampire.

And also, what you said about Violet being "Trained", well, the scene where Daxus and Nerva face off, Daxus says "Go night vision, take them apart." Nerva and his three cronies pwn like half a dozen fully armed soldiers. Now, if they can do that to regular men, "trained" men, why didn't they just pursue Violet themselves and pwn the Blood Chinois? I'll tell you why, it's because the Blood Chinois were not human, they were too much for Nerva to deal with, that's why he bribed them.

Ahh. Okay. That makes sense now. It makes sense because I could not understand what the big deal was about that gang and why Violet seemed a little apprehensive about the meeting with those people...also, why the leader dude seemed so confident against one of the, if not the, most uber hemophage.

Hybrids are a combination of human and hemophage...obviously. Probaby not as uber as a hemophage, but they probably live longer than a hemophage.

Rogue Jedi
Ahh. Okay. That makes sense now. It makes sense because I could not understand what the big deal was about that gang and why Violet seemed a little apprehensive about the meeting with those people...also, why the leader dude seemed so confident against one of the, if not the, most uber hemophage.

Hybrids are a combination of human and hemophage...obviously. Probaby not as uber as a hemophage, but they probably live longer than a hemophage. And stronger, faster, dangerous as hell, or Nerva would not have feared them.

omgchos
Trained....

U are just like my friend. You think every "review" site or info site that someone makes about a movie is completely true. U said it yourself. She said they weren't vampires. Therfore they WERENT vampires. There was absolutely no mention in the movie of slightly altered humans. They were either hemophages or you were human.
There were however varying degrees of vampires as supported by Daxus saying that violet underwent the change with "only mild light sensitivity". Which means that Nerva and his cronys that killed those guys in the dark merely had the same advantage as daxus against violet. So if they aren't vampires than they are human. When she says "you aren't arch ministry" she doesn't mean human, not all the humans there were arch ministry. She meant that .....
(A)"You aren't arch ministry"They weren't out to get the package she just stole from the arch ministry. Which is y she said it.
(B)"You aren't even vampire"They didn't need to kill the kid, because he had a vampire antogen. Which means it didn't matter to them if the antogen got released. Otherwise payment wouldn't have been neccesary.(at least that was the belief at the time).
Her Quotes prove everything for me. And the fact that she dispatched them so easily. I know she was good. But if they were hybrids then they wouldv'e been just a lil less stupid.

dadudemon
And stronger, faster, dangerous as hell, or Nerva would not have feared them.

Oh no, you're absolutely correct. There is no debating this anymore. Those gangsters on the roof were far from being push overs. This just solidifies my point, earlier, that Violet defeated better than peak human. She whooped da ass of people that were much better than the guys John took out. She also beat an entire group of Hemophages, with a sword.

Hemophages > humans....except for life span.

Now, John defeated who I would think is the second best "fighting" human. Brandt, though not as awesome as John, was certainly pretty damn close to peak human in ability. When John was pissed, he handled Brandt like a b****.

Now, on another note, is it possible that hybrids are better than Hemophages, in general? Like Blade?

What did the novel say about this? The novel, I hear, explained much of the missing pieces in the film that were cut out due to time. IMDB compaints seem to be about plot holes in the film, or lack of backstory that is there in the novel.

Rogue Jedi
U are just like my friend. You think every "review" site or info site that someone makes about a movie is completely true. U said it yourself. She said they weren't vampires. Therfore they WERENT vampires. There was absolutely no mention in the movie of slightly altered humans. They were either hemophages or you were human.
There were however varying degrees of vampires as supported by Daxus saying that violet underwent the change with "only mild light sensitivity". Which means that Nerva and his cronys that killed those guys in the dark merely had the same advantage as daxus against violet. So if they aren't vampires than they are human. When she says "you aren't arch ministry" she doesn't mean human, not all the humans there were arch ministry. She meant that .....
(A)"You aren't arch ministry"They weren't out to get the package she just stole from the arch ministry. Which is y she said it.
(B)"You aren't even vampire"They didn't need to kill the kid, because he had a vampire antogen. Which means it didn't matter to them if the antogen got released. Otherwise payment wouldn't have been neccesary.(at least that was the belief at the time).
Her Quotes prove everything for me. And the fact that she dispatched them so easily. I know she was good. But if they were hybrids then they wouldv'e been just a lil less stupid. Then tell me, why did Nerva fear the Blood Chinois? And why are they called the "Blood" Chinois? Why didn't Nerva and his men just kill them and get 6 themselves? Hmm? Nerva and his men, who, by themselves, took out haf a dozen TRAINED soldiers in the blink of an eye?

Also, Daxus took out Nerva's men in the blink of an eye. But then Violet beat Daxus. What does that tell you? That Violet is the cream of the crop, that no one can touch her.

omgchos
Oh no, you're absolutely correct. There is no debating this anymore. Those gangsters on the roof were far from being push overs. This just solidifies my point, earlier, that Violet defeated better than peak human. She whooped da ass of people that were much better than the guys John took out. She also beat an entire group of Hemophages, with a sword.

Hemophages > humans....except for life span.

Now, John defeated who I would think is the second best "fighting" human. Brandt, though not as awesome as John, was certainly pretty damn close to peak human in ability. When John was pissed, he handled Brandt like a b****.

Now, on another note, is it possible that hybrids are better than Hemophages, in general? Like Blade?

What did the novel say about this? The novel, I hear, explained much of the missing pieces in the film that were cut out due to time. IMDB compaints seem to be about plot holes in the film, or lack of backstory that is there in the novel.
Read my post. There are no such things as hybrids in ultraviolet. They were just a shitload of asian gangsters. He wasn't afraid of them he just wanted to make sure violet didn't cut a deal with them. They were more afraid of violet than a bunch of humans. Which Violet and the gangsters combined would have killed all the hemos.

omgchos
Then tell me, why did Nerva fear the Blood Chinois? And why are they called the "Blood" Chinois? Why didn't Nerva and his men just kill them and get 6 themselves? Hmm? Nerva and his men, who, by themselves, took out haf a dozen TRAINED soldiers in the blink of an eye?

Also, Daxus took out Nerva's men in the blink of an eye. But then Violet beat Daxus. What does that tell you? That Violet is the cream of the crop, that no one can touch her.
12 trained soldiers is not an army of humans. Not all hemos are pwnage. Some yes. But you just proved my point. Maybe just him and a couple of his henchmen are as well trained. I never said violet wasn't uber pwnage. My point is that the gangsters arent vamps, or hybrids, but HUMAN.

Rogue Jedi
Read my post. There are no such things as hybrids in ultraviolet. They were just a shitload of asian gangsters. He wasn't afraid of them he just wanted to make sure violet didn't cut a deal with them. They were more afraid of violet than a bunch of humans. Which Violet and the gangsters combined would have killed all the hemos.

Afraid they would cut a deal with her? I'm sorry, did she attempt a deal with them? Nope. All she said was "let me pass."

What did Violet have to offer them? Nerva has money and power, Violet has shit.

omgchos
Afraid they would cut a deal with her? I'm sorry, did she attempt a deal with them? Nope. All she said was "let me pass."

What did Violet have to offer them? Nerva has money and power, Violet has shit.
OMG i said they thought she might. I never said she tried. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Rogue Jedi
12 trained soldiers is not an army of humans. Not all hemos are pwnage. Some yes. But you just proved my point. Maybe just him and a couple of his henchmen are as well trained. I never said violet wasn't uber pwnage. My point is that the gangsters arent vamps, or hybrids, but HUMAN. I proved your point? Right......

BLOOD CHINOIS...........BLOOD......Why are they called Blood Chinois? And you still haven't answered why Nerva didn't pursue Violet himself. If Violet could take nerva and his men, then why did she run? Because they were all hemophages and she would have been killed, they were that well trained, not just regular hemophages. Nerva and his men, IF the Chinois were human, could have killed them in nanoseconds and gotten Violet back, but they didnt, because the Chinoic were too dangerous. Why were the Chinois so dangerous? Survey says......................................THEY WERENT HUMAN.

Rogue Jedi
OMG i said they thought she might. I never said she tried. Stop putting words in my mouth. Nerva knew Violet inside and out, he knew what she could and couldnt do. Her striking a deal with the Chinois never factored into Nervas decision to bribe them, he bribed them because they outnumbered Nerva and his men and would have pwned them, or at least stood a good chance to do so.

dadudemon
OMG i said they thought she might. I never said she tried. Stop putting words in my mouth.

I ain't buyin' that they were mere humans. That makes no sense. It totally doesn't fit into the plot. Why would violet be afraid of a bunch of lame ass human gangsters and why would they control stories in a building that also had a gang of hemophages? How could those "humans" have power over a gang of phages enough to make them everything short of scared shitless of them? Makes no sense unless they were not mere humans.

I think this would all be clear if we knew what the novel stated around this. Apparantly, there's tons of missing shit from the movie that gets explained in the novel.

Rogue Jedi
I ain't buyin' that they were mere humans. That makes no sense. It totally doesn't fit into the plot. Why would violet be afraid of a bunch of lame ass human gangsters and why would they control stories in a building that also had a gang of hemophages? How could those "humans" have power over a gang of phages enough to make them everything short of scared shitless of them? Makes no sense unless they were not mere humans.

I think this would all be clear if we knew what the novel stated around this. Apparantly, there's tons of missing shit from the movie that gets explained in the novel. EXACTLY.....Why did she drop her gun if they were human? Why not just tear through them from the get go if they were but mere mortals? Why? I'll tell you why. Because she knew they were badasses, NOT humans, plain and simple. The fact that she uberpwned their asses is irrelevant.

dadudemon
EXACTLY.....Why did she drop her gun if they were human? Why not just tear through them from the get go if they were but mere mortals? Why? I'll tell you why. Because she knew they were badasses, NOT humans, plain and simple. The fact that she uberpwned their asses is irrelevant.

She was nervous about it and she even took some damage. It wasn't like she uberly pwned them...just dodged with style while allowing them to take each other out.

Rogue Jedi
"Violet was gonna strike a deal with them".......haermm

What was she gonna do, give them all hemo head?

dadudemon
"Violet was gonna strike a deal with them".......haermm

What was she gonna do, give them all hemo head?

lulz

omgchos
Look iv'e prooved my point. I mean i could make up stuff that was never mentioned once in the movie. Like they were hybrids. And if violet was so afraid y did she run up there. And who says they didn't have a truce with the hemos. Like some kind of armistice. Respect goes a long way. And how do u know what violet had up her sleeve. She could have lots and lots of money, which is why he said give them anything, so no matter what violet offered them they would get more. And are you saying the Bloods, the modern day gang, are vampires cuz they call themselves bloods. That logic is flawed. They could call themselves blood chinois for many reasons. Chinois itself means chinamen. And if they were so afraid of them they have misplaced their fear. They didn't even put up a fight. Violet got wounded just fighting a roomfull of humans with swords. So by your logic ultimate feared hybrids = a bunch of guys who kill each other with their own guns and dont scratch her, and 20 or so humans with swords = Violet hurting herself cuz she has no choice but to block some swords with her hands. Damn these vampires must be retarted for fearing these hybrids. OR they just had a mutual agreement not to kill each other. And if he "knew what violet could and could not do"..... Then y did he think he'd have to pay the gang to do what he wanted. Why not say let her go the blood chinois are gonna pwn her anyway. Nope lets pay them money to die. So lets think about this for a second.
First, violet gets away, cuz shes good at getting away.
Second, his henchman tells him the blood chinois control the top floors, so he says give them whatever they want.
Third, Violet gets up there and says they aren't vampires, or arch ministry, which was meant to imply that they had no reason to be surrounding her.
Last, she pwns them without a scratch.

If they were hybrids that were supposedly uber pwnage this is how it would have gone down.

First, Violet escapes, heading downstairs this time, cuz heading upstairs with no way out into a den of pwnage hybrids is retarted(her not knowing they were there lets us know that she had never heard of them, you'd think Ultimate hybrids that vamps are afraid of woulda had more of a reputation)
Second, Nerva says eh **** it let her go get pwned, these guys aren't gonna like her on their turf.
Third, violet isnt up there because that would be retarted of her... But for arguments sake lets say she went.... She has to put up a bit more of fight because she can't pwn hybrids one minute and have trouble with 20 guys that have swords, not guns.

Rogue Jedi
Look iv'e prooved my point. I mean i could make up stuff that was never mentioned once in the movie. Like they were hybrids. And if violet was so afraid y did she run up there. And who says they didn't have a truce with the hemos. Like some kind of armistice. Respect goes a long way. And how do u know what violet had up her sleeve. She could have lots and lots of money, which is why he said give them anything, so no matter what violet offered them they would get more. And are you saying the Bloods, the modern day gang, are vampires cuz they call themselves bloods. That logic is flawed. They could call themselves blood chinois for many reasons. Chinois itself means chinamen. And if they were so afraid of them they have misplaced their fear. They didn't even put up a fight. Violet got wounded just fighting a roomfull of humans with swords. So by your logic ultimate feared hybrids = a bunch of guys who kill each other with their own guns and dont scratch her, and 20 or so humans with swords = Violet hurting herself cuz she has no choice but to block some swords with her hands. Damn these vampires must be retarted for fearing these hybrids. OR they just had a mutual agreement not to kill each other. And if he "knew what violet could and could not do"..... Then y did he think he'd have to pay the gang to do what he wanted. Why not say let her go the blood chinois are gonna pwn her anyway. Nope lets pay them money to die. So lets think about this for a second.
First, violet gets away, cuz shes good at getting away.
Second, his henchman tells him the blood chinois control the top floors, so he says give them whatever they want.
Third, Violet gets up there and says they aren't vampires, or arch ministry, which was meant to imply that they had no reason to be surrounding her.
Last, she pwns them without a scratch.

If they were hybrids that were supposedly uber pwnage this is how it would have gone down.

First, Violet escapes, heading downstairs this time, cuz heading upstairs with no way out into a den of pwnage hybrids is retarted(her not knowing they were there lets us know that she had never heard of them, you'd think Ultimate hybrids that vamps are afraid of woulda had more of a reputation)
Second, Nerva says eh **** it let her go get pwned, these guys aren't gonna like her on their turf.
Third, violet isnt up there because that would be retarted of her... But for arguments sake lets say she went.... She has to put up a bit more of fight because she can't pwn hybrids one minute and have trouble with 20 guys that have swords, not guns. Dude, Violet has 6, who is like the most important and valuable person in existence. He is the key to wiping out the hemophages. You telling me that Nerva chose not to pursue Violet and 6 and said "**** it let her get pwned?"

Get real, anyone in Nerva's shoes would tear through the Blood Chinois (IF they were human) and pursued Violet themselves. But they WEREN'T human. Case closed.

So Chinois means Chinamen, but why BLOOD Chinamen? Still waiting on an answer there.

omgchos
If you read my post i answered that already. And y do u only use two pieces of evidence to support your arguments. U keep repeating that they call themselves Blood China men. U know i could call myself skippy. It doesn't make me jar of peanut butter. The other thing you keep repeating is that Nerva was afraid of them. I saw nothing to indicate fear. I saw him tell the guy to offer them money to apprehend violet. If he had just ripped through them violet would probably have escaped. At the very least it would have provided her a good distraction to facilitate an escape. On the other hand he could just pay them and hope they got lucky. It wasn't the gang he was afraid of. It was violet. But he had to try. Again i say, how can a rooftop full of hybrid pwnage, get killed without violet even laying a hand on them. They were so stupid that they killed each other. Then she faces 20 humans with swords and has a less than easy time dispatching them. This logic is flawed. You're assigning a title to a bunch of pushovers, that makes them out to be something that was not once mentioned in the movie. Then you go as far to say that these hemos were afraid of them simply because they paid them. Lets say u were a vampire and u were chasing an even more pwnage vampire, that would most likely kill you if you cornered him. Then this vamp runs into a neighborhood controlled by a plethora of gun wielding gangsters. Would you pay them on the off chance that they get lucky(strength in numbers maybe), or would you run in there and hope you could pwn hundreds of gangsters on your way up, while pursuing an ultimate vampire that would probably use the insuing chaos to escape. Answer me that, cuz iv'e answered your questions a couple of times.

Rogue Jedi
If you read my post i answered that already. And y do u only use two pieces of evidence to support your arguments. U keep repeating that they call themselves Blood China men. U know i could call myself skippy. It doesn't make me jar of peanut butter. Why would a group of mortal men, in such a society as in the movie, call themselves the Blood Chinois? Think about that. Hemophages were greatly discriminated against, hunted and killed. For a gang to assume a title that implies they might be hemophages is suicide, it is the epitome of stupidity.

Hoped they got lucky? Dude, thats crap. Nerva could have just as quickly made his way to the top floor with his men, ripped through the Chinois, and apprehended Violet, IF the Chinois were mortal men. You are ignoring how valuable 6 was, and that entrusting a bunch of mortal asians to apprehend Violet was a sure loss.

He knew that the Chinois, who are neither mortal nor hemophage, would have a good chance of capturing her, that's why he bribed them to apprehend/kill her. Placing his trust in the hands of a bunch of mortals is suicide.

You just said it, STUPID, not weak. The Chinois were powerful, more powerful than humans, but they made a bone headed error by surrounding her like that.

Which scene in particular are you talking about? Scene number, please.

No, I am using the scenes and dialogue from the movie and using common sense to decipher what went on. YOU are reaching.

Depends. If they had only pissed me off, then yeah, I'd pay the mortal men to kill them. BUT, if the runaway vamp were in possession of someone as valuable and as deadly as 6, a kid that would seal my doom, that would kill my entire species, then I would enter the neighborhood, kill the gangsters, then kill the runaway vamp.

Bottom line......Nerva did not pursue Violet to the top floors because the Chinois were too powerful for he and his men to take down.

Rogue Jedi
"You're not Archministry, you're not even Vampire."

The Blood Chinois are something in between, a hybrid mix. End of story.

omgchos
Arch ministry means human does it? Im afraid not RJ.

Rogue Jedi
Question.....Do you think the Blood Chinois were confident that they could take Violet?

dadudemon
Arch ministry means human does it? Im afraid not RJ.

What are your exceptions? Daxus? You mean the guy who kept his "hemophage" secret, secret? wink

Robtard
FFS, would it be too difficult for you phags to just say vampires instead of hemophages?

Mairuzu
John preston has feelings, guys... come on

dadudemon
FFS, would it be too difficult for you phags to just say vampires instead of hemophages?

It goes as either, but they are canonically called hemophages. Street name is vampires. Two letter difference. Is it REALLY that big of a deal to you? smile

Violet Preston or John Violet! ZOMG!

Robtard
Not important at all, just wanted to call you people "phags."

dadudemon
Not important at all, just wanted to call you people "phags."

Ahh. It was an excuse to make a "witty" connection with "phags".

I honestly didn't think you were being silly.

You've....been reading too many of most posts. teehee

Rogue Jedi
John preston has feelings, guys... come on The only thing he'll feel is Violet ramming her gun up his ass and pulling the trigger until it goes CLICK.

omgchos
Question.....Do you think the Blood Chinois were confident that they could take Violet?
Answer if they thought they could take her they were obviously wrong. Guys on pcp think theyre invincible. Maybe the gangsters were high either way i can see you have run outta arguments.

Rogue Jedi
Answer if they thought they could take her they were obviously wrong. Guys on pcp think theyre invincible. Maybe the gangsters were high either way i can see you have run outta arguments. So now the Blood Chinois were high? crylaugh

dadudemon
Answer if they thought they could take her they were obviously wrong. Guys on pcp think theyre invincible. Maybe the gangsters were high either way i can see you have run outta arguments.

I was thinking that they were more like Hemophages of some sort.

Rogue Jedi
crylaugh

dadudemon
crylaugh

Laugh it up, but they were actually HIGH hemophages.

AHA!

Here's the logic: They thought they could take on Violet.

Mairuzu
i smoked em out

omgchos
So now the Blood Chinois were high? crylaugh
I should've said. Cuz they never mentioned hybrids in the movie. So i was also making a baseless assumption. By saying there are hybrids you've basically added a plot element to the story that did not exist previously.

Rogue Jedi
HUGE assumption, man.

omgchos
So is yours, man.

Rogue Jedi
No, mine is more like common sense, it's like what is implied in the movie. Your biggest problem is getting over Bale.

omgchos
No, mine is more like common sense, it's like what is implied in the movie. Your biggest problem is getting over Bale.
Its no question that bale loses and look back at my posts i never said anything to the contrary. I merely was stating that the blood chinois were in fact not hybrids. If you can go back to the movie and post a quote where anyone mentions hybrids, ill concede defeat. Ill be more than happy to be proven wrong.

Rogue Jedi
Right back atcha. When were the BLOOD Chinois stated as being human?

dadudemon

I see where this logic is going. Good point.

Logic points to the Blood Chinois being better than human...better than hemophages. Else the hemophages be aprehensive about them?

Rogue Jedi
Indeed, why was Nerva impressed with them if they were only human?

omgchos
I disagree we know that in the movie there were two types of beings. These are vampires and humans. Since she says they aren't vampires(arch ministry does not signify all humans so this statement is irrelevant) therefore they are human. U r the one who has postulated a theory stating facts never presented in the movie. That means that you have to prove it.

omgchos
I see where this logic is going. Good point.

Logic points to the Blood Chinois being better than human...better than hemophages. Else the hemophages be aprehensive about them?
This isn't proof. Hybrids of any kind were never mentioned in the movie, not once. That's y i asked for a quote as a burden of proof. Even if nerva shit his pants, started crying, and hid in a corner at the mere mention of their name it doesn't matter. This does not allow for completely baseless assumptions about some ultimate hybrids never once mentioned. These facts prove my point.
A: No mention EVER of hybrids.
B: We know humans and vampires exist, that's it.
C: She says they AREN'T vampires.(again, her saying they aren't arch ministry does not mean they aren't human. Not all humans in the movie were arch ministry.)

These facts leave us with one conclusion. They are human.

Rogue Jedi
Dude, I am using logic and common sense. The fact that Nerva had to pay them off, the fact that they took on Violet in the first place, this all points to them being not human. You cannot give one good reason why Nerva had to pay them off, can you? And why they are called the Blood Chinois? Hmm? And please do not start with Violet making a "deal" with them.

They would have to be idiots to take her in if they were human, doncha think? What human in his/her right mind would take on a hemophage? Why did Violet drop her gun? Why didnt she jus tear through them right away? Why did the Chinois occupy the top floor of that big ass building, SHARING it with hemophages? Why did the Chinois demand such respect?

omgchos
Dude, I am using logic and common sense. The fact that Nerva had to pay them off, the fact that they took on Violet in the first place, this all points to them being not human. You cannot give one good reason why Nerva had to pay them off, can you? And why they are called the Blood Chinois? Hmm? And please do not start with Violet making a "deal" with them.

They would have to be idiots to take her in if they were human, doncha think? What human in his/her right mind would take on a hemophage? Why did Violet drop her gun? Why didnt she jus tear through them right away? Why did the Chinois occupy the top floor of that big ass building, SHARING it with hemophages? Why did the Chinois demand such respect?

Look ive answered all of your question over and over again. I keep telling you that these are inferences not facts. We can all guess about things that may or may not have happened in a movie. Like in pulp fiction a lot of people think that marcellas wallace's soul is the item in the briefcase. Also people think that behind the band-aid on his neck is the number 666, meaning he may have sold his soul to the devil. These are good guesses, but only guesses. No matter how much we want to believe them they are never substantiated in the movie. So no matter how much you want to believe they are hybrids, you can't say for sure that they are. A gang can name itself anything. Until YOU can show proof that hybrids are mentioned even ONCE in the movie you will continue to be wrong. Please prove me wrong. U probably watched it again and realized that you are wrong and are just gonna keep speculating. So as ive said please prove me wrong. I will completely agree with you that they are hybrids if you can back it up somehow with facts from the movie. And i don't mean their name or that nerva paid them off or that they seemed over confident in fighting violet. These prove that they are simply a very powerfull gang that is overconfident as most gangs are.

Rogue Jedi
Look ive answered all of your question over and over again. I keep telling you that these are inferences not facts. We can all guess about things that may or may not have happened in a movie. Like in pulp fiction a lot of people think that marcellas wallace's soul is the item in the briefcase. Also people think that behind the band-aid on his neck is the number 666, meaning he may have sold his soul to the devil. These are good guesses, but only guesses. No matter how much we want to believe them they are never substantiated in the movie. So no matter how much you want to believe they are hybrids, you can't say for sure that they are. A gang can name itself anything. Until YOU can show proof that hybrids are mentioned even ONCE in the movie you will continue to be wrong. Please prove me wrong. U probably watched it again and realized that you are wrong and are just gonna keep speculating. So as ive said please prove me wrong. I will completely agree with you that they are hybrids if you can back it up somehow with facts from the movie. And i don't mean their name or that nerva paid them off or that they seemed over confident in fighting violet. These prove that they are simply a very powerfull gang that is overconfident as most gangs are. OK Lemmee try this a different way....If you were the leader of a human gang like the Chinois, and you knew what Violet was capable of, would you take her on?

omgchos
OMG you're acting as if i dont get what your trying to say. I get it man, you think they are hybrids because the aren't afraid of violet. By that logic the arch ministry should be hybrids as well. Hell your making her sound like a god. If i had 50 armed men, hardened gangsters i might add, yes i'd take on violet if the price was right. Shes not Effing Dr. Manhattan, you can beat her with enough people. Ill admit 50 isn't enough, but maybe they didn't know that.

Rogue Jedi
OMG you're acting as if i dont get what your trying to say. I get it man, you think they are hybrids because the aren't afraid of violet. By that logic the arch ministry should be hybrids as well. Hell your making her sound like a god. If i had 50 armed men, hardened gangsters i might add, yes i'd take on violet if the price was right. Shes not Effing Dr. Manhattan, you can beat her with enough people. Ill admit 50 isn't enough, but maybe they didn't know that. No, I am saying they aren't human because they decided to take on Violet, to take on a hemophage.

The Archministry relied on it's sheer numbers, which was surely in the hundreds of thousands, at least.

The Blood Chinois occupied the top ten floors in a building that Hemophages shared with them. Apparently the Chinois were highly intelligent, or they would not have attained their level of power. Surely they knew the capabilities of a hemophage, and particularly Violet, since they shared a frigging building with her boss.

BTW, The Chinois did not have 50 men, they had but ten-ish.

omgchos
Omg. look i dont care how much you want to believe they're hybrids. I'll i asked was for to you to find someone in the movie that even mentioned them. But i guess that was too much to ask. You can go ahead and believe they are hybrids. We are the only ones posting in this thread anyway. Violet wins and they aren't hybrids..... Peace.

WO Polaski
they're hybrids.

Rogue Jedi
Omg. look i dont care how much you want to believe they're hybrids. I'll i asked was for to you to find someone in the movie that even mentioned them. But i guess that was too much to ask. You can go ahead and believe they are hybrids. We are the only ones posting in this thread anyway. Violet wins and they aren't hybrids..... Peace. Doesnt have to be "mentioned", not necessarily. If it is implied, or logic dictates it, then it is a given.

If we are watching X Men 4 and some guy is fighting Logan, and he displays powers that are not human, and it is never said who this guy is or whether he is a mutant or not, then he is obviously not human.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by WO Polaski
they're hybrids. He knows.

omgchos
Doesnt have to be "mentioned", not necessarily. If it is implied, or logic dictates it, then it is a given.

If we are watching X Men 4 and some guy is fighting Logan, and he displays powers that are not human, and it is never said who this guy is or whether he is a mutant or not, then he is obviously not human.
Exactly..... he's a mutant, not some super hybrid. In x-men origins, there are humans and mutants, nothing else. In ultra-violet there are humans and vampires nothing else. Since violet said specifically that they weren't vampires, they must be human. If we were meant to infer that they are hybrids, there would have been facts to back it up. They would have been mentioned more in the movie, or alluded to in other instances. Otherwise them being hybrids has no baring on the rest of the plot. You don't imply that someone is a hybrid that vampires are afraid of, then kill them off in 10 minutes. Its like your putting words into the screenwriter's mouth. Your putting way too much thought into some gangsters that got pwned. If they had maybe shown up later or been mentioned more, than you may have been right. But she dispatched them to easily for them to have been anymore than humans. I mean its like you think that everything had to make perfect sense. It was a good movie but it may have had plotholes. Maybe the director just wanted an exclusive violet fight scene but needed nerva and his cronies for a later plot element. So he thought up an excuse for the vamps not to go upstairs in pursuit of violet. It's not like this is based on a true story. I mean you keep touting the same facts to back up a useless thought process. I don't know why you want them to be hybrids so bad. They weren't, no matter how much you want them to have been. Just let it go.

Rogue Jedi
So the Blood Chinois were a buncha idiots then? Silly humans. One has to wonder how tey attained their level of power.

Oh yeah, and why Nerva respected them.

Yeah.....

omgchos
So the Blood Chinois were a buncha idiots then? Silly humans. One has to wonder how tey attained their level of power.

Oh yeah, and why Nerva respected them.

Yeah.....
Thats exactly my point. You have to wonder why. U dont have to make stuff up about fictional hybrids. The movie isn't infallible, it can have plot holes. Like i said just because their character doesn't seem to make sense, doesn't mean they are hybrids. U r just reading too much into it. There are a lot of movies out there with plottholes that make you ask afterward "why didn't so-and-so do something, if blah blah blah?" This movie is no exception. If we spent our lives looking at every movie that had a part of the storyline that didn't make sense and added things at our leisure to explain them away. We would be wasting our time. You can't assume something about a movie that isn't backed up with anything except a name that could mean anything, and a vampire who was gonna pay them off to capture/kill violet. I mean they died sooooo easily. U just can't accept it. U want them to be pwnage, but either way they obviously weren't. You want them to be hybrids, but either way it makes no difference, except that some hybrids got added just to be dispatched and never mentioned again. How about you read the Graphic Novel and see if they are hybrids, or if it even went the same way in the book. If they say they are hybrids in the book then they were meant to be in the movie. If they are explained more thoroughly in the book it can give us an insight into the director's intentions. But if all you keep mentioning is a plothole in the movie as your proof than how do you expect to win this argument. Like i said with just a tidbit of proof i will admit full heartedly that you are absolutely correct. But until then the facts do not support your theory. And suffer no delusions it is still a theory.

Rogue Jedi
Hmm......Nicely worded. Very well put together. Not an answer.

omgchos
Hmm......Nicely worded. Very well put together. Not an answer.
Ur the one that needs to answer. I'm asking you to prove me wrong. But i guess it's too much to ask.

Rogue Jedi
Nerva obviously feared/respected/whatever the Chinois, there has to be a reason. He would not fear/respect/whatever them if they were mere humans.

Their name, BLOOD Chinois.

Why BLOOD Chinois?

omgchos
Nerva obviously feared/respected/whatever the Chinois, there has to be a reason. He would not fear/respect/whatever them if they were mere humans.

Their name, BLOOD Chinois.

Why BLOOD Chinois?
U like to repeat yourself don't you. I keep telling you that a name is just a name. Blood is very general, it could mean they are very violent, the name is not proof. And like i said Nerva is a character in a movie. If they told him that he had to wear a tou-tou the whole movie he would have. It's just a plothole not proof of hybrids. There are no hybrids in this story line. She never says they aren't human. She does say they aren't vampire. I don't see how you can still think that they are hybrids.

Rogue Jedi
But you gotta admit they dressed really cool.

omgchos
evil_monkey

Rogue Jedi
Brass monkey!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.