ROTS palpatine vs ROTS anikan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Storm
came up to me today when i was watching palpatine vs all those jedi.

ROTS npalapatine vs ROTS anakin

LordPrydon
anakin could potentially win but he would have to control his anger and use it better than he did when fighting Obi Wan.

SIDIOUS 66
Palpatine would make very short work of Anakin.

Janus Marius
Back before ROTS came out, everyone thought "anikin" could take on about anyone. In fact, the game is pretty much a monument to Anakin fanboyism.

Eminence
Prove it.

Darth Storm
well sidious is suppose to be more powerfull than palpatine

Darth Storm
oops

Darth Storm
sid is supposed to be powerfuler than ani

Janus Marius
Triple post, ftw.

Lightsnake
Palpatine is more powerful and just better. According to Lucas? You need to be Mace Windu or Yoda to compete with Palpatine. Is Anakin one of those two? Nope.

Janus Marius
Sure he is. He's their illegitimate love child.

Lightsnake
Rule 34 tells me there's a fanfic where that's true

Janus Marius
And soon Cracked.com will be featuring it in an article.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Palpatine is more powerful and just better. According to Lucas? You need to be Mace Windu or Yoda to compete with Palpatine. Is Anakin one of those two? Nope.

he mentions anakin as well.

"you have to be mace or yoda to COMPETE with the emporer, anakin would have DEFEATED him had he not got all beat up."

Lightsnake
No, he says if Anakin hadn't gotten burned he would have grown stronger than him.

You remember in the movie Palpatine sas "Darth vader will become stronger than either of us?" That implies the future.

DARTH POWER
no Lucas's statement didnt give any refernce to some distant future perioed save for him not getting burned(because thats when he lost his unlimited force reserves), nor did he give any reference to Aankin accomplishing this when he grows stronger.. it was in the same statement where he said you have to be mace or yoda to compete with Sidious.

In other statments where hes talked about Just how Powerful Anakin Could have become, he talks about him being something like Twice as Powerful as the Emporer by the OT.

Eminence
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
no Lucas's statement didnt give any refernce to some distant future perioed save for him not getting burned(because thats when he lost his unlimited force reserves), nor did he give any reference to Aankin accomplishing this when he grows stronger.. it was in the same statement where he said you have to be mace or yoda to compete with Sidious.No it wasn't.

Who cares?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Eminence
No it wasn't.

Yes it was! Iv got the damn statement with me in the Making of ROTS.

It was a response to somenone asking why Mace took the B- team with him to confront Sidious.

Eminence
So post the passage exactly as is.

DARTH POWER
From Page 205 of "The Making of Revenge of the Sith" by J.W. Rinzler:

When Palpatine easily strikes down Mace's three associate Jedi at the outset of the scene, Knoll says, "Look at this- Mace brought the B-team!"

"You have to be either Mace or Yoda to compete with the Emporer," Lucas says. "If Anakin hadn't got all beat-up, he could've beat the Emporer."

So as you can see... it was clearly all part of the same statement by Lucas. Not to mention that Nick Gillard in the same book calls Anakin a level 9 swordsman up there with Mace, Yoda and the Emporer.

Eminence
From Page 205 of "The Making of Revenge of the Sith" by J.W. Rinzler:

When Palpatine easily strikes down Mace's three associate Jedi at the outset of the scene, Knoll says, "Look at this- Mace brought the B-team!"

"You have to be either Mace or Yoda to compete with the Emporer," Lucas says. "If Anakin hadn't got all beat-up, he could've beat the Emporer."Which flies in the face of what you said earlier.

You said this:I thought you were either lying or thinking of a different quote. As it is, you're completely wrong here. Lucas makes it clear that if Anakin hadn't lost to Obi-Wan he would've been able to defeat Palpatine. Sure. What that doesn't mean is "if Anakin hadn't lost to Obi-Wan, he would've immediately been able to kick Palpatine's ass." The implication is that he would have gotten there in time.

Since when is Nick Gillard a canon source on anything? He's a fight choreographer, nothing more.

But assuming for a moment that he is a legitimate source, he still states that Anakin is a nine when using the dark side, which means Mace would still kick his ass.

DARTH POWER
There was NO MENTION of some far off future period.

If Lucas was talking about Anakins future potential then he would have said "anakin would definetely have beat sidious" but instead he said "Could have" with no mention of any distant future time period. The whole statement was about the ROTS time period. Thats your own assumption that hes talking about some distant future.. "Could have" only implies "has a chance"

Eminence
My palm broke the sound barrier on its way to my face.

You're ridiculous.

SIDIOUS 66
There was NO MENTION of some far off future period.

If Lucas was talking about Anakins future potential then he would have said "anakin would definetely have beat sidious" but instead he said "Could have" with no mention of any distant future time period. The whole statement was about the ROTS time period. Thats your own assumption that hes talking about some distant future.. "Could have" only implies "has a chance"

Lucas probably thought most people would of known he was refering to Anakin in the future. Sidious even say "Lord Vader will become more powerful than either of us." He did not say Anakin was. I know you are going to say Sidious is not a reliable source, but the two sources go hand in hand.

Lord Lucien
"Anakin would have become twice as powerful" is a pretty clear indicator of Lucas' intentions.

DARTH POWER
Well the quote about being twice as powerful was a completely different quote. That was from the OT, saying how Powerful Anakin would be by the OT. BUt in this staement Lucas didnt say Anakin WOULD have beat the Emporer, but he COULD HAVE beat him. That to me doesnt Imply his FULL potential where we know he WOULD have been Twice as powerful as Sidious, and he therefore WOULD HAVE easily defeated him.

But neway as of ROTS Anakin loses against Sidious because Sidious is Much Faster and Much better with the Force. Although if we are to go by Nick Gillard's ratings then Anakin has a fair chance at Sabers.

Lord Lucien
Well the quote about being twice as powerful was a completely different quote. That was from the OT, saying how Powerful Anakin would be by the OT. BUt in this staement Lucas didnt say Anakin WOULD have beat the Emporer, but he COULD HAVE beat him. That to me doesnt Imply his FULL potential where we know he WOULD have been Twice as powerful as Sidious, and he therefore WOULD HAVE easily defeated him. Implications abound. I doubt very much that George Lucas would speak so cryptically. It's very safe to assume that when he said Anakin would have been twice as powerful as Sidious, then that's his full potential.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Implications abound. I doubt very much that George Lucas would speak so cryptically. It's very safe to assume that when he said Anakin would have been twice as powerful as Sidious, then that's his full potential.

Yes that statement was talking about his full potential. Thats why he said WOULD have been.

However the statement we are talking about is as of ROTS(the SAME statement where Lucas is talking about who can take on Sidious), and Lucas says COULD have, NOT WOULD have.. Which suggests hes NOT talking about his Full Potential but the chance Anakin May have as of ROTS, had he not got all beat up.

Add this to Nick Gillards Ratings and it would suggest Anakin would have A CHANCE in Sabers. Remember NOT WOULD beat Sidious, BUT COULD beat him... i.e. have a chance. Could be a Very Small Chance, but most Jedis would Not Even Have A Chance.

Eminence
What do you think "if he hadn't gotten beaten up" means? That if he'd beaten Obi-Wan, he could've hopped straight to Sidious?

Lord Lucien
Yes that statement was talking about his full potential. Thats why he said WOULD have been.

However the statement we are talking about is as of ROTS(the SAME statement where Lucas is talking about who can take on Sidious), and Lucas says COULD have, NOT WOULD have.. Which suggests hes NOT talking about his Full Potential but the chance Anakin May have as of ROTS, had he not got all beat up.

Add this to Nick Gillards Ratings and it would suggest Anakin would have A CHANCE in Sabers. Remember NOT WOULD beat Sidious, BUT COULD beat him... i.e. have a chance. Could be a Very Small Chance, but most Jedis would Not Even Have A Chance. I am f*cking lost, what are you arguing?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I am f*cking lost, what are you arguing?

oh just that as of ROTS apart from Mace and Yoda, Anakin also would have the Power to challenge Sidious. But would still lose. So yeah probably pointless argument.

Slash_KMC
oh just that as of ROTS apart from Mace and Yoda, Anakin also would have the Power to challenge Sidious. But would still lose. So yeah probably pointless argument.

Totally.

Eminence
"Challenge" =/= "Compete." Lucas made it crystal clear.

You have no case.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.