Action or Drama?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordPrydon
Which gets your motor going the most? smile

MildPossession
Oh why has this guy been banned?

I enjoy watching both genres, but Drama comes first for me.

Master Crimzon
Sock. And I think drama has superior potential. It's far easier to make an entertaining action flick, to be sure, but a drama has the ability to generate a work of far greater artistic, emotional, and intellectual merit. This is why I personally prefer dramas over action movies, although I have watched far more good action flicks than good dramas in my life.

Though a drama that infuses some sort of elements of thriller or action is completely fine by my book. In fact, if the action has a definitive point to it and serves to enhance the dramatic effect of the movie, then it will generally contribute to the overall quality.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
Sock. And I think drama has superior potential. It's far easier to make an entertaining action flick, to be sure, but a drama has the ability to generate a work of far greater artistic, emotional, and intellectual merit. This is why I personally prefer dramas over action movies, although I have watched far more good action flicks than good dramas in my life.

Though a drama that infuses some sort of elements of thriller or action is completely fine by my book. In fact, if the action has a definitive point to it and serves to enhance the dramatic effect of the movie, then it will generally contribute to the overall quality. thumb up

SnakeEyes

Though a drama that infuses some sort of elements of thriller or action is completely fine by my book. In fact, if the action has a definitive point to it and serves to enhance the dramatic effect of the movie, then it will generally contribute to the overall quality.

What he said, minus this statement: "I have watched far more good action flicks than good dramas in my life."

Master Crimzon
You don't agree with it? I mean, it isn't all that tough to create an entertaining action movie, at least for me. The primal, unintelligent part of my movie-going brain (and I'll say that this probably applies to the majority of the populace, going by what films tend to make a profit) is very easily entertained by one-liners, guns, and chicks. It doesn't need a lot in order to create a sort of fun thrill. On the other hand, a drama attempts invigorate the more intellectual and ambitious part of the movie-going brain, a part that is far less easily satisfied. However, when it is satisfied, the result is far grander in nature.

SnakeEyes
You don't agree with it? I mean, it isn't all that tough to create an entertaining action movie, at least for me. The primal, unintelligent part of my movie-going brain (and I'll say that this probably applies to the majority of the populace, going by what films tend to make a profit) is very easily entertained by one-liners, guns, and chicks. It doesn't need a lot in order to create a sort of fun thrill. On the other hand, a drama attempts invigorate the more intellectual and ambitious part of the movie-going brain, a part that is far less easily satisfied. However, when it is satisfied, the result is far grander in nature.

I do agree.

Let me repost the what I quoted from you: "I have watched far more good action flicks than good dramas in my life."

All I meant was that I've seen just as many quality dramas as I have quality action films.

And I don't count the mindless action movies like you described (like John Cena's "12 Rounds" or "Fast and Furious"wink as quality action films.

Flaming-Hobo
I really enjoy Drama movies, and then i really enjoy action movies. I think i would have to go with Drama before action.

Kovacs86
I'd agree... drama > action.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.