My Dog is Dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jinXed by JaNx
Well, I took my buddy to the vet yesterday. There wasn't anything i could do other than give her a pleasant departure. It was a lot harder than i had expected. Watching her fall asleep for her last time wasn't so bad. It wasn't until i came home from work today and found that there was no one standing on the couch to greet me. She was 15 years old. She had what i believe to be bladder cancer. It was very painful for her to urinate and move her bowels.

I have had animals put to sleep before and never batted an eye. I realized, though, Jazz (my dog) has grown up with me. No matter what animal i will have in my future i will not be able to say that they watched me grow up from childhood, through adolescence all the way to adulthood.

Has anyone else had a good friend (animal stick out tongue ) put to sleep, if so, discuss

RIP Jazz sad Excuse the fuzzy pics, it's all i have of her on me mac

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z296/ragesRemorse/DSCF0014-1.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z296/ragesRemorse/DSCF0012.jpg

Gooogle Bot
That's not too good.

Ahsoka Tano
Sorry to hear. uhuh

Piggle Humsy
aww she looked adorable.

sorry for your loss.

I understand completely. lost my dog suddenly last year, she had something inside her that burst and poisoned her sad

I still miss her.

Rogue Jedi
Sorry to hear that, dude.

Kostabot
That sucks man. Losing a pet you've had for that long is like losing a family member. sad

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Well, I took my buddy to the vet yesterday. There wasn't anything i could do other than give her a pleasant departure. It was a lot harder than i had expected. Watching her fall asleep for her last time wasn't so bad. It wasn't until i came home from work today and found that there was no one standing on the couch to greet me. She was 15 years old. She had what i believe to be bladder cancer. It was very painful for her to urinate and move her bowels.

I have had animals put to sleep before and never batted an eye. I realized, though, Jazz (my dog) has grown up with me. No matter what animal i will have in my future i will not be able to say that they watched me grow up from childhood, through adolescence all the way to adulthood.

Has anyone else had a good friend (animal stick out tongue ) put to sleep, if so, discuss

RIP Jazz sad Excuse the fuzzy pics, it's all i have of her on me mac

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z296/ragesRemorse/DSCF0014-1.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z296/ragesRemorse/DSCF0012.jpg
Sorry about your dog..I know exactly how you feel. I had to get my dog put to sleep back in '02 and it was really hard for me then but coming home to a house with no dog to greet you at the door with a wagging tail was especially hard and I often had to catch myself before I started to wonder where in the hell she was. I grew up with her from about 4-5 years old until 12-13 years old.

dadudemon
Sorry to "hear" that, dude.

You're right. No dog will ever replace Jazz.

Leo.M
That's sad. Sorry for your lose. sad She lived a long life. 15 years is really good for dog.

TRH
My Condolences.

Wei Phoenix
I know how you feel JJ. My dog has been with me since 6th or 7th grade (I'm 21 now). She is getting older and having coughs and heart problems. We all know pets aren't forever, but when the GOOD ones go it like puts a shock to your system.

Ms Chelle
SOrry for your loss.
My condolences.
RIP Jazz.

BruceSkywalker
My Condolences

Flaming-Hobo
Sorry to hear that buddy. sad

Scythe
I'm sorry, bud. Here for ya.

Mairuzu
Sucks man, sorry.

Kinkin
Sad.

Wittig
I've lost two dogs in my days so far.
Sucks every time.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

Yeah, my cat Tang was like a bro to me. He used to wait for me to come home from partying and stuff and he'd hang out with me on the couch whilst I ate chocolate cereal and watch late night television. Then he'd lick my bowl and sleep on my lap. I cried like a girl when he was put to sleep.

I just saw that movie "Marley And Me," and it epitomized the relationship I have with my dog, Walker Texas Ranger, right now. It kills me to think that my dog is going to die someday. Sorry for your loss, jinXed.

jinXed by JaNx
Thanks everyone. It was nice to hear from you all.

I collected my dogs ashes the other day. I said it before but i've had many pets die through out my life and i've known many people who have died but it was different with Jazz. It's most likely different because i held Jazz closer than i hold most people. It was very profound seeing her ashes. I was given her ashes in a really cool sack. Those kind of sacks that come with Seagrams liquor. you know, the kind that wizards carry magical rocks in. It was very strange seeing my dogs remains in a pouch.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
Sorry about your dog..I know exactly how you feel. I had to get my dog put to sleep back in '02 and it was really hard for me then but coming home to a house with no dog to greet you at the door with a wagging tail was especially hard and I often had to catch myself before I started to wonder where in the hell she was. I grew up with her from about 4-5 years old until 12-13 years old.

Yeah, the coming home part was hard for a bit. I used to always ring the doorbell and knock on the door just to wind her up laughing That must have been really hard for you, wondering where your dog went sad

guy222
Sorry for ur loss

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.