Are Ninja Games Really Going Downhill?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
So far, most ninja games were thought to be good but always ended up with a kunai in the eye (meaning they turned bad). So what do you think, are ninja games doing well so far or are they going downhill?

If ninja games are turning crappy these days, I have these words to say: Stupid Naruto!

Kento
What does Naruto have to do with gaming? There have been suck Ninja games long before Naruto ever came out.

But the answer is no..mainly because there really wasn't that many good games that involved ninja being the main characters to begin with imo. Can't go downhill if there was only a few real great ones anyway.

General Kaliero
No. Going downhill implies that they were ever at the top of a "hill" in the first place.

SaTsuJiN
I think the Tenchu series started off really good.. but then ninja games started becoming all about style and over the top hollywood blockbuster nonsense.. rather than the killers for hire we all know and love

I am who I am
"Are Ninja Games Really Going Downhill?"

Hell no. That Ninja Blade game looks pretty damn good.

jinXed by JaNx
The last good Ninja game i can remember playing was the first Tenchu game. All of the others in the series went downhill afterwards. Gaiden for xbox was ok as a hack and slasher but it didn't do anything special for me. So, yeah, Ninja games suck. Although, the Ninja Blade demo is fun and N+ is still aces smile

Nemesis X
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Gaiden for xbox was ok as a hack and slasher but it didn't do anything special

Ninja Gaiden has been doing well so far when it has cutscenes of Hayabusa's sick ninja moves and those female characters.

Ninja Blade looks so friggin awesome it might back ninja games up. Anything that looks God of War-like is in my must buy list.

The ninja games they have on the Wii are terrible (this time I'm not trying to give the Wii crap). That Orochi Assassin or whatever didn't do well.

The Reason I said "Stupid Naruto" is because for all we know, that game is probably one the reasons ninja games aren't getting quite popular. I admit that Naruto Ninja Storm was fun but somethings in it got annoying and still needed work. Rise of a Ninja was god awful and I never played Broken Bonds because I figured that Naruto game is awful too.

Magee
The only good ninja games I've played were tenchu 2 on ps1 and Tenchu: wrath of heaven on ps2. There are actually very few great ninja games and it is some thing I have wanted for a while.

Naruto has nothing to do with the lack of good ninja games.

Kazenji
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
The last good Ninja game i can remember playing was the first Tenchu game. All of the others in the series went downhill afterwards.

Come on Tenchu 2 was a good sequal wink

As for my opinion on the series has died last good one in the series was Wrath Of Heaven.......Fatal Shadows was okay but Wrath Of Heaven did more for me

I like the Ninja Gaiden games well these more newer ones for the Xbox more then the old Nes ones

The Shinobi games on the Sega Mega Drive were good times

and yeah its very rare for a ninja game not to suck these days.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.