RoTS Anakin vs Star Forge Revan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Victor?

Lord Lucien
When I read the title I briefly imagined the creator getting tarred and feathered.

Revan, especially Star Forge Revan is an UNKNOWN.

Janus Marius
If this is "Revan juiced by the Star Forge", he wins. He's a better thinker, a notoriously powerful force user, and head and shoulders above nearly every fighter in his era. A lightsided Revan defeated a Star Forge boosted Malak canonically, so naturally if he's the one being boosted, his powers are bordering on insane.

Janus Marius
Update: Found that two year old email where I asked Drew Karpyshyn about Malak's powers in KotOR:

I'd screenshot it for authenticity, but I'm too lazy right now. Suffice to say that Drew, while not single-handedly responsible for the game, wrote the majority of its story and all of its dialogue (Last I checked), so I'd consider his opinion to be relevant.

Gaevus Mesias
everybody wins, just because Janus is turning into a sociopath

Janus Marius
Originally posted by Gaevus Mesias
everybody wins, just because Janus is turning into a sociopath

QTF and QFP (Quoted for Profile)

Eminence
What's "QTF"?

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Eminence
What's "QTF"?

Quoted For Truth. It means you agree with them.

Eminence
I was kidding. The Failed One said "QTF" .

N00bz.

Slash_KMC

N00bz.

Totally.

Janus Marius

N00bz.

It's Yoda style, hatur.

Eminence
There aren't enough words for Yoda style to be possible you pseudointellectual newbterrorizing goon.

Janus Marius
Are you asserting that Yoda must speak more than three words per sentence? Fool! You cannot prove that, noobsauce!

mattatom
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Are you asserting that Yoda must speak more than three words per sentence? Fool! You cannot prove that, noobsauce!
Is possible if you collect a transcript of every line of speech Yoda has ever uttered in the books, comics and films.

Wolverine2179
Revan for force and anakin for sabers.

Borbarad
There aren't enough words for Yoda style to be possible you pseudointellectual newbterrorizing goon.

Wrong you are.
Failed you have.

Eminence
I was testing Nai's nosiness haha I won because Nai barged in just like I was testing

darthbane99
revan wins.Both cannon and logic suggest hes superior. But i also agree that anakin would put up a good fight,as long as he does not do a stupid stunt like he did against obi.

as much as i vote for vader,because he has the most midichlorian count,revan aslo would be just as strong,evn more soo. Actually more you think about it the more its hard to determine. How long did it take anakin to complete his training? And how aobut rerva,who did in weeks what other jedi could never do in years.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by darthbane99
revan wins.Both cannon and logic suggest hes superior.
Do you have access to canon that we don't? What do you know about Revan that George hasn't told us yet?

as much as i vote for vader,because he has the most midichlorian count,revan aslo would be just as strong,evn more soo.
Do you think about what you write, or do you just like to hear the sound keys make when you push the pretty buttons. How the hell do you reach that conclusion?

Actually more you think about it the more its hard to determine. How long did it take anakin to complete his training? And how aobut rerva,who did in weeks what other jedi could never do in years.

Look guyze! Learning rate is now directly proportional to Force potential!

darthbane99
Self evident that force potential is related to learning rate.
And yes i like to hear the keys tapping.
no there is no major cannon suggesting that,i only agree that revan is superior by a fraction.

And what the hell more do you need?? a parliament for landing privileges for your brain?

Red Nemesis

Lord Lucien
I think he's a 9 year old Cambodian immigrant. It would explain... some things.

darthbane99
AWW damn it,wrong word.

Fine i cant conceive any longer...why is it then that revan is stronger.
prove then im wrong not including the insults,due to my lack of forethought.

Lord Lucien
Revan isn't proven to be stronger. He's proven to be strong. That's all. There are no statistics for his strength, potential, Force-powers, what lightsaber form he used, etc. Nothing we can use in a Vs. match.

Eminence
Due to the absence of a social thread... I must socialize here.

I have the song "Hero" by Nickelback stuck in my head. I don't know why, I don't even know when I first heard it, but I do.

Red Nemesis
Wrong forum. Please use
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f59/ or http://www.killermovies.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=11
for serious discussions. This is too important a topic for a social thread.

Slash_KMC
I LOL'd at the last few darthbane posts.

Red Nemesis
The trick is to call people on their BS then wait for them to choke on it. It does no good to tear their arguments apart- they can ignore proof of fail that comes from the outside. It is much harder to counter a realization of failure that comes from within. ('Dude you're wrong!' can be ignored. 'I messed up' cannot.)

Slash_KMC
You really think he's going to think he's wrong ? I think he sees the words on the screen in a different way than we do.

For example, he says Revan is stronger. You say no, because there is no proof. He says he agrees there is no proof but he also agrees Revan is superior by a fraction ...

Red Nemesis
My favorite newbie tactic is 'we can all agree that '. I cannot agree that . Tell me why to agree, and I'll think about it.

Slash_KMC
Are you by any chance a shrink ?

Red Nemesis
No.

Slash_KMC
Alright then. You have potential though.

Eminence
Nah. He takes life too seriously. Shrinks need to be laid back, freedom loving, and conservative.

Gideon
-- the Dark Side Sourcebook, page 100 (PDF file).

Eminence
Fanboy intervention.

Borbarad
I miss the days in which the word "Retired" had a meaning. sad

Eminence
It hasn't even been two weeks. He's suffering from withdrawal.

Gideon
Originally posted by Borbarad
I miss the days in which the word "Retired" had a meaning. sad

Oh, no. Particularly after the Battle Bar closed? Nah. This place isn't worth it anymore. But I didn't want Red to get in ass deep; he'd appreciate the correction.

Red Nemesis
God damn it Gideon. Your sources are supposed to be off limits. Anyway, the (loose) correlation shown does not equal causation. I realize that isn't a get out of free card, but substantial evidence would have to be brought to the table to establish that fact.

Eminence

Red Nemesis
Fanboy intervention.

Question: Who am I a fanboy of?

Eminence
No, I meant like the intervention of a fanboy. What you're thinking of would be a "fanboyism intervention."

Yep.

Red Nemesis
gotcha

Eminence
Gooooood.

kotorfan
um darthbane99, Revan was a jedi and had ALREADY been trained. They just mindwiped/brainwashed him and had to reteach him. its like saying that I haven't been using chinese for awhile (7 years on a daily basis that is) and I have to pick it up again. It wouldn't take long because I have already learned it and just need to refresh my memory. People who learn things and forget them will most likely pick them up much faster than someone who has no exposure to that subject. Just imho so don't bash cuz its just my personal experience.

I was talking about this.

ilikepeople
Anakin just cause I feel like it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.