Ironfist/Sebastian Shaw amalgam vs. Midnighter/Wolverine amalgam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Juk3n
Ironfist/Sebastian Shaw amalgam vs. Midnighter/Wolverine amalgam

Who & why?

Original Smurph
IF/Shaw

Enyalus
This is a total copout, and don't ask me how, but the Midnighter/Wolverine amalgam would find a way to win. Wolvnighter (?) is going to be able to anticipate everything his opponent will do. He's faster. I say he finds a way to get around Shaw's kinetic energy absorption powers.

Juk3n
Originally posted by Enyalus
This is a total copout, and don't ask me how, but the Midnighter/Wolverine amalgam would find a way to win. Wolvnighter (?) is going to be able to anticipate everything his opponent will do. He's faster. I say he finds a way to get around Shaw's kinetic energy absorption powers.

Hard to find a way around, he has to hit Ironshaw to put him down, and there in lies the problem. If he doesn't put him down fast, the longer the fight goes on, the more amped Ironshaw gets, more stats, more win. Not to mention a Chi amp ontop of it all. All it takes is a good well placed MA strike to get a KO, both could achieve it.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Juk3n
Hard to find a way around, he has to hit Ironshaw to put him down, and there in lies the problem. If he doesn't put him down fast, the longer the fight goes on, the more amped Ironshaw gets, more stats, more win. Not to mention a Chi amp ontop of it all. All it takes is a good well placed MA strike to get a KO, both could achieve it.

It's going to be hell to KO Midnighter/Wolverine, especially if their healing factors stack. I think Wolverine's faster than Iron Fist. And with being able to process all the possible scenarios, I don't even see him getting struck.

Mindset
Originally posted by Enyalus
It's going to be hell to KO Midnighter/Wolverine, especially if their healing factors stack. I think Wolverine's faster than Iron Fist. And with being able to process all the possible scenarios, I don't even see him getting struck. Wolverine isn't faster than IF.

IF can oneshot a train filled with enough explosives to destroy a city and be unphased, now back that up with Class 100 strength.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mindset
Wolverine isn't faster than IF.

IF can oneshot a train filled with enough explosives to destroy a city and be unphased, now back that up with Class 100 strength.
You're not supposed to make serious posts, Mindset.

Mindset
Doom wins

Enyalus
Much better.

dmills
IronShaw. I could easily see this fight turning into a curbstomp.

Lord Feron
Ironshaw, IMO he would be able to hit himself with enough force to jump to pretty high levels right at the beginning.

dmills
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Ironshaw, IMO he would be able to hit himself with enough force to jump to pretty high levels right at the beginning. Not to mention his already awesome speed, fighting skills and chi amping ability. I really can't see anyway the Midnight Wolverine can win. As a matter of fact, the more that I think about it, Iron Shaw could take the vast majority of Earth's heroes. Who could beat him? Thor perhaps?

Philosophía
Midnighter/Wolverine.

dmills

Lord Feron
Wait a minute, he can't be cut by adamantium? (thats to you dmills)

dmills
No. Wolvie tried before and had no real effect other than mildly annoying Sebastian. He then promptly proceeded to beat Logans ass.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by dmills
How? He can't be cut, is as good if not better a fighter, can chi amp and is as fast if not faster.
he can be cut.

Battlehammer
No. Wolvie tried before and had no real effect other than mildly annoying Sebastian. He then promptly proceeded to beat Logans ass.
There was tons of blood and the fight took place off pannel.

dmills
Originally posted by Battlehammer
There was tons of blood and the fight took place off pannel. Tons of blood? Where?

I see Wolvie Scrape Shaw in the back, get smacked around, and then Wolverine cut the lights. The only blood I saw was on Wolverines face. And I could have sworn Shaw said something like "You've managed to ruin a perfectly good suit" or something to that effect.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7742/xmenlegacy218011ht0.jpg

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/9792/xmenlegacy218015ok2.jpg

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/7461/xmenlegacy218016ym7.jpg

Anyway Shaw MIGHT be scraped by Wolverine but not fully cut as his ability dampens the force of the stabs and slashes. There is literally no way that the Midnighter/Wolverine combo can win this.

Battlehammer
Tons of blood? Where?

I see Wolvie Scrape Shaw in the back, get smacked around, and then Wolverine cut the lights. The only blood I saw was on Wolverines face. And I could have sworn Shaw said something like "You've managed to ruin a perfectly good suit" or something to that effect.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7742/xmenlegacy218011ht0.jpg

Anyway Shaw MIGHT be scraped by Wolverine but not fully cut as his ability dampens the force of the stabs and slashes. There is literally no way that the Midnighter/Wolverine combo can win this.

Look at the last scan all that blood is from shaws. He not immune to piercing attacks. Not saying Midnighter/wolverine win, I am sayign Shaw can and has been cut by piercing attacks. It not some small amount either that was a lot of blood.

Trackz
Look at the last scan all that blood is from shaws. He not immune to piercing attacks. Not saying Midnighter/wolverine win, I am sayign Shaw can and has been cut by piercing attacks. It not some small amount either that was a lot of blood. all the blood under wolverine is from shaw?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Trackz
all the blood under wolverine is from shaw?
Yes. It from the slash on Shaw back. The flipp is how it all go there. Look at shaw in the first scan with all the blood on his hand.

dmills
Look at the last scan all that blood is from shaws. He not immune to piercing attacks. Not saying Midnighter/wolverine win, I am sayign Shaw can and has been cut by piercing attacks. It not some small amount either that was a lot of blood. I saw it. What I'm saying is that he can be superficially cut, but not very deep or seriously. And I know that you didn't say the Wolverine combo would win. You and I have had our differences in the past but we're cool now so I won't misquote you on purpose anymore. stick out tongue

dmills
Yes. It from the slash on Shaw back. The flipp is how it all go there. Look at shaw in the first scan with all the blood on his hand. I don't know about that. I know Shaw was bleeding, but he gave Wolverine a pretty good shot to the chops so I believe it's Wolverine's blood around his mouth.

Trackz
Yes. It from the slash on Shaw back. The flipp is how it all go there. Look at shaw in the first scan with all the blood on his hand.

when wolverine slashes all we see go flying is a piece of shaws red vest, it's very possible he just caught that piece of cloth and is annoyed that wolverine tore it, because when we next get a close up of Shaws hand there is no blood at all...it is more likely that the pool of blood that wolverine is laying in is his own blood

Battlehammer
I don't know about that. I know Shaw was bleeding, but he gave Wolverine a pretty good shot to the chops so I believe it's Wolverine's blood around his mouth.
It not, wolverine was barly bleeding. Look at shaw right after wolverine slashes his back. You can see all the blood on shaws back and hand. He was bleeding out the entire fight. It was shaws blood. Only one of them had a healing factor.

Zeuodin
Iron Shaw can just hit himself with his Chi power and he'd be so strong and durable, Miderine would die with one punch.

Battlehammer
when wolverine slashes all we see go flying is a piece of shaws red vest, it's very possible he just caught that piece of cloth and is annoyed that wolverine tore it, because when we next get a close up of Shaws hand there is no blood at all...it is more likely that the pool of blood that wolverine is laying in is his own blood
It not. Look at the first scan. It clearly evident that Shaw the one bleeding. The artist got a little lazy later on partly due to the fact the color of shaws vest. But it clearly evident in the first scan shaw bleeding badly.

dmills
You could call PIS on the cut because he shouldn't have been able to cut Shaw at all. And then they pull the Houdini crap and have them fight "off panel".

Battlehammer
You could call PIS on the cut because he shouldn't have been able to cut Shaw at all. And then they pull the Houdini crap and have them fight "off panel".
No you cant actually. Shaw not immune to being cut and never was. Shaw powers work wonders with blunt force trauma not piercing.

dmills
No you cant actually. Shaw not immune to being cut and never was. Shaw powers work wonders with blunt force trauma not piercing. Piercing is a type of force trauma that requires kinetic energy. And when else has he been cut or pierced? I can only recall Pierce doing it with special energy claws designed to cut Shaw. And even that wasn't enough as Pierce got pwned.

Battlehammer
Piercing is a type of force trauma that requires kinetic energy. And when else has he been cut or pierced? I can only recall Pierce doing it with special energy claws designed to cut Shaw. And even that wasn't enough as Pierce got pwned.
Because then reguire kinetic energy does not stop shaw form being cut. This is a misconception thats never been the case for any character with these powers such as guildo and shaw. hey can be cut all the same, it there actaul durability that prevents such cuts,not there ability to absorb kinetic energy. When has shaw or guildo (who bee cut several times before if no mistaken) every withstood adamatium weapons? or even piercing wepaons for that matter? They are great against blunt force trauma not piercing attacks.

pierce got beat because of wolverines help. shaw ability to withstand piercing attacks had nothing to do with it. also the claws were not specially designed to cut shaw. They were disigned so shaw did not increase in power when attack by them it had nothing to do with being able to cut shaw.

Trackz
It not, wolverine was barly bleeding. Look at shaw right after wolverine slashes his back. You can see all the blood on shaws back and hand. He was bleeding out the entire fight. It was shaws blood. Only one of them had a healing factor.

we actually see blood come from wolverines mouth when shaw is choking him, but we get to see shaw form all angles and theres no wound or blood at all. Wolverine can barely speak and Wolverine flipping shaw off him, still doesn't explain why the pool of blood would be beneath wolverine...

Battlehammer
we actually see blood come from wolverines mouth when shaw is choking him, but we get to see shaw form all angles and theres no wound or blood at all. Wolverine can barely speak and Wolverine flipping shaw off him, still doesn't explain why the pool of blood would be beneath wolverine...
Yes it does shaw was on his back bleeding out wolverine flipped him over were shaw bled even more all over the ground.......

I hate argueing with you, you cant even pick up on the easiest of things. The blood was shaws, look at the first scan, it clearly his blood dispite the artist getting a little lazy. You trying to argue that wolverine spit all that blood from his mouth? Thats rediculous. I bet my member ship on the forum that the author and artist would both agree with me that it shaws blood.

Trackz
Yes it does shaw was on his back bleeding out wolverine flipped him over were shaw bled even more all over the ground.......

I hate argueing with you, you cant even pick up on the easiest of things. The blood was shaws, look at the first scan, it clearly his blood dispite the artist getting a little lazy. You trying to argue that wolverine spit all that blood from his mouth? Thats rediculous. I bet my member ship on the forum that the author and artist would both agree with me that it shaws blood. if that is true then there would be blood where Shaw had gotten up from and trailing him when he walked toward wolverine. Instead the only pool of blood is that under wolverine, we also dont see the pool of blood until shaw makes wolverine bleed here:

those are the only visible blood stains. while Shaw is completely clean, hardly "bleeding out"

notice, no blood where shaw gets up and walks over to wolverine from, but there is plenty of blood under wolverine, on top of that he can barely speak.

dmills
if that is true then there would be blood where Shaw had gotten up from and trailing him when he walked toward wolverine. Instead the only pool of blood is that under wolverine, we also dont see the pool of blood until shaw makes wolverine bleed here:

those are the only visible blood stains. while Shaw is completely clean, hardly "bleeding out"

notice, no blood where shaw gets up and walks over to wolverine from, but there is plenty of blood under wolverine, on top of that he can barely speak. I think we can all agree that the scene was very poorly executed. I think the only way to make sense of it is, Wolverine tossed Shaw off of him (which shouldn't have been possible) and then staggered around before collapsing back to his knees in front of the powerlines. Otherwise how did Shaw end up so far behind Wolverine after being tossed over him? Obviously Wolverine wasn't in the same spot as before so it's safe to say it wasn't Shaws blood on the floor, it was Wolverine's.

dmills
Because then reguire kinetic energy does not stop shaw form being cut. This is a misconception thats never been the case for any character with these powers such as guildo and shaw. hey can be cut all the same, it there actaul durability that prevents such cuts,not there ability to absorb kinetic energy. When has shaw or guildo (who bee cut several times before if no mistaken) every withstood adamatium weapons? or even piercing wepaons for that matter? They are great against blunt force trauma not piercing attacks.

pierce got beat because of wolverines help. shaw ability to withstand piercing attacks had nothing to do with it. also the claws were not specially designed to cut shaw. They were disigned so shaw did not increase in power when attack by them it had nothing to do with being able to cut shaw. What are you talking about? If Shaw absorbs the kinetic energy then he can't be cut because the force required to creat the puncture or laceration is absorbed thus taking away the penetration. It's kind of like Black panthers vibranium suit. And Guido's power works differently then Shaw's. Shaw's is more efficient.

Wolfblood77
I think we can all agree that the scene was very poorly executed. I think the only way to make sense of it is, Wolverine tossed Shaw off of him (which shouldn't have been possible) and then staggered around before collapsing back to his knees in front of the powerlines. Otherwise how did Shaw end up so far behind Wolverine after being tossed over him? Obviously Wolverine wasn't in the same spot as before so it's safe to say it wasn't Shaws blood on the floor, it was Wolverine's.

Poorly executed it was (i agree) but look at the final 2 panels on the first scan.

There is blood on Shaw's hand and in the final panel you can see the back of his neck has blood on it. So he was definitely bleeding.

As far as the fight goes, IronShaw would be immensely difficult to beat. So I say 8/10 to IronShaw.

dmills
Originally posted by Wolfblood77
Poorly executed it was (i agree) but look at the final 2 panels on the first scan.

There is blood on Shaw's hand and in the final panel you can see the back of his neck has blood on it. So he was definitely bleeding.

As far as the fight goes, IronShaw would be immensely difficult to beat. So I say 8/10 to IronShaw. No doubt. But I'm not arguing that Shaw wasn't bleeding in the first set of panels, the dispute is about the third set of panels where Wolvie is on his knees in a pool of blood. I was saying that that particular pool of blood was Wolverine's because that's the only way the last scan makes any sense. It was in a different spot from where Wolverine and Shaw were originally grappling.

dmills
oops..

Juk3n
shifty

Warlord
Ironshaw

dark claw 2.0 wins. How? He runs a billion fight scenarios in his mind and then stabs shaw through the eyes. It's over!

Except for isronshaw spasming about blindly

The Nuul
Originally posted by Mindset
Doom wins

AH no, Orion solos.

dmills
IronShaw. Easily.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.