Anti-Mxyzptlk team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Astner
Team

Classic Ion
Classic Parallax
James Jaspers
Jamie Braddock
Phoenix of the White Crown
Morpheus (Sandman)
The God-Thing
Wanda Maximoff (House of M)

How do they fare against Mr. Mxyzptlk?

Enyalus
Mxy loses. Every time.

leonheartmm
morpheus and wanda alone are above myx individually.

Galan007
Originally posted by Enyalus
Mxy loses. Every time. ^ Yes.

Individually, Mxy could beat any of them imo (with the exception of Swamp-God.) But all of them together is just too much.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Galan007
^ Yes.

Individually, Mxy could beat any of them imo (with the exception of Swamp-God.) But all of them together is just too much.

Hm. I think ZH Parallax would fare well against Mxy. He owned Spectre while his attention was split, and created a universe. I'll take your word that Swamp God is above Mxy (I haven't read it, but I am reading Millar's run.) Jaspers and Braddock come close to Mxy IMO (but I'll grant you they lose individually). And, for my money, Wanda would beat Mxy solo, as well.

Galan007
Hm. I think ZH Parallax would fare well against Mxy. He owned Spectre while his attention was split, and created a universe. I think Mxy would embarrass Parallax, personally. I mean, Parallax never actually succeeded in creating a universe, nor did he own Spectre. He fared well, sure - but own him, he did not.

Mxy, on the other hand, has owned everyone/thing in the DCU (Spectre included.) He's also destroyed/created universes with ease.

I'll take your word that Swamp God is above Mxy (I haven't read it, but I am reading Millar's run.) The Word itself said that ST was powerful enough to overthrow the Voice/God.

And naturally, the Word < ST as well.

And, for my money, Wanda would beat Mxy solo, as well. I disagree.

Enyalus
I think Mxy would embarass Parallax, personally. I mean, Parallax never actually succeeded in creating a universe, nor did he own Spectre. He faired well, sure - but own him, he did not.

He blew a hole through Spectre's chest, didn't he? Or hit him in the chest with a blast that took Spectre down. This was while beating the other heroes and Extant.

I disagree.
But she, like, collapsed and rewrote the omniverse, dude!

LDHZenkai
How exactly are any of these characters going to beat mxy? You can't BFR him or kill him. He can, however, instantly destroy an omniverse as easily as me or you ripping up a piece of paper.

Enyalus
Originally posted by LDHZenkai
How exactly are any of these characters going to beat mxy? You can't BFR him or kill him. He can, however, instantly destroy an omniverse as easily as me or you ripping up a piece of paper.

Cut the Mxy wanking out. DC wasn't even an omniverse at the time. And Hypertime can **** itself.

Galan007
He blew a hole through Spectre's chest, didn't he? Or hit him in the chest with a blast that took Spectre down. This was while beating the other heroes and Extant.Parallax blasted Spectre, sure. But at the end, it was Spectre who ultimately beat him and reset everything.

And Parallax wasn't fighting Extant, btw. Thery were on the same side.

But she, like, collapsed and rewrote the omniverse, dude! I've often wondered what would have happened had an uber time manipulator been 'on scene' and froze time just before Wanda released teh Wave?

Astner

But she, like, collapsed and rewrote the omniverse, dude!
No, she just altered it.

And Mr. Mxyzptlk has the greatest feats of them all. It's quality vs quantity.

Enyalus
Parallax blasted Spectre, sure. But at the end, it was Spectre who ultimately beat him and reset everything.

And Parallax wasn't fighting Extant, btw. Thery were on the same side.

Extant turns on him towards the end...right? My memory of Zero Hour is sketchy.

I've often wondered what would have happened had an uber time manipulator been 'on scene' and froze time just before Wanda released teh Wave?
Huh. I've never wondered that, lol. Chaos magic doesn't play by laws of physics like time, though, so...I'm not sure. I do know once she did release it, it was breaking down all laws of physics so a time manipulator would be irrelevant.

guy222
Team

Enyalus
Originally posted by Astner
No, she just altered it.

Not true. She was collapsing the branes between realities and making them all crash together. On an omniversal level. Then she rewrites the omniverse. Multiple times (as evidenced by what is said during the House of M Exiles crossovers).

Galan007
Extant turns on him towards the end...right? Nope.

Huh. I've never wondered that, lol. Chaos magic doesn't play by laws of physics like time, though, so...I'm not sure. I do know once she did release it, it was breaking down all laws of physics so a time manipulator would be irrelevant. That's after she releases the Wave. But what happens if time is stopped before she ever gets a chance to release it? IMO, she'd be screwed.

Enyalus
That's after she releases the Wave. But what happens if time is stopped before she ever gets a chance to release it?
Yeah, not sure. Chaos magic doesn't follow standard rules, like time. And thats what she uses. So its possible it wouldn't work. Also possible that it would, of course.

*shrug*

Galan007
Yeah, not sure. Chaos magic doesn't follow standard rules, like time. And thats what she uses. So its possible it wouldn't work. Also possible that it would, of course.

*shrug* Hm. I'll believe it wouldn't work when I see proof of a time based attack from a character on, say, Mxy's level, fail against her. Until then, I think that's a very plausible thing he could do. However, it doesn't really matter where this thread is concerned.

Mindset
Kyle wins, he doesn't need the Ion power.

Naija boy
Pffft. All u need is Takion the avatar of the ultimate concept and mxy is screwed.

shokosugi
Mxy wins.

kevdude
Originally posted by leonheartmm
morpheus and wanda alone are above myx individually.

thumb up Along with the Swamp God, who is nearly equal with The Word.

LDHZenkai
Cut the Mxy wanking out. DC wasn't even an omniverse at the time. And Hypertime can **** itself.
There is no mxy wanking going on. I'm stating he wins based on what he's done on panel. Or has then been a time when anything has actually been able to kill him or BFR him (outside of his on imposed rules)? If so please post the scans showing me. I must have missed them.

TricksterPriest

No, you can go **** yourself. doped Hypertime exists, you just are too biased to see the truth.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
No, you can go **** yourself. doped Hypertime exists, you just are too biased to see the truth. You calling someone else bias. That's funny. Team stomps.

leonheartmm
seriously, do people even KNOW who morpheus IS?!?!?!?!!!?!

the endless are SIGNIFICANTLY above the 5th dimensional imps.

Nihilist
Team wins handily.

Galan007
Originally posted by kevdude
thumb up Along with the Swamp God, who is nearly equal with The Word. Swamp God > the Word. That's why Constantine transformed ST back into his human form before the Word arrived.

the endless are SIGNIFICANTLY above the 5th dimensional imps. Boy, I'd like to see proof of that. iirc, all of the Endless ceased to be, when we were shown the end of the universe during 'Books of Magic'.

Enyalus
Boy, I'd like to see proof of that. iirc, all of the Endless ceased to be, when we were shown the end of the universe during 'Books of Magic'.

That's what I was thinking...Dream's powerful. Mxy-powerful? Don't think so...

AlmightyKfish
Isn't that because the Endless' existance depends on sentient life? I mean, without anything to dream Morpheus couldn't exist and neither could his dimension. I never thought that that affected their level of power.

Also, wasn't it the end of time and thus all things everywhere ceased to exist? So that would have to include 5D Imps and such, as their sentient life so the concepts that the Endless represent would still work for them? That being said, we don't know if 5D Imps exist in Vertigo continuity..

I guess the problem is Dream never had many combat feats. He's a master manipulator and such though. He could prolly trick Mxy into getting his power.

But it doesn't matter, as the rest of the team make this horrific spite against Mxy.

Enyalus
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Also, wasn't it the end of time and thus all things everywhere ceased to exist? So that would have to include 5D Imps and such, as their sentient life so the concepts that the Endless represent would still work for them? That being said, we don't know if 5D Imps exist in Vertigo continuity..

Well, Dream (Daniel) has feats in the DCU. Morpheus was dead by this time though...

AlmightyKfish
Well, Dream (Daniel) has feats in the DCU. Morpheus was dead by this time though...

Well they have the same power. Daniel became a new aspect of dream when Morphues died, it's the same power just different personifications.

That being said I don't know many of Daniel's feats as Dream so I can't match him up to MXy.

Galan007
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Also, wasn't it the end of time and thus all things everywhere ceased to exist? So that would have to include 5D Imps and such, as their sentient life so the concepts that the Endless represent would still work for them?. The word universe was used a few times to describe that event.

I, for one, am certainly not one of those people who think that when the word universe (in the singular sense) is used, the writers are really referring to every universe/dimension in a given company.

kevdude
Swamp God > the Word. That's why Constantine transformed ST back into his human form before the Word arrived.

Boy, I'd like to see proof of that. iirc, all of the Endless ceased to be, when we were shown the end of the universe during 'Books of Magic'.

Constantine transformed the Swamp God because the battle would probably have been to much for the world to stand. The Parliaments and Tefe know he would have lost in the end vs The Word and that was why Tefe was needed. Swamp God is nothing to mess with.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Astner
Team

Classic Ion
Classic Parallax
James Jaspers
Jamie Braddock
Phoenix of the White Crown
Morpheus (Sandman)
The God-Thing
Wanda Maximoff (House of M)

How do they fare against Mr. Mxyzptlk?
Jamie and Jaspers stalemate Mxy imo,
and Wanda defeats him imo.

Time manipulation on Wanda is useless, (before or during HOM)
Wanda was in charge of all reality
(time/space and everything inbetween) in the Omniverse.

For those who don't know,
Dr. Strange "fried" Wanda's brain right before HOM,
which is also before she reached her full potential.
Strange did this, after several attacks (including time-based) didn't work,
and still,
Wanda recovered and well, increased in power and became God. (sorta)

Now, of course Strange isn't Mxy,
but just sayin, even while Wanda was not at full potential,
and vulnerable due to madness, shruged off his time-based attack effortlessly,
he had to re-sort to messing with her emotions to stop her,
that's how he "fried" her, by making her see what she had done to her friends. (killed some)

Galan007
Originally posted by kevdude
Constantine transformed the Swamp God because the battle would probably have been to much for the world to stand. The Parliaments and Tefe know he would have lost in the end vs The Word and that was why Tefe was needed. Swamp God is nothing to mess with. Meh, as a normal human, ST obviously would've been nothing in comparison to the Word. That's the reason Tefe was really needed. Before this, ST remarked on how his own power far surpassed that of the Word (and Constantine did not disagree.) It was only after statements like this were made, and after Constantine knew the Word was nearly at their location, that he transformed ST into a human.

imo, more things point to ST being more powerful, than not. Either way, your last statement = thumb up.

Originally posted by Mr Master
Now, of course Strange isn't Mxy Exactly. Thus, Strange's ineffectiveness vs. Wanda doesn't mean much at all (if anything), where Mxy is concerned.

LDHZenkai
Jaspers has a huge flaw in his power. He has to have some reality to have power. It's been shown there are places where reality doesn't exist (PIS in my opinion but w/e). Mxy doesn't need anything. His powers have shown to always work no matter what. Jamie Braddock is crazy. So mxy can just mess with his mind to win that fight. HOM Wanda could possibly stalemate.

Enyalus
Jamie Braddock is crazy. So mxy can just mess with his mind to win that fight.
Mxy's a telepath?
HOM Wanda could possibly stalemate.
Woah! Don't get crazy and go out on a limb, now.

LDHZenkai

Mxy's a telepath?

Woah! Don't get crazy and go out on a limb, now.

Mxy can turn your thoughts into real physical things. I'm pretty sure that indicates he has some telepathic powers. How could you seriously think a being who can create universes can't read minds? If he can create psychics then why wouldn't he give himself that ability? And either way, when I said mess with his mind I didn't mean psychically...i meant mess with his mind. You know, because he's crazy and has a fragile psyche and thinks his delusions are real. And mxy can recreate the universe with a snap of his fingers. Or destroy realities in the same way. Wanda never showed the ability to do that as easily as mxy has. that's why i say stalemate.

Galan007
Mxy's a telepath? Well, the Mxy Twins casually toyed with Superman's mind:

http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1595415_mxytwins2.jpg http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1595416_mxytwins3.jpg

And if you know anything about Superman, you know that screwing with his mind to the point of insanity is quite an impressive telepathy feat.

----

He's also messed with Mumm-Ra's head:

http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1595417_mr1.jpg http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1595418_mr2.jpg http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1595419_mr3.jpg

Those scans are more noteworthy because Mumm-Ra was literally shocked by the power Mxy wields (Mumm being ridiculously uber in his own right.)

Enyalus
Well, the Mxy Twins casually toyed with Superman's mind:

And if you know anything about Superman, you know that screwing with his mind to the point of insanity is quite an impressive telepathy feat.

Ah. I don't think I have that. Or at least, I've never seen it before. Cool.

He's also messed with Mumm-Ra's head:

Those scans are more noteworthy because Mumm-Ra was literally shocked by the power Mxy wields (Mumm being ridiculously uber in his own right.)

LOL! Isn't Mumm-Ra a Thundercats villain? Was this a crossover, or does DC produce T-Cats comics? no expression

Anywho, no problem. You proved your case. My bad.

Galan007
LOL! Isn't Mumm-Ra a Thundercats villain? Was this a crossover, or does DC produce T-Cats comics? no expressionThundercats are property of Wildstorm - and Wildstorm is property of DC. Those scans are from a Wildstorm/DC crossover. smile

Enyalus
Thundercats are property of Wildstorm - and Wildstorm is property of DC. Those scans are from a Wildstorm/DC crossover. smile
laughing out loud That is awesome. I <3 Wildstorm.

...Except for their WoW comics.

Galan007
...Except for their WoW comics. sick

Mr Master
Fair enough, but by that same token,
Mxy's effectiveness over time doesn't mean much at all either (if anything),
where Wanda is concerned.

Imo, There's nothing Mxy has ever done that would suggest he can beat Wanda.

Stalemate? Perhaps,
but imo he loses ...

... why?

Cause Wanda
(in a serious setting/arc,
not 4th wall garbage or stories deemed non-canon by Editors in chief)
literally morphed/tore down everything outside of 616,
while simultaneously remaking 616 itself in her image)

As you know, Wanda then rebooted the Omniverse with a thought,
while simultaneously nullifying the mutant gene
from 90% of all mutants across all timelines.

During HOM, Wanda's power was stated to be by the writer:
"beyond any sentience,
no matter how grandiose it's opinion of itself"

(hm ... even the LT is a sentience withIN the Omniverse)

The writer also had Roma saying,
that Wanda's power (Chaos Wave)
would turn order and chaos upside down across all creation,
"perhaps even the Ascension itself" (possibly where God dwells)

So, the bottomline imo:

Taking World's Funnest into consideration:

Wanda vs Mxy = a stalemate

Dismissing World's Funnest as non-canon as the Editor in-Chief of DC did:

Wanda vs Mxy = Wanda FTW!

*** This outcome is my opinion, so ... no need to reply with a snide remark. stick out tongue

leonheartmm
^multiverse

and in dream of a thousand cats, morpheus was ability to reality manipulate the enitre world into sumthing vastly different simply with the dreams of one thousand cats/kittens. the endless are stronger than the imps.

LDHZenkai
I still say Mxy takes it based on the fact at his full power it's stated he can dominate all time and space. And I'm assuming that a character who can crossover companies means ALL time and space when he says it. Not just the main DCU.

Mindset
I still say Mxy takes it based on the fact at his full power it's stated he can dominate all time and space. And I'm assuming that a character who can crossover companies means ALL time and space when he says it. Not just the main DCU. When has he crossed over companies?

Mr Master

I still say Mxy takes it based on the fact
at his full power it's stated he can dominate all time and space.
Wait, and some how the Marvel Omniverse is not all time and space?

no expression

By your logic here, you have to atleast make it a stalemate,
if all you're considering is power over all time/space.

And I'm assuming that a character who can crossover companies
means ALL time and space when he says it. Not just the main DCU.
facepalm

So now you believe Mxy has control over all time/space in Marvel,
cuz he appeared in a freakin cross-over with the Impossible Man?

(I mean ... LOL!!! ... Mxy didn't do anything special in that cross-over,
like ... nothing at all ... LOL!!!)

If it wasn't for its redundancy ... I'd add another face palm smilie.

Mindset

If it wasn't for its redundancy ... I'd add another face palm smilie. Do it, be a bad boy.

Mr Master
big grin

Originally posted by Mindset

When has mxy crossed over companies?
Other than a collaborative Marvel/DC non-canon cross-over?

Never.

And yes, even though that cross-over comedy is referenced in IM's bio,
it's non-canon
cuz it does not affect or influence Marvel/DC continuity in any way.
(well, definitely not Marvel)

Meh, that crap is only mentioned in IM's bio cuz IM has very few appearances,
so to give his limited bio a bit more life, every account is noted.

But nevertheless, like all Marvel involved cross-overs,
the events withIN said cross-overs remain withIN said cross-overs,
and never spill into continuity thank goodness.

LDHZenkai
Wait, and some how the Marvel Omniverse is not all time and space?

no expression

By your logic here, you have to atleast make it a stalemate,
if all you're considering is power over all time/space.

facepalm

So now you believe Mxy has control over all time/space in Marvel,
cuz he appeared in a freakin cross-over with the Impossible Man?

(I mean ... LOL!!! ... Mxy didn't do anything special in that cross-over,
like ... nothing at all ... LOL!!!)

If it wasn't for its redundancy ... I'd add another face palm smilie.
Oh I'm sorry it does say he is all powerful. My fault for not typing exactly what was stated in the comic. I just assumed everyone had read the EJ thing. And if he can crossover into marvel I'm assuming he keeps all his powers. Or wasn't stated that he didn't. Also he is the only character that could do that particular feat as far as i know. And your first statement makes absolutely no sense at all. So i'll wait for you to gather your thoughts and let you figure out how to type them out in an interpretable way. Because I never stated the Marvel Omniverse wasn't all time and space. I never said anything even near that. And I did say it could be a stalemate. I said I was leaning towards Mxy and it's based on what is said in EJ. Superman says he's never been all powerful. Mxy then says that he actually understands if he destroys all of reality he wont have anyone to play with. Add in the fact he routinely smacks down The Spectre who is supposed to be all super god powered guy, his destroying and recreating of different universes, the fact that he can't be killed or bfrd, and pretty much all the other stuff that's been shown on panel of Mxy, and I'd have to say I think he wins.

Mr Master

Oh I'm sorry it does say he is all powerful.
My fault for not typing exactly what was stated in the comic.
I just assumed everyone had read the EJ thing.
Several characers are "all powerful" in Marvel.

So this means nothing.

And if he can crossover into marvel I'm assuming he keeps all his powers.
Or wasn't stated that he didn't.
... LOL ... show me Mxy entering Marvel outside of a cross-over,
the show me Mxy at-least using his popwers

Also he is the only character that could do that particular feat as far as i know.
What? .. being drawn in a cross-over?

You kidding right? (that's not even a feat dude)

IM visited DC too friend, they both visited each other's worlds
in that comedy of a story.

And your first statement makes absolutely no sense at all. So i'll wait for you to gather your thoughts and let you figure out how to type them out in an interpretable way. Because I never stated the Marvel Omniverse wasn't all time and space. I never said anything even near that.
You stated that Mxy wins cause he doominates all time and space,
well, if I had just said that HOM Wanda did the same,
and come back as the that being the reasoning behind Mxy winning,
logic dictates you meant what I stated.

You have to gather the sensibility of the context of your posts,
lest outside perspectives get confused by what you're trying to say.

And I did say it could be a stalemate. I said I was leaning towards Mxy and it's based on what is said in EJ. Superman says he's never been all powerful. Mxy then says that he actually understands if he destroys all of reality he wont have anyone to play with. Add in the fact he routinely smacks down The Spectre who is supposed to be all super god powered guy, his destroying and recreating of different universes, the fact that he can't be killed or bfrd, and pretty much all the other stuff that's been shown on panel of Mxy, and I'd have to say I think he wins.
None of that impresses me enough to place MXy above Wanda,
or even Jaspers.

Both had the power to destroy all reality,
heck Wanda did it in fact, and then with a thought put it all back,
and Jaspers would've done it had it not been for his anti-JJ plot device (the Fury)

Cobweb literally saw it happening
in a possible alternate Future where the Fury did not stop Jaspers,
and Matrix/Merlyn certified this vision by corroborating what she saw.

Astner
^multiverse
The panel says the omniverse.

leonheartmm
the panel is wrong.

Xplosive
Team easily.

During HOM, Wanda's power was stated to be by the writer:
"beyond any sentience,
no matter how grandiose it's opinion of itself"

(hm ... even the LT is a sentience withIN the Omniverse)

Like I always said, Wanda would take Living Tribunal down and was probably tossing with him effortlessly during HOM along with all MU.

Anyway, Wanda alone crushes Mxy.

Galan007
And yes, even though that cross-over comedy is referenced in IM's bio,
it's non-canon
cuz it does not affect or influence Marvel/DC continuity in any way.
(well, definitely not Marvel)

Meh, that crap is only mentioned in IM's bio cuz IM has very few appearances,
so to give his limited bio a bit more life, every account is noted. The crossover is specifically mentioned in IM's official Marvel bio, yet it's non-canon?

Meh, whatevs.. ermm

Philosophía
laughing out loud

xJLxKing
Didn't Mxy say he is going to hang out with his four fantastic friends?

LDHZenkai
So Mister M. it's only canon if you consider it to be? This is interesting. And Mxys feat are greater than Wandas, unless of course we don't consider any of his feats canon because you didn't like them? The difference is Mxy's feats were made out in a comical way, and wandas in a dangerous way. You seem to not comprehend the difference in the way the characters are written though being as I've tried to have this conversation with you before. So we'll just have to agree to disagree on anything Mxy related. I do have a question though how would Wanda kill mxy? Mxy has to give up all his powers to be able to die, and even then he came back to life.

xJLxKing
I though Mxy said he died and he didn't like it.

Astner
the panel is wrong.
Are you debating against what's canon?

I once asked you to provide a source for your definition, which you didn't do. Yet you have the nerve to continue rambling about how the panel statement--even after it has been reiterated time after time--is inaccurate.

That is an act of trolling.

LDHZenkai
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Didn't Mxy say he is going to hang out with his four fantastic friends?
yea he also said it was blubbering time and other such things. yet it's still not canon because mr. m. didn't like the story :-/ oh well.
mxy feats > hom wanda feats on panel. And since mxy remembers everything he does in every other comic I would assume it should make it canon.

Galan007
yea he also said it was blubbering time and other such things. yet it's still not canon because mr. m. didn't like the story :-/ oh well.
mxy feats > hom wanda feats on panel. And since mxy remembers everything he does in every other comic I would assume it should make it canon. That event (where Mxy impersonated IM) actually happened in a DC comic, but was still referenced in IM's official Marvel bio. The other event (where Mxy and IM interract) happened in a Mavel/DC crossover, and was also referenced in IM's official Marvel bio.

But yeah, apparently Marvel just gathers random happenings and throws them into their official bios to help fill the page (regardless of canonicity.) Apparently, their bios aren't much more reliable than Wiki.

Bastards. ermm

LDHZenkai
That event (where Mxy impersonated IM) actually happened in a DC comic, but was still referenced in IM's official Marvel bio. The other event (where Mxy and IM interract) happened in a Mavel/DC crossover, and was also referenced in IM's official Marvel bio.

But yeah, apparently Marvel just gathers random happenings and throws them into their official bios to help fill the page (regardless of canonicity.) Apparently, their bios aren't much more reliable than Wiki.

Bastards. ermm
they're tricky devils they are.

Mr Master

The crossover is specifically mentioned in IM's official Marvel bio,
yet it's non-canon?
Correct.

Mxy has nothing to do with Marvel cosmology, so yea, its non-canon.

On top of that,
none of the references in IM's bio mentioned Mxy's actual name either,
sure there are allusions to it being him, (mixed pickels or whatever)
but if it were truly canon, then his real name would be included.

Also, try and find any of those indirect references in the FF bio,
or any of the FF individual bios, or even Silver Surfer's bio,
or any bio whatsoever in any Handbook whatsoever outside of IM's bio.

Ga head and try.

What you will find is that only IM's bio makes that subtle reference.

And why is that?

Cause only concerning IM does Mxy have any significance in Marvel,
and cause like Stan lee's avatar stated on panel, IM is a rip off of Mxy.
He also stated, that Marvel fans complained cause like Mxy,
IM is a joke, and not meant to be taken seriously.

Again:

The only reason a subtle vague reference is mention in IM's bio,
is because IM's historical data is minute,
so in order to give it more spice, they included every event involving IM,
including the cross-over with Mxy,
including connecting a relationship between IM & Mxy (DC reference in IM's bio)

Mr Master

So Mister M. it's only canon if you consider it to be?

This is interesting.
I never said that,
so stop trying to make for yourself a reputation that spells out bull shit

And Mxys feat are greater than Wandas, unless of course we don't consider any of his feats canon because you didn't like them?
There's nothing that Mxy has done, that places him above Wanda.

The difference is Mxy's feats were made out in a comical way, and wandas in a dangerous way. You seem to not comprehend the difference in the way the characters are written though being as I've tried to have this conversation with you before.
This sanctimonious babble is hilarious.

So we'll just have to agree to disagree on anything Mxy related.
I don't have a problem with that.

I do have a question though how would Wanda kill mxy? Mxy has to give up all his powers to be able to die, and even then he came back to life.
I never said Wanda would kill Mxy,
I never even suggested how Wanda would beat him,
I simply stated my opinion,
I said Wanda defeats Mxy, period.

I then said,
if we dismiss World's Funnest as the Editor in-Chief of DC did,
then Wanda wins, and easily at that.

If we consider World's Funnest,
then they stalemate, because both displayed the same kinda scope of influence.

Mindset

Bastards. ermm I'd actually say that's a pretty accurate assessment. srug

LDHZenkai
I never said that,
so stop trying to make for yourself a reputation that spells out bull shit

There's nothing that Mxy has done, that places him above Wanda.

This sanctimonious babble is hilarious.

I don't have a problem with that.

I never said Wanda would kill Mxy,
I never even suggested how Wanda would beat him,
I simply stated my opinion,
I said Wanda defeats Mxy, period.

I then said,
if we dismiss World's Funnest as the Editor in-Chief of DC did,
then Wanda wins, and easily at that.

If we consider World's Funnest,
then they stalemate, because both displayed the same kinda scope of influence.

you sir are hilarious. Was wandas powers shown to be so much more than EJ? And you're saying Wanda defeats mxy...without saying how? So we know she can't kill him, she can't bfr him, so how exactly does win? We know mxy can exist in the absence of reality....when was it ever shown that wanda could? And still it is amazingly entertaining to me how you can't tell the difference in the way DC portrays Mxy and the way they portray other characters. I think you do but you just want to argue. I'm pretty sure there's no one on this board who thinks DC portrays Mxy as a menacing creature. If they did I think they wouldn't be using him painting his face blue and things like that as a way to defeat a being who can blink everything out of existence. But like i said we agree to disagree b/c despite the on panel proof you are just going to keep low balling mxy.

Mr Master

I'd actually say that's a pretty accurate assessment.
thumb up ... (except for Marvel handbooks equating to Wiki garbage.

apparently Marvel just gathers random happenings and throws them into their official bios to help fill the page (regardless of canonicity.)
Just let me know when you find any nameless subtle indirect reference to Mxy
in any other bio aside from IM's.

Then you can make a statement like that with weight behind it.

Until then ... stick out tongue

LDHZenkai
thumb up ... (except for Marvel handbooks equating to Wiki garbage.

Then you can make a statement like that with weight behind it.

Until then ... stick out tongue
if mxy resets reality back to what it was before he arrived, and it's shown that most people don't remember him being there, then why would anyone elses Bio have him in it? That wouldn't make sense. And no I don't want to argue about mxy vs anyone. Just asking a simple question.

Mindset
If that's the case, why would it be in IM's bio?

LDHZenkai
If that's the case, why would it be in IM's bio?
Because he didn't erase his memory.....just like he usually doesn't erase supermans. Typically whoever he's playing with remembers it...

Mindset
What does him erasing their memories or not have to do with it being in their bios?

edit:Nm, I don't care.

OneDumbG0
Parallax blasted Spectre, sure. But at the end, it was Spectre who ultimately beat him and reset everything.Actually... it was a combination of Parallax expending his energy creating a plasma universe template, an assault by Waverider's entire team of heroes, Spectre's attack, more heroes assaulting him after Spectre was out of the picture and eventually Ollie's arrow that ultimately beat him.

Then Spectre reappeared and pumped more power into Damage who had already absorbed the plasma universe template to create a new Big Bang to restore everything.

biscuits

Mr Master

you sir are hilarious.
Not nearly as hilarious as the guy who actually believes Mxy visited the real world. laughing

Was wandas powers shown to be so much more than EJ?
Wanda tore down the Omniverse outside of 616, while simultaneously remaking 616.

Then Wanda rebuilt the Omniverse, remade 616 once again
and nullified the mutant gene from 90% of the population across all Timelines.

(with a thought btw)

And you're saying Wanda defeats mxy...without saying how? So we know she can't kill him, she can't bfr him, so how exactly does win?
Over powering him? dur

We know mxy can exist in the absence of reality....
when was it ever shown that wanda could?
no expression

He can exist outside of reality? ... Really ... oh my ... he's God.

LOL!!!

Warlock, the Fury, heck freakin Reed Richards, amongst others
even MJJ while powerless can exist outside of reality

Is this a joke?

And still it is amazingly entertaining to me how you can't tell the difference in the way DC portrays Mxy and the way they portray other characters. I think you do but you just want to argue. I'm pretty sure there's no one on this board who thinks DC portrays Mxy as a menacing creature. If they did I think they wouldn't be using him painting his face blue and things like that as a way to defeat a being who can blink everything out of existence. But like i said we agree to disagree b/c despite the on panel proof you are just going to keep low balling mxy.
Dude, I could care less
how/what DC does with Mxy or anyone else belonging to their company,
what concerns me is Marvel comics/facts.

But when clownish reasoning is used to debate like:

"Mxy visited the real world,"
or "Mxy has power over all time/space in Marvel"
because of a silly cross-over appearance where he did nothing special,
I have to step up to the plate and make my mind known.

guy222
Mxy loses this

Galan007
Mxy has nothing to do with Marvel cosmology, so yea, its non-canon. Mxy was referenced a few times in IM's official Marvel bio. So he apparently does have something to do with Marvel cosmology, at some level (however minute it may be.)

Then you can make a statement like that with weight behind it. So now a character has to be mentioned in more than one official Marvel bio for their appearance to be canonical?

Gotcha. thumb up

Mekrob
Mxy was referenced a few times in IM's official Marvel bio. So he apparently does have something to do with Marvel cosmology, at some level (however minute it may be.)

So now a character has to be mentioned in more than one official Marvel bio for their appearance to be canonical?

Gotcha. thumb up Do you remember Scathan?

Galan007
^ Dunno.

As long as he was referenced in two or more bios, he should be okay - and by okay I mean canonical/worth me remembering.

Mekrob
^ Dunno.

As long as he was referenced in two or more bios, he should be okay - and by okay I mean canonical/worth me remembering. You don't.

Because iirc he was only mentioned once, maybe twice.

Galan007
Makes sense. thumb up

Mekrob
Not really, but it's fact.

Galan007
It's one of those facts that changes from thread to thread. thumb up

Mekrob
That's why it's called convenience.

You don't have to accept anything used against you that you normally use, as long as you can pick and choose.

Mr Master

if mxy resets reality back to what it was before he arrived,
and it's shown that most people don't remember him being there,
then why would anyone elses Bio have him in it?

That wouldn't make sense.
When did Mxy reset anything, even one person's mind let alone reality?

How can it make sense
if you're now making up scenarios that never took place in the cross-over.

Mr Master

Mxy was referenced a few times in IM's official Marvel bio. So he apparently does have something to do with Marvel cosmology, at some level (however minute it may be.)
Mxy has nothing to do with Marvel cosmology,
except for his one and only single appearance in a cross-over,
heck by that logic,
the entire justice league (or whatever nicknames were used) is part of Marvel's cosmology.

But actually,
a subtle indirect vague reference in a single bio is all Mxy has to do with Marvel,
and it isn't even Mxy, it's a nickname that alludes to it being Mxy.

So now a character has to be mentioned in more than one official Marvel bio for their appearance to be canonical?
I've yet to see Mxy's name in any Marvel bio at all.

That's what I got.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Mekrob

Do you remember Scathan?

he was only mentioned once, maybe twice.
Scathan appeared in an official canon alternate Marvel Universe. (not some cross-over)
Scathan was mentioned across an entire arc situated in an official canon Marvel arc. (not some cross-over)
Scathan was also mentioned by name again,
in the proceeding GOTG arc after the whole Protege incident.

Scathan (by name) was mentioned/referenced in the LT's official Handbook bio,
and the Celestials official Handbook bio,
and the GOTG's official Handbook bio.

(3 official Marvel Handbooks)

Unlike the other cat that only appeared in a Marvel cross-over,
and was only reference (not by name) in IM's bio,
even though Silver Surfer was part of that cross-over,
for some odd reason, nothing is mentioned in SS' Handbook bio,
not even the vaguest of allusions, yet, it's canon. no expression

This was not a good comparison B.

Mekrob
lol, way to take a small example way too literally

Mr Master

lol, way to take a small example way too literally
Nah, you were making a point addressing my point,
there's nothing wrong with that btw, (you know I value your thoughts)
it's just that your point falls short in its purpose imo according to what I just posted.

Now if you were being classic B (king of sarcasm)
then my bad for not catching that. stick out tongue

I do love your wit though (sincerely) it's untouchable if you ask me.

Mekrob
I just used the first character that popped in my head that I didn't think had many bio appearances. no expression

Which was basically in response to this implication that he has to be in more than one bio to be worthy:

"Just let me know when you find any nameless subtle indirect reference to Mxy

Then you can make a statement like that with weight behind it."

LDHZenkai
When did Mxy reset anything, even one person's mind let alone reality?

How can it make sense
if you're now making up scenarios that never took place in the cross-over.
seriously? you haven't read any of the stories where mxy does something, then leaves, and no one remembers it but superman? did you read emperor joker? Where Joker kept changing reality and no one knew what was going on because he changed their memories? Then at the end of it mxy reset everything. But like I said it apparently doesn't matter whats on panel to you, you're still going to say mxy doesn't have the feats so I'm not going to bother coming back here and trying to argue with you. If you doubt what I've said go read the comic book again I guess. If you still don't understand then I don't know what to tell you..oh and for the record...the writers made up all the scenarios i mentioned. So no i wasn't making them up...i don't work for DC.

Mr Master

I just used the first character that popped in my head that I didn't think had many bio appearances.

Which was basically in response to this implication that he has to be in more than one bio to be worthy:

"Just let me know when you find any nameless subtle indirect reference to Mxy

Then you can make a statement like that with weight behind it."
Precisely, and using Scathan was a bad example,
since Scathan has appeared in an actual official Marvel arc (not cross-overs)
and has been referenced (by name) in three separate official Marvel Handbooks. stick out tongue

Sheesh B, you know I'm thorough bad boy.

Mr Master

seriously? you haven't read any of the stories where mxy does something, then leaves, and no one remembers it but superman? did you read emperor joker? Where Joker kept changing reality and no one knew what was going on because he changed their memories? Then at the end of it mxy reset everything. But like I said it
apparently doesn't matter whats on panel to you, you're still going to say mxy doesn't have the feats so I'm not going to bother coming back here and trying to argue with you. If you doubt what I've said go read the comic book again I guess. If you still don't understand then I don't know what to tell you..oh and for the record...the writers made up all the scenarios i mentioned. So no i wasn't making them up...i don't work for DC.
hum

What does any of this have to with Mxy in the Marvel cross-over?

You think you're slick,
you specifically were trying to say
that Mxy erased reality's memory in the Marvel cross-over,
and you know you were trying to say this by adding ...
actually ... see for yourself ...

... right here below:

if mxy resets reality back to what it was before he arrived,

and it's shown that most people don't remember him being there,

then why would anyone elses Bio have him in it?
Nice try.

Mekrob
Precisely, and using Scathan was a bad example,
since Scathan has appeared in an actual official Marvel arc (not cross-overs)
and has been referenced (by name) in three separate official Marvel Handbooks. stick out tongue

Sheesh B, you know I'm thorough bad boy. Jesus... it was an off the top of my head example.

So what exactly is the point of bringing up the amount of bio appearances if you have to be in an official Marvel arc?

No amount of bio appearances will mean anything if we're using your new (?) logic.

Also... wut... at your last part.

Mr Master

Jesus... it was an off the top of my head example.
Cool, I won't condemn/insult/or patronize you for it,
I told ya, I value your thoughts. smile

All I said was, it was a bad example.
So what exactly is the point of bringing up the amount of bio appearances if you have to be in an official Marvel arc?

No amount of bio appearances will mean anything if we're using your new (?) logic.
Right again, you're on a roll true debater.

My point of bringing up the Scathan bio references is for differential purposes,
you mentioned Scathan, comparing him to the allusion that signifies Mxy in IM's bio,
I mentioned how Scathan has actually been reference by name in 3 Marvel bios,
and how Scathan has actually appeared in official Marvel canon arcs.

My point was to illuminate the vast difference between the two,
why one can be/is considered canon,
while the other, can't be/isn't considered canon,
and rightfully so for said reason in our little discussion good friend.

Also... wut... at your last part.
I'm all about the details.

Xplosive
Some of you are bringing crossover and why are you even debating that (it doesn't mean anything in this battle). The point is that Mxy can't win this battle, not even close, doesn't stand a slight chance.

Galan007
lol @ this page.

LDHZenkai
hum

What does any of this have to with Mxy in the Marvel cross-over?

You think you're slick,
you specifically were trying to say
that Mxy erased reality's memory in the Marvel cross-over,
and you know you were trying to say this by adding ...
actually ... see for yourself ...

... right here below:

Nice try.
So then we come back to it only counts are official if you think it does? Despite it being in an official bio, it's not official? And as to your comment about him calling mxy mixed pickles....go look at the mxy respect thread. And yea i know i said i wouldn't come back, but i had to. I never knew you apparently worked at dc/marvel and were allowed to decide whats official for them. Also, even if you disregard world funnest as not being canon did Mxy show powers in there that he hasn't in other comics? No...i didn't think so.

Mekrob
Cool, I won't condemn/insult/or patronize you for it,
I told ya, I value your thoughts. smile

All I said was, it was a bad example.

Right again, you're on a roll true debater.

My point of bringing up the Scathan bio references is for differential purposes,
you mentioned Scathan, comparing him to the allusion that signifies Mxy in IM's bio,
I mentioned how Scathan has actually been reference by name in 3 Marvel bios,
and how Scathan has actually appeared in official Marvel canon arcs.

My point was to illuminate the vast difference between the two,
why one can be/is considered canon,
while the other, can't be/isn't considered canon,
and rightfully so for said reason in our little discussion good friend.

I'm all about the details. K, you already said that, and I know.

But you're creeping me out on another note.

Philosophía
But you're creeping me out on another note.

Overall, or just this part ?

Sheesh B, you know I'm thorough bad boy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.