The Gorgon vs Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
The Gorgon is not wearing any eyewear and has a adamantium sword. Wonder Woman is aware of the Gorgon's powers.

Edit: For this match, Gorgon's gaze cannot be used against him.

Enyalus
Diana shows him his reflection in her bracers like Wolverine did with his claws...

Starscream M
Originally posted by Enyalus
Diana shows him his reflection in her bracers like Wolverine did with his claws... edited OP

Enyalus
Originally posted by Starscream M
edited OP
Ah...I really think he takes her down more often than not. She can't be mind-raped, but MM proved her mind can be scanned even without her knowing it. Gorgon does that, he knows everything she's going to try. He's fast enough to keep up with her combat speed-wise. Adamantium blade...Wondy can't look at him (not really a problem, seeing as she's been blind before, but still.)

Deathstroke
You know what this forum needs MORE of? Gorgon threads... big grin

I think Wondy takes it partially because I really am getting sick of the Gorgon threads.

Original Smurph
Gorgon's overrated if anybody thinks he can take Diana.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Gorgon's overrated if anybody thinks he can take Diana.
Batman fared well while sparring...while he was on two separate phone calls.

Phantom Zone
Batman fared well while sparring...while he was on two separate phone calls.

That was sparring though, in other sessions its not been so easy. However in a more serious fight Batman was at leat able to give her a spot of bother, based on that WW loses.

Draco69
Wonder Woman defeated the REAL Gorgon. She beheaded Medousa during Rucka's run.

There's nothing he can do to her either than give her a cool training exercise.

Deathstroke
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
However in a more serious fight Batman was at leat able to give her a spot of bother, based on that WW loses.
In a more serious fight Wonder Woman was able to give Superman a spot of bother. Based on that I say Gordon loses.

guy222
Diana

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Deathstroke
In a more serious fight Wonder Woman was able to give Superman a spot of bother. Based on that I say Gordon loses. In a more serious fight Toyman was able to give Superman a spot of bother. Based on that I say Superman loses.

Deathstroke
In a more serious fight Toyman was able to give Superman a spot of bother. Based on that I say Superman loses.
In a more serious fight Smurph was able to SHUT HIS MOUTH!

*runs off crying*

Mindset
lol

Hyperion Prime
Wonder woman would kill him. This is not even a contest.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Deathstroke
In a more serious fight Smurph was able to SHUT HIS MOUTH!

*runs off crying* lol. Maybee. But this fight is lacking the seriousness. Because we all know Wonder Woman stomps.

Badabing
Batman fared well while sparring...while he was on two separate phone calls. And?????? It's Batman, nuff said! uhuh

Deathstroke
lol. Maybee. But this fight is lacking the seriousness. Because we all know Wonder Woman stomps.
*runs back*

True.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Badabing
And?????? It's Batman, nuff said! uhuh
If I agree, will you get off my nuts for a few days?

stick out tongue

Harbinger
lol. Maybee. But this fight is lacking the seriousness. Because we all know Wonder Woman stomps.
^ This

manx422
it was BATMAN she was sparring with
gorgon gets his head punched off
having admantium sword means nothing
she will break it

Mindset
Shut up please.

manx422
admantium has never met anyone with superman level strength

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by manx422
admantium has never met anyone with superman level strength

WTF roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

jinzin
It's true that Batman has faired pretty well against Wonder Woman, it's also true that he's done as much on at least several occasions. Then you have her miserable performance against Deathstroke and you can tell that a blinded Wonder Woman isn't going to be able to compete with Gorgon h2h. I don't really see how she's going to pull of a win in all honesty.

Starscream M
Originally posted by jinzin
It's true that Batman has faired pretty well against Wonder Woman, it's also true that he's done as much on at least several occasions. Then you have her miserable performance against Deathstroke and you can tell that a blinded Wonder Woman isn't going to be able to compete with Gorgon h2h. I don't really see how she's going to pull of a win in all honesty. seriously...how is a blind wonder woman gonna face a guy so skilled he owned logan and elektra together...

Original Smurph
It's true that Batman has faired pretty well against Wonder Woman, it's also true that he's done as much on at least several occasions. Then you have her miserable performance against Deathstroke and you can tell that a blinded Wonder Woman isn't going to be able to compete with Gorgon h2h. I don't really see how she's going to pull of a win in all honesty. laughing out loud

She could look at his feet or torso instead of his eyes. Then she could move faster than he can react, and kill him.

Starscream M
laughing out loud

She could look at his feet or torso instead of his eyes. Then she could move faster than he can react, and kill him. how is she gonna ensure she won't accidently see his eyes...that's hard to do considering gorgon isn't gonna just stand there

Original Smurph
how is she gonna ensure she won't accidently see his eyes...that's hard to do considering gorgon isn't gonna just stand there Avert her eyes?

She can simply watch his body move. This is a woman who can feel changes in air pressure and hear slight movements well enough to deflect bullets while blind. Pretty sure she can simply avoid looking at what amounts to an incredibly small surface area.

She could be behind him before he could interpret through mind reading that she was planning to do so. Then she could decapitate him, take him out via lasso, or simply BFR punch him.

Enyalus
She could be behind him before he could interpret through mind reading that she was planning to do so.
You're basing this on her showing against a damaged and mentally deficient Amazo?

jinzin
laughing out loud

She could look at his feet or torso instead of his eyes. Then she could move faster than he can react, and kill him.

Yeah? No she can't.

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/3900/conversation.jpg
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5281/conversation2.jpg
How about Gorgon reads every move she's about to make before she makes it and shanks her with an Adamantium blade

Original Smurph
You're basing this on her showing against a damaged and mentally deficient Amazo? No.

Original Smurph
Yeah? No she can't.

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/3900/conversation.jpg
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5281/conversation2.jpg
How about Gorgon reads every move she's about to make before she makes it and shanks her with an Adamantium blade Yes she can.

She is faster than he is. Blocking bullet fire is nothing compared to how fast she can move.

She can think and decide faster than he can interpret thoughts from her mind.

Enyalus
No.
Just checking. stick out tongue

Gorgon's kept up with speedsters. Most recent Secret Warriors.
(I'm probably telling you shit you already know, aren't I?)

Starscream M
Yes she can.

She is faster than he is. Blocking bullet fire is nothing compared to how fast she can move.

first, gorgon was blocking not one bullet...but trained machine gun fire

second, he could read elektra's thoughts and moves...why would ww's mind be too quick

third, how likely or in character is it for ww to move faster than a bullet in this encounter?

jinzin
Yes she can.

What the f**k?

Blocking bullets is not even REMOTELY what makes that feat impressive. Reading interpretation for the win.

If you had done more than look at the pretty pictures you would notice that he and Elektra are able to hold an entire conversation before SHIELD agents are even able to register that they're in the same room and SHIELD agents are enhanced to a minimal degree.

Wonder Woman is not faster than Gorgon, she's not a better fighter and he IS a telepath with a infinite healing factor, and a one look kill weapon.

She loses this fight.

Original Smurph
Just checking. stick out tongue

Gorgon's kept up with speedsters. Most recent Secret Warriors.
(I'm probably telling you shit you already know, aren't I?) No worries. Haha, well, I did know that. But it's really nothing on Diana's level. srug

Starscream M
What the f**k?

Blocking bullets is not even REMOTELY what makes that feat impressive. Reading interpretation for the win.
what's impressive is that he essentially pwned logan and elektra while handicapped (not even using his most powerful asset)...

jinzin
what's impressive is that he essentially pwned logan and elektra while handicapped (not even using his most powerful asset)...

Seriously... And they had prep, help, AND a sneak attack.... Somehow a handicapped Wonder Woman is going to do what they couldn't together even though she has displayed repeated difficulty with gifted street levels in h2h combat.

Kris Blaze
Seriously... And they had prep, help, AND a sneak attack.... Somehow a handicapped Wonder Woman is going to do what they couldn't together even though she has displayed repeated difficulty with gifted street levels in h2h combat.

How is she handicapped?

And how is Wolverine and Elektra even REMOTELY comparable to Wonder Woman?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
How is she handicapped?

And how is Wolverine and Elektra even REMOTELY comparable to Wonder Woman? not being able to look directly at your opponent is a handicap

Starscream M

And how is Wolverine and Elektra even REMOTELY comparable to Wonder Woman? their skill and fighting speed is comparable to WW...obviously they fall far short in durability and strength

TricksterPriest
What the f**k?

If you had done more than look at the pretty pictures you would notice that he and Elektra are able to hold an entire conversation before SHIELD agents are even able to register that they're in the same room and SHIELD agents are enhanced to a minimal degree.

Wonder Woman is not faster than Gorgon, she's not a better fighter and he IS a telepath with a infinite healing factor, and a one look kill weapon.

She loses this fight.

What the f**k? .....................Wut? You're starting to sound like Quan here.........

Original Smurph
What the f**k?

She loses this fight. No call for the insults, Jin. Please remove the sand from your vagina.

All of that is still absurdly little compared to Diana's speed and reaction feats.

She can move and react at the speed of light.

What do you think Gorgon can react at?

jinzin
She can think and decide faster than he can interpret thoughts from her mind. LMAO I didn't even SEE this nonsense.

HOW IN THE HELL DID YOU COME TO THAT CONCLUSION?! laughing out loud

Look, Elektra is ALSO able to hold an entire conversation with Gorgon at the speed of a single thought. She has speed feats that put her into metahuman levels and yet Gorgon read her like a book and played her like a fiddle. Once again WW is going to do better huh?

Cause she thinks a bajillion times faster! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Original Smurph
Cause she thinks a bajillion times faster! roll eyes (sarcastic) Uh... yes, actually.

jinzin
How is she handicapped?

And how is Wolverine and Elektra even REMOTELY comparable to Wonder Woman?

Fighting Skill.
Experience.
Some hand to hand speed feats.
Performance against top ranked streets.
Offensive abilities and weapons that can severe, decapitate, immobilize and render most opponents inneffective in one blow.

jinzin
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
What the f**k? .....................Wut? You're starting to sound like Quan here.........

Care to expand on that.

jinzin
No call for the insults, Jin. Please remove the sand from your vagina.

All of that is still absurdly little compared to Diana's speed and reaction feats.

She can move and react at the speed of light.

What do you think Gorgon can react at?

No call for insults? And then you go into an insult. What the f**k?

Nice....

lol... okay how about this. We can come to conclussions when you begin to prove your position.
I don't mind admitting when I'm wrong but all you've done thus far is make baseless statements so how about we stop doing that.

Original Smurph
No call for insults? And then you go into an insult. What the f**k?

Nice....

lol... okay how about this. We can come to conclussions when you begin to prove your position.
I don't mind admitting when I'm wrong but all you've done thus far is make baseless statements so how about we stop doing that. Well, yes, because you gave me call to insult you.

I like the assertion that you've proven anything at all and that you're waiting on me.

Maybe I'll fetch a speed feat or two if I feel like it. Gimme a bit.

jinzin
Well, yes, because you gave me call to insult you.

I like the assertion that you've proven anything at all and that you're waiting on me.

Maybe I'll fetch a speed feat or two if I feel like it. Gimme a bit.

Then don't try riding such a high horse Custer. Not my fault that out of the two speed feats represented on panel you choose to attack the one that was the lesser. Don't want to run into that problem again then read the ****in panels instead of skimming a gander at them.

Maybe? If you feel like it?

Either properly defend these claims of yours or gtfo. no expression

Kris Blaze
Fighting Skill.
Experience.
Some hand to hand speed feats.
Performance against top ranked streets.
Offensive abilities and weapons that can severe, decapitate, immobilize and render most opponents inneffective in one blow.

- Sure, let's be nice and put them as equals.

- She's thousand of years old, not even a contest.

- No, not really.

- How is that comparable to her?

- Assuming he hits, which he would never do. She still has her bracers.

How is all of these claims an issue when she can react and attack faster than light, and take his head off a single blow?

iceman24567
laughing

batdude123
crylaugh @ this thread.

Badabing
Jinzin, I'm not sure why you're in a mood but please be civil.

The same goes for everyone else throwing insults.

Trick, why was Quan's name mentioned? Is he inside your brain? laughing out loud

jinzin
- Sure, let's be nice and put them as equals.

Nice to Wondy? Cause again, if her fights and sparring matches with Batman and Deathstroke are any indication....

- She's thousand of years old, not even a contest. Wolverine's a constantly riencarnating warrior who retains memories of every life he's lived all the way back to prehistoric times and both of them have been tought with methods that can teach a lifetimes worth of training in a little as a dozen days... to yeah.

- No, not really.

Blocking automatic gunfire bullet for bullet, evading multiple lasers coming from all sides. The best feat I can remember for Wondy is blocking machine gun fire from all sides. Something rogue simulated when she went to fight Domina and got owned.. who was then speedblitzed by Logan.

- How is that comparable to her?
Because her performance against them as been less than impressive considering.

- Assuming he hits, which he would never do. She still has her bracers.

Right because no one has hit Wondy who wasn't a speedster. roll eyes (sarcastic)

How is all of these claims an issue when she can react and attack faster than light, and take his head off a single blow? Scan?

Original Smurph
Maybe? If you feel like it?

Either properly defend these claims of yours or gtfo. no expression I'm gonna ignore the first part.

As for what I've quoted-

I was actually coming back to the thread to offer a couple examples to back up what I've said, but this is just ridiculous.

I dunno why you're so hostile. Pump your brakes and slow down, cause this is well beyond unwarranted.

Anyways...

Wonder Woman's located and beaten Zoom while blind. She's entered the speed force under her own power. She's helped to evacuate entire cities in a matter of seconds.

Gorgon's best speed feat is one that he shares with Elektra of all people. All that he does is think faster than some soldiers.

Wonder Woman can run at lightspeeds. She can block lasers coming at her from all around her at the same time, and she can keep it up. She can deflect attacks from a bloodlusted Superman.

To put his speed on par with her is absolutely absurd.

jinzin
Jinzin, I'm not sure why you're in a mood but please be civil.

The same goes for everyone else throwing insults.

Trick, why was Quan's name mentioned? Is he inside your brain? laughing out loud

I can't be nice about this Bada. The guy comes in laughing at a counter argument and making massive claims while discarding evidence and failing to produce his own. That's as bad as any trolling.

jinzin
I'm gonna ignore the first part.

As for what I've quoted-

I was actually coming back to the thread to offer a couple examples to back up what I've said, but this is just ridiculous.

I dunno why you're so hostile. Pump your brakes and slow down, cause this is well beyond unwarranted.

Anyways...

Wonder Woman's located and beaten Zoom while blind. She's entered the speed force under her own power. She's helped to evacuate entire cities in a matter of seconds.

Gorgon's best speed feat is one that he shares with Elektra of all people. All that he does is think faster than some soldiers.

Wonder Woman can run at lightspeeds. She can block lasers coming at her from all around her at the same time, and she can keep it up. She can deflect attacks from a bloodlusted Superman.

To put his speed on par with her is absolutely absurd.

I'm not really that hostile. I made that statement because it's justified.
How can you continuously belittle and disregard a counter argument when you don't even ATTEMPT to prove your own claims.

Scans..... please......

iceman24567
Originally posted by batdude123
crylaugh @ this thread. It has just begun eek!

Starscream M
so WW is now a flash-level speedster...and you need to be lightspeed or beyond to touch her?

grimify
I can't be nice about this Bada. The guy comes in laughing at a counter argument and making massive claims while discarding evidence and failing to produce his own. That's as bad as any trolling.

I laughed at it, too.

Wonder Woman in a stomp.

jinzin
so WW is now a flash-level speedster...and you need to be lightspeed or beyond to touch her?

apparently.

Batman
Deathstroke
Black Canary
and Random Amazons have never touched Wonder Woman in h2h.

Badabing
I can't be nice about this Bada. The guy comes in laughing at a counter argument and making massive claims while discarding evidence and failing to produce his own. That's as bad as any trolling. I said civil, not nice. And something going to give. If people can't be civil then the thread gets closed. If people get out of control then I'll issue warnings if necessary. You also have the option of using the ignore.

As for his claims, they are pretty much right on regarding WW. Not posting scans doesn't equate to trolling.

Kris Blaze
I said civil, not nice. And something going to give. If people can't be civil then the thread gets closed. If people get out of control then I'll issue warnings if necessary. You also have the option of using the ignore.

As for his claims, they are pretty much right on regarding WW. Not posting scans doesn't equate to trolling.

And how many times do we have to post scans of Wonder Woman using speed? How long have people been doing it now, 3 years??

This is hardly the first time Jinzin's "debated" in a thread with Wonder Woman.

Original Smurph
I'm not really that hostile. Well, it took you what, two posts, until you were attacking my comprehension and intelligence? Not hostile at all.

How can you continuously belittle and disregard a counter argument when you don't even ATTEMPT to prove your own claims. lulz? In order for somebody to post on this forum, they have to provide scans with every single post or be accused of trolling?

Calm down. Jebus.

Scans..... please...... I can cite instances if you want. Don't have a plethora of scans at the moment.

Finding scans of Diana's speed shouldn't be hard though.

http://www.picamatic.com/show/2008/10/23/01/26/1228690_560x867.jpg
http://www.picamatic.com/show/2008/10/23/01/26/1228691_560x867.jpg

Lightspeed attacks from all directions at once.

Diana lolz @ Gorgon's speed.

Starscream M

As for his claims, they are pretty much right on regarding WW. Not posting scans doesn't equate to trolling. smurph made it seem like ww is a flashlevel speedster...when exactly did ww become a lightspeedster?

Kris Blaze
smurph made it seem like ww is a flashlevel speedster...when exactly did ww become a lightspeedster?

Since.....always.....

Original Smurph
smurph made it seem like ww is a flashlevel speedster...when exactly did ww become a lightspeedster? Since she's been able to enter the speedforce under her own power (she was retrieving Jesse Quick at the time, iirc).

Since she was able to block lasers from all directions around her at the same time (they were apokolyptian tech... a DC nut might remember more.)

But, for argument's sake, must one be capable of lightspeed travel to outspeed Gorgon? REALLY?

Starscream M
Since.....always..... um, she's demonstrated lightspeed in which of her fights?

Mekrob
apparently.

Batman
Deathstroke
Black Canary
and Random Amazons have never touched Wonder Woman in h2h. Do we use the few feats, or the many?

And she spars with Batman trying to keep an even ground. Same with Canary, and Amazons. Why would she blitz them, or use her speed against them?

And the Deathstroke scenario... well, it was retarded to say the least. Although iirc, all he really did was throw her while holding the lasso, and maybe trip her.

Starscream M

Finding scans of Diana's speed shouldn't be hard though.

Diana lolz @ Gorgon's speed. how are those scans indication that WW would attack at lightspeed or close in a fight.

she's barely ever even speedblitzes in her fights.

jinzin
I said civil, not nice. And something going to give. If people can't be civil then the thread gets closed. If people get out of control then I'll issue warnings if necessary. You also have the option of using the ignore.

Wonder Woman's fast.. yeah.. She's really fast. Okay... but you got people saying that she's a lightspeedster because she's delt with light beams... WOW.

Mekrob
Wonder Woman's fast.. yeah.. She's really fast. Okay... but you got people saying that she's a lightspeedster because she's delt with light beams... WOW. Is that all they're using to say she's a lightspeeder? erm

Starscream M
the thing is, does ww have extremely fast, and faster than gorgon speed, yes

but does she use that speed offensively in battles like a speedster would (ie. punch someone 100 times in a second, running circles around opponent)....NO, she has not done so

so her ability to block lasers isn't evidence that suddenly she's gonna fight like a Flash when she's never done so in the past

Starscream M
Originally posted by Mekrob
Is that all they're using to say she's a lightspeeder? erm they're using nonbattle instances of speed to somehow indicate she would fight with lightspeed...despite never doing so in actual fights

I mean, nice she can run at lightspeed...has she ever run circles around her opponents during a fight then?

jinzin

Diana lolz @ Gorgon's speed. She's reacting to light beams from every direcction at once... That makes her a lightspeedster?

Please! Being able to react to lasers from every direction is something that Captain America has been able to do in zero gravity. Yes her feat is more impressive because she's actually managing to block each one, but the fact that we've got street levels who can move fast enough to evade each one only shows what we already know. That while she's got superhuman speed she's still in the same race when it comes to high end performers like Gorgon. It's the reason she's not unhittable by the aformentioned group.

Kris Blaze
the thing is, does ww have extremely fast, and faster than gorgon speed, yes

but does she use that speed offensively in battles like a speedster would (ie. punch someone 100 times in a second, running circles around opponent)....NO, she has not done so

so her ability to block lasers isn't evidence that suddenly she's gonna fight like a Flash when she's never done so in the past

I understand, you can't blitz someone without fighting like the flash baka

jinzin
Do we use the few feats, or the many?

And she spars with Batman trying to keep an even ground. Same with Canary, and Amazons. Why would she blitz them, or use her speed against them?

And the Deathstroke scenario... well, it was retarded to say the least. Although iirc, all he really did was throw her while holding the lasso, and maybe trip her. More than that.

How about the time she was systematically taking down the JLA one by one. Even hostile against Bats she didn't perform as impressive as she would need to to justify this WW cred.

Kris Blaze
More than that.

How about the time she was systematically taking down the JLA one by one. Even hostile against Bats she didn't perform as impressive as she would need to to justify this WW cred.

I'll clarify things for Bran.

She didn't use her speed when taking down Batman. So she ain't got no speed!

TricksterPriest

http://billdunlap.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/facepalm.jpg

jinzin
they're using nonbattle instances of speed to somehow indicate she would fight with lightspeed...despite never doing so in actual fights

I mean, nice she can run at lightspeed...has she ever run circles around her opponents during a fight then?

Well she has, but you're right she doesn't fight like a speedster. At best she's able to react like a speedster to some projectiles and she's able to utilize her flight.
At no point as she ever done ANYTHING to even remotely justify claiming that she can think multiples of times faster than Gorgon.

Starscream M
so let's see some instances of WW fighting offensively using anything resembling lightspeed

I mean it shouldnt be too hard to find a scan or two if she does this often right

jinzin
I'll clarify things for Bran.

She didn't use her speed when taking down Batman. So she ain't got no speed!

Yeah that's the argument. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kris Blaze
Yeah that's the argument. roll eyes (sarcastic)

No need to roll your eyes at me, we can't all think faster than Shield agents.

Feel free to elaborate if you disagree with my interpretation.

Starscream M
So she ain't got no speed! nobody said she's slow...but to say she fights at superspeed beyond gorgon's speed when their is little evidence is weak.

if she fights at superspeed, show some scans. jinzin and i aren't afraid to admit we're wrong...but prove it. Show us instances of WW fighting offensively using anything even resembling lightspeed if its such common knowledge.

jinzin
No need to roll your eyes at me, we can't all think faster than Shield agents.

Feel free to elaborate if you disagree with my interpretation.
You assume she wasn't using her speed even though Batman took her down in midflight in a fight where she was deflecting batarangs... And because I've assessed that after having half a dozen stand offs with street levels where she's nowhere near as impressive as you are making her out to be.... somehow I think she doesn't have speed?

yeah... not really what I've argued whatsoever.

though it IS worth noting that she doesn't FIGHT like a speedster as Starscream pointed out... There's a reason why people who are NOT speedsters are able to trade blows with her in fights and that doesn't just mean the poultry 4 I listed off, what about guys like Mongul, Matnis, Aquaman... Hardly speedsters.

Starscream M
You assume she wasn't using her speed even though Batrman took her down in midflight in a fight where she was deflecting batarangs... And because I've assessed that after halfing half a dozen stand offs with street levels where she's nowhere near as impressive as you are making her out to be.... somehow I think she doesn't have speed?

yeah... not really what I've argued whatsoever. I love how its supposedly so obvious WW fights at near light speed yet there is not a single scan showing her fighting at such speed

and of course, every scan where she loses or underreacts to people with barely meta speed can be chalked up to PIS

double standards, I tell ya

Original Smurph
Uses her super speed against Amazo
http://www.picamatic.com/view/1228645_JLAv2__6p5-1/

Blitzed Zoom
http://www.picamatic.com/view/1228694_ww2147vszoom5qa/
http://www.picamatic.com/view/1228697_ww2148vszoom2wc/
http://www.picamatic.com/view/1228698_ww2149vszoom7vu/

Etc
http://www.picamatic.com/show/2008/10/23/01/16/1228635_787x1238.jpg

Mekrob
More than that.

How about the time she was systematically taking down the JLA one by one. Even hostile against Bats she didn't perform as impressive as she would need to to justify this WW cred. Was that when she was blindfolded? And when she was smacking Flash around? And Batman snuck up behind her?

Also, I find it funny on how your whole argument borders on WW not crushing Batman or Slade.

Mekrob
She's reacting to light beams from every direcction at once... That makes her a lightspeedster?
Um... ya?

Also, it was pieces of the God coming from every corner of the universe... in about a panel. And she was holding off every piece of him.
Did you read the scans?

jinzin
I love how its supposedly so obvious WW fights at near light speed yet there is not a single scan showing her fighting at such speed

and of course, every scan where she loses or underreacts to people with barely meta speed can be chalked up to PIS

double standards, I tell ya

Seriously...

It's what I refer to as Spider Sense Syndrome..

You've got a character who has a random trait or ability that allows him to react to things faster and more imressively than his peers. Then you have every Spidey fan come into a debate with So-and-so Can't even touch Spiderman based on those few feats dispite multitudes of direct in-fight evidence that contradicts it.

Using Diana reacting to Superman and ignoring that Batman's done that too... and more often.

It's crazy... It's like putting Punisher in a fight with Captain America and me ignoring how Punisher's done because of Captain America's superhuman feats which would make him untouchable to most/all? humans.... I don't subscribe to that logic.

Draco69
What the F**K?

Original Smurph
She's reacting to light beams from every direcction at once... That makes her a lightspeedster?
This may surprise you, but light does in fact travel at the speed of light.

grimify
Gorgon is too powerful, he beat Wolverine + Elektra and blocked some bullets. How is Diana going to compete with that shit?

She isn't.

jinzin

Isn't fighting speed against an opponent from behind.

Blitzed Zoom

Isn't a blitze, she uses the environment to force him into movement and cuts him off. Wolverine's done as much to Speed Demon.

Etc
http://www.picamatic.com/show/2008/10/23/01/16/1228635_787x1238.jpg replicated by Spiderman, Wolverine and Cap a dozen times over.

Mekrob
This may surprise you, but light does in fact travel at the speed of light. Especially when it travels faster than light...

jinzin
Um... ya?

Also, it was pieces of the God coming from every corner of the universe... in about a panel. And she was holding off every piece of him.
Did you read the scans?

Did.

Once again, it's reacting to practical lasers from every direction which a handful of streeters have done. are they too lightspeeders?

Brutacus
This may surprise you, but light does in fact travel at the speed of light.

Not if it's coming from every corner of the universe than it travels faster than light (kind of strange, but hey it's a comic)

Starscream M

Blitzed Zoom

Etc
http://www.picamatic.com/show/2008/10/23/01/16/1228635_787x1238.jpg

scan 1: amazo UNDERESTIMATES WW's speed. she's fast. no one denies that. scan does not show her speed to be anywhere near lightspeed however.

scan 2: not sure where you see a blitz. or perhaps we have very different definitions of blitzes. she lassos Zoom...impressive speed and accuracy feat. but not a blitzing feat imo.

scan 3: rapid punches. again WW's fast. especially her reflexes and arm movement speed. no one's denying that. but she isn't a blitzer...ie superman where he looks like he's fighting an opponent at omnidirections at the same time, that would be a demonstration of fighting at superspeed.

Starscream M
Originally posted by grimify
Gorgon is too powerful, he beat Wolverine + Elektra and blocked some bullets. How is Diana going to compete with that shit?

She isn't. sarcasm. cute. and stale.

Starscream M
scan 1: amazo UNDERESTIMATES WW's speed. she's fast. no one denies that. scan does not show her speed to be anywhere near lightspeed however.

scan 2: not sure where you see a blitz. or perhaps we have very different definitions of blitzes. she lassos Zoom...impressive speed and accuracy feat. but not a blitzing feat imo.

scan 3: rapid punches. again WW's fast. especially her reflexes and arm movement speed. no one's denying that. but she isn't a blitzer...ie superman where he looks like he's fighting an opponent at omnidirections at the same time, that would be a demonstration of fighting at superspeed. bottom of page bump

grimify
sarcasm. cute. and stale.

I was 100% serious, and I resent your hurtful remarks.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Brutacus
Not if it's coming from every corner of the universe than it travels faster than light (kind of strange, but hey it's a comic) Mine sounded more eloquent.

Mekrob
She ties up Amazo with Flash's speed before Amazo with Flash's speed can even move.

Probably not even a good feat when you think about it... Flash isn't even as fast as Spider-Man in retrospect.

Warrior18
Did.

Once again, it's reacting to practical lasers from every direction which a handful of streeters have done. are they too lightspeeders?

Surely since WW is a character who can travel at the speed of light, then we accept that those are legitimate light speed reactions?

Cap and anyone else who isn't a light speed traveller reacting to death ray lasers is just.....well comics being comics.

jinzin
Originally posted by Warrior18
Surely since WW is a character who can travel at the speed of light, then we accept that those are legitimate light speed reactions?

Cap and anyone else who isn't a light speed traveller reacting to death ray lasers is just.....well comics being comics.

Exactly she TRAVELS at light speed. how does that indicate anything about her fighting speed?
confused

Thor travels at lightspeed.. He's not a light speed fighter.

Mekrob
Did.

Once again, it's reacting to practical lasers from every direction which a handful of streeters have done. are they too lightspeeders? She's reacting to at least hundreds (probably more in the thousands) of pieces of light moving way faster than light...

And she's not simply dodging them. She's blocking each and every particle.

Think about it for a second.

no expression

Brutacus
Mine sounded more eloquent.

Must mean it's not actually light iff it travels faster than light smile

Starscream M
She ties up Amazo with Flash's speed before Amazo with Flash's speed can even move.

Probably not even a good feat when you think about it... Flash isn't even as fast as Spider-Man in retrospect. amazo has flash speed

flash has flash speed

tagging amazo or flash does not mean you have flash speed

not hard to understand...unless every person who's hit flash or amazo all possess light speed reflexes now

Draco69
Exactly she TRAVELS at light speed. how does that indicate anything about her fighting speed?
confused

Well, to be fair, I DO remember Jinzin arguing Wolverine could take down Wonder Woman in a bloodlusted fight awhile back.....

laughing out loud

Original Smurph
She kicks enough rocks, fast enough to force Zoom to travel where she wants, calculates his location, lasso's him and punches him before he can react.

While blind.

Call it a blitz or something else, she still calculated all that and performed before Zoom could react.

But wait... oh yeah, Gorgon's gonna read all that thought process in time.

Gorgon's out-thought some SHIELD soldiers. He thinks way faster than Zoom. Clearly.

kgkg

Cap and anyone else who isn't a light speed traveller reacting to death ray lasers is just.....well comics being comics. Wait. So if Cap , Spider-man can do similar feats many times we classify those as PIS but it's fine for WW because she can can travel at light speed?

You realize that most of those light speed feats of WW are coming from those blocking /hitting speeders instances right?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Draco69
Well, to be fair, I DO remember Jinzin arguing Wolverine could take down Wonder Woman in a bloodlusted fight awhile back.....

laughing out loud and to be fair, jinzin's actually basing his assessments on WW's spectacular record against street levelers

Draco69
and to be fair, jinzin's actually basing his assessments on WW's spectacular record against street levelers

And I could base Superman's record against Batman as a horrible arguement to make the case that the Gorgon could win.

I mean, hey, Batman always seems to hit the guy.

Mekrob
amazo has flash speed

flash has flash speed

tagging amazo or flash does not mean you have flash speed

not hard to understand...unless every person who's hit flash or amazo all possess light speed reflexes now Brucey, I don't think (actually, I know you don't) you understand.

She tied up essentially Flash before he could even move... a muscle. She didn't simply tag him.

Starscream M
She kicks enough rocks, fast enough to force Zoom to travel where she wants, calculates his location, lasso's him and punches him before he can react.

While blind.

Call it a blitz or something else, she still calculated all that and performed before Zoom could react.

But wait... oh yeah, Gorgon's gonna read all that thought process in time.

Gorgon's out-thought some SHIELD soldiers. He thinks way faster than Zoom. Clearly. she kicked ONCE...sent rocks flying. Zoom somehow gets flustered by this, and gets trapped.

we usually call that PIS.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by kgkg
Wait. So if Cap , Spider-man can do similar feats many times we classify those as PIS but it's fine for WW because she can can travel at light speed?

You realize that most of those light speed feats of WW are coming from those blocking /hitting speeders instances right? It's simply a question of logic.

Wonder Woman is shown to be logically capable of these feats.

Cap and Spider-Man are shown to be incapable of anything close to this except for when their comics need teh uber feats.

Cap dodging lasers in zero gravity is a lolz feat that's referenced over and over again as the ridiculous logic of comics.

Either way, Gorgon hasn't demonstrated anything close to lightspeed reactions.

Mekrob
and to be fair, jinzin's actually basing his assessments on WW's spectacular record against street levelers He's using a bunch of sparring sessions. no expression

And then Deathstroke.

-K-M-
Wasn't there a scan not to long ago where it said Wonder Woman was faster then Superman when fighting?

Starscream M
Brucey, I don't think (actually, I know you don't) you understand.

She tied up essentially Flash before he could even move... a muscle. She didn't simply tag him. anyone who's ever hit flash...did so before he could react, or he wouldn't have been hit.

Original Smurph
she kicked ONCE...sent rocks flying. Zoom somehow gets flustered by this, and gets trapped.

we usually call that PIS. You're still admitting that Wonder Woman had the capacity to react in the space of time that it took Zoom to become flustered and re-think his battle plans.

Not only did she react, she calculated his location based on the rocks, and lassoed him while blind.

Naturally, once a feat comes up that shits all over Gorgon, we label it as PIS.

Starscream M
You're still admitting that Wonder Woman had the capacity to react in the space of time that it took Zoom to become flustered and re-think his battle plans.

Not only did she react, she calculated his location based on the rocks, and lassoed him while blind.

Naturally, once a feat comes up that shits all over Gorgon, we label it as PIS. ok, unless those rocks were traveling at lightspeed at Zoom (which they were not) you have to realize how ridiculous that Zoom would even be flustered. those rocks should've been statues in midair to him had the writer not wanted to have WW beat him in that instance to further the plot. That is the definition of PIS.

Original Smurph
anyone who's ever hit flash...did so before he could react, or he wouldn't have been hit. I punch you before you react.

I tie up your entire arm before you can complete the word "me?"

Which sounds more impressive?

kgkg
Originally posted by -K-M-
Wasn't there a scan not to long ago where it said Wonder Woman was faster then Superman when fighting? Yes I believe it was batman who said Wonder had better combat speed due to her warrior training something like that.

Which i don't agree with. It's close but Superman has much better feats

Warrior18
confused

Fair enough.

I just don't think citing examples of infinitely slower guys like Cap dodging lasers (I swear they only do that in old comics?) is a valid enough reason to discredit UBER beings such as WW etc doing it.

Also the Batman,Slade etc showings have context or rank PIS behind them anyway. In anycase surely those are low showings.ermm

Mekrob
anyone who's ever hit flash...did so before he could react, or he wouldn't have been hit. Are you trying to play dumb, or are you really that dumb?

erm

Original Smurph
ok, unless those rocks were traveling at lightspeed at Zoom (which they were not) you have to realize how ridiculous that Zoom would even be flustered. those rocks should've been statues in midair to him had the writer not wanted to have WW beat him in that instance to further the plot. That is the definition of PIS. She simply figured where he was moving to get away from the rocks.

The rocks WERE statues in midair to him.

He simply moved out of the way, into her trap.

Gorgon, on the other hand, will clearly be able to process faster than Zoom.

Starscream M
I punch you before you react.

I tie up your entire arm before you can complete the word "me?"

Which sounds more impressive? it's not like she's tying knots

she's throwing a loop over someone...that's comparable to punching someone

Mekrob
it's not like she's tying knots

she's throwing a loop over someone...that's comparable to punching someone Epic Brucey, epic.

Starscream M
She simply figured where he was moving to get away from the rocks.

The rocks WERE statues in midair to him.

He simply moved out of the way, into her trap.

Gorgon, on the other hand, will clearly be able to process faster than Zoom. yes, those rocks had zoom pidgeonholed in a invisible radius

because zoom couldn't have simply moved....umm...backwards. he had to shift side by side like an idiot, hence falling straight to WW's lasso loop. yeah, no pis at all.

Starscream M
Are you trying to play dumb, or are you really that dumb?

erm amazing counter. really impressive display of logic, bran.

Original Smurph

she's throwing a loop over someone...that's comparable to punching someone laughing out loud

Original Smurph
yes, those rocks had zoom pidgeonholed in a invisible radius

because zoom couldn't have simply moved....umm...backwards. he had to shift side by side like an idiot, hence falling straight to WW's lasso loop. yeah, no pis at all. She can also hear him move, and feel the change in air vibrations.

The point is the rocks made him move and she located him as he was moving, cutting him off.

Lulz @ your lack of defense.

Mekrob
amazing counter. really impressive display of logic, bran. You couldn't even pretend to comprehend my simple worded post (made so you could understand btw). What's there left to counter?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by -K-M-
Wasn't there a scan not to long ago where it said Wonder Woman was faster then Superman when fighting?

Mcduffie, nuff said.

Starscream M
She can also hear him move, and feel the change in air vibrations.

The point is the rocks made him move and she located him as he was moving, cutting him off.

Lulz @ your lack of defense. so Zoom couldn't move backwards because? I mean he has the speed to run the globe across a few times before the rocks even fall to the ground yet his only option was to shift back and forth with a few feet distance? if you don't see that as PIS, then there's really no point in continuing the debate.

jinzin

laughing out loud What the f**k?

Like... when?

psycho gundam
does anyone have the pictures of the feat in question?

from what i'm "hearing", wonder woman created a path for zoom that lead to her awaiting punch, while blind folded. to me that equates to a plan that requires perfect timing and placement of obstacles rather then speed since she was without the use of her eyes for that. without eyes, there goes perception of distance ans all other ques in that realm. something that batman does all the time...since the 60's.

so imo it's more of a strategy feat than sheer speed. (until the scan shows up)

jinzin
And I could base Superman's record against Batman as a horrible arguement to make the case that the Gorgon could win.

I mean, hey, Batman always seems to hit the guy.

guys like Batman and Deathstroke are close equivolents to Marvel street level peers. confused

Original Smurph
so Zoom couldn't move backwards because? I mean he has the speed to run the globe across a few times before the rocks even fall to the ground yet his only option was to shift back and forth with a few feet distance? if you don't see that as PIS, then there's really no point in continuing the debate. Maybe he was on his way to moving around the globe?

Besides, must every speedster move around the globe just to move out of the way of a rock?

He had no reason to move any farther. He and Wonder Woman had simply been talking before she kicked rocks at him. Why would he run around the globe?

C'mon, Brucey.

Your defense is just getting weaker and weaker.

The fact is, Zoom could have moved backwards. He had no more reason to move backwards rather than sideways, however.

Plus, her lasso could have reached him if he was farther back anyways.

"It's PIS because he dodged left instead of right!"

The point is that she outfoxed him, not that he moved one direction instead of another. That part is irrelevant.

kgkg
It's simply a question of logic.

Wonder Woman is shown to be logically capable of these feats.

True but comic is full of illogical things. Yes it sounds better saying Wonder Woman is capable of those feats. But like I said earlier Spider-Man , Wov etc have many similar feats maybe not as good but it's there.

Clearly WW is much faster than those characters but putting labels such as she has "Light-speed" reaction for feats done by character who can't to those things is not the best way to go.

Concrete evidence of movement would fare better here. Like she moved at "said" speed. Rather than the object moves at X speed so she much be Y speed type of argument for what level of speed she has.

They might not have those high end WW speed feat but they do have speed which are similar: Like hitting speeders , dodging bullets , reflecting etc.

Labeling PIS to all those is wrong especially if it happens often. Which was the point of my post.

Wasn't really arguing for Gorgon. Just against the use of selective feat for character and label everything PIS for lesser characters.

But ya WW has enough feat to classify her near Superman level speed wise.

Mekrob

she's throwing a loop over someone...that's comparable to punching someone Seriously, this has to be the best post EVA!!

Starscream M

The point is that she outfoxed him, not that he moved one direction instead of another. and that's exactly what it was...a tactical feat for WW, not a speed feat. She apparently calculated that kicking rocks would result in Zoom moving in only a few possible positions (lulz at how stupid that is) and planned her lasso toss perfectly to entrap him. This is a feat of WW's tactical capabilities...and a butchering of Zoom's speed abilities, but it is NOT an feat of speed on WW's part.

jinzin
Fair enough.

I just don't think citing examples of infinitely slower guys like Cap dodging lasers (I swear they only do that in old comics?) is a valid enough reason to discredit UBER beings such as WW etc doing it.

Also the Batman,Slade etc showings have context or rank PIS behind them anyway. In anycase surely those are low showings.ermm Why discredit when they do it?

Here's the thing, Wonder Woman has fights with guys like Grundy, Mantis, Aquaman, Mongul... etc etc.. a lot of bruisers who typically manage to hit her.

She has impressive speed feats on the random.

Does that mean she can't be touched by the aforementioned?

Her speed feats are as much an outliner as they are for guys like Cap.

They happen, they happen often, but they don't discredit in-fight examples.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by psycho gundam
does anyone have the pictures of the feat in question?

from what i'm "hearing", wonder woman created a path for zoom that lead to her awaiting punch, while blind folded. to me that equates to a plan that requires perfect timing and placement of obstacles rather then speed since she was without the use of her eyes for that. without eyes, there goes perception of distance ans all other ques in that realm. something that batman does all the time...since the 60's.

so imo it's more of a strategy feat than sheer speed. (until the scan shows up) The feat is that she could think fast enough to do that, not that she could move fast enough. She is up against Zoom, after all.

But apparently Gorgon is going to read her every thought and shank her with an adamantium blade before she can react.

The feat's a page or two back.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by kgkg
Wasn't really arguing for Gorgon. Just against the use of selective feat for character and label everything PIS for lesser characters.

But ya WW has enough feat to classify her near Superman level speed wise. Fair nuff.

Starscream M

But apparently Gorgon is going to read her every thought and shank her with an adamantium blade before she can react.
I never said that. And if gorgon didn't have his stone glare ability, WW would treat him like a toy, she could deflect all of his blows while sipping an ice tea prob.

Original Smurph
and that's exactly what it was...a tactical feat for WW, not a speed feat. She apparently calculated that kicking rocks would result in Zoom moving in only a few possible positions (lulz at how stupid that is) and planned her lasso toss perfectly to entrap him. This is a feat of WW's tactical capabilities...and a butchering of Zoom's speed abilities, but it is NOT an feat of speed on WW's part. I was pointing out thinking speed. As I have been from the beginning. The fact that she can hear/feel his movement, know where he can move, and then react to it faster than he does, while she's blind.

Original Smurph
I never said that. Correct.

Jinzin did.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>