can a jedi block a saber without a saber?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthbane99
Is it mentioned in any novel,that a sith or jedi,can defend themselves with the force against a ligthsaber,not including lightning.
In other words they where assaulted by a saber attack and unharmed,but the jedi dint use any offensive power to stop it.

mattatom

Eminence
Vader did with the back of his hand.

Captain REX
Not that I can recall. They could always try to employ martial arts of some kind to prevent their attacker from making the attack, aiming their block at the hilt or something.

I do seem to remember some power from the Wizards roleplaying game that involved blocking lightsabers with one's hand in the vein of Vader blocking a blaster with his hand. But it could have been a fan-made rule.

Darth Angel
Shaak Ti blocked 1 attack from grievous' lightsaber, even though the sheer impact was still felt by her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_wfL_9KDZE

See 4:54

darthbane99
That is what i wanted to see. Im impressed. Grievous is terrible,hes very dark almost pure evil...how can a droid be so evil? Is he part biological,because only biological..can have a will to be light or dark,and although the star forge has dark side energy,its been augmented,grievous was not augmented.

I know this is off topic but one answer leads to many more quesions..soill still keep this topic but change it a little.

Elite Hunter
I believe Grievous was always anti-republic prior to his accident. His species was a war fighting one. His accident that led him to be a cyborg was caused by Dooku and the CIS, and when they giving him his cyborg body them messed with his brain (which they promised they wouldnt do) and amplified his "angry/darker emotions"

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
I believe Grievous was always anti-republic prior to his accident. His species was a war fighting one.

Yep. Grievous's people, the Kalee were at war with the Huk. The Republic supported the Huk as their world was rich in mineral wealth.

Originally posted by Elite Hunter
His accident that led him to be a cyborg was caused by Dooku and the CIS, and when they giving him his cyborg body them messed with his brain (which they promised they wouldnt do) and amplified his "angry/darker emotions"

That's right.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by darthbane99
Is it mentioned in any novel,that a sith or jedi,can defend themselves with the force against a ligthsaber,not including lightning.

In The Force Unleashed novel, Starkiller uses telekinesis to block a lightsabre strike from Shaak Ti that would otherwise have skewered him through the face.

Captain REX
Yup, Grievous is a cyborg, not a droid. Hence the coughing and the organic squishy parts inside his chest...

And heh, never noticed that's what Shaak Ti did before. It seemed like she repelled herself away from the impact of the blade.

darthbane99
I never seen that happen in fu,but that was just on the game...And i saw a video that a nice man shared with me,it was the anime clone wars,and the jedi shaak ti used telekinesis to block lightsaber blows from grievous

Captain REX
It is not actually anime. It is done by Genndy Tartakovsky (sp?).

Nephthys

xxxpoppunker182
i always thought it would be sweet if someone like grievous or a sith were to try and stab a jedi but they would just dissipate that energy of the blade down to the hilt and grab the lightsaber.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
i always thought it would be sweet if someone like grievous or a sith were to try and stab a jedi but they would just dissipate that energy of the blade down to the hilt and grab the lightsaber.

Nejaa Halcyon (Corran Horn's grandad) did something like that to Nikkos Tyris (I, Jedi).

Lord Blaze
I dunno of any other occurrences of this, but I think they could do this more often. Create a Force-shield right on the palm of your hand strong enough to block/resist a lightsaber

Red Nemesis
Didn't Exar Kun's teacher use a stick? Does that count?

ares834
Yoda uses the force in the clone wars to stop an attack from Ventress.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.