Silver Surfer vs Beta Ray Bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ALEMASTER
write heres the seen beta ray bill bumps in to ss and they start to srguee and then turns into a massive fight

Sentry
I'm going to say Surfer... Though I really want Bill to win...

6/10 for Surfer

thesilverspider
surfer got this easy the power cosmic is to much

Sentry
Originally posted by thesilverspider
surfer got this easy the power cosmic is to much

Not easily. Bill held his own against Galactus, and thrashed his herald.

thesilverspider
but surfer is his strongest herald

Sentry
Originally posted by thesilverspider
but surfer is his strongest herald

Exactly. That's why Surfer wins. 6/10

Not easily.

thesilverspider
now you just being generous

HigH ScholaR
Silver Surfer vs Beta Ray Bill

kgkg
SS wins

Going by 4 main sources

1.) Tyrants battle ------ Tyrant says SS is stronger than BRB , and Gladiator

2.) Against Mad thorn (with power gem) -------- SS was seen as the strongest in that group, BRB was also in the same shit. Pip actually says: you’re the strongest here buddy we need you.

3.) In the Cosmic powers unlimited. SS again was seen the better than Quasar , and BRB. (He even helped save BRB life by helping Odin re-build his hammer smile

4.) She-Hulk ------ When champion busted all the Strongest Heroes (SS was seen as so bad that She hulk was shocked smile ) BRB was also there.

4 sources all say SS is stronger.

BRB is a monster and I know his powers well etc.

He would give SS good battle , but it in the end SS wins as shown in comics numerous time that SS is stronger.

hoorayforpeepee
thread killer, that's what we call kgkg here in the states.

kgkg
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee
thread killer, that's what we call kgkg here in the states. big grin

leonidas
i actually agree -- ss beats bill. but not thor . . .

skyfather
bloodlusted,to the death.

fight on a abandoned planet

no bfr

winner?

skyfather
bill could take some wins imo

janus77
Surfer wins. easy.

skyfather
Originally posted by janus77
Surfer wins. EASY.

laughing............ermmno

janus77
yes

skyfather
yes
durno

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by skyfather
durno

wavey yes

skyfather
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
wavey yes
silverdurfer

win maybe,easy no.

janus77
Originally posted by skyfather
silverdurfer

win maybe,easy no.
ok, then how about "without much trouble"?

Surfer turns up, switches off BRB's mallet (after all, he gave it power) then sits down on his board and ponders ...

skyfather
hysterical2

Surfer turns up, switches off BRB's mallet (after all, he gave it power) then sits down on his board and ponders ...

Don Mega
I'd go with Surfer. But BRB could win a few.

DigiMark007
This is just Surfer v. Thor with less experience for Bill. The majority in that thread say Surfer, so this will be about the same in terms of forum opinion.

Larceny
Surfer. Bill's good, but he's kinda lacking in the versatility department.

guy222
norrin

Bouboumaster
Surfer 7/10

Priest
Bill had a good showing against stardust, he can defiantly take 3 from Surfer.

ultimatethor
Well seeing as surfer did actually create a hammer for BRB using the odin force i think he might be able to screw wit it, plus h is faster and more versatile so he wins 8/10

Horrificus
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Surfer 7/10 I think this is fairly accurate.

But, Bill is pretty awesome.

llagrok
Surfer 5/10

BRB holds back a lot more than Thor, but lacks experience.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Well seeing as surfer did actually create a hammer for BRB using the odin force i think he might be able to screw wit it, plus h is faster and more versatile so he wins 8/10
Did he? When?

Soljer
Surfer beats him at least a time or two more than he beats Thor.

Take that to mean what you will.

batdude123
Originally posted by Soljer
Surfer beats him at least a time or two more than he beats Thor.

Take that to mean what you will.

So Surfer gets... 1-2/10 in this fight?

Soljer
Originally posted by batdude123
So Surfer gets... 1-2/10 in this fight?

If it's your belief that Surfer beats Thor 0/10, yes.

If it's your belief that Surfer beat Thor 6/10, he'd get seven or eight here.

If you think Surfer'd beat Thor 8/10 or more, you'd likely think he takes damn near every fight against Beta.

Priest
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Did he? When?
Cosmic Powers Unlimited 5
Also Odin ALLOWED Surfer to use the Odin power do so.
It was PIS if u ask me erm
Edit: Surfer states that he was only able to synthsize the Odin Power because of Beta Ray Bill's "unique genetic engenering ".

Cerpin Taxt

Ban this dude.

Soljer
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
Ban this dude.

If being a moron were a bannable offense, KMC would be quite unpopulated.

Priest

U realize that Surfer can't mess with the Odin power unless Odin him self allows it?

janus77
Originally posted by Priest
U realize that Surfer can't mess with the Odin power unless Odin him self allows it?
I would dispute that, there's always something more powerful in the universe, magic doesn't trump all but, my comment was in reference to the fact that Surfer +created+ a synthetic Odinforce substitute for BRB. Surfer basically gave BRB a mallet with all the qualities of Thor's.

as an indication of his power, I think that pretty much makes Surfer own BRB.

llagrok
Edit: Surfer states that he was only able to synthsize the Odin Power because of Beta Ray Bill's "unique genetic engenering ".

Hmm, didn't Thanos beat the Surfer to an inch of his life in Cosmic Powers Unlimited? Like, very easily?

Priest
I think your referring to "Cosmic Powers".

llagrok
Yeah, that's it!

Doctor-Alvis
Was that when Odin and Surfer do like a high five of energies and fix everything?

Priest
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Was that when Odin and Surfer do like a high five of energies and fix everything?
laughing out loud yes!

carver9
Beta Ray destroy planets taking on a herald that was close in power as the surfer. Does he have the potential to take surfer out or get a majority. Both is almost equal in power and durability and has proven to be planet destroyers.

Who would win?

Starscream M
Surfer 8/10

Harbinger
Surfer.

vansonbee
I believe the Silver Surfer wins against Beta Ray Bill due to his vast power-set and durability.duroll

Nihilist
bill could take a few,surfer 8/10

vansonbee
Originally posted by Nihilist
bill could take a few,surfer 8/10 Well I know its not a stomp, and few people confuse the # 8/10 as giving BRB a chance to win 20%. Other use those fraction #'s as "I know SS will win all scenario's of approach!" 10/10 100%

Is that what you mean giving BRB some points? stick out tongue

quanchi112
Surfer wins the majority here.

carver9
and how is surfer winning this. Bill has the ability to counter every attack that surfer throws at him and bill basically dont have a weakness and is just as powerful as surfer. Remember, bill demolished a high herald, that is something that I cant even see surfer doing.

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
and how is surfer winning this. Bill has the ability to counter every attack that surfer throws at him and bill basically dont have a weakness and is just as powerful as surfer. Versatility my friend. As good as Brb is he isnt blocking every blast that comes his way. Surfer with the upgrade would win the majority here. If Surfer had the mindset of exiles he would annihilated BrB imo.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Versatility my friend. As good as Brb is he isnt blocking every blast that comes his way. Surfer with the upgrade would win the majority here. If Surfer had the mindset of exiles he would annihilated BrB imo.

I agree, if he did have the mindset of exiles along with the powerset it would be a rape but he dont. Bill is just as versatile and durable as the surfer since he did walk through planet destroying blast like it was nothing. Star dust is just as versatile as the surfer along with bill but bill crushed him.

quanchi112
I agree, if he did have the mindset of exiles along with the powerset it would be a rape but he dont. Bill is just as versatile and durable as the surfer since he did walk through planet destroying blast like it was nothing. Star dust is just as versatile as the surfer along with bill but bill crushed him. Stardust isnt the Surfer. He has less feats and what not. I read that series a while back and cant remember. wasnt it basically a stalemate? I deleted the folder of comics so I dont have it anymore to check it out.

carver9
Stardust isnt the Surfer. He has less feats and what not. I read that series a while back and cant remember. wasnt it basically a stalemate? I deleted the folder of comics so I dont have it anymore to check it out.

It ended in a stalemate because galactus interviened but bill had the upper hand the entire fight. I agree, stardust isnt the surfer but stardust is a high herald and possess and have knowledge about the power cosmic as much as surfer does.

quanchi112
It ended in a stalemate because galactus interviened but bill had the upper hand the entire fight. I agree, stardust isnt the surfer but stardust is a high herald and possess and have knowledge about the power cosmic as much as surfer does. You just said Bill crushed,now you say it did end in a stalemate? Surfer is more than Stardust and is more than the BRB imo. His powers are just awesome and he can do anything he wants to. BrB could take some out of ten. But for the most part I see Surfer taking this.

Nihilist
surfer empowered the stormbreaker(allbe it with the aid of odin)maybe he could depower itshrug

carver9
You just said Bill crushed,now you say it did end in a stalemate? Surfer is more than Stardust and is more than the BRB imo. His powers are just awesome and he can do anything he wants to. BrB could take some out of ten. But for the most part I see Surfer taking this.

It did end in a stalemate but that doesnt change the fact that bill dominated SD throughout the entire fight. I think that its 5/5 split. Bill is thor thats NOT holding back. Surfer got injured from a moon busting punch, I wonder what would happen if bill hit surfer with some of those ON PANEL planet destroying hits that he gave to star dust, which KOED stardust briefly.

carver9
surfer empowered the stormbreaker(allbe it with the aid of odin)maybe he could depower itshrug

NAAH, cant see that happening.

quanchi112
It did end in a stalemate but that doesnt change the fact that bill dominated SD throughout the entire fight. I think that its 5/5 split. Bill is thor thats NOT holding back. Surfer got injured from a moon busting punch, I wonder what would happen if bill hit surfer with some of those ON PANEL planet destroying hits that he gave to star dust, which KOED stardust briefly. Can you post the scans? I really read it once so i cant remember. Didnt Bill get his ass handed to him in secret invasion?

Surfer can destroy a planet with ease and toyed with Nova as well. Sorry,but BrB didnt even beat Stardust so i dont see how you are giving him the win over Norrin here.

carver9
Can you post the scans? I really read it once so i cant remember. Didnt Bill get his ass handed to him in secret invasion?

Surfer can destroy a planet with ease and toyed with Nova as well. Sorry,but BrB didnt even beat Stardust so i dont see how you are giving him the win over Norrin here.

I cant, I'm at work. I do know this though, stardust was getting dominated and he is considered a high herald and who handed bill his ass?

quanchi112
I cant, I'm at work. I do know this though, stardust was getting dominated and he is considered a high herald and who handed bill his ass? Some kind of skrull from what i heard on herochat. I havent read any of it yet so i dont know the details. happened in secret invasion which I might read after its finished.

Nihilist
it was a skrull with the stormbreaker

quanchi112
it was a skrull with the stormbreaker Are you reading it? Let me know when its over,so i can go download it.

Nihilist
Are you reading it? Let me know when its over,so i can go download it. yeah im reading 1 more issue to go

ultimatethor
yeah im reading 1 more issue to go

whats d name of the arc?

Nihilist
Originally posted by ultimatethor
whats d name of the arc? just..secret invasion thor smile

ultimatethor
just..secret invasion thor smile

Ok thanks. When its done i will go download it. I havent been following secret invasion but from what i heard marvels continuity has been seriously messed up.

carver9
Well that skrull did possess the power of thor along with other heros powers and that was basically the most powerful skrull that presented itself in the invasion.

Eel O'Brien
This is KMC, so Surfer 11/10

Bouboumaster
Surfer

AlmightyKfish
Surfer.

And Bill was not demolishing SD.

He impaled SD, SD reforms, physically overcame Bill then created a dimensional rift.

Anyway, Tyrant already stated how Surfer > Bill.

id369
Who takes this match?

Bouboumaster
Surfer, but it's far from easy

D_Dude1210
Classic Surfer would have a hard time and barely take the majority (6/10). Current post-Annihilation Surfer would stomp.

Harbinger
Norrin.

Philosophía
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Classic Surfer would have a hard time and barely take the majority (6/10). Current post-Annihilation Surfer would stomp.

I always find this type of posts funny.

Nihilist

Naija boy
Surfer

Enyalus
Surfer, without all that much trouble.

id369
KMC should be closed down, if this is only kind of response worth mustering.

Mindset

guy222
norrin

Philosophía
Originally posted by Mindset
I find your face funny betch.

Reported for faceism.

quanchi112
Surfer wins.

Slaanesh
Surfer 10/10

kgkg
Well no one is giving reasons to why Surfer would win.

Here is why Surfer does win.

Surfer is more versatile and has feats that are better in any category you can think of. Like Speed , Durability etc.

also there have been few instances of these guys being compared

Here pimp says Surfer is > BRB
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1990/pipss.th.jpg

Again another comparative: Surfer is again seen superior out of this group: which includes BRB
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3417/shehulkshocked.th.jpg

Here Tyrant calling Surfer the most powerful out of the Group: Which included BRB.
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2874/tyrantt.th.jpg

id369
Strength
He Smashed a planet.
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/3769/stormbreaker0308.jpg
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6984/stormbreaker0309.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1016/stormbreaker0310.jpg

Durability
Survived explosion of a Planet.
Survived a Sun Going Super Nova
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4715/stormbreaker020304.th.jpg
Survived Galactus energy blast meant to cauterized a planet form him to feast on.
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4269/stormbreaker0115.jpg
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4017/annihilation4005.jpg

Energy Output
He out guns Stardust Energy output.
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/512/stormbreaker030506.jpg
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8531/stormbreaker0307.jpg

Speed
He is actually keeping up with Stardust.

Exactly how is this an easy match for Surfer?

kgkg
Originally posted by id369
Strength
He Smashed a planet.
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/3769/stormbreaker0308.jpg
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6984/stormbreaker0309.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1016/stormbreaker0310.jpg

Durability
Survived explosion of a Planet.
Survived a Sun Going Super Nova
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4715/stormbreaker020304.th.jpg
Survived Galactus energy blast meant to cauterized a planet form him to feast on.
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4269/stormbreaker0115.jpg
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4017/annihilation4005.jpg

Energy Output
He out guns Stardust Energy output.
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/512/stormbreaker030506.jpg
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8531/stormbreaker0307.jpg

Speed
He is actually keeping up with Stardust.

Exactly how is this an easy match for Surfer? Is this directed at me?

id369
Originally posted by kgkg
Is this directed at me? That is directed to anyone, who can give me an explanation.

Naija boy
That is directed to anyone, who can give me an explanation.

the only one who said this would be easy was Enyalus.

-Surfer winning a vast majority does not equate to the fights being easy

id369
Originally posted by Naija boy
the only one who said this would be easy was Enyalus.

-Surfer winning a vast majority does not equate to the fights being easy How do you interpret wining a vast majority not equating an easy victory?

Naija boy
How do you interpret wining a vast majority not equating an easy victory?

The fight numerous times. However because surfer is superior in just about evry aspect, he is able to get the victory aa vast majority of the times they fight. Simple.

id369
The fight numerous times. However because surfer is superior in just about evry aspect, he is able to get the victory aa vast majority of the times they fight. Simple.

Then it really makes no differences to different an easy victory, to winning vast majority.

What aspects does the Surfer Trump, Ray in? Certainly not strength, durability, and battle initiative.

Naija boy
Then it really makes no differences to different an easy victory, to winning vast majority.

Not sure what ur trying to say here. But my statement i believe was very clear

Surfer is more durable, has comparable strength(even if BRB stronger), is faster,more versatile, more poweroutput etc.

kgkg
What aspects does the Surfer Trump, Ray in? Certainly not strength, durability, and battle initiative. Speed , Durability , Versatility and overall feats.

id369

darthgoober
How do you interpret wining a vast majority not equating an easy victory?
Hulk has won the vast majority of fights between he and Thing, but it was almost never "easy"...

id369
Originally posted by darthgoober
Hulk has won the vast majority of fights between he and Thing, but it was almost never "easy"... Ah perfect, then the only thing left to comment. Is why he wins more often then not.

darthgoober
Ah perfect, then the only thing left to comment. Is why he wins more often then not.
1. Surfer uses speed in combat(at least as far as dodging goes) so Bill's not going to be landing anywhere near as many shot's as vice versa. Even if we credit Bill wth being equal to Thor that still puts his maxspeed at 3x lightspeed and that's only if he throws his hammer and holds on(which would make it pretty tough to land a punch), Surfer can move hundreds and thousands of times lightspeed.

2. Surfer's strength is at the very least comparable to BRB's, as made evident by the fact that he was able to stand toe to toe with Lunatik(who's pretty much kicked Hercules's ass).

3. Surfer's more durable. Bill might be able to take a supernova, but Surfer can do it and be completely unphased. Unless I'm mistaken, Bill was worried about getting sucked into a Blackhole, Surfer's completely unaffected by them.

4. Surfer has a higher power output(creates blackholes, matches Thanos, ect.).

5. Surfer fights smarter(Bill's even more a a brawler than Thor is).

Naija boy
Flexibility/Versatility means nothing, unless its meant to put down BRB. An Empty statement, not worth mentioning in battle. Unless an actual reference, or a specific ability is claimed. Why bother?

*Sigh*. Versatility does mean alot. It means that surfer has more options of attack during battle. Hence he has an enhanced offence.

Unable to keep up with their speed? He was fighting alongside them not against them. He wouldnt need tokeep up with him during battle considering its either they were fighting different opponents or that they were fighting the same opponent with surfer not using his speed.

Fought inside blackhole while weakened and diverting his energy(didnt fly through one but actually fought in it),numerous aimed to kill blasts from Tenebrous and Aegis, Took an supernova whos shockwaves extended galaxies away with absolutely no harm, Took attacks from an elder god with limitless power (by Galactus admission)etc

The feat u showed of Beta Ray while extremely impressive wasnt acomplished with his strength alone. It was using stormbreaker as well as the fact that he had energy around him. surfer has physially matched/overcome an angry hulk plus warbound and overwhelmed Lunatik (who has shown to be comparable to hercules in strength). Claer indication of his strength being comparable.

In addition surfer also has a superior poweroutput to BRB which further proves his offensive superiority as well as being havin worked with BRB numerous times and been stated to be superior.

U have been enlightened.

Mindship
Originally posted by kgkg
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3417/shehulkshocked.th.jpg

laughing out loud @ splint on the surfboard

you gotta love that kinda humor

id369

DeathKap
Originally posted by Mindship

you gotta love that kinda humor laughing

kgkg
Originally posted by Mindship

you gotta love that kinda humor laughing out loud funny thing is I never paid attention to it.

It is funny now that I think about it.

id369

darthgoober

darthgoober
Name those options, you speak of. Oh wait its statement used when he is confronted with the likes such as Hulk, Superman, or Gladiator because his versatility permits weaknesses to exploit. Beta Ray Bill has none for Surfer to exploit in such a manner. That why its, an empty statement.
Didn't Surfer have something to do with Bill getting his powers back? I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility for him to screw with Bill's energies...

Naija boy
Name those options, you speak of. Oh wait its statement used when he is confronted with the likes such as Hulk, Superman, or Gladiator because his versatility permits weaknesses to exploit. Beta Ray Bill has none for Surfer to exploit in such a manner. That why its, an empty statement making.

My God. versatiliy is not an option left to only exploiting weaknesses. How can u seriously think that ? It is a something that enhances both a persons offense and defense. Beause of surfers versatility he can do things like offensively and defensively use forcefields(both useful against BRB) and use matter manipulate(useful against BRB), in additon to his blasts and physical attacks. All of which enhances his overall offensive output. Thinking its n empty statement is just ridiuculous

Ayayaya. I have had enough idiocy for one day. BRB fighting alongside heralds as i said is indicative of nothing. Because in those time he didnt have tokeep up with them at all. In some instances he was not fighting the same opponents as they were even( so he had no need to keep up) and in other instances they werent even using their speed. The same thing goes for BRB's fights against heralds. When he cheapshotted surfer in the Blood and thunder arc (in which surfer didnt even want to fight him since he was supposed to be an ally), surfer certainly WASNT using any speed at all. So h keeping up with him in that scenario has no bearings here. The same is true for his fight against Stardust who also wasnt fighting at superspeed(never seen staedust do that anyhow). Ur last statement just shows the flimsiness of ur argument. Surfer has shown to use his speed against groups of opponents and in singular combat as well. Hence it is valid under the KMC full capacity rule. As seen below

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Silver%20surfer%20feats/th_Surfercmbatspeeddisplay.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Silver%20surfer%20feats/th_silversurferdodgesandattacksdeathur.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Silver%20surfer%20feats/th_Surferblitzmultipleenemies.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Silver%20surfer%20feats/Surferblitznova3.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Silver%20surfer%20feats/Surferblitznova2.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Silver%20surfer%20feats/th_Surferblitzesannihilationwave.jpg

Him not doing using it in a partiular scenario is obviously to advance plot amd is hence not applicable here since it is an example of the character forgetting the presence of one of his established abilities. PIS for short. Further im not even arguing that surfer is going to win via speedblitzing BRB or anything like that. His superior speed which hewill be using here however is obviously an advantage defensively and offensively.

BRB took a shot from Galactus that isnt even powerful enough to destroy the planet. Hardly proves anything By his own indication he would he couldnt survive a blackhole. Surfer fought in one as while weakened with no injuries whatsoever. That tells us all we need to know inr regards to durability.

the only thing that would make them unclear is ur blindness to the obvious. Classic lunatik had comparable strength to Hercules. And yet got physically mauled by surfer. How is holding ur own and even getting the better of an angry Hulk on together with the warbound not a clear indication. Nonsense. And ur question "How about giving a concrete showing to warrant an advantage" is inane. Improve ur reading comprehension Im not claiming surfer has a strength advantage. Im claiming that he is within that range the same top tier strength range of BRB. Also leaving a mark on galactus doesnt mean anything. IIRC even thing has done so.

No need.

id369

id369

Naija boy

Absolutely nothing wrong. Its just funny, how some will dismiss character comparisons, for a track record. And yet I am still not convinced. Bill hammered a planet into its destruction (track record). Bill submitted Thor in unarmed combat (character comparison). Clearly, one character has the beneficence to claim strength advantage over the other because of the fact. And that is Beta Ray Bill.

This is an extremely hypocritical statement. Character comparisons? Bill and surfer have been compared on more than one occasion with surfer being portrayed as superior. Doesnt get much straighter than that.

Also when bill fought thor, what happened was a double KO in which Bill eventually got up first.

id369

darthgoober

id369

Naija boy
Oh beautiful you mention force fields (which Bill Can do), and Energy Manipulation (which Bill can use as well). These are run of the mill abilities that both characters can make use off.

Show me BRB using his forcefields/vortexes in a battle scenario as efficiently as surfer does. Further surfers matter and energy manipulation is far superior to bills and has a far wider range. (he actually plaayed a part in the reconstruction nd renergizing of bill). He has shown to use it far more efficiently in battle as well. So simply equating them and saying "both have energymanip" is completely innacurate and a poor debating tactic.

lulz. Calling out nonsensical arguments and statements does not mean ive lost my composure. If u arent going to actually address the points made and are just going to make blanket statements why bother posting?. Bill and stardust never engaged each other at superspeeds or made use of superspeed within close distances. They were simply flying from one point to another. Ur statement is a nonsensical attempt to ignore an argument which u have no means of refuting. It has no weight. I have shown numerous examples of surfer using his speed while actually engaging his opponents. If u choose to ignore that and still claim that said speed which he has used in direct combat is only good for running away then im sorry but u are a moron. It has nothing to do with my composure but is rather a factual statement about ur recalcitrance in regards to clear on panel evidence.

And i would thin that from posting the scan u would be able to put in proper context. Please prove to me that the blast galactus used was anything more than a normal blast. He had been using the exact same type of blast while battling the Korbinite ships a few pages earlier. Seen below:

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Silver%20surfer%20feats/th_Stormbreakerblast.jpg

where was it mentioned in the scan u showed that Galactus blast was meant to cauterize the planet? Especially since he was using the same type of blast previously? further the scan u showed describes the process that Galactus tech makes use of. In the Beta ray bill scenario he hadnt even set up his tech and was just fighting ships. So please show me how the two blasts are the same.

Lunatik got the better of surfer when surfer wasnt fighting to the fullest. When he got serious he physically dominated him. ABC logic is saying Character A defeated character B and so must beat character C. It fails because All three characters, A B and C may have different powersets which give them advantages over diffrent opponents or may have been fighting within different context and circumstances. Surfer physically dominating a being who is comparable to Hercules in strength and physically matching an angry Hulk and his Warbound simultaneously easily puts him in the same Top tier strength class as thor,beta ray bill,Hecrules,Hulk etc. this is indisputable really. Its not ABC logic because im not using the instance to determine surfers performance in a particular scenario but rather am using it to determine the level of one of his attributes.

BRB fought thor and won-Surfer has shown to be in the same strength class as such beings,

BRB ddestroyed a planet with one hit using energy and stormbreaker- Nice but not indicative of pure physical strength nd prowess

BRB-Cracked galactus body armour, Not indicative of much since damaging galactus physical body armour causes no harm to his person and has been accomplished by beings relatively low on the strength list.

darthgoober

Naija boy
How about using common sense. A Narrative Comments, does not reflect the outcome of a fight.

It not narrative comments. Its comments by characters who have interacted with them both and had a chance to assess their respective powerlevels.

id369

Naija boy
Damn, and Goob was at least trying to be nice in the face of this nonsense.

Mindship
Surfer has enough trouble with Thor. That's because Surfer doesn't know sometimes when to keep his yap shut.

In their first encounter, he had Thor separated from Mjolnir and on the ground in minutes, if not seconds. Surfer then paused to monologue, which gave Thor the time he needed to recover. Granted, this was a Loki-amped SS, but still an SS well below pre-sonic shark levels.

OneDumbG0
^ I'm not sure if it occurs before or after his first encounter with Surfer, but classic Thor didn't suffer from the 60 second curse while in Asgard. I'll have to confirm though.
Damn, and Goob was at least trying to be nice in the face of this nonsense. Not nonsense. I'd give classic Thor an even split with Silver Surfer easily. Beta Ray Bill is roughly classic Thor's equal. All the arguments being made would apply against classic Thor as well and I, in particular, disagree with what appears to be lop-sided assessments.

Travelling speed is a virtual non-factor. Surfer may have bonified FTL reflexes, but it's not a stretch to suggest that Beta Ray Bill has sufficient combat speed/reflexes to not be overwhelmed. I generally agree that Silver Surfer has higher durability, but not enough that would make Beta Ray Bill's damage output via Stormbreaker, the virtual equivalent of Mjolnir, a non-factor. And Beta Ray Bill has no exploitable weaknesses. It'd be a fight. And it'd be tough.

id369

Enyalus
A weakened Surfer was physically overpowering Gladiator-style Hulk. He was physically stalemating an amped Champion of the Universe. He easily physically overpowered Ravenous, who's probably peak-herald. He also was stalemating Gladiator physically in a non-canon issue.

So whats this false notion about Surfer not being anywhere near BRB in strength??

Naija boy
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ I'm not sure if it occurs before or after his first encounter with Surfer, but classic Thor didn't suffer from the 60 second curse while in Asgard. I'll have to confirm though.
Not nonsense. I'd give classic Thor an even split with Silver Surfer easily. Beta Ray Bill is roughly classic Thor's equal. All the arguments being made would apply against classic Thor as well and I, in particular, disagree with what appears to be lop-sided assessments.

Travelling speed is a virtual non-factor. Surfer may have bonified FTL reflexes, but it's not a stretch to suggest that Beta Ray Bill has sufficient combat speed/reflexes to not be overwhelmed. I generally agree that Silver Surfer has higher durability, but not enough that would make Beta Ray Bill's damage output via Stormbreaker, the virtual equivalent of Mjolnir, a non-factor. And Beta Ray Bill has no exploitable weaknesses. It'd be a fight. And it'd be tough.

Finally a reasonable poster. I also give classic thor an even split with surfer. Beta ray bill is classic thors equal in statements but not im not going to instantly equate them because of that(Im sure u agree hence the term "roughly equal"wink. Also it should be known BRB and thor and two of my favorite characters before anyone tries to use petty fanboy accusations . What im referring to as nonsense isnt the notion that he would give surfer a fight (he certainly would) but rather the faulty arguments being brought up by those previously supporting him. Ive said myself that it would be a hardfought match

Agree with evrything above
The only thing i disagree with is that these same arguments can be used against Classic thor. Poweroutput wise i actually think thor has the advantage over surfer as well as him having very impressive speedfeats of his own which would lead me to believe that the speed gap between he and surfer would be much closer.

Enyalus
Finally a reasonable poster. I also give classic thor an even split with surfer.

I'd give Current Surfer the majority over Classic Thor...

Personally.

darthgoober

id369
Finally a reasonable poster. Yet I am still not changing the tune of my song, just to avoid another up hill argument. Naija boy you are aware that AD MISERICORDIAM is a common form Logical Fallacie?

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Enyalus
I'd give Current Surfer the majority over Classic Thor...

Personally. uhuh

Enyalus
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
uhuh
If it helps any, I like Thor more...

OneDumbG0
^ biscuits

Naija boy
He placed a force field to shield the Asgardians from the Super Skrull. It does not matter, if Surfer matter manipulation is good. Unless he is laying unconscious, it wont effect him. If Galactus beam did not transform him into pure energy, what hope does Surfer has to do the same? Its an empty statement, not worth maintaining.

Scan or issue of the superskrull incident? as i cant seem to remember and i have evry Beta Ray appearance. Further that hardly consitutes him using forcefields in battle as efficiently as surfer has. Please stop with ur referencing of some imaginary incident with Galactus that occured only in ur head. Surfer has shown that he can actually manipulate Beta ray bills structure and so his matter manip will be a useful method of attack. Ive made no empty statements. Ur the one using imaginary scenarios and faulty scan interpretations.lol

Composure? Ad Hominem? Please get serious. Im not the one ignoring the points being made here. You are. I addressed and refuted evry single one of ur points while u decided to make ignorant blanket statements while ignoring the on panel evidence presented. Please post the scan of what stardust and bill "rush" that stardust and bill while fighting asteroth that was in the same vein of any the surfer speed scans showed. I have the comic and there was no such thing.

Further just so u now, NO ONE here not me nor goober talked of surfer fighting BRB at light speed. Heck i didnt even advocate speedblitzing. So this whole "transluminal speed argument" is once again going on in ur head. Maybe if u had decided to read some of the points made and not willfully ignore them u would have seen this.

He didnt shoot down the planet. Which goes back to the original point of the blast not being strong enough to destroy the planet. the anomaly being focused on the remains of the planet doesnt support ur case in the slightest. Almost evry freaking time Galactus appears he is focusing on consuming one planet or the other. It doesnt mean that we suddenly assume that the blasts galactus uses when fighting the defenders of said planets must be the same blast that his tech uses to prepare for the absorption process. That is fallacious reasoning at its peak. Galactus was using the exact same type of blasts he used on BRB to on the ships he was fighting in the scan i showed. You have absolutely nothing showing that the blast was the same as the blast his tech uses. That assumption is so baseless its not even funny

Classic Lunatiks strength was not in question. He is clearly a high level class 100 character able to even best the likes of hercules physically. On planet hulk surfer matched an angry hulk together with the war bound. There is nothing questionable there. In the other hul fight u are referencing surfer didnt want to fight hulk and held back immensely. He was trying to help hulk the whole time. In another of their physical confrontations, surfer has stopped an angry hulks doublefisted blow dead in its tracks which caused even hulk to acknowledge surfers strength. There's nothing wrong with my measuring stick. Nothing at all.

Please, i certainly know more about BRB than u do. Using stormbreaker while surrounded by energy to destroy a planet is not a feat that was performed with only BRBs strength. This is very simple to comprehend. Bill doesnt have to deliberately shoot rays to do anything. The energy was still there. Cracking galactus armour is worth mentioning yes, but does not justify bill being put into an entirely diffrent strength class from surfer. Not at all. Case closed.

Naija boy
Finally a reasonable poster. Yet I am still not changing the tune of my song, just to avoid another up hill argument. Naija boy you are aware that AD MISERICORDIAM is a common form Logical Fallacie?

AD MISERICORDIAM. lmao. Im majoring in common law and going to law school next year. dont try to teach me about logical fallacies. I wasnt appealing to anyones sense of pity. Your the one that has been ignoring evidence and practicing wishful thinking. Up hill argument? pathetic. I actually entirely agree with ODGs assesment. Its almost exactly the same as my own. U on the other have just shown recalcitrance and ignorance throughout while purposely misrepresenting on panel information as well as my position on the issue (i seriously cant stand that). It doesnt get any more fallacious than that.

Enyalus
AD MISERICORDIAM. lmao. Im majoring in common law and going to law school next year. dont try to teach me about logical fallacies.
Nigeria has law schools?

Naija boy
Nigeria has law schools?

Reported for Anti-nigerian comments. stick out tongue

P.S- im actually not going to law school in nigeria, but ur still reported evil face

Enyalus
Reported for Anti-nigerian comments. stick out tongue

P.S- im actually not going to law school in nigeria, but ur still reported evil face
No seriously, this was as much a shock as realizing that Mexico had an Air Force.

id369

id369
AD MISERICORDIAM. lmao. Im majoring in common law and going to law school next year. dont try to teach me about logical fallacies. I wasnt appealing to anyones sense of pity. Your the one that has been ignoring evidence and practicing wishful thinking. Up hill argument? pathetic. I actually entirely agree with ODGs assesment. Its almost exactly the same as my own. U on the other have just shown recalcitrance and ignorance throughout while purposely misrepresenting on panel information as well as my position on the issue (i seriously cant stand that). It doesnt get any more fallacious than that.

My best wishes, I hope you do better in law school, then you do at debating comic book characters.

Naija boy
No seriously, this was as much a shock as realizing that Mexico had an Air Force.

Heh. Nigeria >>>>Mexico

Naija boy
My best wishes, I hope you do better in law school, then you do at debating comic book characters.

lol, and u were the one talking of ad hominem? When u feel like addressing the points made and are tired of these pitiful attempts to dodge and take focus of the argument at hand. Let me know. Otherwise get ur idocy the hell outta here.

id369
lol, and u were the one talking of ad hominem? When u feel like addressing the points made and are tired of these pitiful attempts to dodge and take focus of the argument at hand. Let me know. Otherwise get ur idocy the hell outta here.

Tsk, tsk. Language. Google is your friend. But if you have trouble, with any of the terms I mention. I can define them for you.

Naija boy

Lunatik physical might is in question, getting handled by the current Draxs tends to be heavy burden in his resume.

Nonsense.The lunatic being referenced is a classic version of Lunatik who at that point was comparable to the likes of hercules in strength. So his recent encounter with drax is irrelevant. Further iirc current lunatic was weaend after having just escaped the kyln when he was taken out by drax. Though itss irrelevant anyways.

More imaginary occurences. He never overpowered thor. It was a double ko with both of them being knocked unconscious. BRB just happened to wake up first. Thats not overpowering at all. He also didnt physically smash a planet as has already been explained but which u have chosen to ignore.

Kris Blaze
Heh. Nigeria >>>>Mexico

Both those countries are scarping the bottom of the barrel tbh baka

Naija boy
Tsk, tsk. Language. Google is your friend. But if you have trouble, with any of the terms I mention. I can define them for you.

Arent u going to adress my post? Or do u think that ur retarded blather about google is going to cover up for ur debating ineptitude? lol. Good luck with that.

Naija boy
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Both those countries are scarping the bottom of the barrel tbh baka

cry

darthgoober

id369
Arent u going to adress my post? Or do u think that ur retarded blather about google is going to cover up for ur debating ineptitude? lol. Good luck with that.

I enjoy debating One Dumb Go or darthgoober. At times, they make me reconsider my position. You have yet, to give me a reason to continue my argument. Its becoming a nuisance.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/7366/secretinvasionthor02zmr.th.jpg

You actually think Surfer can matter manipulate Beta Ray Bill?

Imageshack is not working for me.
Storm breaker #4, Stardust and Bill rushed Asteorth.

Galactus came to consume that planet. This was acknowledged page 2 of the first book. Galactus is not going to destroy a planet, when he can easily submit his foe with a hand clap. He is not going to destroy the vary thing that nourishes him. You also have to keep in mind, that his machinery only simply the processes, making it conversion more efficient. But he does not really need it.

Surfer has respectable strength for taking down Hulk, and Lunatik. Yet not in the same class since, Bill has better showings, and is highly regarded for his brute strength.

What ever, it makes no real difference. If the energy served to augment his physical strength. Its still Bill showings, and his to claim.

id369

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>