Hancock vs Captain Marvel(Shazam)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spiderman1196
No prep straight out nonstop action.

chomperx9
captain marvel calls hancock @sshole and hes done for

Mindset
Billy would never do that!

xJLxKing
CM wins

Serious Impact
Rather limited feats aside, if we assume Hancock is on the same power level as heavy hitters like Captain Marvel, which I, personally, think he is, I give this to Hancock...if he no longer has amnesia.

He'd have thousands of years of experience. Plus, I picture him being more ruthless than Captain Marvel in a fight, which might give him the edge.

Although, Captain Marvel does have magic, which might even the playing field...

Hard to say either way, since we really don't know enough about Hancock and what his upper limits are, or if he possesses any other powers besides Super Strength, Invulnerability, Flight and Super Speed. I mean, what was with the storm while he was fighting Mary? Did they make the storm, or was it a result of them fighting each other? If they created the storm, are they able to control it? We simply don't know enough about him to give a truly informed opinion.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Serious Impact
Rather limited feats aside, if we assume Hancock is on the same power level as heavy hitters like Captain Marvel, which I, personally, think he is, For no reason.

Marvel in a stomp.

Serious Impact
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
For no reason.

Marvel in a stomp.

They may be limited feats, but what he shows isn't that bad.

He effortlessly stopped a cargo train weighing thousands of tons and traveling at high speeds. While drunk, he lazily throws a 60+ ton whale quite a distance into the ocean. He carves an image onto the surface of the moon, showing that he can survive in space, etc.

I know, CM has shown to be able to do these things too and then some. However, the fact that Hancock did them so easily, shows that his upper limits weren't reached in the movie. Personally, I got the impression that the makers of the movie were trying to portray a super being of immense power, one that could go toe to toe with the best of them, and, in that sense, I bought it. IMHO, I doubt that if they made a Captain Marvel movie, that they'd portray him with feats of strength that were greater, by any visible magnitude, to the ones that Hancock pulled off. Likewise, if they made a Hancock comic, I'm fairly confident that you'd see him pull of feats that rivaled those of Captain Marvel.

This is why I, personally, think he is on CMs level.

Lord Feron

He effortlessly stopped a cargo train weighing thousands of tons and traveling at high speeds. While drunk, he lazily throws a 60+ ton whale quite a distance into the ocean. He carves an image onto the surface of the moon, showing that he can survive in space, etc.

I know, CM has shown to be able to do these things too and then some. However, the fact that Hancock did them so easily, shows that his upper limits weren't reached in the movie. Personally, I got the impression that the makers of the movie were trying to portray a super being of immense power, one that could go toe to toe with the best of them, and, in that sense, I bought it. IMHO, I doubt that if they made a Captain Marvel movie, that they'd portray him with feats of strength that were greater, by any visible magnitude, to the ones that Hancock pulled off. Likewise, if they made a Hancock comic, I'm fairly confident that you'd see him pull of feats that rivaled those of Captain Marvel.

This is why I, personally, think he is on CMs level.

Agreed, he was never really straining until his weakness was realized. Hmm... i give this a split.

manx422
CM

Decimus
Captain Marvel wins 10/10 due to Hancock getting about half the moon dropped on him - OR - brought around his former lover as they circle the planet fighting.

Juntai

This is why I, personally, think he is on CMs level. Most of this is irrelivent, as its grounded in an assumption of a Captain Marvel movie version. He's going against the comic version here. smile

Lord Feron
To be honest they would never make a Captain MArvel movie. Because people would be like "whoa ... is that superman in a different outfit?" The vast majority of the population would treat CM as a b rated rip off a superman.

Placidity
Originally posted by Lord Feron
To be honest they would never make a Captain MArvel movie. Because people would be like "whoa ... is that superman in a different outfit?" The vast majority of the population would treat CM as a b rated rip off a superman.

Pretty much any superhero in film with flight, invulnerability, super strength and speed will be treated as a Superman rip-off.

However I think a CM movie could set itself apart because of:
1. His magical origins and Shazam.
2. His alter ego Billy Batson

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Placidity
Pretty much any superhero in film with flight, invulnerability, super strength and speed will be treated as a Superman rip-off.

However I think a CM movie could set itself apart because of:
1. His magical origins and Shazam.
2. His alter ego Billy Batson

True, I remember some people saying "black superman" when hancock came out.

They can def do the origins angle but Billy Batson isn't that deep of a character is he? Good examples would be Bruce Wayne's movie character or Peter Parker.

spiderman1196
true

zeel
Originally posted by Lord Feron

"Billy batson and the legend of shazam"

had funds of $300 millon that was 3 times the last superman movie. but it has stalled and rumor its cancelled.

Black adam was supposed to be played by the rock dwayne johnson and shazam by sean connery (rumor)

KingD19
There actually was a Captain Marvel movie. It was one of those old school ones though, I think it came out before the 1st Superman movie too.

Serious Impact
Originally posted by Juntai
Most of this is irrelivent, as its grounded in an assumption of a Captain Marvel movie version. He's going against the comic version here. smile

This isn't exactly what I was getting at with my explanation. What I was basically saying was that if you took the general feats that CM's done in the comics and made a movie, I doubt that you'd see a noticeable difference in their feats. Likewise, if you were to take the feats Hancock did in the movie, and perhaps expanded on them a bit, using the movie as a reference for what he could do, and I believe you'd find that he'd be pulling off feats that rivaled those of Captain Marvel.

Yes, this is just speculation and personal opinion, but most of what we talk about on this forum is just speculation and opinion. Sure, comic book characters with a long history will have more feats to show, but I'm willing to take what I saw in the movie, which, in general, has a much harder time pulling off feats that rival the comic books, or the budget and time to show nearly as many, and make that leap of faith that Hancock was intended to be on CM's and Supes power level. smile

F1@$H
ok heres what i recon would happen if you canceled out both their weaknesses as in captain marvel having acces to star light and hancocks sister/wife/kriptonite is on a far out galaxy on holiday....hancock is lying on the beach sleeeping when capten marvel wakes him up with his photon energy blast HC:Hey whyd you wake me up for cant you see im sleeping here. CM: as if i care, Fight me. HC:ive got better things to do *walks away*. CM: Man what an @sshole....
Red skull: *walks past* and says hi guys.....0.5 split seconds later. Red skull: Owwwwwww mother!#*& get him out get him out of me AHHHHHH!!!

Juntai
Originally posted by F1@$H
ok heres what i recon would happen if you canceled out both their weaknesses as in captain marvel having acces to star light and hancocks sister/wife/kriptonite is on a far out galaxy on holiday....hancock is lying on the beach sleeeping when capten marvel wakes him up with his photon energy blast HC:Hey whyd you wake me up for cant you see im sleeping here. CM: as if i care, Fight me. HC:ive got better things to do *walks away*. CM: Man what an @sshole....
Red skull: *walks past* and says hi guys.....0.5 split seconds later. Red skull: Owwwwwww mother!#*& get him out get him out of me AHHHHHH!!! Wrong Captain Marvel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.