Colossus vs Omega Red

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Who wins?

StiltmanFTW
Arkady.

The Nuul
Colossus

Survivor19
I give Arcady 7/10, because Colossus could enter berserker rage, much like Sabertooth back in the day, or somehow use surroundings with insane effectivity.

As other fights go, they're on same powerlevel, Arcady regenerates and is durable enuugh to trade blow for blow, energy drain reverts Colossus in human form, and Omega's fingertips pierced Piotr' hide.

jrodslam
Red should win everytime. If this is pure h2h, id give Colossus a few wins and maybe even the majority. In pure h2h, Red isnt going to trade blow for blow with Rassy. Especially if neither powers or tentacles are used.

Starscream M
Originally posted by jrodslam
Red should win everytime. If this is pure h2h, id give Colossus a few wins and maybe even the majority. In pure h2h, Red isnt going to trade blow for blow with Rassy. Especially if neither powers or tentacles are used. technically though shouldn't colossus be immune to death spores considering he doesn't need to breathe and his skin is invulnerable?

based on their powersets, Colossus should beat red imo

Harbinger
Arkady wins. Hasn't he been able to dig into Piotr's skin before? Pretty sure he has.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Starscream M
technically though shouldn't colossus be immune to death spores considering he doesn't need to breathe and his skin is invulnerable?

based on their powersets, Colossus should beat red imo
really becauses all there fights say other wises.........

Starscream M
Originally posted by Harbinger
Arkady wins. Hasn't he been able to dig into Piotr's skin before? Pretty sure he has. yep it did happen...I found it quite odd and not consistent with colossus powerset that red was able to do so

StiltmanFTW
Even if Colossus is immune to Death Spores, he still has to worry about life drain.

snoopdogg
Omega Red is Class 100.

Starscream M
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Omega Red is Class 100. gtfo

snoopdogg
gtfo Anybody who can poke their fingers into Colossus' metal hide has to be Class 100.

Starscream M
Anybody who can poke their fingers into Colossus' metal hide has to be Class 100. no Class 100s have ever been able to poke their fingers into colossus' metal hide

that was a stupid event

Starscream M
Originally posted by Battlehammer
really becauses all there fights say other wises......... their fights have a lot of dumb stuff happening

Battlehammer
no Class 100s have ever been able to poke their fingers into colossus' metal hide

that was a stupid event
No it was class 100 strength plus life drain which is how he did it.

Colossus always gets beat down by red when they battle

Battlehammer
their fights have a lot of dumb stuff happening
nice debating there. "I dont like it, so it stupid" roll eyes (sarcastic)

snoopdogg
Omega Red is Class 100 son. That's how he does work.

Starscream M
nice debating there. "I dont like it, so it stupid" roll eyes (sarcastic) so nobody has ever ripped into colossus skin..yet red can do so? bull faeces

red may be strong but he isn't anywhere near that strong

Battlehammer
so nobody has ever ripped into colossus skin..yet red can do so? bull faeces

red may be strong but he isn't anywhere near that strong

actaully it quite possiable. Red power drians peoples life force, not only making them weaker, but amping his abilties up as well. So yes it quite possiable, it did happen.

jinzin
I'm still partial to the theory that Red's life sapping was partially responsible for the colossus skin poking.

In any event Red's 3 for 3 against Colossus IIRC so I don't see Petey taking this.

Starscream M
actaully it quite possiable. Red power drians peoples life force, not only making them weaker, but amping his abilties up as well. So yes it quite possiable, it did happen. it may make colossus weaker...how does that effect colossus metal skin? his metal skin isn't related to colossus' energy level

snoopdogg
Originally posted by jinzin
I'm still partial to the theory that Red's life sapping was partially responsible for the colossus skin poking.

In any event Red's 3 for 3 against Colossus IIRC so I don't see Petey taking this. Red is Class 100. I thought this was the 2nd fight they had. What issues did they all fight in?

jinzin
Pretty sure it was in that instance. I want to say there's at least one panel where his life drain reduced Colossus to regular skin.

jinzin
Red is Class 100. I thought this was the 2nd fight they had. What issues did they all fight in?

At best I think Red's somewhere around Rogue's strength class, he's just got powers armor and weaponry up the ass.

They fought in uncanny
that mini.... what was it? Liberty something... the one where Red ran his tenticles under the ground and snatched Colossus..
and I THINK they ran into eachother one other time in an early X-Men issue, like 17 or somewhere around there. Where Arkady dropped an entire X-Team with his spores in about 20 seconds.

Starscream M
Where Arkady dropped an entire X-Team with his spores in about 20 seconds. how does piotr get affected by spores when he doesn't even breathe...stupidity i tell ya

snoopdogg

and I THINK they ran into eachother one other time in an early X-Men issue, like 17 or somewhere around there. Where Arkady dropped an entire X-Team with his spores in about 20 seconds. I don't think they fought in that issue. Pretty sure they didn't.

jinzin
I don't think they fought in that issue. Pretty sure they didn't. Okay, I may be mistaken. I'll see if I can find the ish in a little bit and skin through it let ya know if he's in there or not...

Lol most might not care, but I think they also fought in X-Men Adventures based on the toon.

snoopdogg
how does piotr get affected by spores when he doesn't even breathe...stupidity i tell ya Colossus has been written to be able to withstand Rogue's touch and he was also able to withstand Famine's touch also. Depends on how he writer feels that day.

Starscream M
Colossus has been written to be able to withstand Rogue's touch and he was also able to withstand Famine's touch also. Depends on how he writer feels that day. exactly, which is why I think red being able to affect colossus was writer ignorance more than anything

snoopdogg
And if I recall Elixir's powers won't work on Colossus either.

jinzin
Meh, no one eve said his powers work in the same facet as theirs so it's hardly worth worrying about.

Kris Blaze
Red is Class 100. I thought this was the 2nd fight they had. What issues did they all fight in?

Didn't look like a class 100 when Chamber took him apart.

Battlehammer
it may make colossus weaker...how does that effect colossus metal skin? his metal skin isn't related to colossus' energy level
yes it is. He often changes back when he weaken or KOed.

FrothByte
When has Omega red been upgraded to class 100? As far as i know he has never been class 100. He's pretty damn strong, but i though only around class 50 or so.

guysangel
Omega Red wins

KingD19
I say Red digging into Colossus skin was ignorance. It looked like his regular skin was underneath, giving the appearance that the metal is only a shell, not a full body transformation. And his blood was red, where in an earlier issue, the only issue where he did bleed, his nosebleed looked like mercury/quicksilver, which is more correct. And nobody has ever put any limits on Red, they say he's not super duper amazing, yet he takes stuff that would destroy people easily. There is basically nothing to stop him.

jrodslam
Omega Red is not 100cl. With his tentacles, the highest id set him at is 80 maybe even 90, but no way would i put him higher. Without them, hed be no stronger than Sabes imo. As for him being able to dig his fingers into Colossus's hide, Red also was applying the death factor at the same time which would cause Colossus to lose consciousness/weaken and is armor to dissipate.
In regards to Red and Colossus running into each other in the past, in X-Men #18 after Red dropped the other X-Men, Colossus and Vazhin fled the scene. Colossus didnt want to run and stated "Running away is not my nature, Vazhin.", but Vazhin stated "Survival is mine nikoleivitch! We werent going to win there.."

snoopdogg
Red....unfortunaely. That last fight was a stomp.

Juk3n
it may make colossus weaker...how does that effect colossus metal skin? his metal skin isn't related to colossus' energy level

what? i kinda figuered if he was too weak he would revert back to human, life drain = weaker. I'll buy life drain allowing Red to break Skin. And id say Colossus energy is DIRECTLY tied to his ability to stay solid.

Placidity
Originally posted by Juk3n
what? i kinda figuered if he was too weak he would revert back to human, life drain = weaker. I'll buy life drain allowing Red to break Skin. And id say Colossus energy is DIRECTLY tied to his ability to stay solid.

So you're saying when Colossus is weaker, his metal only stays 'half-solid'? As far as I know he is either Solid or normal, not some in-between or 'weak metal' state.

-Pr-
Colossus, imo.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Placidity
So you're saying when Colossus is weaker, his metal only stays 'half-solid'? As far as I know he is either Solid or normal, not some in-between or 'weak metal' state. That's the way it's suppose to be. But he's also suppose to revert to human form when kayoed. Something he didn't do in the very same story arc.

ColossusGrundy
Colossus is class 100 as well.

Have they fought since he got the upgrade? Probably not.

Piotr all the way if written correctly.

snoopdogg
Yea, and Red stomped him and Logan at the same time.

Lord Feron
OR would destroy Colossus each and everytime

SuperiorTech
I would take Red more times than not.

Colossus-Big C
technically though shouldn't colossus be immune to death spores considering he doesn't need to breathe and his skin is invulnerable?

based on their powersets, Colossus should beat red imo it was a dumb comic.

1.colossus interior is also metal. the blood part was retarded
2. how the hell does death spores work on metal?

Colossus-Big C
No it was class 100 strength plus life drain which is how he did it.

Colossus always gets beat down by red when they battle

no class 100 can just poke into his metal like that.
even hulk who is far above class 100 had to apply alot of pressure to bend colossus arms and it wasnt even pierced afterwards

-Pr-
since when is Omega Red cl100?

snoopdogg
He's not. Not even close.

-Pr-
He's not. Not even close.

didn't think so.

The Nuul
Originally posted by -Pr-
since when is Omega Red cl100?

I was laughing at the same thing.....laughing

Next, Red is going to beat the Hulk....laughing

thanos-prime
OR

-K-M-
Apparently he is as strong as Thing...apparently

The Nuul
Originally posted by -K-M-
Apparently he is as strong as Thing...apparently

laughing

-Pr-
i always thought he was around the 10-20 mark, personally. has that changed?

The Nuul
i always thought he was around the 10-20 mark, personally. has that changed?

Yeah, Batle chainged it too 100cl.

-K-M-
Originally posted by The Nuul
laughing

http://www.imagebam.com/image/ebb22051508449/

"I have to end this. But he is as strong as the Thing.."

*Not sure if thats canon though

The Nuul

shit

-Pr-

looks like one of those marvel adventures comics...

-K-M-
looks like one of those marvel adventures comics...

Its from Iron Man: Armour Wars #3. I dont know if it falls under the MA series.

EDIT: Found this concerning the series

Iron Man and the Armor Wars
A 4-issue mini-series titled "Iron Man & The Armor Wars", a modernization of the Armor Wars concept for a new audience, debuted in August, 2009, written by Joe Caramagna with art by Craig Rousseau.

*shrugs*

The Nuul
IM is jobbing to OR or just another bad comic.

snoopdogg
I can't believe the fall from that measely height could kayo Red during that issue. But Logan's claws and Colossus' punches could not. Some good writing going on there.

The Nuul
I can't believe the fall from that measely height could kayo Red during that issue. But Logan's claws and Colossus' punches could not. Some good writing going on there.

The power of fanboys are strong in some, too bad falling from a measly height the weakness.

King Castle
felt it was time to bring this back.

Omega red wins 8/10 and that is being generous.

YFZ 350
Red wins as he already did.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by The Nuul
Yeah, Batle chainged it too 100cl.
not changed anything he always been that way. People simply have misconceptions about his strength level based off hand books.

Doc ock is the same way, but notice how no one doubts that he eaisly over 20 tons in strength.

Dum Dum Dugan
it called PIS. It was in order to move the plot, the same thing was used to KO wolveirne and colossus.

King Castle
only with his mechanical arms and bracing.. dont you forget that.

but, easily enough to hold spidey combination of leverage strength grip and sturdiness..

so i could see Doc Ock being a class 20 above spidey or being equal.

Dum Dum Dugan
http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/5704/vsred1a5rtwv5.th.jpghttp://img125.imageshack.us/img125/5383/vsred1b3blic9.th.jpghttp://img118.imageshack.us/img118/3561/vsred1c2ghyq0.th.jpg

King Castle
ppl should notice that Omega did not strength amp either when he manhandled Ironman since Ironman was controlling it with a nuero interface and not in the suit.

-Pr-

thumb up

exactly.

Dum Dum Dugan
thumb up

exactly.
it was clearly a plot device and you know better. It was used by the author throughout the arc.

love people try to pretend it was anything other then plot device. It happens all the time, that does not make the entire issue unusable if it did most feats would be unusable if we wanna sit aorund and nit pick.

King Castle
if people red the story arch you noticed that they all had been tortured and weaken and omega red and others stated it as such.

Omega red even stated when he started to draw life force from colossus that he was feeling a little better.

its like when ppl watch a character survive an explosion crawl out of a wreckage kick some @$$ from here to sunday and then some one hits or shoots him and ppl running and being look what a sissy he got knocked out by one punch or bullet to the head i thought he was suppose to be durable.

context people

-Pr-
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
it was clearly a plot device and you know better. It was used by the author throughout the arc.

love people try to pretend it was anything other then plot device. It happens all the time, that does not make the entire issue unusable if it did most feats would be unusable if we wanna sit aorund and nit pick.

How is a plot device different from PIS or bad/inaccurate writing?

Dum Dum Dugan
How is a plot device different from PIS or bad/inaccurate writing?
It not, it is pis. but the plot device was great falls. it had been through out the arc. That does not overshadow the rest of the arc. The writer simply used people falling from great hieghts as a way to further the plot.

If you wanna start nip picking it can be used for any number of feats. Most comics have at least some bit of plot induced stupidity.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
It not, it is pis. but the plot device was great falls. it had been through out the arc. That does not overshadow the rest of the arc. The writer simply used people falling from great hieghts as a way to further the plot.

If you wanna start nip picking it can be used for any number of feats. Most comics have at least some bit of plot induced stupidity.

erm

so you get to pick and choose what you like and what you don't?

King Castle
was it pis when that alien dude used joint manipulations and pressure points to take down colossus?

Starscream M
Originally posted by King Castle
was it pis when that alien dude used joint manipulations and pressure points to take down colossus? pressure points should not work on colossus

joint manipulations might

Badabing
Let's get back to the topic at hand, Colossus vs Omega Red.

Also, people are throwing around PIS and CIS far too much lately. Debate the material and showings. All of our favorite characters lose fights some of us don't think they should lose. All characters have showings which we don't agree.

Almost every character with limited or no powers have dodged/deflected bullets. That in no way grants those characters super speed/reflexes. Bullets job.

Every story has plot elements. If there were no plot elements there would be no story. PIS is Spidey fighting Sandman in a desert where there happens to be an oasis that happens to be near a limestone mine. Or Batman fighting Clayface and there is a liquid nitrogen or liquid oxygen tank right there.

CIS is when Superman or Surfer "forget" they have a whole array of powers for an inferior enemy can make a fight out of it. Or they hold back because there are innocent people around.

snoopdogg
erm

so you get to pick and choose what you like and what you don't? Welcome to Dum Dum's world.

KingD19
Yeah, Omega Red takes a full force blast from Chamber at point blank, gets blasted miles away, and walks it off like he just got a massage.

Yet Nightcrawler drops him 3 miles and he gets ktfo?

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Badabing
Let's get back to the topic at hand, Colossus vs Omega Red.

Also, people are throwing around PIS and CIS far too much lately. Debate the material and showings. All of our favorite characters lose fights some of us don't think they should lose. All characters have showings which we don't agree.

Almost every character with limited or no powers have dodged/deflected bullets. That in no way grants those characters super speed/reflexes. Bullets job.

Every story has plot elements. If there were no plot elements there would be no story. PIS is Spidey fighting Sandman in a desert where there happens to be an oasis that happens to be near a limestone mine. Or Batman fighting Clayface and there is a liquid nitrogen or liquid oxygen tank right there.

CIS is when Superman or Surfer "forget" they have a whole array of powers for an inferior enemy can make a fight out of it. Or they hold back because there are innocent people around. Bullets do job. I'm glad someone said that.

carver9
erm

Its not picking and choosing... omega red feats out weighs him being injured by falling from great heights... especially since the guy had a tank thrown on him and shrugged it off like nothing happened while fighting the entire xmen team.

Dum Dum Dugan
erm

No thats simply what it was. Dont play ignorant. You read the arc, great falls koing people was a means to further the plot through out the arc. Colossus and Wolverine were Ko by the same manner not issue or two earlier.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.