runner vs black racer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonheartmm
the elder vs the new god. no space gem. they fight in outer space.

manx422
Black Racer

D_Dude1210
If Flash can beat the Black Racer then the Runner can run rings around him.

Lord Feron
Runner run's circles around him.

Juntai
Originally posted by manx422
Black Racer

Slaanesh
Runner everytime..

Juntai
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
If Flash can beat the Black Racer then the Runner can run rings around him. Which issue did Flash beat up the Black Racer in?

I need scans.

D_Dude1210
No1 said "beat up".

manx422
he was gaining on both the flashes

D_Dude1210
But still ended up losing in the end.

Besides elders are completely immune to death, the black racer is completely powerless against the runner.

Runner wins in a spitestomp.

Juntai
No1 said "beat up". WELL . .. THIS IS A FIGHT.

Juntai
But still ended up losing in the end.

Besides elders are completely immune to death, the black racer is completely powerless against the runner.

Runner wins in a spitestomp. Untrue. Because it's Death that grants that.
However, this is Death coming for him.
wink

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Juntai
Untrue. Because it's Death that grants that.
However, this is Death coming for him.
wink

Good point. wink Death still needs to catch him, tho. Hehe.

manx422
Black Racer stopped for darkseid
he was gaining

Juntai
Good point. wink Death still needs to catch him, tho. Hehe. If he can gain on Flash, he can gain on Runner.
If you want to, we can compare Runner and Flash feats. smile

D_Dude1210
He wasn't gaining fast enough.

Juntai
He wasn't gaining fast enough. lmao.

D_Dude1210
Seriously, Runner would run rings around Flash and if the Black Racer couldn't do that, then the Runner will easily outrun him.

Juntai
Seriously, Runner would run rings around Flash and if the Black Racer couldn't do that, then the Runner will easily outrun him. Lets compare Runner's feats to Flashes then?
I'll let you know now, that's a losing battle.

D_Dude1210
Lets compare Runner's feats to Flashes then?
I'll let you know now, that's a losing battle.

I bet you're gonna say "he outran death" stick out tongue

kgkg
If he can gain on Flash, he can gain on Runner.
If you want to, we can compare Runner and Flash feats. smile How? Do you know how fast Flash was running?

What does feats have do with anything here?

Flash has had trouble running at light speed in recent years and even needed major amping to reach light speed instantly.

D_Dude1210
Speedwise, Runner has run rings around the Surfer who has shown that he could move light years in seconds (thus making him at least millions of times the speed of light).

Juntai
I bet you're gonna say "he outran death" stick out tongue I bet you're going to keep dodging the fact that Runner having the loyal support in vs threads he has is a complete joke. His two major feats, involve beating a Surfer that was a holding back due to Runner's 'likable' power, a luxury he doesn't have here, and then losing to Thanos.

Wait, he ripped Thanos chair apart.
Beating an inanimate object in a fair battle....clearly that means he's one of the toughest characters on the forum.

Warlord
Speedwise, Runner has run rings around the Surfer who has shown that he could move light years in seconds (thus making him at least millions of times the speed of light).

thumb up

Juntai
Originally posted by kgkg

What does feats have do with anything here?
I believe it's called 'evidence'.
Flash is faster, period. smile

Juntai
Speedwise, Runner has run rings around the Surfer who has shown that he could move light years in seconds (thus making him at least millions of times the speed of light). Conjecture, much?
lmao.
Save that for the less intelligent posters.

kgkg
I believe it's called 'evidence'.
So we use go by feat war by using best feats ever by said characters and ignoring recent showings?

not by recent showing

D_Dude1210
Conjecture, much?
lmao.
Save that for the less intelligent posters.

Where's the conjecture here.

He's been seen on-panel to run rings around the surfer.

The Surfer has been show on-panel to travel light years in seconds.

One second per light year makes you around: 31536000x the speed of light.

manx422
at kmc we use character's top feats

Juntai
So we use go by feat war by using best feats ever by said characters and ignoring recent showings?

not by recent showing You trying to pick out a recent showing that's lower doesn't make others less valid here. smile

Juntai
Where's the conjecture here.

He's been seen on-panel to run rings around the surfer.

The Surfer has been show on-panel to travel light years in seconds.

One second per light year makes you around: 31536000x the speed of light. Start at the beginning of the post.
The first letter, to the last.
Complete conjecture.

If you don't see how piss poor that logic is, I can't help you.
Go debate with Quan Chi or something.
I'll continue this with KGKG, maybe.
His posts are much more entertaining.
Well, depending on perspective.
smile

kgkg
Originally posted by manx422
at kmc we use character's top feats We don't. Read the rules

Juntai
We don't. Read the rules We use them at' optimum.'
Definition as of dictionary.com..."the greatest degree or best result obtained or obtainable"

smile

Bringing up the times Flash 'struggles', or 'fails', to achieve his capacity as shown on panel in various other instances certainly doesn't qualify at that.

D_Dude1210
Start at the beginning of the post.
The first letter, to the last.
Complete conjecture.

If you don't see how piss poor that logic is, I can't help you.
Go debate with Quan Chi or something.
I'll continue this with KGKG, maybe.
His posts are much more entertaining.
Well, depending on perspective.
smile

LOL, even when it is stated on panel "several seconds and several light years later"? THAT'S conjecture?

Wow. Tough crowd here.

Best to reserve your own conjecture til you've seen the on-panel evidence for yourself.

Juntai
LOL, even when it is stated on panel "several seconds and several light years later"? THAT'S conjecture?

Wow. Tough crowd here.

Best to reserve your own conjecture til you've seen the on-panel evidence for yourself. lmao.

kgkg
You trying to pick out a recent showing that's lower doesn't make others less valid here. smile It does if he is unable to do those feat than he can no longer achieve those speed.

Especially when witter clearly put limitations on Flash's speed.

If the writers says he can't than he can't no point bringing his past feat when there are several newer feats which contradict those feats anway smile

We go by recent feats at KMC old feats are valid. Yes. But if the character is unable to do it than those feats they are no longer valid.

It's been many years since flash have shown with speed limitation some as low as Gorilla Grodd mind being faster than Wally smile

D_Dude1210
lmao.

Well, concession accepted then.

Juntai
I understand what Surfer is capable of at times. I recall the seconds and light-years later line. I believe I have that comic.. Annihilation?

Your conjecture begins, when you compare that speed, to him getting coasting through space at "N" speed, and his ensuing tussle with Runner.

That's like saying Green Arrow is faster than light-speed, because he hit a speedster with an arrow. Understand?

Now run along. You're clearly in over your head here.

Juntai
Well, concession accepted then. Not quite.

Juntai
It does if he is unable to do those feat than he can no longer achieve those speed.

If the writers says he can't than he can't no point bringing his past feat when there are several newer feats which contradict those feats anway smile

We go by recent feats at KMC old feats are valid. Yes. But if the character is unable to do it than those feats they are no longer valid.

It's been many years since flash have shown with speed limitation some as low as Gorilla Grodd mind being faster than Wally smile Do you have evidence they are invalid then?
Something that rubbed them from continuity?

Does that mean when Dr Strange is in any thread against a magician, they can simply turn his powers off, like an amatuer did in The Oath?

D_Dude1210
I understand what Surfer is capable of at times. I recall the seconds and light-years later line. I believe I have that comic.. Annihilation?

Your conjecture begins, when you compare that speed, to him getting coasting through space at "N" speed, and his ensuing tussle with Runner.

That's like saying Green Arrow is faster than light-speed, because he hit a speedster with an arrow. Understand?

So you're saying that he'd be moving WAY below optimum speed while traveling thru space and would also move at WAY below optimum speed while in combat and that any conclusion based on him moving at close to top speed while traveling or in combat is simple conjecture and should be disregarded?

Wow. Your logic rocks! You SUUUREE showed me. Lol.

Juntai
So you're saying that he'd be moving WAY below optimum speed while traveling thru space and would also move at WAY below optimum speed while in combat and that any conclusion based on him moving at close to top speed while traveling or in combat is simple conjecture and should be disregarded?

Wow. Your logic rocks! You SUUUREE showed me. Lol. It's conjecture because you're extrapolating.

Enyalus
According to Barry Allen and Final Crisis, Black Racer can't go beyond light speed currently.

That means Runner wins.

kgkg

D_Dude1210
It's conjecture because you're extrapolating.

True, there was a little extrapolation involved in determning the speed of which the Surfer was moving at the time. However, ALMOST all feats become extrapolation if we follow these strict sets of guidelines.

Ex: The only reason we thought that the Black Racer was fast was because he caught up to the Flash. However, how fast do we REALLY know the Flash to be running at that time? Was there any indication that he was moving at higher than light speed at all? We had to extrapolate data based on the feats of the Flash to determine this.

Also, we know that the top speed of the surfer is easily millions of times the speed of light. Extrapolation or not, what makes more sense, that he'd be traveling at much much much much much lower than this at combat or cruising speed? Common sense applies, too, yknow.

Juntai

kgkg
What you're suggesting is throwing away feats every time a character changes writers. That's bullshit and you know it. They all handle them differently. It doesn't make previous in-continuity events any less substantial.
Like, when the writer had Superman fail to speed over and catch a bullet, suddenly he can't do that anymore? lmao.

OH, BUT ITS SUPPORTED AGAIN ON PANEL.
In Amazons Attack. He couldn't stop a whole group of people from getting gunned down!
Difference is Superman inability to catch bullet is PIS especially when he has done it often before. Are you refereeing to the instance where Superman failed to catch multiple machine gun fire that killed hostages? Some writers have Superman earth speed lower than some fans would claims , and other have put restriction to how fast he could move due to environmental damage it could cause. Could explain why he would have failed.

What are his recent biggest feat?

I don't mind one or two cases of writers failing to realize something. But when you have entire arcs showing limitation it's hard to overlook them.

Juntai
Difference is Superman inability to catch bullet is PIS especially when he has done it often before.
End of debate. smile

kgkg
End of debate. smile Not really but whatever float your boat.

kgkg
If anyone can answer this would be great. thx

iceman24567
Originally posted by Enyalus
According to Barry Allen and Final Crisis, Black Racer can't go beyond light speed currently. Wrong

kgkg
According to Barry Allen and Final Crisis, Black Racer can't go beyond light speed currently.

That means Runner wins. IIRC it was Jay who said that.

KuRuPT Thanosi
If he can gain on Flash, he can gain on Runner.
If you want to, we can compare Runner and Flash feats. smile

Superman's feats rival and surpass that of Galactus, Tiamut and Odin to name a few yet does that mean regular supes beats them? No and that way of thinking is silly. Supes gets WTFpwned by all of those guys even with a sun amp let alone regular supes. The other fact which makes your logic unsound is the many more appearances that Flash has over Runner and thus will obviously have more feats. Yet somehow this proves what exactly? That flash is superior in the speed department.. Hardly.

xJLxKing
Isn't the Black Runner created to catch Speedsters, or am I confusing this?

Nihilist
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Isn't the Black Runner created to catch Speedsters, or am I confusing this? black racer is death(new gods), black flash catches speedsters

Juntai
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Superman's feats rival and surpass that of Galactus, Tiamut and Odin to name a few yet does that mean regular supes beats them? No and that way of thinking is silly. Supes gets WTFpwned by all of those guys even with a sun amp let alone regular supes. The other fact which makes your logic unsound is the many more appearances that Flash has over Runner and thus will obviously have more feats. Yet somehow this proves what exactly? That flash is superior in the speed department.. Hardly. If Runner's showings don't match up to Flashs', then it's certainly true. Otherwise all you have to go on is hopes and dreams that Runner is faster, which seems to be the case. smile

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Nihilist
black racer is death(new gods), black flash catches speedsters
Yeah, but aren't they all the concept of death?

Juntai
Yeah, but aren't they all the concept of death? Yes.

Nihilist
Yeah, but aren't they all the concept of death? *edit*

Juntai beat me to it

xJLxKing
So BR=BF?

Naija boy
Superman's feats rival and surpass that of Galactus, Tiamut and Odin

Erm lets not get carried away here Kurupt. Sure supermans feats are the top of the pile if u count "He saved the omniverse" and "defeated so and so" as feats in and of themselves. However we u bring the propercontext into it u find out that his performance of those "feats" depended on external circumstances and plot and hence those instances do not come close to justifying a power placement even remotely close to the likes of Odin let alone Tiamut or Galactus.Usually such instances dont tell us much about a characters powerlevel at all.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Naija boy
Erm lets not get carried away here Kurupt. Sure supermans feats are the top of the pile if u count "He saved the omniverse" and "defeated so and so" as feats in and of themselves. However we u bring the propercontext into it u find out that his performance of those "feats" depended on external circumstances and plot and hence those instances do not come close to justifying a power placement even remotely close to the likes of Odin let alone Tiamut or Galactus.Usually such instances dont tell us much about a characters powerlevel at all.
Just say the PIS

kgkg
Just say the PIS say what?

xJLxKing
I meant to say POS
Plot of Story, or w.e. is stands for.

Naija boy
Edit

darthgoober
What you're suggesting is throwing away feats every time a character changes writers. That's bullshit and you know it. They all handle them differently. It doesn't make previous in-continuity events any less substantial.
Like, when the writer had Superman fail to speed over and catch a bullet, suddenly he can't do that anymore? lmao.

OH, BUT ITS SUPPORTED AGAIN ON PANEL.
In Amazons Attack. He couldn't stop a whole group of people from getting gunned down!

You're acting like someone's trying to pull feats from the 60s and 70s, like Thor and Hulk fans do.

Flash's bigger feats, are all still fairly recent in memory, and are still continuity.
Unless I'm mistaken, he's talking about tossing out feats that no longer fit in with how the characters being written rather than tossing them out because of the portrayals of a single writer. That's probably why he was asking for recent feats of the Flash rather than other feats from the same writer.

It's not that big of a stretch if you think about it, Nova's first appearance with the entirety of the Nova force at his disposal had him knocking Firelord and Airwalker across the solar system wtih a single blast simultaneously and Supernova's showings with the Full Nova Force had him taking on Thor, Quasar, Firelord, and others at the same time, but Richard's showings throughout and after Annihilation didn't really put the Nova Force anywhere near that level. So which showings do you consider more valid in a discussion about Nova w/full Nova Force, the old stuff that's still in continuity or the more recent showings in and after Annihilation? Did Surfer really own someone who was powerful enough to take on Thor, Quasar, and Firelord(or even just Firelord and Airwalker) at the same time?

TricksterPriest
Or maybe Richard doesn't know what the hell he's doing and Supernova had greater ability to use the power.

Black Racer wins btw.

darthgoober
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Or maybe Richard doesn't know what the hell he's doing and Supernova had greater ability to use the power.

Black Racer wins btw.
Again, in NOVA'S(Richard Rider's) first appearance with the full Nova Force he blasted Firelord and Airwalker for a loop and across the solar system with one shot. Would you say that he seemed that powerful in Annihilation? Did Surfer really take a shot that was THAT powerful when Nova unloaded with a full gravimatetric pulse(or however you spell it)?

Naija boy
Originally posted by darthgoober
Unless I'm mistaken, he's talking about tossing out feats that no longer fit in with how the characters being written rather than tossing them out because of the portrayals of a single writer. That's probably why he was asking for recent feats of the Flash rather than other feats from the same writer.

It's not that big of a stretch if you think about it, Nova's first appearance with the entirety of the Nova force at his disposal had him knocking Firelord and Airwalker across the solar system wtih a single blast simultaneously and Supernova's showings with the Full Nova Force had him taking on Thor, Quasar, Firelord, and others at the same time, but Richard's showings throughout and after Annihilation didn't really put the Nova Force anywhere near that level. So which showings do you consider more valid in a discussion about Nova w/full Nova Force, the old stuff that's still in continuity or the more recent showings in and after Annihilation? Did Surfer really own someone who was powerful enough to take on Thor, Quasar, and Firelord(or even just Firelord and Airwalker) at the same time? thumb up

TricksterPriest
Again, in NOVA'S(Richard Rider's) first appearance with the full Nova Force he blasted Firelord and Airwalker for a loop and across the solar system with one shot. Would you say that he seemed that powerful in Annihilation. Did Surfer really take a shot that was THAT powerful when Nova unloaded with a full gravimatetric pulse(or however you spell it)?

It's obvious the writers are chosing not to give Richard the power that theoretically should be his to command. Nova Force is getting a downgrade. Hell, the Worldmind was shit scared of Annihilus during Annihilation.

It's obvious he was on the lower end of the power spectrum recently. erm

KuRuPT Thanosi
If Runner's showings don't match up to Flashs', then it's certainly true. Otherwise all you have to go on is hopes and dreams that Runner is faster, which seems to be the case. smile

You avoided what I said though Juntai... Don't superman's feats surpass that of Odin, Galactus, & Tiamut etc etc? So, does that mean he beats them in a fight using that same logic you tried to use here? Just because somebody has more feats doesn't mean they win a vs. battle which I have just proven here.

darthgoober
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
It's obvious the writers are chosing not to give Richard the power that theoretically should be his to command. Nova Force is getting a downgrade. Hell, the Worldmind was shit scared of Annihilus during Annihilation.

It's obvious he was on the lower end of the power spectrum recently. erm
And by the same token, Flash's writers aren't currently acknowledging the same level of speed/power that they used to. Neither received any kind of official downgrade, they just started writing both differently. So which feats are more valid for Flash and Nova(as well as everyone the square off against) in vs threads, the old stuff or the new?

KuRuPT Thanosi

I totally agree but was only trying to make a point that you can't just go by who has more feats and better feats. Supes has way more and better feats then Tiamut but Tiamut could wtf pwn him even with a sunamp

kgkg
So BR=BF? It wasn't the case before there have been many incarnations of death and these two were thought to be different

But FC shows that Black Racer is indeed the same entity as Black Flash.

as noted by Wally here:
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/248/49518144.th.jpg

Hope that answers your question.

Lord Feron

Can't really spell taht any clearer than that people. But i'm willing to bet the house they they still don't understand.

xJLxKing
It wasn't the case before there have been many incarnations of death and these two were thought to be different

But FC shows that Black Racer is indeed the same entity as Black Flash.

as noted by Wally here:
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/248/49518144.th.jpg

Hope that answers your question.
Yeah, so why is this up for debate.

If Bf and BR are the same person/entity then they win.

Black Flash was clearly faster then Flash. By a good margin.

kgkg

Black Flash was clearly faster then Flash. By a good margin. Have you read the debates? this is not even about Black Racer vs Runner

xJLxKing
Have you read the debates? this is not even about Black Racer vs Runner
You mean the one with Juntai, Ninja boy..etc? Yes, I have

darthgoober

Black Flash was clearly faster then Flash. By a good margin.
It's up for debate because Flash recently stated that Death can't go lightspeed.

Naija boy
You mean the one with Juntai, Ninja boy..etc? Yes, I have

Ehem Ehem, are u blind? stick out tongue Its Naija boy mad

xJLxKing
Ehem Ehem, are u blind? stick out tongue Its Naija boy mad
My bad, my bad!! I always mistake your name for ninja

His opinion mad evil face smokin'

darthgoober
His opinion mad evil face smokin'
Unless I'm mistaken, he called it a little known fact(or something to that effect).

xJLxKing
Unless I'm mistaken, he called it a little known fact(or something to that effect).
What issue is that?

darthgoober
What issue is that?
I'm not sure, I've just sen the scan(though now that I think of it I need to check that issue out). Ask Eny, I'm pretty sure he's the one who posted it.

kgkg
What issue is that?
FC #3

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/491/fc3o.th.jpg

kgkg
Another important note is that flash were escaping The Black Racer by running so many thousand times faster than "sound".

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9080/fc32.th.jpg

xJLxKing
Another important note is that flash were escaping The Black Racer by running so many thousand times faster than "sound".

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9080/fc32.th.jpg
Isn't that just the start after the saw the bullet? They kept increasing speed.

iceman24567
It's up for debate because Flash recently stated that Death can't go lightspeed. False because he did go beyond light speed it.

kgkg
Isn't that just the start after the saw the bullet? They kept increasing speed. Yes. They escaped by accelerating toward the speed of light.

darthgoober
Originally posted by iceman24567
False because he did go beyond light speed it.
When was he clocked at FTL speeds?

xJLxKing
Yes. They escaped by accelerating toward the speed of light.
I never saw them escape. He was going for DS.

iceman24567
When was he clocked at FTL speeds? I posted the scans he breached the sigularity as did the Flashes that = flt

darthgoober
I posted the scans he breached the sigularity as did the Flashes that = flt
Or it equals an abstract concept of death that can fly, turn intagible, and "always gets his man" not being affected by the gravity, or a writer just not thinking things through. You're using conjecture to prove that he CAN go FTL when it was outright STATED that he couldn't. It's not a very strong case for you...

iceman24567
Or it equals an abstract concept of death that can fly not being affected by gravity, or a writer just not thinking things through. You're using conjecture to prove that he CAN go FTL when it was outright STATED that he couldn't. It's not a very strong case for you... Yeah ok goober the scan speaks for it's self Barry states they were running faster than they ever had and Wally says he's still gaining then they ALL breach the singularity it's right there on panel. I guess my case is weak if you want to ignore all of what was said and done on panel but whatever your just as stubborn as me erm

KuRuPT Thanosi
Or it equals an abstract concept of death that can fly, turn intagible, and "always gets his man" not being affected by the gravity, or a writer just not thinking things through. You're using conjecture to prove that he CAN go FTL when it was outright STATED that he couldn't. It's not a very strong case for you...

This is often true...

iceman24567
Except Wally and Barry gave us "the readers" the impression that they were moving FTL no expression

Galan007
Black Racer, ftw.

As far as I'm aware, there's no evidence that Runner is capable of breaching time itself, and running to a point in time where everything (in the literal sense) ceases to exist. That said, what the hell is Runner going to do? Because he certainly won't be replicating Wally's feat.

Here's another little 'Flash Fact' for ya: It was stated that BF/BR's mere presence in 'our' dimension completely mucks with time itself. Thus, anyone who isn't well adept with the speed force, slows to an absolute stop.

Also, it certainly seems to me like the Flashs'/BR/BF were moving at superluminal speeds:

http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1594828_br1.jpg

darthgoober
Yeah ok goober the scan speaks for it's self Barry states they were running faster than they ever had and Wally says he's still gaining then they ALL breach the singularity it's right there on panel. I guess my case is weak if you want to ignore all of what was said and done on panel but whatever your just as stubborn as me erm
I'm not making any claims in regards to Black Racer/Flash's speed, I've already pointed out that I haven't even read the issue yet. I answered why it was up for debate and you said that I was wrong. I asked when he was clocked at FTL speeds and you gave what you interpreted as evidence that PROVED I was wrong(which is funny because all I did was answer as to what everyone else was debating) so I gave a couple of other potential scenarios.

As far as I'm concerned, one way or another you're disregarding what's been portrayed as being canon. Feel free to disregard whichever writer you want depending on your own personal taste and opinion, but saying that people are outright "lying", "wrong", or "unreasonable" just because they've chosen to acknowledge the work of another writer from the same damn arc seems more than a little arrogant no matter WHICH side you agree with.

Mindset
Originally posted by Galan007

Also, it certainly seems to me like the Flashs'/BR/BF were moving at superluminal speeds:

http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1594828_br1.jpg They say they have to reach superluminal speeds, which means they are at max, lightspeed in the scan, and BR is going slower than that.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
They say they have to reach superluminal speeds, which means they are at max, lightspeed in the scan, and BR is going slower than that. The Flashs' had to reach superluminal speeds to accomplish their goal. They accomplished their goal. They were going superluminal. Black Racer's daggers were nearly touching them in the fourth panel. He was going superluinal as well. End of story.

ermmhappy

Enyalus
The Flashs' had to reach superluminal speeds to accomplish their goal. They accomplished their goal. They were going superluminal. Black Racer's daggers were nearly touching them in the fourth panel. He was going superluinal as well. End of story.

ermmhappy

Darkseid's beams were nearly touching them, too. Supes outmanuevers them easily. Does Supes' speed = Flashes tapping the Speed Force to the limit?

Juntai
Black Racer, ftw.

As far as I'm aware, there's no evidence that Runner is capable of breaching time itself, and running to a point in time where everything (in the literal sense) ceases to exist. That said, what the hell is Runner going to do? Because he certainly won't be replicating Wally's feat.

Here's another little 'Flash Fact' for ya: It was stated that BF/BR's mere presence in 'our' dimension completely mucks with time itself. Thus, anyone who isn't well adept with the speed force, slows to an absolute stop.

http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1594828_br1.jpg thumb up

Juntai
You avoided what I said though Juntai... Don't superman's feats surpass that of Odin, Galactus, & Tiamut etc etc? So, does that mean he beats them in a fight using that same logic you tried to use here? Just because somebody has more feats doesn't mean they win a vs. battle which I have just proven here. If you're going to suggest that a character is faster than Flash, or stronger than Hulk. You need evidence to back up this notion.

Enyalus
If you're going to suggest that a character is faster than Flash, or stronger than Hulk. You need evidence to back up this notion.
Runner crossed galaxies in...a few minutes' time at most when he thought Moondragon was in trouble. He didn't have the gem at this time.

The scan is in his respect thread...But, I didn't want to be TP-like and link you to it. sad

darthgoober
The Flashs' had to reach superluminal speeds to accomplish their goal. They accomplished their goal. They were going superluminal. Black Racer's daggers were nearly touching them in the fourth panel. He was going superluinal as well. End of story.

ermmhappy
Unless they lost him the moment they went superluinal. Wally's statement sounded like they hadn't quite hit their mark yet to me.

I'm not saying that's definitely the case because it could also be interpreted the other way(I refuse to take a solid stance until DC or the writer somehow clarifies the contradiction), I was just putting another POV out there.

iceman24567

ermmhappy stick out tongue thumb up

Galan007
Unless they lost him the moment they went superluinal. Wally's statement sounded like they hadn't quite hit their mark yet to me.

I'm not saying that's definitely the case because it could also be interpreted the other way(I refuse to take a solid stance until DC or the writer somehow clarifies the contradiction), I was just putting another POV out there. I understand that.

But why would it be specifically stated that the Flashs' had to reach superluminal speeds for their goal to be accomplished, if superluminal speeds aren't what was reached when said goal was carried out?

Mindset
I understand that.

But why would it be specifically stated that the Flashs' had to reach superluminal speeds for their goal to be accomplished, if superluminal speeds aren't what was reached when said goal was carried out? So they were going 1 mph faster than lightspeed and BR was going 1 mph slower than lightspeed. smile

iceman24567
So they were going 1 mph faster than lightspeed and BR was going 1 mph slower than lightspeed. smile laughing out loud

Galan007
So they were going 1 mph faster than lightspeed and BR was going 1 mph slower than lightspeed. smile g_twitch

D_Dude1210
Surely there has to be a better scan that shows that the Flashes can go superluminal than this. It wasn't stated on-panel in this scan that they went faster than light at all.

iceman24567
Surely there has to be a better scan that shows that the Flashes can go superluminal than this. It wasn't stated on-panel in this scan that they went faster than light at all. To breach the singularity Darkseid was in they had to go beyond light speed that was stated on panel they even phazed right threw his gay ass laughing

D_Dude1210
To breach the singularity Darkseid was in they had to go beyond light speed that was stated on panel they even phazed right threw his gay ass laughing

Well, to ppl who haven't read this issue, all it shows is DS shooting a gun, them running past Superman and DS being scared of some entity in the end. Would be nice if more pages were shown (or at least a link to them) so that those who haven't read the issue could see that 1) there was a singularity involved. 2) They were able to achieve w/e goal it was that needed them to go superluminal.

Enyalus
they had to go right through his gay ass laughing

And DS loved every second of it.

iceman24567
Well, to ppl who haven't read this issue, all it shows is DS shooting a gun, them running past Superman and DS being scared of some entity in the end. Would be nice if more pages were shown (or at least a link to them) so that those who haven't read the issue could see that 1) there was a singularity involved. 2) They were able to achieve w/e goal it was that needed them to go superluminal. I'm away from my comics i only have few scans on my photobucket account you can wait 3 days i could show you eek!

D_Dude1210
I'm away from my comics i only have few scans on my photobucket account you can wait 3 days i could show you eek!

3 days??? Boooo! I don't think this thread would still be here in 3 days. stick out tongue

kgkg
Go support DC comics by buying it!

D_Dude1210
Bah! My budget only covers Marvel comics! I've got enough pricey hobbies alrdy. stick out tongue

Enyalus
Go support DC comics by buying it!
I wouldn't own Final Crisis if they paid me.

That's how badly it sucked.

xJLxKing
Final Crisis was nice. The drawing, the story. It was confusing, but I liked it. Especially FC:Revelation

Enyalus
Final Crisis was nice. The drawing, the story. It was confusing, but I liked it. Especially FC:Revelation
FC: Revelation was a tie-in. Like Superman Beyond. And a lot of the tie-ins were great. The main 7 issue storyline though? Blowtastic. And its not because, "oh no, Eny, you just didn't understand Morrison's complexity and the metafiction!!" And to anyone holding that opinion, I say piss off. I understood it just fine. If I can read and understand Aristotle's Metaphysics in Greek and write 30-page arguments against Locke's "I Know Not What," then I think I'm perfectly qualified for comprehending a freakin' comic book.

Which I did. And it sucked.

Mindset
I think you just didn't understand it, bro.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/custom_avatars/avatar83719_3.gif

kgkg
I wouldn't own Final Crisis if they paid me.

That's how badly it sucked. People have mixed feelings about it.

I found it OK.

I just don't understand those calling it the "best arc in decades" wink

Enyalus
I think you just didn't understand it, bro.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/custom_avatars/avatar83719_3.gif
*sigh*

Ya got me...didn't want to admit it. Bruised ego and all.

xJLxKing
FC: Revelation was a tie-in. Like Superman Beyond. And a lot of the tie-ins were great. The main 7 issue storyline though? Blowtastic. And its not because, "oh no, Eny, you just didn't understand Morrison's complexity and the metafiction!!" And to anyone holding that opinion, I say piss off. I understood it just fine. If I can read and understand Aristotle's Metaphysics in Greek and write 30-page arguments against Locke's "I Know Not What," then I think I'm perfectly qualified for comprehending a freakin' comic book.

Which I did. And it sucked.
Well they they were Ties in and like you said most of them were good. I didn't know about the ties in the first time I read the FC and it was so confusing.

Any ways, we all have our opinions but personally I liked FC: 3, 6, and 7. They were good. The drawing, story..etc was nice in all of them but 3 6 & 7 are where the story picked up.

Mindset
I liked the artwork, that's about it.

But I must not have understood it, only explanation.

kgkg
Surely there has to be a better scan that shows that the Flashes can go superluminal than this. It wasn't stated on-panel in this scan that they went faster than light at all. Some flash ie Wally can and have gone FTL. The debate was if BC could , he has shown in the fast that he could as well.

Even if he could go over FTL doesn't mean they are faster than the Runner.

quanchi112
It does if he is unable to do those feat than he can no longer achieve those speed.

It's been many years since flash have shown with speed limitation some as low as Gorilla Grodd mind being faster than Wally smile thumb up

quanchi112
Darkseid's beams were nearly touching them, too. Supes outmanuevers them easily. Does Supes' speed = Flashes tapping the Speed Force to the limit? Inconsistencies happen in comics all the time. That's the trouble with going from what someone is capable of in one story to the next.

Flash isn't as fast as he once was. Runner is faster than the flash is currently. That may change in the future, but as it stands now the Runner is the faster of the two.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.