RIP Kurt Cobain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LDHZenkai
4/08/94 The day Kurt Cobain was found dead (coroner says he actually died on the 5th). 15 years later is Nirvana still an influence in your life? I still find solace in their lyrics and meaning.
RIP Kurt

jaden101
Can't say I was ever a huge fan. I can appreciate a few tunes but I've always thought they overshadowed a lot of more deserving and more talented bands of the grunge scene. Alice in Chains, Mudhoney, Soundgarden for example.

I wonder how Kurt would relate now though. I sometimes think it's a blessing in disguise when artists that hit such a cultural nerve that is specific to a time period, that they die in that time period. I don't think anyone would've wanted to see Kurt go on to make boring and irrelevant music while still trying to speak to a young and socially displaced audience when he was 45 years old.

Mairuzu
wrong place right time?

BruceSkywalker
He could sing

Ultimate Wil
Never saw the thrill for Kurt Cobain. Some songs were alright, nothing I would ever buy.

RIP Kurt, you rocked on the guitar though.

Mezark
oh...i thought he died again, phew.

Impediment
Great band, great singer, and great writer.

Highly overrated, though, in my opinion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.