Verbinksi Abandons Pirates Ship

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tramps Lady

Jaeh.is.Awesome
eh? due to start shooting only next year?

not to be a "nudge" (heh), but, postpone everything more and soon there would be no fans left to wait for the movie.

OH SNAP GORE JUST SAID BUH-BYE.

Think we'll all be doomed? *frowns*

I thought he did a great job... I wonder who they'd get to replace the guy...

willofthewisp
I'm pretty nervous about this upcoming movie. I don't know. I just don't think it's going to be any good. Jack and Barbossa are great characters and Johnny and Geoffrey really give it their all, but I think they need the whole ensemble for an entire movie to work. Don't you agree we love them best when they're interacting with the other characters we love? Now with Gore leaving, and Gore had a pretty detailed vision of what he wanted, I'm not sure this fourth movie is going to be in the same spirit as the first two or even the third one. Hollywood's forgotten it's best to quit when you're ahead.

ToddianGirl
Originally posted by willofthewisp
I'm pretty nervous about this upcoming movie. I don't know. I just don't think it's going to be any good. Jack and Barbossa are great characters and Johnny and Geoffrey really give it their all, but I think they need the whole ensemble for an entire movie to work. Don't you agree we love them best when they're interacting with the other characters we love? Now with Gore leaving, and Gore had a pretty detailed vision of what he wanted, I'm not sure this fourth movie is going to be in the same spirit as the first two or even the third one. Hollywood's forgotten it's best to quit when you're ahead.

You and me both Wilo I'm scared very scared. To Johnny: GET OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and save yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by ToddianGirl
You and me both Wilo I'm scared very scared. To Johnny: GET OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and save yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*agrees*

To Jerry B.: Abandon it. Don't wreck it for yourselves like you kinda sorta did it for us... besides, you don't want this to be a flop, right?

Bwa Ha Ha
EPIC FAIL.

No, seriously.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
hm.

think we still have hope?

Tramps Lady
see...

I'm actually looking quite forward to seeing how it will turn out, because i love the series.

But we all love the whole cast from the previous movies, even us sparrabeth shippers love orlando and his portrayal of will...or I do anyway.

So I am looking really forward to this movie, as I cried watching the trailer to the 3rd movie, coz i realised that the franchise is over, but i screamed when i saw they were making a 4th movie.

Although, i think this may not be the best of things, not only are some of the cast that we love not in the movie, but one of our favourite directors is no longer directing.

So...I'm kinda in the middle....

Bwa Ha Ha
It depends who takes over.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
I wanna know who takes over.

ibd4eva
Well, if johnny is it, its gonna be amazing.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
yeah, but its still a matter of who directs. Jerry+Johnny is still a formidable team, but I can't help but worry... director is a very important spot...

Bwa Ha Ha
So true.

willofthewisp
Originally posted by ibd4eva
Well, if johnny is it, its gonna be amazing.

I wish I had your faith. There are less than a handful of movies with Johnny that I find repugnant and you just can't get me to watch them. But as Jack? Of course I'll go see him as Jack. I'm crazy-in-love with Jack. But as for story and quality and development, I'm really nervous. I'm like what someone mentioned earlier: I need the rest of the cast (even Will) there. Do we know if T&T are going to write it on their own? What if Steven Spielberg or someone like that takes over and the movie loses all the darkness and pirate-ness of the first three? I'm still nervous.

Bwa Ha Ha
LMAO

POTC: Attack of Jaws

willofthewisp
LMAO! That would be priceless.

POTC 4: Gibbs Phones Home

(Gibbs and Jack are on the Pearl sharpening swords when Jack cuts himself by accident)

Jack: Ouch!

Gibbs: (finger lights up and touches Jack's cut) Ooooouuuuuccccchhhh.

Bwa Ha Ha
ROFL

POTC: The Lost World

Will: Aww, look at the cute lil'....

*Dino chomps off Will's hand*

Jaeh.is.Awesome
laughing out loud

Bwa Ha Ha
big grin

People should do more of these!

willofthewisp
POTC 4: Raiders of the Lost Treasure

Just imagine it, Jack with a whip. That in itself will draw a huge crowd of screaming fangirls. Look out for the giant stone ball that could crush you, Jack! Whew, he's okay!

Bwa Ha Ha
POTC: The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Jack: Ummm. It's a skull.

*does his disgusted-tongue out face*

Jaeh.is.Awesome
laughing

I'm not good at this, but I'm reading you guys.. *grin*

Bwa Ha Ha
But then why are you dying of boredom?

confused

willofthewisp
Yes. I don't think Jack would go in for those extra-terrestrial historical findings. Just not shiny enough.

POTC 4: Saving Private Lizzie

Elizabeth: I told you (runs her sword into a goon)! I don't need saving!

Jack: (observes dead goon) Point taken.

Bwa Ha Ha
POTC: Pirate Park

Will: ROAR!

Jack: Shut up, you're hardly intimidating.

Tramps Lady
POTC: Behind Pirate Lines

Will: I wanna blow stuff up!!!

Jack: Shut up and find our radios....

POTC: Lizzie's Pirates

Liz: Good Morning Pirates

Jack, Barbossa: Good morning Lizzie

Bwa Ha Ha
LOL

New siggy! What of Mutt?

ToddianGirl
POTC: Jurassic Park

Mr. Gibbs: Aye the scence of Chaos!

Will: Huh?

Mr. Gibbs: Chaos Theory lad!

Will: What's that?

Mr Gibbs: Describes the behavior of certain dynamical systems that is, systems whose states evolve with time – that may exhibit dynamics that are highly sensitive to initial conditions (popularly referred to as the butterfly effect). As a result of this sensitivity, which manifests itself as an exponential growth of perturbations in the initial conditions, the behavior of chaotic systems appears to be random. This happens even though these systems are deterministic, meaning that their future dynamics are fully defined by their initial conditions, with no random elements involved. This behavior is known as deterministic chaos, or simply chaos. Chaotic behavior is also observed in natural systems, such as the weather. This may be explained by a chaos-theoretical analysis of a mathematical model of such a system, embodying the laws of physics that are relevant for the natural system.

Will: I still don't get it. Hey look! Come here little fella
Jack: Huh Will don't!
Will: Come on Jack it's harmless.(The Dilophosaurus spits his deadly venom into Will's face. He freaks out) I"m Blind! OH GOD I'M BLIND NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!I'm gonna die(Starts to cry) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'll never be able to see again!!!! I can't feel my legs my whole body is numb I'm gonna die!!!!!

Barboss(Rolls his eyes at Will): See what happends when you don't listen!

Jack: You think he'll be all right?

Mr.Gibbs: I doubt it

Little Will: Mum what's wrong with dad? why he is rolling on the ground screaming and crying?

Lizzie: This is a good lessson son this is the perfect example of someone who doesn't follow directions and doesn't listen.

Little Will: Oh okay

Lizzie: Come on everyone into the Jeep!(The Group wonders how they got the money for it) Lizzie looks into camera and say's: Don't worry spared no expenses!

Tramps Lady
Originally posted by Bwa Ha Ha
LOL

New siggy! What of Mutt?

well... i just really wanted to make a Short Stack onesmile

POTC: Mr and Mrs Pirate.

Jack: You're a pirate!?

Liz: *nods* better yet... YOU'RE a pirate?

Jack: Then I must kill you

Bwa Ha Ha
LOL Totally reminded me of that scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

"Well, I.... I am a knight of the round table."

"YOU'RE a knight of the ROUND TABLE?!?"

"I am."

"In that case, I shall have to kill you."

willofthewisp
Originally posted by ToddianGirl
POTC: Jurassic Park

Mr. Gibbs: Aye the scence of Chaos!

Will: Huh?

Mr. Gibbs: Chaos Theory lad!

Will: What's that?

Mr Gibbs: Describes the behavior of certain dynamical systems that is, systems whose states evolve with time – that may exhibit dynamics that are highly sensitive to initial conditions (popularly referred to as the butterfly effect). As a result of this sensitivity, which manifests itself as an exponential growth of perturbations in the initial conditions, the behavior of chaotic systems appears to be random. This happens even though these systems are deterministic, meaning that their future dynamics are fully defined by their initial conditions, with no random elements involved. This behavior is known as deterministic chaos, or simply chaos. Chaotic behavior is also observed in natural systems, such as the weather. This may be explained by a chaos-theoretical analysis of a mathematical model of such a system, embodying the laws of physics that are relevant for the natural system.

Will: I still don't get it. Hey look! Come here little fella
Jack: Huh Will don't!
Will: Come on Jack it's harmless.(The Dilophosaurus spits his deadly venom into Will's face. He freaks out) I"m Blind! OH GOD I'M BLIND NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!I'm gonna die(Starts to cry) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'll never be able to see again!!!! I can't feel my legs my whole body is numb I'm gonna die!!!!!

Barboss(Rolls his eyes at Will): See what happends when you don't listen!

Jack: You think he'll be all right?

Mr.Gibbs: I doubt it

Little Will: Mum what's wrong with dad? why he is rolling on the ground screaming and crying?

Lizzie: This is a good lessson son this is the perfect example of someone who doesn't follow directions and doesn't listen.

Little Will: Oh okay

Lizzie: Come on everyone into the Jeep!(The Group wonders how they got the money for it) Lizzie looks into camera and say's: Don't worry spared no expenses!

ROTFWL! LMAO! That was too hilarious. You even included "spared no expense!" Spot-on, my dear!

Jaeh.is.Awesome
But then why are you dying of boredom?

confused

...I don't know, at least I think I'm dying... *points to the vultures flying in circles above her*

Tramps Lady
LOL Totally reminded me of that scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

"Well, I.... I am a knight of the round table."

"YOU'RE a knight of the ROUND TABLE?!?"

"I am."

"In that case, I shall have to kill you."

lmfao i love that moviesmile

POTC: And the raiders of the black pearl

Pirates attack the dauntless

Governor Swann: Pirates...why'd it have to be pirates

POTC: The Isla Cruces Chronicals

Barbossa: This time Jack, let me kill Davy Jones' ghost...

Jack: But you have to be mean when you do it...

Barbossa: You're toast has been burnt...and no amount of scraping will remove the black parts..

Jack: I never thought there would be a time where I'd actually miss Will...but here it is...

(sorry...only Bwa would know what I'm talking about in that one) :P

Bwa Ha Ha
Jaeh: Oh, dear. Be they biting your head at all? (Shanghai Noon reference)

Tramp: EPICNESS! Ooh, ohh! How 'bout this?

POTC: Piratstruction

*Kraken is about to sink the Pearl after Jack has been left alone on it*

Jack: *holds up machine gun turret* Hi. Remember me?

W00t for Wash awesomness!

Tramps Lady
lmao i love itsmile

POTC: Blues Pirates

Will: What are you doing here?

Jack: We're on a mission from god

willofthewisp
Of course, you could go the psycho route and have Quentin Tarrantino direct the next POTC.

POTC 4: Resevoir Pirates

(There is no plot, just blood and great 70s rock)

Bwa Ha Ha
OOH! OOH!

POTC: Kill Will

Everyone: Die, Will, die.

Will: EEEEEEEEEEE! *runs off screaming*

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Kill will stick out tongue I LIKE THAT laughing out loud

...hm. anyone got one for Tim Burton? stick out tongue

Bwa Ha Ha
OOOH!

POTC: The Nightmare Before World's End

Jack: Hi, skeleton.

Jack: Hi, pirate.

willofthewisp
POTC4: Edward Compass-hands

Jack: (wakes up to find he has compasses for hands) Oy! Mr. Gibbs! Mr. Gibbs!

Gibbs: (runs into the room) What?

(Jack shows him)

Gibbs: That is a pickle, cap'n. At least they both point to what you want most!

Jack: That's not funny! (one hand points to Liz, the other to a bottle of rum) Although now I can want two things at once. (sits back and enjoys his new ability, then looks at the audience) What are you still here for? Didn't you hear? Everyone's satisfied. Go home!

Bwa Ha Ha
LOL Yay!

Bwa Ha Ha
....?

siriuswriter
i think that we should all abandon the ship of sailboat potc 4.

what could the story possibly be? they can't do a post-AWE, because if they try to replace keira or orlando.... blech. the only time you should recast a character is a ) if the actor is dead or b ) you're in the james bond series.

neither of which is true. potc through awe was a complete trilogy. there was just enough mystery in the ending that left fans to speculate WHAT WOULD COME NEXT??

but awe was so satisfying. the big bad villain was awesomely gotten rid of, davy jones redeemed himself calypso was released, will and elizabeth are married [but it wouldn't be pirates if they went off to live in a shack happily ever after, especially because will would HAVE to be sick and tired of moving around by sea.

jack will always be jack. we can always imagine him and take him to the fountain of youth in fanfics.

but once all the originals are gone... it should be gone, and remembered fondly rather than have a second class film with johnny trying to carry the weight of an entire blockbuster failure.

augh. leave it alone. leave us to our imaginations and memory.

Bwa Ha Ha
Oooh! Your avvy and siggy! I want to see that movie so bad!

*anxiously awaits*

And I agree with your point of view.

siriuswriter
^ omg! that movie = tons o' fun. i can't wait. then i found that hi-res picture of the hatter and everything was so BRIGHT and in all different colors bright. so i had my personal siggy maker do it and it's brilliant!

*takes quick breath*

yaeh, i think that's the best way too. like i said, awe wrapped everything up, but pirates can't have every string brought together because that isn't 'teh style.' it's the kind of movie style htat have the cast/crew wanting you to think about it more. they provided a very fertile start... and you can be sure that that bruckheimer, depp, bloom, knightley, verbinski... were happy to be such a very large part of a film that opened up a new bubble of imagination in everyone that would see it.

and i like that, way, way much.

Bwa Ha Ha
My local movie theater's already advertising it!

Yes, it was good while it lasted, but now it's just.... done with.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Of course, you could go the psycho route and have Quentin Tarrantino direct the next POTC.

POTC 4: Resevoir Pirates

(There is no plot, just blood and great 70s rock)

and one of her majesty's royal sea-men loses an ear.

except that's more of a welcoming gesture than a maniacal one since most pirates are missing body parts. like larry, the guy missing a leg, an eye, and an arm.
and one-eye, and peg-leg, and all them.

Bwa Ha Ha
eek!

I forgot about Larry!

Tramps Lady
LARRY!!! Hhaha

Bwa Ha Ha
YAY LARRY!

Tramps Lady
ily larry :P

Bwa Ha Ha
XD This one person at my bank's called Larry....

Tramps Lady
hahaha. Thats cool :P

Bwa Ha Ha
He kinda looks like Santa without the beard.

Tramps Lady
haha. thats kinda like one of the teachers at my school XD

Bwa Ha Ha
LOL I have a teacher that looks like the typical 'boring person'. But they're not.

Tramps Lady
haha. how random.... but thats what i love about you XD

Bwa Ha Ha
big grin
I love you too.... For your.... Non-randomness?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.