Doc Holliday (Tombstone) vs. Ben Wade (3:10 to Yuma)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

six6six
-Both were very fast gun slingers. Doc took out Ringo no prob and Ringo was supposed to be real fast. On the other hand though, Ben Wade was not only fast, but accurate. He one shotted almost all that he killed. So, is Doc's speed too much for Ben Wade or does Doc fall to "The Hand of God"?

Mairuzu
Doc ill or doc normal? stick out tongue

six6six
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Doc ill or doc normal? stick out tongue

Good question. Just for rules sake, I'll go with sick Doc, only because thats how he is portrayed in the movie. We can only "guess" at how more bad ass he was when he was actually healthy.

BruceSkywalker
Which Ben Wade? Glenn Ford or Russell Crowe?

six6six
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Which Ben Wade? Glenn Ford or Russell Crowe?

Crowe

jinXed by JaNx
I'm your Huckleberry.

Rogue Jedi
Ben Wade.

Robtard
The Lunger performed while being half-dead, Wade goes down.

Rogue Jedi
Hand of God, nuff said.

Robtard
Lunger's still faster, when he killed Ringo, it was The Fist OF GOD.

Rogue Jedi
Ben Wade has a cooler hat.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Ben Wade has a cooler hat.

Yes, because that's a completely logical train of thought for a versus thread. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I say Doc takes this, but it won't be easy.

Impediment
Doc takes this, since Val Kilmer is a better actor.

LDHZenkai
Doc wins. He's fast, accurate, and has no fear.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
Doc takes this, since Val Kilmer is a better actor.

I disagree, kind sir, Wade wins because Crowe throws a camera at him big grin

Rogue Jedi
Wade was fast enough to gun down his whole crew, people.

XanatosForever

And in his past life, he defeated an Emperor of Rome...oh wait, that doesn't count here. Sorry. big grin

Sadako of Girth
Im not familiar with Mr.Wade's activities, but totally applaud the originality of a Doc Holliday thread.

Menetnashté
Depends I think, a lot on distance. Holiday didn't seem to be as good from distance. And we don't know how fast Wade can draw his gun. He can shoot crazy fast but it doesn't matter if he can't draw fast. If it's up close I'll give it to Doc, because he can draw fast and he pretty much shot Ringo from the hip if I remember correctly. Distance I give it to Wade, he's crazy accurate and a fast shooter, Holiday won't be able to headshot from the hip as he did at the end of Tombstone.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Im not familiar with Mr.Wade's activities, but totally applaud the originality of a Doc Holliday thread. Try this on:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=504275

jinXed by JaNx

yeah, and Doc is very ill. Although, that might be a testament to Docs' skill. Even though he is terminally ill he is still a dead eye. There were times when he was struggling to stand from drunkness and illness but he was still a crack shot.

Sadako of Girth
Does it come in "NON nuthugging" vid format, or just that one...?

Robtard
Consider the source, good sir.

Rogue Jedi
Maybe you two should invest in counseling, help you get over McClane's hairy nuts.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
yeah, and Doc is very ill. Although, that might be a testament to Docs' skill. Even though he is terminally ill he is still a dead eye. There were times when he was struggling to stand from drunkness and illness but he was still a crack shot.
He wasn't at his best during the OK Corral though, I guess it was distance, but he was working the hell out of that hammer to kill the one guy.

Sadako of Girth
Maybe you two should invest in counseling, help you get over McClane's hairy nuts.

We all live on McClane left testi.

We just call it "Earth".

Maybe you should have some therapy for help with your divergent reality problems. And for the repeated truama of having your arguments destroyed one by one over a long period time by so many people. stick out tongue
For bottom soreness of those, epic, epic proportions may take a while to recover from, according to Ned Beatty in Deliverance/Riggs. wink

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Robtard
Consider the source, good sir.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh yes. Most consistant with form, Indeed.. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, Doc was in pretty bad shape at the OK Corral.

Sadako of Girth
But he was still a lead farmer.

Robtard
Yeah, Doc was in pretty bad shape at the OK Corral.

He was also in really bad shape when he took out Ringo with that super-fast shooting from the hip.

Considering they're both great shots, this showdown would come down to who can draw and shoot first, Doc does his killing from the hip, ergo. Wage takes one in the center of his forehead.

Robtard, out.

Rogue Jedi
He was also in really bad shape when he took out Ringo with that super-fast shooting from the hip.

Considering they're both great shots, this showdown would come down to who can draw and shoot first, Doc does his killing from the hip, ergo. Wage takes one in the center of his forehead.

Robtard, out. I meant he was hung over and shit, at least it appeared that way. He was just as sick in both scenes.

Sadako of Girth
Hangovers never keep a true warrior from killing: It is McClane's way.

And it is Holliday's way too, evidently.

Rogue Jedi
Too bad this isnt a McClane thread.

Sadako of Girth
What do you care? Its didnt stop you dissing McClane in the Riggs/Deliverance thread, did it...?

Rogue Jedi
I suppose McClane would beat Wade, Holliday and Ringo in a quick draw then?

jinXed by JaNx
I don't know. As a full fledged McClane nutter i'm not sure if McClane could take Wade. As long as McClane were kept to using a respective period gun.

Rogue Jedi
McClane's hand would never reach his gun.

Sadako of Girth
Ahhhhh but his opponent wont have seen Die Hard, so the old "pretend you're surrendering, whilst concealing the duct-taped gun" trick would most likely do. Leaving McClane being able to say "Yippeekiiyay Motherf***er" to Wade with that extra little bit of authenticity.

As for against Doc.. Well, lets just say that McClane'll be a better cure for that TB than whatever Doc has in mind.

Rogue Jedi
On a side note, and I know I shouldn't say this, we see Riggs doing a quick draw and firing from the waist....................................

Sadako of Girth
We see McClane shoot people from round corners without even being able to see round them.

And we saw he take out a power cable from 30 yards with an old snub pistol.

Rogue Jedi
I was talking about a quick draw and firing from the waist, as gunfighters did back then.

Robtard
I was talking about a quick draw and firing from the waist, as gunfighters did back then.

And Ringo did that lightning-fast as compared to Wade, so not sure why you were going on about with that 'handjob of God' business before.

Rogue Jedi
Actually I was saying Riggs is a faster draw than McClane, thats all.

Sadako of Girth
Dunno about that....

"Faster" would be a strong word.

"More effeminately" maybe. shifty

stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Faster yes

Sadako of Girth
Girlier. smile

McClane is routinely shown being a quickdrawer.

Rogue Jedi
Hey, if it gets the job done.

Speaking of girly, pretty girly to flee a h2h battle and come back with an SUV.

Sadako of Girth
No. Driving up angrily in a car is a manly thing.
When McClane shows his road rage, bitches die.
End of. smile

And is in no way as limp wristed as limpwristedly pulling a chain for a shipping container to come in and kill the man who has just beaten you in H2H..

Robtard
Actually I was saying Riggs is a faster draw than McClane, thats all.

You also mentioned 'firing from the hip, as gunfigthers did back then', which nets you a profit of win, and Doc is clearly shown doing at Spiderman-like quickness, which is about two notches higher than Redi reflexes.

Sadako of Girth
Slim "The Kid" Jim from Blazing Saddles'd whip both their asses.

Robtard
Aye, as he's killed more people than Cecil B. DeMille.

Sadako of Girth
laughing

six6six
Slim "The Kid" Jim from Blazing Saddles'd whip both their asses.

What about Ned Nederlander from 3 Amigos? He was pretty fast too. laughing out loud

Sadako of Girth
He'd whip both Doc and Wade, but he'd most likely lose to Jim.

Rogue Jedi
You also mentioned 'firing from the hip, as gunfigthers did back then', which nets you a profit of win, and Doc is clearly shown doing at Spiderman-like quickness, which is about two notches higher than Redi reflexes. Redi?

Robtard
Redi?

Meant Jedi.

Sadako of Girth
Redi?

Yeah. Similar to the Jedi onscreen in the SW movies we are all familiar with..... but only with the powers you say they have. laughing

Rogue Jedi
Yeah. Similar to the Jedi onscreen in the SW movies we are all familiar with..... but only with the powers you say they have. laughing I see. Funny, I only state powers we SEE them using.

Sadako of Girth
Dont be silly. You stated that that force speed could be employed at any time, despite is being employed ONCE.

And that standard Jedi speed just was so fast it just wasnt depicted that way on screen, among other things. Like simultaneous hold and sabre throw. etc

And that precog was the same as/as good as/as reliable as Spidey sense.
And wasnt it you who said that Palaptine slowed the crash rate of the half-a-ship with his force powers?

Now some of these you have sanely changed your postion on since, but you do have to admit that you were EUing the hell out of their capabilities.

Rogue Jedi
Dont be silly. You stated that that force speed could be employed at any time, despite is being employed ONCE.

And that standard Jedi speed just was so fast it just wasnt depicted that way on screen, among other things. Like simultaneous hold and sabre throw. etc

And that precog was the same as/as good as/as reliable as Spidey sense.
And wasnt it you who said that Palaptine slowed the crash rate of the half-a-ship with his force powers?

Now some of these you have sanely changed your postion on since, but you do have to admit that you were EUing the hell out of their capabilities. EUing how? I was saying that we can see them using a simple force power, so it makes sense that they can use this power at will.

Its like Spidey stopping that train. He did it once, logically he can do it again. Its not like that was a once in a lifetime feat.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah but where that analogy falls down is that Spidey SHOWED us feats of that ilk again, whereas the Jedi did the speed thing ONCE.

Rogue Jedi
Showed it again? When?

Sadako of Girth
A similar feat of strength and endurance would be enduring the pounding from Sandman that would have destroyed anything/one else.
Thats of a similar calibre, physical endurance wise..

Rogue Jedi
Well yeah, but I am talking EXACTLY what he did.

Sadako of Girth
Look. Its more in the neighborhood in the same feats dept, than the Jedi situation.

Evidence: The Jedi could have used their 'much fabled by RJ' Precog and speed to avoid blaster bolted deaths in the purge and at multiple other times, but couldnt..

And that darkside being used crap doesnt work as it was Clone troopers doing the shooting. Not Sidious.

Rogue Jedi
Dude this has already been covered.......

Sadako of Girth
It has. Yet still you say this:

I see. Funny, I only state powers we SEE them using.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.