Samurai Jack Vs Afro Samurai Vs Rorouni Kenshin Vs Jubei

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

complexbrother
Samurai Jack
http://www.homemademech.com/Uploads/Areview/1351085246939.jpg

vs

Afro Samurai
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/afro-samurai.jpg

vs

Rorouni Kenshin
http://hk.geocities.com/kentyeung1987222/RurouniKenshin/kenshin.jpg

vs

Jubei (ninja scroll)
http://quad9damage.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/jubei_flames_small.jpg

ThunderGodEneru
Samurai Jack pretty handily.

dadudemon
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Samurai Jack pretty handily.

How so? Is it the heaven sword?

I know he consistantly dodges and blocks both bullets and laser fire. Haven't the others done the bullets thing as well? And isn't Rorouni Kenshin faster than Jack?

I ask all of these things because I am not sure this is all Jack.

I've seen all of the Samurai Jack episodes.

I'm obviously a big fan of Afro Samurai.

And I've read and seen a little more than half of Rorouni Kenshin.

So, who REALLY is the best?

At first, I want to say Rorouni Kenshin. If someone can refresh my memory on Jack, then I'll probably change my mind.

Wei Phoenix
To my recollection Jack is the coolest of the four with Afro in a close second. To my recollection Afro is the most impressive but that is a shady recollection since I haven't watched Jack in a while.

LDHZenkai
Jack routinely beats up gods and robots. As well as blocks lasers and stuff. Jack wins! Should've had Mugen from Samurai Shamploo.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by dadudemon
How so? Is it the heaven sword?

I know he consistantly dodges and blocks both bullets and laser fire. Haven't the others done the bullets thing as well? And isn't Rorouni Kenshin faster than Jack?

I ask all of these things because I am not sure this is all Jack.

I've seen all of the Samurai Jack episodes.

I'm obviously a big fan of Afro Samurai.

And I've read and seen a little more than half of Rorouni Kenshin.

So, who REALLY is the best?

At first, I want to say Rorouni Kenshin. If someone can refresh my memory on Jack, then I'll probably change my mind. Samurai Jack with one hand wielding his sword effortlessly deflects gatling gun fire. Rurouni Kenshin stands still in comparison to Jack. Jack has killed all the mercenaries in a bar without even seeming to leave his seat. He

Jack has actually survived orbital re-entry.

Jack is much stronger than anyone here. When a 700 ton Sumo forced himself on top of Jack, Jack while under his weight was able to move the Sumo and escape from under him.

Jack's sword will cut through anyone else here's sword as well, pretty handily.

Jack can take on all of his opponents at the same time.

Although just so you know, Afro Samurai is actually superior to Kenshin.

dadudemon
Samurai Jack with one hand wielding his sword effortlessly deflects gatling gun fire. Rurouni Kenshin stands still in comparison to Jack. Jack has killed all the mercenaries in a bar without even seeming to leave his seat. He

Jack has actually survived orbital re-entry.

Jack is much stronger than anyone here. When a 700 ton Sumo forced himself on top of Jack, Jack while under his weight was able to move the Sumo and escape from under him.

Jack's sword will cut through anyone else here's sword as well, pretty handily.

Jack can take on all of his opponents at the same time.

Although just so you know, Afro Samurai is actually superior to Kenshin.

It's coming back to me now.

The world's top mercenaries tried to kill jack. Each of them were far and away from peak human.

He killed them all, despite a trap, in less time than it took for a drop of water to fall from an ice stalicite to the ground.

ThunderGodEneru
It's coming back to me now.

The world's top mercenaries tried to kill jack. Each of them were far and away from peak human.

He killed them all, despite a trap, in less time than it took for a drop of water to fall from an ice stalicite to the ground. Also, he has routinely killed large groups of enemies before they could so much as move or fire their weapons.

XanatosForever
The Jack-of-all-trades Samurai wins this in a massive stomp. I'm a big fan of Kenshin, and I've heard good things from Afro (still haven't been able to see it). Jubei is a mystery, but I doubt he has anything on Jack.

ThunderGodEneru
Afro has some good feats, do not get me wrong, such as slashing a bullet in half so it hits two guys behind him, lightly tapping a large(like friggin eight-nine feet and maybe 500-600 pounds of muscle) man and sending him through a wall roughly twenty feet behind him, and more I can't really remember.

shiv
Also Demongo Harvested the Essence of the Most Vicious warriors to ever walk the field of battle. They were Numberless.
Demongo reincarnated them in a canyon
They Had one purpose. To kill The Samurai.
Jack was Alone.

When the souls were shown inside demongo they were like stars in the night.

Jack Stalemated an Army. They couldn't kill him. They couldn't be killed permanantly. It was one hell of a fight. The Samurai proved that day that he is a combat + strategic genius without Equal. He cheated death long enough to make a grab for the essence of a fallen warrior and was funnelled into Demongo's chest cavity where he wielded his magic sword to sever the spells binding the spirits of the Warriors to set them Free.

"The Samurai" wink

XanatosForever
Originally posted by shiv
Also Demongo Harvested the Essence of the Most Vicious warriors to ever walk the field of battle. They were Numberless.
Demongo reincarnated them in a canyon
They Had one purpose. To kill The Samurai.
Jack was Alone.

When the souls were shown inside demongo they were like stars in the night.

Jack Stalemated an Army. They couldn't kill him. They couldn't be killed permanantly. It was one hell of a fight. The Samurai proved that day that he is a combat + strategic genius without Equal. He cheated death long enough to make a grab for the essence of a fallen warrior and was funnelled into Demongo's chest cavity where he wielded his magic sword to sever the spells binding the spirits of the Warriors to set them Free.

"The Samurai" wink

Man, that was such a kick ass episode. big grin

XanatosForever
Afro has some good feats, do not get me wrong, such as slashing a bullet in half so it hits two guys behind him, lightly tapping a large(like friggin eight-nine feet and maybe 500-600 pounds of muscle) man and sending him through a wall roughly twenty feet behind him, and more I can't really remember.

Okay, so maybe it's not a stomp...>.> Gorramit, my fanboy is showing. embarrasment

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Okay, so maybe it's not a stomp...>.> Gorramit, my fanboy is showing. embarrasment Oh no you misunderstand.

This is a stomp. Jack could take all three at once and win nearly every time.

XanatosForever
Oh no you misunderstand.

This is a stomp. Jack could take all three at once and win nearly every time.

eek! Awesome. Happy Dance

Tyrant
Jack with little to no effort.

He consistently speedblitzes gun-toting robots, kills off archers firing hundreds of arrows at him per second , can lift sumo wrestlers that are hundreds of tons on his back while jumping hundreds of feet into the air, and can slice skyscraper-sized monsters down to size with ease.

King Kandy
Jack easily destroys the others. He is just on a different level, he killed Chronos who had reality warping powers and omniscience.

dadudemon
Originally posted by King Kandy
Jack easily destroys the others. He is just on a different level, he killed Chronos who had reality warping powers and omniscience.

HOLY SHIT!

laughing

I can't believe I forgot all of this stuff.

I really loved that show. It was uniquely fascinating and very enjoyable.

One episode of Jack is about 50 episodes of an anime.

XanatosForever
HOLY SHIT!

laughing

I can't believe I forgot all of this stuff.

I really loved that show. It was uniquely fascinating and very enjoyable.

One episode of Jack is about 50 episodes of an anime.

QFFT

Damn Tartakovsky for not ending the series. DAMN HIM! mad

ThunderGodEneru
There's actually supposed to be a movie that will come out and end the series.

leonheartmm
jack- id say he can more than take on the surfer or king thor

considering ALL their feats however, id say kenshin tops afro, even though afro seems to do them more easily.

jubei is more human than any of em

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by leonheartmm
jack- id say he can more than take on the surfer or king thor

considering ALL their feats however, id say kenshin tops afro, even though afro seems to do them more easily.

jubei is more human than any of em What makes you think Kenshin is above Afro?

First_Tsurugi06
I never before really paid much mind to too many of Jack's capabilities. I remember casual bullet deflections (on a regular consistency), soloing robo armies (also regularly), and "JUMP GOOD", but I also remember at least two occasions where, to my recollection, he was practically curbstomped (one of which was a more comical episode, though), the more serious of the two being pretty easily. I'll say that his feats have a bit of inconsistency, but his best ones still speak more for him than his shortcomings due to being more common. The only people I remember who ever really beat him tend to let him live anyway (like those hunters who were hired by Aku to kill Jack, but spared him because he was such a challenging hunt--that was a personal fave).

As for the other characters, I don't know jacksh*t about Jubei, and I haven't gotten the chance to really get involved with Afro Samurai, though I've heard good things about both the show and the character. Kenshin I like just fine, though I'm kind of cloudy on his potential.

There's actually supposed to be a movie that will come out and end the series.

That'd be Godsend.

King Kandy
I can only recall two incidents where Jack flat out lost: The hunters and the time portal guardian. The hunters was PIS in my opinion and the guardian was pretty much a martial arts god. Also he's cut through adamantium so he can and will slice through swords in this fight.

KingD19
Jack cuts there weapons to pieces, then invites them to sit down and have some tea, while he tells them of his many journeys, adventures, and eventual defeat of Aku. Showing them laughter, sorrow, and a new respect for the Samurai. ^_^

First_Tsurugi06
I can only recall two incidents where Jack flat out lost: The hunters and the time portal guardian. The hunters was PIS in my opinion and the guardian was pretty much a martial arts god. Also he's cut through adamantium so he can and will slice through swords in this fight.

I actually agree on the first account what with the arrow itself. But I don't really remember how the fight between Jack and the guard at the tims portal went down, just that Jack wasn't in what I would consider particularly good condition.

leonheartmm
What makes you think Kenshin is above Afro?

well, for one thing, hiten mitsurugi ryu is always supersonic in movement speed and even more so in slashing. kenshin and seijiro have both jumped the height of entire large waterfalls/builsings with reletive ease, seijiro even destroyed the giant guy who was as large as a building without much trouble. furthermore, kenshin has cut incoming canon balls in half, easily evaded bullets, and destroyed signifiant portions of forests with large trees simply by fighting. also, his strength and resiliance can be seen against shishio when he uses his blade as a shield while shishio is pressing down on him and the entire granite floor of the arena actually collapses under the pressure. etc etc. overall, kenshin has the higher ends feats. afro just does his feats with greater frequency and ease. plus, if kenshin were to use a real blade instead of his reverse one, hed turn into a demon.

Wei Phoenix

Jack has cut through metal from the Marvel Universe?

King Kandy
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Jack has cut through metal from the Marvel Universe?
No the Jack-verse had a material of it's own called Adamantium (or maybe it was Adamantine) that the ultra-robots were made out of. Whatever, it's a material that is far stronger than any other metal, even those of the future.

KingD19
Plus, Jack can jump good.

Actually, the only thing in the whole Jack universe that withstood his blade, and the Horse Head cutting technique, was the Scottsman's broadsword, it had magic runes, basically it was like Jacks.
And since we use the best, Doesn't that mean Jack's sword has that crazy glowing power up, and maybe the robotic arm as well?

leonheartmm
^what does it matter, he is near sky father, that alone shud destroy any competition.

KingD19
True. Plus, if he is getting beaten, he has a way to win, get his pony tail cut off, and let that frizz come out, then he becomes unbeatable, even by AKU. R.I.P MAKO

King Kandy
Originally posted by KingD19
Plus, Jack can jump good.

Actually, the only thing in the whole Jack universe that withstood his blade, and the Horse Head cutting technique, was the Scottsman's broadsword, it had magic runes, basically it was like Jacks.
And since we use the best, Doesn't that mean Jack's sword has that crazy glowing power up, and maybe the robotic arm as well?
That "crazy glowing powerup" was a permanent enhancement to his sword, it just stopped glowing is all.

ThunderGodEneru
he is near sky father He is nowhere near Skyfather. erm

leonheartmm
^aku is pretty much at classic sky father level with his feats of sorcery/reality and time manipulation etc. that makes jack at his strongest near sky father. im not hyping him up, his high end feats really are that ridiculous.

ThunderGodEneru
^aku is pretty much at classic sky father level with his feats of sorcery/reality and time manipulation etc. that makes jack at his strongest near sky father. im not hyping him up, his high end feats really are that ridiculous. Aku is nowhere near Skyfather level(I assume you are talking Odin-lite) either.

Aku's only time manipulation is time travel, his sorcery feats are nothing to a Skyfather.

Jack at best is mach 15(That is being VERY generous), low class 100, and possessing durability to enter orbit...There are Heralds with feats that completely eclipse that.

leonheartmm
^nope
nope

his sword makes him powerful like that

ThunderGodEneru
^nope
nope

his sword makes him powerful like that I notice you failed to actually address everything I said.

I accept your concession.

Although I must say, I am quite surprise to see you make not one spelling error in this post, you've improved, good for you. smile

dadudemon
I notice you failed to actually address everything I said.

I accept your concession.

Although I must say, I am quite surprise to see you make not one spelling error in this post, you've improved, good for you. smile

He jumped about with that big ol' Sumo guy, too. So that should put him over class 100, by far.

ThunderGodEneru
He jumped about with that big ol' Sumo guy, too. So that should put him over class 100, by far. Class 100 means the capacity to lift 100 tons or more.

And last I checked he only lifted him a bit while he was on top of him, and crawled from under him.

That is still low class 100.

High class 100 would be characters like Superman. Jack is not a 100th as physically powerful as Superman. And Superman is not near Skyfather either. Can Jack take Superman?

dadudemon
Class 100 means the capacity to lift 100 tons or more.

And last I checked he only lifted him a bit while he was on top of him, and crawled from under him.

High class 100 would be characters like Superman. Jack is not a 100th as physically powerful as Superman. And Superman is not near Skyfather either. Can Jack take Superman?
Jack certainly can.

MWahahahahahahaha!

He's fast enough to cut superman in half with his MAGICAL blade..and we all know that superman is weak against MAGICS. I WIN TEH THREADZ, hands down, son.

ThunderGodEneru
Jack certainly can.

MWahahahahahahaha!

He's fast enough to cut superman in half with his MAGICAL blade..and we all know that superman is weak against MAGICS. I WIN TEH THREADZ, hands down, son. Superman certainly can punch a hole through Jack before Jack processes the thought of doing so.

dadudemon
Superman certainly can punch a hole through Jack before Jack processes the thought of doing so.

Only in your dreaaaaaaaaams pal. HA!

Jack's sword will slice right through that Bio-aura of poopersam's and he will win the battles...NAY! Thuh threadz!

KingD19
Batman and other street levels have tagged Supes before, Jack is a lot higher than them.

Eman5805
Only if CIS is on does Jack even know Superman moved before he gets put down like a rabid dog. If it is, then Superman might get shocked that the blade can hurt him, but he'd get serious and either superspeed disarm him(maybe even by taking off Jack's arm) or freezes Jack over.

Anyway, Jack rocks these guys.

Kento
Jubei wins...because he's the coolest. Who cares if he's weakest or slowest. Or if Jack is the best one in the fight. ninja

King Kandy
Class 100 means the capacity to lift 100 tons or more.

Jack could take Superman imo. He's fast enough to get Supes with his sword and then it's all over.

KingD19
^QFT

dadudemon
^QFT

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z238/dadudemon/wrong27.jpg

WO Polaski
are people really believing that samurai jack can beat beat superman?

dadudemon
Originally posted by WO Polaski

There's no need to believe it when you can say dattebayooooooo. Wait...

I mean, there's not need to believe it when Jack already has. Seriously. He beat superman in a DC comic written comic crossover.

King Kandy
Originally posted by WO Polaski
He beat a reality warping omniscient god, Superman is nothing.

ThunderGodEneru
He beat a reality warping omniscient god, Superman is nothing. A>B>C logic now?

Care to provide why you think Samurai Jack can tag Superman, who can fight and react at speeds faster than Jack can process a thought?

Or why Jack would be able to take so much as a punch from Superman?

Anyone who thinks that Superman would get beaten by Jack is an idiot.

KingD19
Has Karate Kid ever beaten Supes in a fight? Or got some good hits on him?

ThunderGodEneru
Has Karate Kid ever beaten Supes in a fight? Or got some good hits on him? What relevance does this have?

And the answer is no.

Phanteros
superman will kill jack and all of these samurai

LDHZenkai
What relevance does this have?

And the answer is no.
actually he beat superman in a sparring match. BFR'd him using his own momentum. So Samurai Jack curbstomps him. Spite in favor of Jack. He's leagues above Superman!

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by LDHZenkai
actually he beat superman in a sparring match. BFR'd him using his own momentum. So Samurai Jack curbstomps him. Spite in favor of Jack. He's leagues above Superman! Proof of this now.

And none of that Pre-Crisis Karate Kid shit.

King Kandy
Jack was so fast he moved faster than anything else in the universe so even Chronos who could see everything in the universe couldn't perceive him. He will tag supes and his sword will kill him.

ThunderGodEneru
Jack was so fast he moved faster than anything else in the universe so even Chronos who could see everything in the universe couldn't perceive him. He will tag supes and his sword will kill him. If you don't think that was PIS, you are an idiot.

LDHZenkai
Proof of this now.

And none of that Pre-Crisis Karate Kid shit.
Legion of Superheroes episode "The Karate Kid".

ThunderGodEneru
Legion of Superheroes episode "The Karate Kid". Because the cartoons are totally canon right?

WO Polaski
didnt jack get his ass kicked by a buch of biker boots because he didnt have a good pair of shoes?

And he also stalemated the scotssman so unless the scotssman moves faster than time to then its obvious pis.

dadudemon
If you don't think that was PIS, you are an idiot.

It can't be thrown out as PIS because it doesn't fit your need. That's what Jack needed to do to get hte job done so he did it.

AHA!

So if Jack has to do it to beat Poopersam, that's what he does.

AHA!

WO Polaski
isn't that by your admission pis

XanatosForever
Yes...Jack owns Superman...NYr7hFjs3wo

KingD19
Has anyone like Batman ever tagged Supes? What about other people with speed lower than him tagging him? If I remember correctly, Atlas beat the living crap out of him, then Krypto came along. Atlas didn't show any enhanced speed. There are tons of people lower than Supes who've tagged him, saying Jack won't is ludicrous.

ThunderGodEneru
And then there are the hundreds of other instances of Superman dodging and reacting to things far faster than Jack.

But to flip your own logic around on you, bug androids who are far slower than Superman tagged Jack, what makes you think Superman could not?

KingD19
I never said Superman couldn't tag Jack, I said Jack could tag Superman.

Phanteros
I never said Superman couldn't tag Jack, I said Jack could tag Superman. superman isn't effected by magic anymore. and quite bring up low end feats

KingD19
So you don't think being sliced by a blade made of unbreakable metal, and forged by 3 extremely powerful gods(more so than Superman), won't hurt him?

And I'm not using them as low end feats, because Jack has moved quite fast. I'm saying if people slower than Jack can hit Supes, so can jack.

ThunderGodEneru
Using instances of people slower than Jack hitting Superman are the low end feats genius.

King Kandy
All it proves is that people can be hit by slower enemies. Thus, Jack can hit him.

ThunderGodEneru
All it proves is that people can be hit by slower enemies. Thus, Jack can hit him. It proves in comics there are low showings.

And what makes you think Superman, who hits far quicker and harder than Jack, would not land the first hit, which would end the fight immediately?

LDHZenkai
OMG this is till going on? Samurai Jack has got the skills to pay the bills. He curbstomps superman. Just admit it guys.

ThunderGodEneru
OMG this is till going on? Samurai Jack has got the skills to pay the bills. He curbstomps superman. Just admit it guys. Really convincing argument you just made.

King Kandy
It proves in comics there are low showings.

And what makes you think Superman, who hits far quicker and harder than Jack, would not land the first hit, which would end the fight immediately?
Jack has insane damage soak and durability.

ThunderGodEneru
Jack has insane damage soak and durability. Yet you cannot prove it is enough to take one of Superman's punches.

I am who I am
By Jack, do we mean, Samurai Jack? And are peeps sayin' he can beat Superman?!

dadudemon
Originally posted by I am who I am
By Jack, do we mean, Samurai Jack? And are peeps sayin' he can beat Superman?!

Do NOT read the thread title and do NOT read the opening post. I highly don't recommend it.

LDHZenkai
Because the cartoons are totally canon right?
in the anime/manga section yea i would imagine they are. if you want to argue comics go to the comic vs forums. kthnx

ThunderGodEneru
in the anime/manga section yea i would imagine they are. if you want to argue comics go to the comic vs forums. kthnx The entire argument was against comic Superman.

The real Superman.

Wei Phoenix
in the anime/manga section yea i would imagine they are. if you want to argue comics go to the comic vs forums. kthnx

Technically they wouldn't since cartoons and anime are different and you can't make Bugs Bunny vs Aizen here.

The entire argument was against comic Superman.

The real Superman.

Are we really debating Samurai Jack vs Superman?

KingD19
Well, it started out as a fight between swordsman, then someone said something about Jack being able to cut Superman, then this FUBAR happened.

LDHZenkai
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Technically they wouldn't since cartoons and anime are different and you can't make Bugs Bunny vs Aizen here.

Are we really debating Samurai Jack vs Superman?
anime just means animation. a cartoon is animated. and i bet the company that animated it was asian in some way.

Ridley_Prime
Oh, God... I think my IQ went down a few points after reading this thread in its entirety so far.

LDHZenkai
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Oh, God... I think my IQ went down a few points after reading this thread in its entirety so far.

lol i don't think it was ever meant to be taken literally. It was just said that Samurai Jack could beat superman in jest, then the superman fanboys got mad, so people kept going with it at of sheer fun.

dadudemon
lol i don't think it was ever meant to be taken literally. It was just said that Samurai Jack could beat superman in jest, then the superman fanboys got mad, so people kept going with it at of sheer fun.

QFT

(LULZ. I don't carry grudges outside threads.)

King Kandy
Yeah Jack probably could never hit superman. If he did it would kill him though imo.

strifex6
jack ftw

Phanteros
Yeah Jack probably could never hit superman. If he did it would kill him though imo. he is not effected by magic anymore

KingD19
A sword forged by gods would cut him.

XanatosForever
Maybe. I've set up to order the series on Netflix, and I just watch the "movie" of the first three (four?) episodes. According to that, at least, the sword was forged by three priests (or was it saints?) with mystical power.

KingD19
Jack's magic sword was forged by the gods Odin, Ra, and Vishnu through three mortal avatars. Although, it can't harm beings who aren't evil.

XanatosForever
<.< So it's the Japanese equivalent of the Master Sword? laughing

dadudemon
<.< So it's the Japanese equivalent of the Master Sword? laughing

You mean, the American Cartoon about a Japanese hero equivalent of a Japanese game sword called the Master Sword, right? awesome

XanatosForever
You mean, the American Cartoon about a Japanese hero equivalent of a Japanese game sword called the Master Sword, right? awesome

I see you like to split hairs, sir. You would be correct, though! awesome

dadudemon
I see you like to split hairs, sir. You would be correct, though! awesome

awesome thumb up

King Kandy
Jack's magic sword was forged by the gods Odin, Ra, and Vishnu through three mortal avatars. Although, it can't harm beings who aren't evil.
Since when can it not hurt evil beings? It has hurt good people before.

dadudemon
Since when can it not hurt evil beings? It has hurt good people before.

Remember the episode that Aku got the sword of of Jack's hand and tried to kill him but it wouldn't even pierce his skin? I think that that is what King is talking about.

I don't remember his sword hurting anyone good, though.

It is possible that pure good, like Jack, are unharmed.

King Kandy
Remember the episode that Aku got the sword of of Jack's hand and tried to kill him but it wouldn't even pierce his skin? I think that that is what King is talking about.

I don't remember his sword hurting anyone good, though.

It is possible that pure good, like Jack, are unharmed.
He killed that guy who was the trapped in a rock-body, and he was good.

dadudemon

Episode #?

LDHZenkai
his sword cant harm someone who is truly good. According to the writers.

XanatosForever

The circumstances were different, and the fact said guy lured countless warriors to their doom just so he could himself die pretty much clears him of the "pure good" that would keep the sword from affecting him.

Kris Blaze
The question is, does Jack need his sword?

First_Tsurugi06
well, for one thing, hiten mitsurugi ryu is always supersonic in movement speed and even more so in slashing. kenshin and seijiro have both jumped the height of entire large waterfalls/builsings with reletive ease, seijiro even destroyed the giant guy who was as large as a building without much trouble. furthermore, kenshin has cut incoming canon balls in half, easily evaded bullets, and destroyed signifiant portions of forests with large trees simply by fighting. also, his strength and resiliance can be seen against shishio when he uses his blade as a shield while shishio is pressing down on him and the entire granite floor of the arena actually collapses under the pressure. etc etc. overall, kenshin has the higher ends feats. afro just does his feats with greater frequency and ease. plus, if kenshin were to use a real blade instead of his reverse one, hed turn into a demon.

Big friggin' whoop.

Afro efficiently fought in a freefall in the middle of the sky with his robotic double, deflecting his lasers and other such attacks without losing a beat. He cuts bullets almost REGULARLY, efficiently enough to shatter it and kill several people behind him, and on occasion has shown to slash at virtually untraceable speeds. Afro on at least one occasion has dodged gatling gun fire on a rooftop after getting cleaved in the back, and deflected arrows from a crossbow that were shot out like a gatling gun. He's deflected laser fire on at least two occasions. Afro's also fought and bested at least five superhuman cyborgs that range from having high levels of strength and speed to being human missle launchers, and being able to smash through buildings in massive blasts. Not to mention that barbaric superhuman clone of his father that Afro only refused to waste becasue he couldn't accept that his real father was dead. The one thing they ahve in common is that they're all a helluva lot tougher than anything in Ruroni Kenshin. The fact that Afro does such high-end feats with so much more ease is testament to the fact that he's in a higher league.

Seijuro's a badass though. At least the techniques in Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu don't slowly kill him.

And where the hell do you get this "demon" jazz? Just because his eyes turned yellow when he went back into manslayer mode for that one fight with Saito (in which he was disarmed by the latter's BELT IIRC), it doesn't exactly classify him as demonic so much as an exaggeration of his old persona.

WO Polaski
i remember that fight with saito. he used his belt yeah. laughing out loud

saito's godly though.

King Kandy
I have to say that was pretty lame. He was about to break his neck too. I can't believe Kenshin let himself get in that situation.

NemeBro
Or maybe Saito is just that skilled?

I mean, he was a rival for Kenshin as the Battosai after all.

First_Tsurugi06
I'm not trying to deny Saito's capabilities, nor Kenshin's necessarily. I'm simply saying a belt wouldn't be too big a factor in a fight against a "Demon".

Hell, Justice was (or rather, still is) more classifiable as a "demon" than Kenshin, even though I'm sure he's more along the lines of a "result of a bio-hazard" so to speak (if the whole toxic waste thing is true).

NemeBro
Or maybe he really is Gawd?

First_Tsurugi06
He hadn't collected all 'em headbands http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/131.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.