The Licker and Licker Beta

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
http://fc31.deviantart.com/fs17/f/2007/178/5/f/Resident_Evil_Licker_by_kofab.jpg

You take a normal human, infect them with the T-virus and BAM! You get a zombie. Fail to destroy the brain or burn the body, V-ACT takes place and you get a Crimson Head.

If you fail to eliminate the Crimson Head, the V-ACT mutation continues, tne end result is the Licker. It was given its name by the RPD during the Raccoon Outbreak, given its long tongue that can pierce a human torso.

You wish to see a Crimson Head degenerating into a Licker, see the Regis Licker (Suspen-dead) in RE: Outbreak.

The Licker stands proud with its fellow BOWs as a serious thorn in our sides in the world of Resident Evil. Nothing that some heavy firepower can fix. Given the choice of dealing with the Hunters or these guys, I'll go with the Lickers.

About the Licker

Appearing first in Resident Evil 2, the Licker is a further mutation caused by the V-ACT process, which mutates normal Zombies into the extremely agile and vicious Crimson Head. The name "Licker" was given to this creature by the officers at the Raccoon Police Department for their incredibly long tongues.

Other changes from normal Zombies to Lickers are brain swelling and becoming visible, an increase in muscle development, and the total loss of skin. This new muscle tissue allows them to do many things that normal Zombies and even Crimson Heads cannot. They can jump incredible heights and distances and move much more rapidly while their warped bone structure makes it more suitable for them to crawl about on all fours. The Licker also uses its talons (elongated from the Crimson Head stage) to scale vertical structures and ceilings with ease. This allows the creature to use predator tactics to surprise their prey. These new hunting strategies also showcase its increased primal intellect. Finally, its elongated tongue was shown to be enormously powerful, capable of piercing human flesh and often being used to decapitate its prey. Although naturally quiet and a master of ambushes, the presence of a Licker can often be hinted at by the sound of their raw flesh and claws scraping against whatever surface they happen to be crawling along, as well as a sibilant hissing sound. When attacking or incurring damage, a Licker will also make a variety of screeching sounds, producing a particularly agonized scream when killed.

Lickers have lost the use of their eyes entirely and cannot track prey by sight. Their super developed hearing however more than compensates for the loss. Upon detecting potential prey it will attack full force with teeth, tongue and claws, often alerting others of its kind in the vicinity as well. Weapons that emit very little sound, such as the bowgun, are especially useful against these blind B.O.W.'s.

There has also been confirmation of a further mutation of the Licker in the Raccoon City Underground Research Facility. It differs from the regular Licker in colour, durability and claw size. However it appears to have very similar intelligence to normal Lickers, as its attack patterns are similar, however this Licker appears to be even sharper at detecting prey and much harder to sneak around. It is a theory that these creatures were augmented by Umbrella scientists in an attempt to create an even deadlier version of an already formidable being. Both Licker types were also present during the Sheena Island outbreak.

A Crimson Head in the midst of its transformation into a Licker was encountered by a group of survivors in in the Apple Inn during a fire. This creature was dubbed the Regis Licker or Suspended. The subject was clearly a woman prior to infection judging by the remaining clothes, features and body shape, despite the half-transformed shape. It did not yet have the ability to decapitate its prey using its already mutated tongue, but displayed the ability to use its tongue as a whip against attackers.

About the Licker β

Due to continuous high demand on the black market for the Licker, Tricell decided to research and develop from the Licker data left behind by Umbrella. The result was the Licker β, created after administering the Progenitor virus to an average Licker. Like the standard Licker, the Beta variation is still blind, but has extremely sensitive hearing, allowing it to trace loud sounds to their source almost instantly. Like their unnaturally occurring forerunners, βs travel in groups, therefore, it is incredibly dangerous when a sound alerts many at one time.

Injection of Progenitor lead to the creature gaining the ability to reproduce, this fertility renders it more of an actual animal, as opposed to a mutated zombie.

One major difference from the original is the creature's vastly increased muscle mass, as well as a slightly improved sense of smell. One new weakness exhibited by the Licker β was an exposed heart located in the center of its chest. A simple knife can end a Beta's life with a single stab to this organ.

Their primary attack is to lunge at their target. Other attacks include stabbing their target with their namesake tongue and striking it with their large claws. They possess a one-hit-kill attack; first the Licker pounces onto a victim, who is completely helpless. If the target's partner does not save them quickly, the Licker will simply tear out their victim's throat. Also, it should be noted that these Lickers are extremely durable, and very resistant to gunfire. With an AK-74, one would have to fire about a magazine and a half to dispense a single Licker... and you will never encounter just one Licker. With a magnum, however, it takes somewhere close to five shots on Professional mode (the hardest level) with the S&W M500. They are vulnerable to most grenade rounds, but acid seems to have the most effect. With Nitrogen rounds, one can freeze the targeted Licker, and use a weapon or knife to destroy the frozen body. If the body is left alone for too long, the Licker will unfreeze. Most of the time, if the player is nearby, the thawed Licker will attempt to do a tongue-spear attack and the AI or second player will have to press the HELP button action to cut off the tongue.

Nemesis X
The Licker once freaked me out when I first saw it in RE2. I hate it when I get near a window and I see one crawl pass by.

I am who I am
These bastards can take a hit

Rascaduanok

Nemesis X
The Licker appearing in RE5 proves that Capcom actually listens to the fans. Now if only we can convince them to put the Nemesis in RE6.

Snafu the Great

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Now if only we can convince them to put the Nemesis in RE6.

Why.....the Nemesis is dead did'nt you get the memo about Resident Evil 3?

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, but people are obviously gonna convince Capcom to bring back the Nemesis, or else... Actually, you don't even want to know what 'or else' means.
This time though, he'll have omnipotence, some reality warping powers here and there, and most importantly, the ability to hit a sword and beat up the person holding it so they'll never speak to each other again..

On topic, Lickers are pretty cool. I kinda like them now. It's no wonder they're considered a classic enemy. Heard they were pretty badass in the movie(s) they appeared in as well. mmm

Neo Darkhalen
Why does everyone like the Nemesis, IMO it was the weakest game out of the "Umbrella arc" I'd rather see another G then the Nemisis again that's for damn sure...*sigh* I don't know...fanboys lol.

Anyway the Lickers are quite a unique based foe and I still remember my first meeting with one in RES 2, It was a nice surprise to see them again in 5 with improvements, I believe we will be seeing them again as what was stated above, Lickers are now a species of animal, one things for sure now that they can reproduce the Human race has a very dangerous threat ahead of them!

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Yeah, but people are obviously gonna convince Capcom to bring back the Nemesis, or else... Actually, you don't even want to know what 'or else' means.
This time though, he'll have omnipotence, some reality warping powers here and there, and most importantly, the ability to hit a sword and beat up the person holding it so they'll never speak to each other again..

Oh for the love of all that's holy, will you just drop it?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Why does everyone like the Nemesis, IMO it was the weakest game out of the "Umbrella arc" I'd rather see another G then the Nemisis again that's for damn sure...*sigh* I don't know...fanboys lol.

We the fanboys liked the Nemesis for it being incredibly badass and awesome mind you!

Wei Phoenix
Mines completely own these mofos!

Sin_Volvagia
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m75/Dark_Bloody_Rose/LICKER.jpghttp://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4751/reshresurvivorcriatural.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/resuomeksi14/vlicker2.jpg
Regis Licker

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b382/HCU/Mods/Resident%20Evil%20Twilight/licker01.jpg

yWiZiZs_F_Q&NR=1

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen

Anyway the Lickers are quite a unique based foe and I still remember my first meeting with one in RES 2, It was a nice surprise to see them again in 5 with improvements, I believe we will be seeing them again as what was stated above, Lickers are now a species of animal, one things for sure now that they can reproduce the Human race has a very dangerous threat ahead of them!

What's all with the hate I see for RE3. In my not-so-humble opinion, it was the best game in the series.

Quite frankly, I've never considered the Licker to be a particularly intimidating or a dangerous foe. They did have a very nasty jump attack they used sometimes though.

Nemesis X
What if Capcom made a mini game where we play as a Licker and wander around the Raccoon City Police Department and the game is to stealthfuly kill all police?

Ridley_Prime
Or you could have a L4D multiplayer version of that idea.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.