Light Side Galen Marek v. JA Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kodiak
Jedi Galen Marek vs Jedi Academy Luke. Who wins?

1. Lightsabers
2. Force
3.All-out

darthbane99
Hmm...power against power. Sonds tast full
1) Luke has this. Its best to say marek was the best with form 3 7 and 5.
Yet luke has the form 5 mastered in only a few years and mixed it with his own techniques. He was able to defeat vader with his own form 5,while withholding his aggression from the darkside. It would have been even as i said but luke (not counting his learnig rate) its just he was the most instinctive of the lighsaber arts,then even yoda was,and surpassed him.

2)Force:im not sure i just say luke for the hell of it,hes powrfull,but facts,im not sure.. The only thing luke did,or maybe he has done alot more then marek did or could of,is preserve his ghost after death,only a high master could of done.

3) all out: ill stay with luke. until proven otherwise.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by darthbane99
Yet luke has the form 5 mastered in only a few years and mixed it with his own techniques. He was able to defeat vader with his own form 5,while with holding his aggression from the darkside.

Not true it was quite clear that Luke was using his anger/agression vs Vader in ROTJ (especially in the novel that describes Luke's mindstate) from the moment he tried to strike at Palpatine till he kicks vader down the stairs then refuses to battle until Vader taunts him which causes Luke to go berserk.

Advent
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Not true it was quite clear that Luke was using his anger/agression vs Vader in ROTJ (especially in the novel that describes Luke's mindstate) from the moment he tried to strike at Palpatine till he kicks vader down the stairs then refuses to battle until Vader taunts him which causes Luke to go berserk.

The comic book says that Luke was holding back and utilizing the light side up until he got pissed. I believe the novelization says something along the lines of Vader would kill Luke even if he wouldn't use his full power, too. That might have been in reference to him not fighting though.

Eminence
The novel notes that Luke snapped out of his "dark clarity" after kicking Vader down the stairs. I take that to mean he'd been using his rage pretty much the entire fight .

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Advent ]
The comic book says that Luke was holding back and utilizing the light side up until he got pissed.

Before the duel started there are quotes such as these that describe Luke being affected by the emperor's taunts him which makes Luke come to his senses.

Luke watched in impotent horror, as the unbelievably huge laser beam radiated out from the muzzle of the Death Star. It touched -for only an instant - one of the Rebel Star Cruisers that was surging in the midst of the heaviest fighting. And in the next instant, the Star Cruiser was vaporized. Blown to dust. Returned to its most elemental particles, in a single burst of light. In the numbing grip of despair, with the hollowest of voids devouring his heart, Luke's eyes, alone, glinted - for he saw, again, his lightsaber, lying unattended on the throne. And in this bleak and livid moment, the dark side was much with him .......

Luke's face was contorted, reflecting his spirit. Vader watched him carefully, as did the Emperor. The lightsaber began to shake on its resting place. The young Jedi's hand was trembling, his lips pulled back in grimace, his teeth grinding.

The Emperor smiled. 'Good. I can feel your anger. I am defenseless - take your weapon. Strike me down with all of your hatred, and your journey toward the dark side will be complete.' He laughed, and laughed.

Luke was able to resist no longer. The lightsaber rattled violently on the throne a moment, then flew into his hand, impelled by the Force. He ignited it a moment later and swung it with his full weight downward toward the Emperor's skull....

I interrupted this as him giving into his anger to strike at the emperor and he continued using this vs Vader, especially based on his thoughts before the emperor says, "use your aggressive feelings, boy!"

Slowly, Luke and Vader circled. Lightsaber high above his head, Luke readied his attack from classic first-position; the Dark Lord held a lateral stance, in classic answer. Without announcement, Luke brought his blade straight down - then, when Vader moved to parry, Luke feinted and cut low. Vader counterparried, let the impact direct his sword toward Luke's throat... but Luke met the riposte and stepped back. The first blows, traded without injury. Again, they circled.

Vader was impressed with Luke's speed. Pleased, even. It was a pity, almost, he couldn't let the boy kill the Emperor yet. Luke wasn't ready for that, emotionally. There was still a chance Luke would return to his friends if he destroyed the Emperor now. He needed more extensive tutelage, first - training by both Vader and Palpatine - before he'd be ready to assume his place at Vader's right hand, ruling the galaxy.

So Vader had to shepherd the boy through periods like this, stop him from doing damage in the wrong places - or in the right places prematurely.

Before Vader could gather his thoughts much further, though, Luke attacked again - much more aggressively. He advanced in a flurry of lunges, each met with a loud crack of Vader's phosphorescent saber. The Dark Lord retreated a step at every slash, swiveling once to bring his cutting beam up viciously - but Luke batted it away, pushing Vader back yet again. The Lord of the Sith momentarily lost his footing on the stairs and tumbled to his knees.

Luke stood above him, at the top of the staircase, heady with his own power. It was in his hands, now, he knew it was: he could take Vader. Take his blade, take his life. Take his place at the Emperor's side. Yes, even that. Luke didn't bury the thought, this time; he gloried in it. He engorged himself with its juices, felt its power tingle his cheeks. It made him feverish, this thought, with lust so overpowering as to totally obliterate all other considerations.

He had the power; the choice was his.

And then another thought emerged, slowly compulsive as an ardent lover: he could destroy the Emperor, too. Destroy them both, and rule the galaxy. Avenge and conquer.

It was a profound moment for Luke. Dizzying. Yet he did not swoon. Nor did he recoil.

He took one step forward.

For the first time, the thought entered Vader's consciousness that his son might best him. He was astounded by the strength Luke had acquired since their last duel, in the Cloud City - not to mention the boy's timing, which was honed to a thought's-breadth. This was an unexpected circumstance. Unexpected and unwelcome. Vader felt humiliation crawling in on the tail of his first reaction, which was surprise, and his second, which was fear. And then the edge of the humiliation curled up, to reveal bald anger. And now he wanted revenge.

These things were mirrored, each face, by the young Jedi who now towered above him. The Emperor, watching joyously, saw this, and goaded Luke on to revel in his Darkness. 'Use your aggressive feelings, boy! Yes! Let the hate flow through you! Become one with it, let it nourish you!'

Luke faltered a moment - then realized what was happening. He was suddenly confused again. What did he want? What should he do? His brief exultation, his microsecond of dark clarity - gone, now, in a wash of indecision, veiled enigma. Cold awakening from a passionate flirtation.

He took a step back, lowered his sword, relaxed, and tried to drive the hatred from his being.

In that instant, Vader attacked. He lunged half up the stairs, forcing Luke to reverse defensively. He bound the boy's blade with his own, but Luke disengaged and leaped to the safety of an overhead gantry. Vader jumped over the railing to the floor beneath the platform on which Luke stood.

'I will not fight you, Father,' Luke stated

'You are unwise to lower your defenses,' Vader warned. His anger was layered, now - he did not want to win if the boy was not battling to the fullest. But if winning meant he had to kill a boy who wouldn't fight... then he could do that, too. Only he wanted Luke to be aware of those consequences. He wanted Luke to know this was no longer just a game. This was Darkness.

I believe you are referring to the paragraph right above this one.

Advent
Apparently I hallucinated a page in the ROTJ comic book where it said Luke was drawing on the light side. I just checked and it's not there, XD.

Eminence
Drugs are bad.

no expression

Slash_KMC
No they aren't ?

Eminence
Except when they are.

Slash_KMC
But then there's the exception that they aren't.

Eminence
Which really isn't, because they are.

Slash_KMC
Ever seen The Matrix ?

You're in the matrix, and I'm in the real world.

Eminence
I've already taken the red pill. That's why I said drugs are bad.

kotorfan
Its interpret, not interrupt

kotorfan

I interrupted this as him giving into his anger to strike at the emperor and he continued using this vs Vader, especially based on his thoughts before the emperor says, "use your aggressive feelings, boy!"

EDIT AGAIN: sry for the double post. I didn't realize that I had pressed the submit reply button...

someone delete my other post.

Its interpret, not interrupt

Elite Hunter
And I'm suppose to care because...........?

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
No they aren't ?

Yes they are.

Drug money funds organised crime and terrorism. Drugs tear families apart, they destroy lives, they cause pain and suffering to millions.

Say No To Drugs!

laser7455
Luke wins all 3

Red Nemesis
And I'm suppose to care because...........?

Because by pointing out minor mistakes (especially easily made typoes) he gains prestige in this community and from his peers in the real world!

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Because by pointing out minor mistakes (especially easily made typoes) he gains prestige in this community and from his peers in the real world!

DuWWD !!1 ,,,

DaTS ToToLLY uRSeLVeS uR DiSCRBeNG !!!11!11!1!1!!!1111

eek! rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance smokin' evil face

Nephthys
Yes they are.

Drugs killed my father and raped my mother, so f*** you.

fffuuu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.