The General Discussion Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Grey Fox
Talk with fellow members, get to know them better, etc.

Whatever. It's more productive than any of the random shit threads out there, that's for sure.

A place to just talk with your KMC buddies or to tell us something that's on your mind.

It'll get closed, but as far as I see, it's a fully viable thread that deserves to stick around.

Ax3l
We've got one already. It's called "Chat With Maynard"

Duh.

kodak
The Game, you just lost.
in b4 mods

The Grey Fox
Also, it's definitely has more of a point than the atrociously pointless "Tell Us What You're Drinking" thread or whatever.

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by Ax3l
We've got one already. It's called "Chat With Maynard"

Duh. Sucks, I don't want to talk to you all the time. No offense, you're cool and all, but cba.

Neo Darkhalen
I wonder how long this will last...

Ax3l
Oh, I get it. Mature.

gefallen_engel
not very

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by The Grey Fox
Also, it's definitely has more of a point than the atrociously pointless "Tell Us What You're Drinking" thread or whatever. I actually have ot agree with that... but doesnt matter what I think

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by Ax3l
Oh, I get it. Mature. Yeah, you're damn right!

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
I actually have ot agree with that... but doesnt matter what I think Doesn't seem to matter what any of us think anymore really

Neo Darkhalen
Doesn't seem to matter what any of us think anymore really

Indeed.

kodak
so ami, did you get that pm i sent you?
did you like it?

Morning_Glory
sad

mitchum
As long as all of RJs threads are still around and keep coming, I'm happy.

The Grey Fox
weed

Morning_Glory
chicken nachos with sour cream

AbnormalButSane
delicious

Quincy
I throw myself into 100 percent support of any of Foxy's threads.

Wittig
weed

kodak
i feel like an outcast, i cant pick a thread

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by Quincy
I throw myself into 100 percent support of any of Foxy's threads. me too

Impediment
You know that this will just get closed, too, right, guys?

The Grey Fox
I throw myself into 100 percent support of any of Foxy's threads. You love it! stoned

kodak
yea

Digi
This won't necessarily be closed. It isn't the idea of a social thread that was the problem. It was more that a specific thread created an atmosphere where people continually felt like the rules didn't apply. It recurred over a long period of time, and was thus closed. Many social threads don't have those problems, and are more constructive.

And the other recent closures were because numerous threads were create merely in protest or mockery of our decision. Grey Fox respectfully voiced his dissent to me and I addressed his gripes, but don't see this as against the rules or etiquette of the forum in any way. Of course, thats subject to change based on behavior, but it should be understood that closings aren't arbitrary and should never be taken personally.

Wittig
yea we know

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by Impediment
You know that this will just get closed, too, right, guys? yes i think we all know sad

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by Impediment
You know that this will just get closed, too, right, guys? It has no reason to be, by definition of the rules, it's a completely fine thread.

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by Digi
This won't necessarily be closed. It isn't the idea of a social thread that was the problem. It was more that a specific thread created an atmosphere where people continually felt like the rules didn't apply. It recurred over a long period of time, and was thus closed. Many social threads don't have those problems, and are more constructive.

And the other recent closures were because numerous threads were create merely in protest or mockery of our decision. Grey Fox respectfully voiced his dissent to me and I addressed his gripes, but don't see this as against the rules or etiquette of the forum in any way. Of course, thats subject to change based on behavior, but it should be understood that closings aren't arbitrary and should never be taken personally. I understand. My point for this thread is mainly for members to get to know each other better, rather than just a retaliation to the close of the Millionth thread. I think it'd be good for KMC if the members had a thread to get to know each other better more and talk to each other, etc.

StanTheMan
I really hope other mods will understand Digi's point of view on this too, but I guess we'll see

thanks Digi

Neo Darkhalen
I hope this can be kept open for quite sometime, theirs a void now what with the mil closed, this could fill it in a constructive and pleasant manner.

Wittig
boobs

-Roland

kodak
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
I hope this can be kept open for quite sometime, theirs a void now what with the mil closed, this could fill it in a constructive and pleasant manner. Nah, lets firebomb the place back to the stone age.

The Grey Fox
I don't want for this to be seen as a retaliation against the rules or mods or anything, since I honestly say it isn't.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Wittig
boobs

-Roland
Quoting the Quote for truth.

JacopeX
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/

And 5 % of the time

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f61/

Morning_Glory
wake up little suzy wake up little suzy

Quincy
me too

MG knows whats good.

You love it! stoned

I Do I Do I Do-Oo!

dadudemon
Oh, so we should get to know each other here?

I'm interested, TGF, in what you plan to do for your career after college?

The Pict
sad

sad

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by The Pict
sad

hey pict

Sol Valentine
Pict

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by dadudemon
Oh, so we should get to know each other here?

I'm interested, TGF, in what you plan to do for your career after college? Well, I'm thinking of taking a year out then moving onto a higher degree of education (e.g. University), but after that I'm still quite hazy about where I want to go in life. I'm even hazy about what I want to study in Uni.

Neo Darkhalen
I too am taking one year out to resit my GCSE maths.

Sol Valentine
Well, I'm thinking of taking a year out then moving onto a higher degree of education (e.g. University), but after that I'm still quite hazy about where I want to go in life. I'm even hazy about what I want to study in Uni.

Psychadelic rock band-leading forensics major

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
I too am taking one year out to resit my GCSE maths. That might be a good idea for me too, I only got an E in Maths at GCSE.

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by Sol Valentine
Psychadelic rock band-leading forensics major Great idea!

The Pict
Where do we all post now? shrug

lil bitchiness
Well, I'm thinking of taking a year out then moving onto a higher degree of education (e.g. University), but after that I'm still quite hazy about where I want to go in life. I'm even hazy about what I want to study in Uni.

What do you want to do at Uni? Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
I too am taking one year out to resit my GCSE maths.

My ex housemate, we did the same degree - she had to, AFTER her degree go back and re-sit her GCSE maths because teaching certificate required higher grade.
It was little silly, considering she wanted to teach sociology.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
What do you want to do at Uni?

My ex housemate, we did the same degree - she had to, AFTER her degree go back and re-sit her GCSE maths because teaching certificate required higher grade.
It was little silly, considering she wanted to teach sociology.

hello lil b

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
hello lil b

Hi Bruce.

Sol Valentine
Great idea!

Yeah, especially when we get our instruments stolen by psycho fans.

Morning_Glory
... ok

Hi, I'm Riley. I love chocolate & I live in St Louis! wave

now I've introduced myself

eat

The Grey Fox
What do you want to do at Uni? Well I've been considering something technical, like what I'm going to college for, which is mainly lighting and sound technician work. It's pretty interesting getting to learn to use all these machines, and it can lead on to serious production work, to I might follow it on if I enjoy it a lot. But I'm also pretty into journalism (and always have been really) so I might continue with that instead.

The Grey Fox
Yeah, especially when we get our instruments stolen by psycho fans. We should give our instruments away at the end of each show to rabid fans!

BruceSkywalker
Hi Bruce.

have you seen any movies lately?

Quincy
The real name is Colin. I live in Massachusettes, and I love writing and acting.

How goes it all?

Morning_Glory
The real name is Colin. I live in Massachusettes, and I love writing and acting.

How goes it all? where in Mass.. I use to live in Brookline - it was awesome - I miss the east coast soooo much love2

BruceSkywalker

How goes it all?

hey colin

my real name is Mark.. I live in California

Sol Valentine
We should give our instruments away at the end of each show to rabid fans!

We can't do that!

How goes it all?

Colin, *points to self* Steven.

mitchum
Oh my god, I can't do this.

Quincy
where in Mass.. I use to live in Brookline - it was awesome - I miss the east coast soooo much love2

I live in East Longmeadow, Western Mass-ish. Yeah the coast, and everybody from there, is kickass.

hey colin

my real name is Mark.. I live in California

Hey oh.
Colin, *points to self* Steven.

Oy Steven.

Selphie
Hello, I'm Liz, I live in Vermont, and I am currently tired, and need to do homework.

The Grey Fox
We can't do that! Why not!?

dadudemon
TGF

That's cool.

What do you guys have to do for GCSE maths?

Your system is different than ours. I just took Algebra, Geometry, Advanced algebra and discreet mathematics, Trigonometry and statistics, and Calculus.

For college, we have CLEP tests that allow one to take a test and avoid having to take the class. I clepped out of Algebra and Discreet mathematics so I don't have to take those classes. Are you GCSE's similar? Meaning, if you pass that portion on your GCSE with the required grade to enter your university degree program, you don't have to take any classes for that GCSE? (Similar to taking a CLEP test, here in America, I suppose.)

Your system is difficult to understand, so I apologize if I sound like a newb on the UK education system.

lil bitchiness
have you seen any movies lately?

Seen few lately, but nothing too great. I watched Hard Candy few days ago. And I didn't like it. no

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Selphie
Hello, I'm Liz, I live in Vermont, and I am currently tired, and need to do homework.

how much homework do u have?

mitchum
half coca-cola and half diet coke

Morning_Glory
Hello, I'm Liz, I live in Vermont, and I am currently tired, and need to do homework. hi Lizwave

BruceSkywalker
Seen few lately, but nothing too great. I watched Hard Candy few days ago. And I didn't like it. no

thats with ellen page isn't it?

Selphie
Bruce: I have no idea

MG: Helloooo

Badabing
Hey all. Just trying out the new thread.

The Grey Fox
TGF

That's cool.

Your system is different than ours. I just took Algebra, Geometry, Advanced algebra and discreet mathematics, Trigonometry and statistics, and Calculus.

For college, we have CLEP tests that allow one to take a test and avoid having to take the class. I clepped out of Algebra and Discreet mathematics so I don't have to take those classes. Are you GCSE's similar? Meaning, if you pass that portion on your GCSE with the required grade to enter your university degree program, you don't have to take any classes for that GCSE? (Similar to taking a CLEP test, here in America, I suppose.)

Your system is difficult to understand, so I apologize if I sound like a newb on the UK education system. The way I make of it, GCSE's are like the equivalent of the grades you guys get at the end of high school.

Sol Valentine
I live in East Longmeadow, Western Mass-ish. Yeah the coast, and everybody from there, is kickass.

Hey oh.

Oy Steven.

Sup?

Liztice-iced tea

Why not!?

I can't cough up money for a new drum set every gig we do!

Selphie
Sup?

Liztice-iced tea

I can't cough up money for a new drum set every gig we do!

I AM DRUMMER

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by Badabing
Hey all. Just trying out the new thread. Hey Bada!

BruceSkywalker
Bruce: I have no idea

MG: Helloooo

You will get it done I am sure

lil bitchiness
TGF

That's cool.

Your system is difficult to understand, so I apologize if I sound like a newb on the UK education system.

Wait wait wait, I'm confused. Doesn't Algebra, geometry and calculus all fall under the subject of maths? Are those separate subjects in school in US?

Hmm...here there is just maths. Or at least it was when I was in school.

Edit - I mean in UK. For me ''here'' is now Canada.

Selphie
You will get it done I am sure

Yeah, probably, I'm most likely only going to do my Pre-Calc work

The Pict
thats with ellen page isn't it?

Yup. I liked it.

A mod.....eww forgetu

The Grey Fox
I can't cough up money for a new drum set every gig we do! But we'd be rock stars! We'd be rich, and could afford it

BruceSkywalker

hey bada

Yeah, probably, I'm most likely only going to do my Pre-Calc work

cool

Selphie
But we'd be rock stars! We'd be rich, and could afford it

SOL IS DRUMMER!!

Sol Valentine
I AM DRUMMER

I AM DRUMMER

lil bitchiness
Yup. I liked it.

Great acting, though.

Sol Valentine
But we'd be rock stars! We'd be rich, and could afford it

I know that!

But I need to save my money for other stuff. o_o

How about we sign pieces of our stuff and give it away!

dadudemon
Wait wait wait, I'm confused. Doesn't Algebra, geometry and calculus all fall under the subject of maths? Are those separate subjects in school in US?

They are math classes, but they are given grades on our transcripts for each subject. We don't just do freshman math, sophmore math, etc. We actually have math classes with prerequisites, etc.

And, depending on the school you go to, you can take AP tests for the courses you have completed. AP stands for advanced placement. It gives you college credit for just about any university you go to.

Another method is the CLEP test. Similar to AP tests but they are usually administered by the college you want to go to...or by a Uni that another Uni trusts.

Hmm...here there is just maths. Or at least it was when I was in school.

Edit - I mean in UK. For me ''here'' is now Canada.

Cool. Yeah, you did say you moved to Canada, but I figured you meant the UK.

The Grey Fox
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg222/TheGreyFoxAnon/solisdrummer.jpg

BruceSkywalker
Yup. I liked it.

whats it about? I 've only watched a few scenes off and on?

Selphie

FULL OF WIN

lil bitchiness

lol

Sol Valentine
I have a thing that I bite my arm whenever it's itchy.

Is that bad?

Selphie

Is that bad?

Oh no, it just means that you have rabies. smile

lil bitchiness
They are math classes, but they are given grades on our transcripts for each subject. We don't just do freshman math, sophmore math, etc. We actually have math classes with prerequisites, etc.

And, depending on the school you go to, you can take AP tests for the courses you have completed. AP stands for advanced placement. It gives you college credit for just about any university you go to.

Another method is the CLEP test. Similar to AP tests but they are usually administered by the college you want to go to...or by a Uni that another Uni trusts.

Cool. Yeah, you did say you moved to Canada, but I figured you meant the UK.

Hmm, I think I understand. What about English? Is that devided between English Language and English Literature. In my school these were one subject but demanded two grades, of which median would you the final English grade.

Sol Valentine
Oh no, it just means that you have rabies. smile

*runs to bathroom and cries*

Morning_Glory
*cough*

The Grey Fox

Is that bad? Oh, no. I scratch my finger until it's raw when it gets into it's little itch. ermm

Morning_Glory
*runs to bathroom and cries* petpet

Selphie
*cough*

HI HI HI HI HI

lil bitchiness

He's just missing a drum stick or a drum set somewhere.

Quincy
So how goes everything everybody?

Morning_Glory
I just made stuffed shells and they turned out horrible - so I ordered cheesy bread from dominos happy

dadudemon
The way I make of it, GCSE's are like the equivalent of the grades you guys get at the end of high school.

Makes sense.

We can skip the whole highschool thing with a GED. (General educational development) I would say the the GED is easier than the GCSE tests, though. I could have passed the GED as a 6th grader or before.

The Grey Fox
He's just missing a drum stick or a drum set somewhere. Oh, damn, that's good! I can't believe I didn't think of that at the time. mmm

BruceSkywalker

i am about to sign off and watch the lakers game

Sol Valentine
He's just missing a drum stick or a drum set somewhere.

It's alllllllllllllllll the way in the back.

Like, miles away. stick out tongue

I'm mono free.

You?

I just made stuffed shells and they turned out horrible - so I ordered cheesy bread from dominos happy

I want

Sol Valentine
I have no more mango shake and I was gonna give Liz some. sad

Quincy

Cheesy Bread? Without ME!?

crying

Quincy
I'm mono free.

You?

I am also mono free. I'm also doing pretty good.

Selphie
I've never gotten mono

someone with mono, make out with me

The Grey Fox
What's mono?

Quincy
kissing disease kinda

Sol Valentine
I've never gotten mono

someone with mono, make out with me

I think I have a small stream of mono within me

*makes out with you*

I am also mono free. I'm also doing pretty good.

BLEACH

Selphie
I think I have a small stream of mono within me

*makes out with you*

BLEACH

Yayz, do has mono!

The Grey Fox
kissing disease kinda Sick shock

Sol Valentine
I want mono now

Let's spread mono people

Selphie
let the whole world get mono!

it'll be like, the cool AIDS!

Sol Valentine
Yeah!

dadudemon
Mono sucks. You are basically incapacitated for weeeeks on end. LAME ASS sucky sickness.

Selphie
no dadudemon, its cool

get with the times

Sol Valentine
Mono sucks. You are basically incapacitated for weeeeks on end. LAME ASS sucky sickness.

Mono is cool now.

Wittig
I had mono.
effed me up.

Sol Valentine
The hardest person to give mono to is MG

lil bitchiness
Can someone be more specific about ''mono''? messed

Selphie
The hardest person to give mono to is MG

Not true, I could look up her address

Sol Valentine

The kissing disease!

Though it doesn't have to just be kissing

It could be from sharing drinks

Let's share drinks!

Selphie
The kissing disease!

Though it doesn't have to just be kissing

It could be from sharing drinks

Let's share drinks!

It could be from me talking, and spitting in your mouth! eek!

The Grey Fox
Guess I'm off to bed, night.

Sol Valentine
It could be from me talking, and spitting in your mouth! eek!

That too!

Sol Valentine
*Gives mono to Amy J*

Night!

lil bitchiness
Guess I'm off to bed, night.

Its almost 3am where you are!

The Grey Fox
*Gives mono to Amy J*

Night! Cheers Sol uhuh
Its almost 3am where you are! True stoned

I usually stay up fairly late after a day out

Selphie
*Gives mono to Amy J*

Night!

Hahahaha, what a great gift for easter

Sol Valentine
Cheers Sol uhuh
True stoned

I usually stay up fairly late after a day out

Mono is for everyone stoned

dadudemon

They are talking about...

Mononucleosis. sick

Sol Valentine
They are talking about...

Mononucleosis. sick

Watch what's in your next drink.

dadudemon
Watch what's in your next drink.

Whey protein?

Selphie
Whey protein?

LOOOOOOOOOGEYYYYYYYY

Röland
Whey protein?
Flavor?

Selphie
where's that hot babe that they call MG?

Sol Valentine
Whey protein?

Yes.

Oh look, mono for Rolos.

Selphie
yay, Roland has mono now too! eek!

Röland
WUT?

Selphie
Yes.