Thor vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xJLxKing
2 Scenarios
Current Thor vs Thanos
Current Thor with Destroyer armor vs Thanos

Priest
Thor wins both.

quanchi112
Thanos wins both.

Harbinger
Thor wins both.

Patterns: Embrace them.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Harbinger
Patterns: Embrace them.

Nah...

Current Thor loses. Thor in the Destroyer caves his head in.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor wins in the second scenario.

In my opinion Classic Thor will give Thanos a decent enough fight if Thor went all out. It wouldn't be far fetched to say Current Thor wins the first scenario but that's not to say, Thanos can't win.

xJLxKing
Well Odin>Thanos, but Thor<Odin as well. They seem pretty even imo

Harbinger
Originally posted by Enyalus
Nah...

Current Thor loses. Thor in the Destroyer caves his head in. Yeah, pretty much.

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Well Odin>Thanos, but Thor<Odin as well. They seem pretty even imo When did Odin ever defeat Thanos?

Slaanesh
Current Thor lose..Destroyer win..

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by quanchi112
When did Odin ever defeat Thanos?

Odin > Thanos

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin > Thanos He has never bested him in combat. he was winning but Thanos has been upgraded since their last battle.

xJLxKing
He has never bested him in combat. he was winning but Thanos has been upgraded since their last battle.
It doesn't change the fact that Odin was killing him.

occultdestroyer
No matter which way you look at it,
Odin >>>> Thanos.
Anyday, everyday.

As for this match,
Thor wins both.

Odinforce >>>> Thanos' tech

quanchi112
It doesn't change the fact that Odin was killing him. Odin wasn't killing him. Where are you getting that from? He was winning at that point, but Thanos was still in the fight and refused to give up. He wouldn't be close to death and risk dying to save Thor's life man use your head.Originally posted by occultdestroyer
No matter which way you look at it,
Odin >>>> Thanos.
Anyday, everyday.

As for this match,
Thor wins both.

Odinforce >>>> Thanos' tech I read the fight and have no idea what you are basing this off of.

celestialdemon
Thor wins both.

Nihilist
1.Thanos.

2.Thor.

KuRuPT Thanosi
1. Thanos
2. The DA is just too much for Thanos to overcome.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He has never bested him in combat. he was winning but Thanos has been upgraded since their last battle.

Are you actually trying to debate that Thanos can defeat Odin in combat?

Okay, he doesn't have any Galaxy busting feats etc. for a time now, but seriously?

No matter how you look at it.

Odin > Thanos

By a margin. How big a margin depends on what feats you take into account etc.

Kris Blaze

In my opinion Classic Thor will give Thanos a decent enough fight if Thor went all out. It wouldn't be far fetched to say Current Thor wins the first scenario but that's not to say, Thanos can't win.

OneDumbG0
Based on Belt of Strength-amped, Odinforce-armored classic Thor's decisive victory over an Illumination Stone/Chalice of Ruins-amped Thanos clone in the Tears of the Gods storyline, it's very arguable that Odinforce Thor wins over Thanos.

Unless you are of the opinion that a BoS-amped, Odinforce-armored classic Thor is stronger than Odinforce Thor. Or unless you are of the opinion that an Illumination Stone/Chalice of Ruins-amped is significantly weaker than unamped Thanos.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

thumb up

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Based on Belt of Strength-amped, Odinforce-armored classic Thor's decisive victory over an Illumination Stone/Chalice of Ruins-amped Thanos clone in the Tears of the Gods storyline, it's very arguable that Odinforce Thor wins over Thanos.

Unless you are of the opinion that a BoS-amped, Odinforce-armored classic Thor is stronger than Odinforce Thor. Or unless you are of the opinion that an Illumination Stone/Chalice of Ruins-amped is significantly weaker than unamped Thanos.

To further add on to your argument, the Thanos clone with all those items was capable of destroying the unvierse supposedly.

Silent Master
1. Not sure
2. Thor

Enyalus

Odinforce Thor > Thor during that arc, true.

But I believe Thanos does point out during Infinity Abyss that that clone was a weaker model. And while the clone did have amps, wasn't it only with regard to unleashing waves of death throughout the universe, or something along those lines? Its been a little while since I've read it. I do remember Thanos' blasts going right through Thor's Odinforce amping shield, though.

Two reasons why I don't believe the "Classic Thor should put up a good fight against Thanos." Thanos has already beaten Classic Thor while he was being aided by the rest of the Avengers. This was pre-first-death Thanos. Secondly, even while Thor was in WM and amped by the Power Gem, Thanos had the advantage in their combat (look at the exchange and you'll see Thanos not only landed more blows but floored Thor more times than Thor floored Thanos.) Thirdly, if you look at the entire Walker the Death God arc (I don't recall the actual title of the storyline) Thanos is portrayed as being more powerful there, as well. The real kicker is with Odin. Thanos took him on two hours after expending energy fighting the aforementioned amped Thor, as well as wiping out the Asgardian army. He did well, all things considered (don't worry, I won't be Quan and say he could've beat him.) Thor, on the other hand, has been one-shot by Odin. The power difference between Thor and Thanos is incredibly noticable. Hell, even in Infinity War, Quasar casts his quantum shields over Thanos and the Infinity Watch. The rest of the heroes attempt to break into it, launching energy blasts, etc. Thor tosses Mjolnir at it. Nothing happens. Not even a scratch. Thanos shatters the shielding easily with one blast.

Thanos wipes the floor with Classic Thor, Surfer, Superman, and any other high herald barring plot devices or unusual showings. He's in a different class of power. IE, above high-herald.

Silent Master
Thor wasn't in true WM during Blood & Thunder. I believe Odin commented on it during the arc.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Silent Master
Thor wasn't in true WM during Blood & Thunder. I believe Odin commented on it during the arc.
Odin's wishful thinking.

Silent Master
No, it wasn't true warrior's madness. Odin caused it by his tampering with Thor's mind, IIRC he flat out states this in the book.

OneDumbG0
Odinforce Thor > Thor during that arc, true.

But I believe Thanos does point out during Infinity Abyss that that clone was a weaker model. And while the clone did have amps, wasn't it only with regard to unleashing waves of death throughout the universe, or something along those lines? Its been a little while since I've read it. I do remember Thanos' blasts going right through Thor's Odinforce amping shield, though.

Two reasons why I don't believe the "Classic Thor should put up a good fight against Thanos." Thanos has already beaten Classic Thor while he was being aided by the rest of the Avengers. This was pre-first-death Thanos. Secondly, even while Thor was in WM and amped by the Power Gem, Thanos had the advantage in their combat (look at the exchange and you'll see Thanos not only landed more blows but floored Thor more times than Thor floored Thanos.) Thirdly, if you look at the entire Walker the Death God arc (I don't recall the actual title of the storyline) Thanos is portrayed as being more powerful there, as well. The real kicker is with Odin. Thanos took him on two hours after expending energy fighting the aforementioned amped Thor, as well as wiping out the Asgardian army. He did well, all things considered (don't worry, I won't be Quan and say he could've beat him.) Thor, on the other hand, has been one-shot by Odin. The power difference between Thor and Thanos is incredibly noticable. Hell, even in Infinity War, Quasar casts his quantum shields over Thanos and the Infinity Watch. The rest of the heroes attempt to break into it, launching energy blasts, etc. Thor tosses Mjolnir at it. Nothing happens. Not even a scratch. Thanos shatters the shielding easily with one blast.

Thanos wipes the floor with Classic Thor, Surfer, Superman, and any other high herald barring plot devices or unusual showings. He's in a different class of power. IE, above high-herald. uhuh

Walks away quietly in contemplation...

iceman24567
1. Thanos
2. Thor

Enyalus
uhuh

Walks away quietly in contemplation...
big grin
Originally posted by iceman24567
1. Thanos
2. Thor
thumb up

quanchi112
Are you actually trying to debate that Thanos can defeat Odin in combat?

Okay, he doesn't have any Galaxy busting feats etc. for a time now, but seriously?

No matter how you look at it.

Odin > Thanos

By a margin. How big a margin depends on what feats you take into account etc. Yes, he could.

Collateral damage doesn't make someone more powerful imo especially when we have a battle between these characters take place.

Thanos increased his power after their skirmish and Odin failed to put Thanos down then so

Thanos>Odin.

Mekrob
^

Terrific logic!

Anyway, Thanos wins the first, and loses the second.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mekrob
^

Terrific logic!

Anyway, Thanos wins the first, and loses the second. One character has gained power since their only battle and one hasn't. Simple, really.

Mekrob

Unless you are of the opinion that a BoS-amped, Odinforce-armored classic Thor is stronger than Odinforce Thor. Or unless you are of the opinion that an Illumination Stone/Chalice of Ruins-amped is significantly weaker than unamped Thanos. The problem with that battle though, is that Thor never beat the fully amped Thanos.
He crushed his power source in the fight, and then smoked him.

While technically he did beat Thanos upgraded, it was the definition of plot induced stupidity to do so.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, he could.

Collateral damage doesn't make someone more powerful imo especially when we have a battle between these characters take place.

Thanos increased his power after their skirmish and Odin failed to put Thanos down then so

Thanos>Odin.

Collateral damage?

Show me Thanos doing something akin as destroying an entire Galaxy or unleashing that type of power.

Odin has fluctuated from one level of power to another in his entire career. Mostly depending on how powerful he needs to be for each story.

He can go from shattering entire Galaxies, reigniting dead suns, shaking the fabric of the Multiverse, to his fight with Thanos.....

It's not like Odin was using all the power he had. He was simply surprised that his attack which one shotted Silver Surfer, didn't put Thanos down, and that the Mad Titan kept getting up.

That doesn't mean Odin "can't" put Thanos down. He just didn't try hard enough.

I mean seriously, the fact that Asgard basically shows the difference.

I can't believe you actually think, that based on the rules and their showings that Thanos is superior to Odin.

laughing

quanchi112
Collateral damage?

Show me Thanos doing something akin as destroying an entire Galaxy or unleashing that type of power.

Odin has fluctuated from one level of power to another in his entire career. Mostly depending on how powerful he needs to be for each story.

He can go from shattering entire Galaxies, reigniting dead suns, shaking the fabric of the Multiverse, to his fight with Thanos.....

It's not like Odin was using all the power he had. He was simply surprised that his attack which one shotted Silver Surfer, didn't put Thanos down, and that the Mad Titan kept getting up.

That doesn't mean Odin "can't" put Thanos down. He just didn't try hard enough.

I mean seriously, the fact that Asgard basically shows the difference.

I can't believe you actually think, that based on the rules and their showings that Thanos is superior to Odin.

laughing It varies from writer to writer. Thanos wasn't far off Odin in their fight. Thanos has been upgraded since then as well. Odin admitted he was out to kill Thanos and even thought he had done so. Odin respected Thanos and even said as much.

You can't even prove Odin can defeat Thanos let alone after his power was increased after marvel's the end.

We don't ignore direct comparisons to prove a character beats the other one in comics. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ares834
1. Thanos
2. Thor

Badabing
1. Thor

2. Thor

Rage.Of.Olympus
It varies from writer to writer. Thanos wasn't far off Odin in their fight. Thanos has been upgraded since then as well. Odin admitted he was out to kill Thanos and even thought he had done so. Odin respected Thanos and even said as much.

You can't even prove Odin can defeat Thanos let alone after his power was increased after marvel's the end.

We don't ignore direct comparisons to prove a character beats the other one in comics. roll eyes (sarcastic)

facepalm

He wasn't far off from Odin in that fight?

Thanos didn't phase Odin and Odin was smacking him around. Thanos was able to pull himself back up, but that's about it.

What direct comparisons?

You yourself just stated he fluctuates and that's true, but in these boards, we use the characters here to their best of abilities and plot induced stupidity is ignored, meaning, Odin caves Thanos' head in.

quanchi112
facepalm

He wasn't far off from Odin in that fight?

Thanos didn't phase Odin and Odin was smacking him around. Thanos was able to pull himself back up, but that's about it.

What direct comparisons?

You yourself just stated he fluctuates and that's true, but in these boards, we use the characters here to their best of abilities and plot induced stupidity is ignored, meaning, Odin caves Thanos' head in. Odin and Thanos both really didn't phase each other until he got out gungir. Then he still didn't defeat Thanos. Sure, Odin was winning, but he still never put Thanos down.

No, I said writer to writer has different visions of Odin. The one writer who compared the two had them as peers. Odin's words also support me. No surprise really.

Thanos since his upgrade is greater than Odin imo.

h1a8
Thanos battle with Odin is pure PIS. That fight was like Superman almost getting koed by a gas station. Odin could have beaten Thanos by merely cursing him taking away his powers, or many many other options.

kgkg
1. Thanos
2. Thanos gets owned hard

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
Thanos battle with Odin is pure PIS. That fight was like Superman almost getting koed by a gas station. Odin could have beaten Thanos by merely cursing him taking away his powers, or many many other options. Fight is canon. Even though you might dislike it the writers decide what we use not you or me.

skyfather
1.Thanos(current Thor has done nothing that puts him over Thanos, just seems like everybody is jumping on the bandwagon.
2.Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin and Thanos both really didn't phase each other until he got out gungir. Then he still didn't defeat Thanos. Sure, Odin was winning, but he still never put Thanos down.

No, I said writer to writer has different visions of Odin. The one writer who compared the two had them as peers. Odin's words also support me. No surprise really.

Thanos since his upgrade is greater than Odin imo.

Again facepalm

So you're basing you're opinion on their levels of power, on their one encounter when you as I know that Odin's level of power fluctuates extremely as the story requires, and that based on his higher feats, that fight was utter PIS. Even then, Odin wasn't exactly unleashing his full power on Thanos, and was just surprised that he kept getting up.

Gungir, is just a weapon through which Odin channels his power. Like Odin showed against Absorbing Man, it's rather worthless unless you're Odin. Odin was phasing Thanos before he got out Gungir. Re-read the issue. Odin downed Thanos more than a few times. He just kept getting up, but that doesn't mean Odin cannot put Thanos down.

I thought that in these boards we use the characters are their best, and we exclude writer biased and the other crap that usually affects stories.

The majority of Odin's higher showings support that Odin "WTFSTOMPS" Thanos.

quanchi112
Again facepalm

So you're basing you're opinion on their levels of power, on their one encounter when you as I know that Odin's level of power fluctuates extremely as the story requires, and that based on his higher feats, that fight was utter PIS. Even then, Odin wasn't exactly unleashing his full power on Thanos, and was just surprised that he kept getting up.

Gungir, is just a weapon through which Odin channels his power. Like Odin showed against Absorbing Man, it's rather worthless unless you're Odin. Odin was phasing Thanos before he got out Gungir. Re-read the issue. Odin downed Thanos more than a few times. He just kept getting up, but that doesn't mean Odin cannot put Thanos down.

I thought that in these boards we use the characters are their best, and we exclude writer biased and the other crap that usually affects stories.

The majority of Odin's higher showings support that Odin "WTFSTOMPS" Thanos. Prove he wasn't exactly unleashing his full power. To say something that ignorant you have to ignore the context of the story and Odin's words.

Odin wasn't visibly having an effect on Thanos until he pulled out gungir. You need to reread it if you think he was really damaging him before hand.

We don't ignore Thanos and Odin's confrontation to support your views. Thanos has been upgraded after this battle as well and you keep refusing to acknowledge that either. smile

DarkOdin
Prove he wasn't exactly unleashing his full power. To say something that ignorant you have to ignore the context of the story and Odin's words.

Odin wasn't visibly having an effect on Thanos until he pulled out gungir. You need to reread it if you think he was really damaging him before hand.

We don't ignore Thanos and Odin's confrontation to support your views. Thanos has been upgraded after this battle as well and you keep refusing to acknowledge that either. smile

Odin unleashing his full power will cause him to become weak and enter the odin sleep Odin was not taxed at all from the battle.

He rocked thanos befroe gungir and rocked him more with it. We all know thanos lost get over it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Odin unleashing his full power will cause him to become weak and enter the odin sleep Odin was not taxed at all from the battle.

He rocked thanos befroe gungir and rocked him more with it. We all know thanos lost get over it. No.

Thanos wasn't taxed and fully recovered after this battle on his own.

No, the only time he visibly affected Thanos was after he brought out gungir. He didn't lose he was losing.

Philosophía
Thor shoves a pole up Thanos's ass.

DarkOdin
No.

Thanos wasn't taxed and fully recovered after this battle on his own.

No, the only time he visibly affected Thanos was after he brought out gungir. He didn't lose he was losing.

He was losing a battle that ended lol so we will call it a tko maybe laughing

He losed

Odin back handed thanos and blasted before he called gungir and thanos got throw around.

Ya thanos standing up showed he was fully recovered laughing

Enyalus

Silent Master
Again facepalm

The majority of Odin's higher showings support that Odin "WTFSTOMPS" Thanos.

To use an extreme example, if he were a Spider-man fanboy he would be saying much the same about the Spider-man/Firelord fight.

Doom and Gloom
Scenario 1-Thanos wins
Scenario 2-Thor/Destroyer wins

D-Block

OneDumbG0
The problem with that battle though, is that Thor never beat the fully amped Thanos.
He crushed his power source in the fight, and then smoked him.

While technically he did beat Thanos upgraded, it was the definition of plot induced stupidity to do so. And if I recall, Thanos was pounding Thor with his power and basically shredded his shield and armor that Odin made for him by the time Thor managed to get close enough to destroy the Stone of Illumination.Originally posted by Badabing
1. Thor

2. Thor I pretty much agree with this.

KuRuPT Thanosi
And if I recall, Thanos was pounding Thor with his power and basically shredded his shield and armor that Odin made for him by the time Thor managed to get close enough to destroy the Stone of Illumination.I pretty much agree with this.

Your saying Thor with amps beating a clone with amps is why you have Thor winning fight no1? Fight no.2 I think all agree Thor wins. However, if you wanna go by past battles Thanos has handled Thor with relative ease in the past. Yes that isn't current Thor but Thanos has also gone through upgrades as well. So, I see nothing that tells me Thor beats Thanos any day of the week. Sure he'll put up a good fight and probably hurt thanos some. However, Thanos's durability and power output will win the day.

frommd
Well Destroyer has also easily handled Thor in the past. Current Thor took him out.

Not out of the realm of possibility to say Current Thor wins. I still think Thanos gets the majority, but we really haven't seen Current Thor tested fully yet to know his capabilities/limitations. Thanos 6-7/10.

Destroyer Thor wins 10/10.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Your saying Thor with amps beating a clone with amps is why you have Thor winning fight no1? Fight no.2 I think all agree Thor wins. However, if you wanna go by past battles Thanos has handled Thor with relative ease in the past. Yes that isn't current Thor but Thanos has also gone through upgrades as well. So, I see nothing that tells me Thor beats Thanos any day of the week. Sure he'll put up a good fight and probably hurt thanos some. However, Thanos's durability and power output will win the day. That's the key point. We're not talking about classic Thor. Thor received an immense increase in power that has so far been tested and proven in a few occasions. The limits of those upgrades have not. I've never seen Thanos' ambiguous increase quantified on any scale. Either way, nobody ever said current Thor beats Thanos any day of the week. But as I said before, it's extremely arguable based on feats, even without relying on the sole fact that he possesses the full Odinpower.

Mekrob
And if I recall, Thanos was pounding Thor with his power and basically shredded his shield and armor that Odin made for him by the time Thor managed to get close enough to destroy the Stone of Illumination. I realize that. Thor managed to get close to him while Thanos was trying to destroy the universe, and hitting him with energy with iirc his other hand, or eyes.

However, he only managed to defeat Thanos via Resident Evil glaring weakness. If the dangle wasn't there, Thor would have never won that fight.

Which is the PIS at its best, no?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Prove he wasn't exactly unleashing his full power. To say something that ignorant you have to ignore the context of the story and Odin's words.

It's blatantly obvious if you know who Odin is and what he has done. It's not my fault if you don't know what Odin is capable off.

The context of that story and Odin's words?

What in Odin's words, proves that he was unleashing his full might?

His attacks didn't even level all of Asgard, while in the past, the simple unleashing of his power has destroyed things on a Galactic scale.

Wasn't affecting him before he brought out Gungir?

Did we read the same fight?

Gungir is also nothing but a tool Odin uses to channel his power. He is no more less powerful without it.

Do you have the recollection of a gold fish?

Like we both said, Odin's power is fluctuates depending on the story. Some times it is said he severely holds back, or he needs the Odin Sleep etc. Whatever the excuse, it fluctuates.

Based on his overall feats, and based on the rules of these boards, where characters are used at their better power, Odin, caves Thanos' head in.

I'm not refusing to acknowledge anything. It's just you who seems to be ignorant of the fact that Odin, based on his showings, spanks Thanos in a fight.

iceman24567
Stop trying to reason with Quan you will end up flooding the thread everybody knows Odin is above Thanos but fanboys no expression. As for this thread current Thor won't take a majority over Thanos but in the destroyer armor he should win.

Mekrob
everybody knows Odin is above Thanos but fanboys no expression. not plural.

Only Quan thinks Thanos is above Odin... based on something...

iceman24567
not plural.

Only Quan thinks Thanos is above Odin... based on something... My bad sad. Ok based on Quans fanboy wet dreams which isn't proof at all

quanchi112

quanchi112
It's blatantly obvious if you know who Odin is and what he has done. It's not my fault if you don't know what Odin is capable off.

The context of that story and Odin's words?

What in Odin's words, proves that he was unleashing his full might?

His attacks didn't even level all of Asgard, while in the past, the simple unleashing of his power has destroyed things on a Galactic scale.

Wasn't affecting him before he brought out Gungir?

Gungir is also nothing but a tool Odin uses to channel his power. He is no more less powerful without it.

Do you have the recollection of a gold fish?

Like we both said, Odin's power is fluctuates depending on the story. Some times it is said he severely holds back, or he needs the Odin Sleep etc. Whatever the excuse, it fluctuates.

Based on his overall feats, and based on the rules of these boards, where characters are used at their better power, Odin, caves Thanos' head in.

I'm not refusing to acknowledge anything. It's just you who seems to be ignorant of the fact that Odin, based on his showings, spanks Thanos in a fight. The fact that his son was being held captive. The fact that asgard was being invaded. The fact that Odin was trying to kill Thanos. The fact Odin saluted him as a worthy opponent not someone he was screwing around with. erm

Asgard was being leveled. You continue to show complete and total ignorance of their actual battle. Reread the comic before you post any other falsehoods.

Thanos and Odin exchanged blasts and what not. When Odin pulled out gungir he gained an advantage. Odin wouldn't pull a weapon out if it wouldn't help him.

The only fight we have to see how these two characters matchup is the one fight from blood and thunder. Just because he doesn't wreck a galaxy that doesn't mean he was holding back.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Common sense tells me to just give up since this is hopeless, but I haven't lost hope that you still retain some common sense and I will continue.

The fact that his son was being held captive. The fact that asgard was being invaded. The fact that Odin was trying to kill Thanos. The fact Odin saluted him as a worthy opponent not someone he was screwing around with. erm

Odin wasn't using all the power at his disposal to put down Thanos. He even told Thanos to yield.

If you think that was Odin using all of his power, based on some of his feats, then I can't help you there.

Odin said it's been Eons since he has fought such a foe. Big whoop. Odin has faced bigger and badder.

Asgard was being leveled. You continue to show complete and total ignorance of their actual battle. Reread the comic before you post any other falsehoods.

Dude, their fight destroyed a few buildings. Odin unleashing his power destroys things on a galactic scale.

What's their to re-read?

He sent Thanos flying through some buildings, and went on to destroy a few surrounding buildings.

Yea, that was Odin unleashing his power....

Thanos and Odin exchanged blasts and what not. When Odin pulled out gungir he gained an advantage. Odin wouldn't pull a weapon out if it wouldn't help him.

facepalm

I don't even know why I bother.

Gungnir is nothing but a tool Odin uses to channel his power. It's nothing of any great significance.

He just uses it to channel his power and nothing more. The power is all Odin. He simply channels it through Gungnir.

The only fight we have to see how these two characters matchup is the one fight from blood and thunder. Just because he doesn't wreck a galaxy that doesn't mean he was holding back.

I don't even think you actually even read my posts. Did you miss what I've been writing in the last few posts?

Odin's powers fluctuate. Based on his overall showings, and seeing as how based on these boards rules, we use Odin at his better, and not when his downgraded to fit the plot or holds back 95% of his power to fit the plot.

Odin unleashing his power as shown stomps Thanos. We aren't using that showing and that showing alone which doesn't match with his other feats of power just because you have wet dreams of Thanos.

Enyalus
Yo Rage,

Do you think any one of the Enchanters is more powerful than Thanos? I don't. Yet, Odin had better feats when he put Forsung (sp?) down.

quanchi112
Common sense tells me to just give up since this is hopeless, but I haven't lost hope that you still retain some common sense and I will continue.

Odin wasn't using all the power at his disposal to put down Thanos. He even told Thanos to yield.

If you think that was Odin using all of his power, based on some of his feats, then I can't help you there.

Odin said it's been Eons since he has fought such a foe. Big whoop. Odin has faced bigger and badder.

Dude, their fight destroyed a few buildings. Odin unleashing his power destroys things on a galactic scale.

What's their to re-read?

He sent Thanos flying through some buildings, and went on to destroy a few surrounding buildings.

Yea, that was Odin unleashing his power....

facepalm

I don't even know why I bother.

Gungnir is nothing but a tool Odin uses to channel his power. It's nothing of any great significance.

He just uses it to channel his power and nothing more. The power is all Odin. He simply channels it through Gungnir.

I don't even think you actually even read my posts. Did you miss what I've been writing in the last few posts?

Odin's powers fluctuate. Based on his overall showings, and seeing as how based on these boards rules, we use Odin at his better, and not when his downgraded to fit the plot or holds back 95% of his power to fit the plot.

Odin unleashing his power as shown stomps Thanos. We aren't using that showing and that showing alone which doesn't match with his other feats of power just because you have wet dreams of Thanos. I gave up on you a long time ago.

He gave Thanos the option to yield when he realized he was still alive. I am beginning to question whether you read it or not.

Yes, I do. Characters don't have to destroy planets to go all out. Sentry went all out against Hulk yet they didn't even wreck the city they were in. Collateral damage is a horrible argument.

Good to know you are going to ignore Odin's words and the situation they were in to sell this farce of yours.

Odin didn't even destroy one galaxy against the Celestials. By your logic then he held back and didn't go all out. Horrible, horrible logic.

They said when Thanos went flying that they were going to destroy all of asgard before they were finished.

Gungir focused his energy to pack more of a punch. That explains why he pulled it out and why Thanos went flying when blasted as opposed to standing there while Odin was blasting him with his hands.

We don't ignore comics and focus on galaxies being destroyed when that doesn't happen in all of his fights. Hell, it didn't happen when he took on the celestials. The Celestials easily wrecked him yet no suns went nova and no galaxies were destroyed.

Also when has Odin destroyed a galaxy on his own?

You said it perfectly.
We aren't usng that showing. Stay in denial if you want to. I don't ignore comics to sell my points.

quanchi112
Yo Rage,

Do you think any one of the Enchanters is more powerful than Thanos? I don't. Yet, Odin had better feats when he put Forsung (sp?) down. Odin looked more powerful against Seth than anyone he ever faced affecting the multiverse. By his logic then he held back against the Celestials.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I gave up on you a long time ago.

He gave Thanos the option to yield when he realized he was still alive. I am beginning to question whether you read it or not.

Yes, I do. Characters don't have to destroy planets to go all out. Sentry went all out against Hulk yet they didn't even wreck the city they were in. Collateral damage is a horrible argument.

Good to know you are going to ignore Odin's words and the situation they were in to sell this farce of yours.

Odin didn't even destroy one galaxy against the Celestials. By your logic then he held back and didn't go all out. Horrible, horrible logic.

They said when Thanos went flying that they were going to destroy all of asgard before they were finished.

Gungir focused his energy to pack more of a punch. That explains why he pulled it out and why Thanos went flying when blasted as opposed to standing there while Odin was blasting him with his hands.

We don't ignore comics and focus on galaxies being destroyed when that doesn't happen in all of his fights. Hell, it didn't happen when he took on the celestials. The Celestials easily wrecked him yet no suns went nova and no galaxies were destroyed.

Also when has Odin destroyed a galaxy on his own?

Are you blind?

I'm not ignoring it. I'm saying that based on how Odin is portrayed at times, on his overall feats of power, and based on these boards rules, Odin caves Thanos' head in.

I'm not ignoring anything. I'm reading the issue as we speak, and it's obviously not Odin at his best etc. and like his other stories he is at times portrayed to hold back etc. It's just common sense.

After the initial attack, Odin even while using his hands sent Thanos rocking etc. Gungnir only channels his power. Nothing more.

I know collateral damage is not the definition of power output in all cases but the sheer difference of power is obvious and when the gap is that big, it obviously says something. Christ.....

Odin should have done better against the Celestials.

You said it perfectly.
We aren't usng that showing. Stay in denial if you want to. I don't ignore comics to sell my points.

confused

I never said that.....

You know what, lets agree to disagree. I'm obviously not getting through to you.

h1a8
Fight is canon. Even though you might dislike it the writers decide what we use not you or me.

So Spiderman>Firelord since it is canon.

Note: canon and pis have two different meanings. Pis is not allowed.

Mindset

Note: canon and pis have two different meanings. Pis is not allowed. What are the two meanings?

celestialdemon

thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus

Quan can't comprehend that level of logic.

iceman24567
Quan owned by everybody LOL

kgkg
Quan is wrong here but how is he getting owned?

iceman24567
Being wrong = owned no expression

kgkg
Being wrong = owned no expression When someone proves it.

I saw an example of Spiderman/Firelord example which does not apply.

Any particular things people said that made you think Quan got owned? Cuz i don't

Enyalus
Being wrong = owned no expression
If that were the case, I own everyone in every thread I post in.

iceman24567
eek!

Enyalus
eek!
Face it, just like Brian Braddock, I wear the amulet of right.

OneDumbG0
Thanos since his upgrade is greater than Odin imo. facepalmOriginally posted by Mekrob
I realize that. Thor managed to get close to him while Thanos was trying to destroy the universe, and hitting him with energy with iirc his other hand, or eyes.

However, he only managed to defeat Thanos via Resident Evil glaring weakness. If the dangle wasn't there, Thor would have never won that fight.

Which is the PIS at its best, no? No, I don't agree. Had Thanos never made use of the Stone of Illumination's power against Thor, I would agree. But he did. And he did to such an extent, that he pretty much destroyed a good portion of Thor's amp as well.

Compare this fight and Captain Marvel's fight against Thanos with the Cosmic Cube. The Cosmic Cube was just lying there on the roof and after getting batted around by CC-Thanos' power, Captain Marvel happened to find himself next to it and destroyed it. This is very similar to when Nebula stole the IG. It was just lying there. Sure, Nebula got her butt handed to her by the IG's power all throughout, but in that instant, IG-Thanos simply did not apply his power against Nebula to protect it. I think these situations are what you are considering.

The distinction I find between this fight and those instances is that Thor didn't happen to find himself next to the Stone of Illumination, completely unprotected. He had to wade directly through SoI-Thanos's attacks which were amped in order to reach the Stone of Illumination. Both Captain Marvel and Nebula happened to find themselves next to Thanos' source of power. Thor had to fight his way to Thanos' source of power, while Thanos was using it against him. Thoughts?

KuRuPT Thanosi
^^^^^ Yes but your still using a clone of thanos with an amp and his attention diverted against classic Thor with an amp. That to me says nothing about how this fight would go.

Now Rage... I honestly don't think you owned Quan in the least. I don't agree that Thanos beats Odin either. I think it's a close fight with Odin maybe taking the slight majority. However, your arguments are really suspect...

Your using collateral damage as your basis to how much power Odin was using. That is such faulty logic it's not even funny. Odin clearly stated he was going to kill thanos... He was invading Asgard and had his some held captive. It's quite clear he was out for the kill and to put thanos down. So, to say then he was holding back.. show me proof of him holding back. Show me where it says this or even implies this? You can't and thus your argument holds no water. Your basing your argument of how other writers protray odin and write fights and you think that is a sound argument... Its not.

Then your tying to say Gungir offers no added power to Odin... Again that goes against logic and reason. Clearly, it offers him some benefit or why else would he bring it out. It clearly makes his attack more powerful and that is evidenced by him gaining the advantage on Thanos when he brought it out. It's clear it was brought out for a reason not just for show like your trying to imply. So, again I actually think you got owned in this argument with your horrible logic. I think Quan goes overboard in his thanos love and is bias. however, some of the things you stated which I referenced are just as bad.

OneDumbG0
^^^^^ Yes but your still using a clone of thanos with an amp and his attention diverted against classic Thor with an amp. That to me says nothing about how this fight would go.Thanos' attention was not diverted. He was looking at Thor. He was blasting Thor. He was talking to Thor. How is his attention diverted? And unless you think a Stone of Illumination and Chalice of Tears enhanced-Thanos clone is far weaker than current Thanos or that Odinforce Thor is far weaker than Odin-armored + Belt of Strength classic Thor, then there is value in extrapolating from that fight.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos' attention was not diverted. He was looking at Thor. He was blasting Thor. He was talking to Thor. How is his attention diverted? And unless you think a Stone of Illumination and Chalice of Tears enhanced-Thanos clone is far weaker than current Thanos or that Odinforce Thor is far weaker than Odin-armored + Belt of Strength classic Thor, then there is value in extrapolating from that fight.

Hey One,

I pretty much agree with most of what you said in your post but that has always been the case. I think you can extrapolate exactly what you have but that still isn't a good measuring bar for how current thor does against current thanos. I'm sure you would agree with this. Those amps can't be quantified in a way that would let us know how it strong it made them compared to their current versions. Thor as you say has been upgraded and thanos has been upgraded and both are really still hard to define. It stands to reason both are more powerful and I would even venture that maybe Thor got a bigger upgrade. However, can you say whether a Thanos clone would be able to use the amps it had like regular Thanos would? Nobody can say one way or another but it's logical to think and what has been said about that clone from Thanos's own mouth that the clone was certainly inferior to Thanos. Thus, trying to gather and quantify information from that fight and compare it to current versions is a tough thing imo. I see what your saying I just don't think you can gather very much with how much the variables are different.

On another note One, what do you think of the arguments between Quan and Rage? Do you feel like Rage does that... 1. Odin wasn't out for the kill or trying hard? 2. Basing this on the lack of collateral damage? 3. Gungir doesn't increase Odin's attack at all and is more for show then go?

Enyalus
I think it was pretty clear that Odin never used his full power. He was ready to fight on and without a scratch on him. He also didn't need the Odinsleep afterwards. So, I don't believe Thanos pushed Odin to the brink or anything, but that Odin was greatly surprised that he hadn't been put down yet, and was reluctant to release his full power (because of being unavailable afterwards.)

Most recent Thanos shown vs. Odin in a rematch would be a very good fight, IMO.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I think it was pretty clear that Odin never used his full power. He was ready to fight on and without a scratch on him. He also didn't need the Odinsleep afterwards. So, I don't believe Thanos pushed Odin to the brink or anything, but that Odin was greatly surprised that he hadn't been put down yet, and was reluctant to release his full power (because of being unavailable afterwards.)

Most recent Thanos shown vs. Odin in a rematch would be a very good fight, IMO.

I never said he used his full power. However, he clearly was out for the kill and ever said so. He also had reason to be pissed in that asgard was being invaded and his son was held captive. So, to say he wasn't excerting himself to me contradicts what was shown on panel. I agree he wasn't putting everything he had into the fight cool. However, when he pulls out his special weapon to get the job done clearly he's trying to put away or kill his opponent.

quanchi112
Are you blind?

I'm not ignoring it. I'm saying that based on how Odin is portrayed at times, on his overall feats of power, and based on these boards rules, Odin caves Thanos' head in.

I'm not ignoring anything. I'm reading the issue as we speak, and it's obviously not Odin at his best etc. and like his other stories he is at times portrayed to hold back etc. It's just common sense.

After the initial attack, Odin even while using his hands sent Thanos rocking etc. Gungnir only channels his power. Nothing more.

I know collateral damage is not the definition of power output in all cases but the sheer difference of power is obvious and when the gap is that big, it obviously says something. Christ.....

Odin should have done better against the Celestials.

confused

I never said that.....

You know what, lets agree to disagree. I'm obviously not getting through to you. Ok, here goes. I want you to take a look at some scans for me.

Here is the Sentry battling Genis. It says in the scan that their was enough power being released to shred entire worlds.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/NewThunderbolts014page14-1.jpg

Here is a little bit later where Sentry clearly stated he was even holding back.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/NewThunderbolts014page18-1.jpg

Now here is the Sentry clearly using more power than he ever has been against the WW Hulk.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/wwh016-1.jpg

Wow, even though the energy is clearly all over the place the city remains intact. Hmmmm. One writer had the Sentry while holding back using enough energy to shred an entire world while another writer had him go all out and yet the city remained. Do we ignore the writer's intent despite the lack of collateral damage.

According to you this would mean he exerted less power.

Now, let's take a look at Odin.

Here is Odin in the destroyer armor up against his greatest threat the Celestials.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Thor_300-27.jpg

Now let's take a look at his fight against Seth.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Journey_Into_Mystery_513_05.jpg

Hmmmmm. He was affecting the entire multiverse against Seth while he wasn't even at full power and his memory was still hazy. Against the Celestials he got his ass handed to him and a galaxy wasn't even destroyed.

Two different writers with two different situations. Do we suggest that Odin used more power against Seth than against the Celestials. Sure, if you want to say f--- you to common sense and the writer's intent.

We know it's clear that the Celestials are much more powerful than Odin and despite the lack of destruction that Odin was going all out.

Odin was going all out against Thanos despite the lack of destruction as well. Everything I said was spot on.

quanchi112
facepalmNo, I don't agree. Had Thanos never made use of the Stone of Illumination's power against Thor, I would agree. But he did. And he did to such an extent, that he pretty much destroyed a good portion of Thor's amp as well.

Compare this fight and Captain Marvel's fight against Thanos with the Cosmic Cube. The Cosmic Cube was just lying there on the roof and after getting batted around by CC-Thanos' power, Captain Marvel happened to find himself next to it and destroyed it. This is very similar to when Nebula stole the IG. It was just lying there. Sure, Nebula got her butt handed to her by the IG's power all throughout, but in that instant, IG-Thanos simply did not apply his power against Nebula to protect it. I think these situations are what you are considering.

The distinction I find between this fight and those instances is that Thor didn't happen to find himself next to the Stone of Illumination, completely unprotected. He had to wade directly through SoI-Thanos's attacks which were amped in order to reach the Stone of Illumination. Both Captain Marvel and Nebula happened to find themselves next to Thanos' source of power. Thor had to fight his way to Thanos' source of power, while Thanos was using it against him. Thoughts? Thanos' power has increased since their first battle. I still don't understand why you are comparing a clone to the real Thanos.

celestialdemon

Odin was going all out against Thanos despite the lack of destruction as well. Everything I said was spot on.

Odin was not going all out against Thanos. Like I've told you before, we've actually seen him do far more impressive things than just a few simple blasts. Plus, he wasn't exhausted in the least bit like he has been against more powerful enemies.

quanchi112
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Odin was not going all out against Thanos. Like I've told you before, we've actually seen him do far more impressive things than just a few simple blasts. Plus, he wasn't exhausted in the least bit like he has been against more powerful enemies. Read the above post, brah. It's covered. The situation, Odin's respect for Thanos, the love of his son, and Odin outright admitting he wants to kill Thanos is proof of this.

You have no proof whatsover. Oh and if it's because of the lack of destruction read my response to rage where I slaughter that horrible line of reasoning.

Silent Master
Odin was not going all out against Thanos. Like I've told you before, we've actually seen him do far more impressive things than just a few simple blasts. Plus, he wasn't exhausted in the least bit like he has been against more powerful enemies.

I agree, there was nothing in the book that stated or implied Odin was "going all out".

quanchi112
I agree, there was nothing in the book that stated or implied Odin was "going all out". When has it ever been stated in a book that Odin went all out.

iceman24567
I agree, there was nothing in the book that stated or implied Odin was "going all out". I also agree Thanos would be dead if Odin went all out.

quanchi112
I also agree Thanos would be dead if Odin went all out. Speculation.

iceman24567
Speculation. We all are speculating no expression

celestialdemon
Read the above post, brah. It's covered. The situation, Odin's respect for Thanos, the love of his son, and Odin outright admitting he wants to kill Thanos is proof of this.

You have no proof whatsover. Oh and if it's because of the lack of destruction read my response to rage where I slaughter that horrible line of reasoning.

You didn't cover anything special. You covered collateral damage. I'm talking about Odin's attacks themselves. Odin has done far more than what he showed against Thanos. That is fact. And as what has been shown before, whenever Odin does go all out, he tires and needs to sleep. He didn't look the least bit fazed after his fight with Thanos.

quanchi112
We all are speculating no expression I just wanted to point out the facts. What we know is that Odin wanted Thanos did and he didn't do it and had more than enough time to do so.Originally posted by celestialdemon
You didn't cover anything special. You covered collateral damage. I'm talking about Odin's attacks themselves. Odin has done far more than what he showed against Thanos. That is fact. And as what has been shown before, whenever Odin does go all out, he tires and needs to sleep. He didn't look the least bit fazed after his fight with Thanos. Sentry's attacks have been far more powerful than when against WW Hulk yet the writer actually told us he went all out. I guess you didn't read my post afterall.

The fight wasn't over so had it continued who are you to say he wouldn't have needed to sleep after it actually concluded. Odin complimented Thanos and said it's been eons since he has battled with as worthy a foe as Thanos.

Most of the posters want to dismiss Odin's words and the situation because they can't handle Thanos being on his level.

iceman24567
What we know is Odin is more than capable of killing Thanos thats a fact.

celestialdemon
Sentry's attacks have been far more powerful than when against WW Hulk yet the writer actually told us he went all out. I guess you didn't read my post afterall.

The difference is what you said. We were told Sentry was going all out. That was never stated with Odin. All Odin said was Thanos was a worthy opponent. Big deal. He was a worthy opponent to Tyrant as well. Doesn't mean he was close to beating him.

The fight wasn't over so had it continued who are you to say he wouldn't have needed to sleep after it actually concluded. Odin complimented Thanos and said it's been eons since he has battled with as worthy a foe as Thanos.

You are the one who said Odin was going all out. If what he showed was going all out, then he would have needed sleep. He was fine, no scratches, no breathing heavy, nothing.

Most of the posters want to dismiss Odin's words and the situation because they can't handle Thanos being on his level.

Funny how you are so eager to use Odin's own words yet you refuse to accept Galactus' own words in his fight with Tyrant. And for the record, Thanos isn't on Odin's level until his feats show us he is.

xJLxKing
celestialdemon, watch Quan say that Thanos could have beaten Tyrant lol

celestialdemon
celestialdemon, watch Quan say that Thanos could have beaten Tyrant lol

No, Tyrant is the only guy he actually will admit Thanos loses to.

iceman24567
celestialdemon, watch Quan say that Thanos could have beaten Tyrant and Galactus lol thumb up teh shields Thanos has would tax demmmm! eek!

xJLxKing
No, Tyrant is the only guy he actually will admit Thanos loses to.
You don't know Quan?

quanchi112
The difference is what you said. We were told Sentry was going all out. That was never stated with Odin. All Odin said was Thanos was a worthy opponent. Big deal. He was a worthy opponent to Tyrant as well. Doesn't mean he was close to beating him.

You are the one who said Odin was going all out. If what he showed was going all out, then he would have needed sleep. He was fine, no scratches, no breathing heavy, nothing.

Funny how you are so eager to use Odin's own words yet you refuse to accept Galactus' own words in his fight with Tyrant. And for the record, Thanos isn't on Odin's level until his feats show us he is. Yes. We were told that when he was going all out he couldn't even take out a city while in another comic he was holding back and his attack could have destroyed a world. Inconsistencies among writers like I have been saying the entire time. One writer has Odin blowing up a galaxy while another has him affecting the multiverse while another has him owned by Celestials without any of these destructive blasts.

Odin said in eons and admitted to wanting him dead. He certainly wasn't holding back if you pay attention to his words that's for sure.

The battle wasn't finished. Odin hadn't won or lost. If the fight pressed on it's speculative as to whether he would have needed odinsleep or not.

What words am I denying or avoiding in the Galactus/Tyrant battle?

It's you who doesn't want to accept what these comics give us not me.

I guess you want to avoid Thanos and Odin's battle as well. Figures.

quanchi112
No, Tyrant is the only guy he actually will admit Thanos loses to. Thanos cannot beat Tyrant or Galactus under his own power based on the comics. I don't make up stuff I just use what the comics give me.

Enyalus
I never said he used his full power. However, he clearly was out for the kill and ever said so. He also had reason to be pissed in that asgard was being invaded and his son was held captive. So, to say he wasn't excerting himself to me contradicts what was shown on panel. I agree he wasn't putting everything he had into the fight cool. However, when he pulls out his special weapon to get the job done clearly he's trying to put away or kill his opponent.
I agree.

celestialdemon
You don't know Quan?

Only all too well.

celestialdemon
Yes. We were told that when he was going all out he couldn't even take out a city while in another comic he was holding back and his attack could have destroyed a world.

Show me the scan that says specifically that he was going all out.

Inconsistencies among writers like I have been saying the entire time. One writer has Odin blowing up a galaxy while another has him affecting the multiverse while another has him owned by Celestials without any of these destructive blasts.

Yet you are quick to jump on Odin's low showing because it makes Thanos look good instead of taking into account everything that Odin has done.

Odin said in eons and admitted to wanting him dead. He certainly wasn't holding back if you pay attention to his words that's for sure.

Where does it say he wanted him dead? I've re-read the comic, and he only says he was surprised Thanos was still alive but his doom was assured.

The battle wasn't finished. Odin hadn't won or lost. If the fight pressed on it's speculative as to whether he would have needed odinsleep or not.

We can also speculate that Odin would have killed Thanos in the next few panels. See how that works.

What words am I denying or avoiding in the Galactus/Tyrant battle?

The fact that Galactus himself stated why he decided to use tech against Tyrant, yet you make it sound like he did it out of desperation even though there is absolutely no indication of that anywhere.

It's you who doesn't want to accept what these comics give us not me.

I guess you want to avoid Thanos and Odin's battle as well. Figures.

Oh, I accept the battle just fine. I just am able to comprehend what is actually going on instead of using it as a soapbox to boast about how great my favorite character is.

quanchi112
Show me the scan that says specifically that he was going all out.

Yet you are quick to jump on Odin's low showing because it makes Thanos look good instead of taking into account everything that Odin has done.

Where does it say he wanted him dead? I've re-read the comic, and he only says he was surprised Thanos was still alive but his doom was assured.

We can also speculate that Odin would have killed Thanos in the next few panels. See how that works.

The fact that Galactus himself stated why he decided to use tech against Tyrant, yet you make it sound like he did it out of desperation even though there is absolutely no indication of that anywhere.

Oh, I accept the battle just fine. I just am able to comprehend what is actually going on instead of using it as a soapbox to boast about how great my favorite character is. It's in that post. I mean he burned himself out. LOL and you want to see a scan.

I am quick to jump on Odin and Thanos going at it because it shows us how they match up. It's like ignoring Hulk vs Thor in favor of Hulk crushing someone else. It's ludicrous.

I've posted the scan multiple times. It's in there and when Odin was shocked he was alive that clearly shows he was trying to kill him.

Yes, with what we saw Thanos could take on Odin. Thanos was on the losing end, but was surely a match for Odin.

Galactus used tech to try to win the fight. It backfired. Case closed. He also didn't use the tech first but only after he realized one of his blasts further empowered Tyrant.

I choose not to ignore the situation and Odin's dialogue like you do.

celestialdemon
It's in that post. I mean he burned himself out. LOL and you want to see a scan.

I'm not talking about Sentry. I'm talking about Odin. Show me the scan that states him going all out.

I am quick to jump on Odin and Thanos going at it because it shows us how they match up. It's like ignoring Hulk vs Thor in favor of Hulk crushing someone else. It's ludicrous.

It's not if the Hulk vs Thor fight shows Hulk being far less powerful than what he's demonstrated in the past.

I've posted the scan multiple times. It's in there and when Odin was shocked he was alive that clearly shows he was trying to kill him.

So what? He was surprised Thanos was still alive, because he thought Thanos was weaker than he originally assumed. If I swat a fly and it survives, I would be surprised, but does that mean I was going all out against it?

Yes, with what we saw Thanos could take on Odin. Thanos was on the losing end, but was surely a match for Odin.

No, he wasn't. If Thanos were a match for him, he would have at least hurt Odin even a little bit like he did with Tyrant. He didn't. The only thing that kept Thanos in that fight was his amazing durability. He was still clearly outclassed, even for a low showing of Odin.

Galactus used tech to try to win the fight. It backfired. Case closed. He also didn't use the tech first but only after he realized one of his blasts further empowered Tyrant.

There you go again. Galactus stated why he used the tech. If you accepted that like you did Odin, then you wouldn't add your own spin on it.

I choose not to ignore the situation and Odin's dialogue like you do.

No, you choose to put your own spin on it to favor Thanos like you always do (unless it's against Tyrant). I choose to take the situation along with everything else we've been shown by both characters, not just the fight itself.

iceman24567
Lol at Thanos being a match for Odin in that fight.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I'm not talking about Sentry. I'm talking about Odin. Show me the scan that states him going all out.

It's not if the Hulk vs Thor fight shows Hulk being far less powerful than what he's demonstrated in the past.

So what? He was surprised Thanos was still alive, because he thought Thanos was weaker than he originally assumed. If I swat a fly and it survives, I would be surprised, but does that mean I was going all out against it?

No, he wasn't. If Thanos were a match for him, he would have at least hurt Odin even a little bit like he did with Tyrant. He didn't. The only thing that kept Thanos in that fight was his amazing durability. He was still clearly outclassed, even for a low showing of Odin.

There you go again. Galactus stated why he used the tech. If you accepted that like you did Odin, then you wouldn't add your own spin on it.

No, you choose to put your own spin on it to favor Thanos like you always do (unless it's against Tyrant). I choose to take the situation along with everything else we've been shown by both characters, not just the fight itself.

So, your saying Odin is more durable and could beat Tyrant then? Cause Thanos clearly hurt Tyrant which makes sense since he's been upgraded and yet you don't think he could hurt Odin and give him a good run. He already gave him a good run using ODIN'S OWN WORDS which you keep choosing to ignore because you don't agree. Sorry but it's cannon

celestialdemon
So, your saying Odin is more durable and could beat Tyrant then? Cause Thanos clearly hurt Tyrant which makes sense since he's been upgraded and yet you don't think he could hurt Odin and give him a good run. He already gave him a good run using ODIN'S OWN WORDS which you keep choosing to ignore because you don't agree. Sorry but it's cannon

I think Odin could beat Tyrant. I always have.

I'm not ignoring anything. I'm going by what I saw, and what I saw is Thanos not harming Odin in the slightest while Odin looked just fine.

quanchi112

No, you choose to put your own spin on it to favor Thanos like you always do (unless it's against Tyrant). I choose to take the situation along with everything else we've been shown by both characters, not just the fight itself. You responded to me when I was talking about the Sentry. roll eyes (sarcastic) You are clearly confused.

It has never been stated in a comic that Odin has ever been all out.

You can't ignore how characters matchup against each other if they actually meet in comics. That's poor debating.

No, wrong again. He didn't think Thanos to be weak he called him the greatest opponent he had faced in eons ages prior to him realizing he survived. Keep ignoring Odin's words as it's actually humorous to me now.

When did Thanos hurt Tyrant? The fight wasn't over and it was pretty much a standoff until Odin brought out gungir. Thanos has been upgraded since the one fight they had. Odin also didn't beat him then so............

Yes, and it backfired. Galactus also blasted him and that backfired as well. Tyrant countered everything Galactus threw at him. Galactus was at his mercy unlike Thanos when battling Odin.

No, I call it right down the middle. You seem to ignore comics that don't have the outcome that best suits you.

quanchi112
I think Odin could beat Tyrant. I always have.

I'm not ignoring anything. I'm going by what I saw, and what I saw is Thanos not harming Odin in the slightest while Odin looked just fine. Thanos was prepared for Tyrant and went there with the sole purpose of testing his might against him. Thanos just happened to meet Odin on the battlefield. Thanos left his battle against Tyrant while he didn't leave his battle against Odin. This all happened in the comics and I still can't believe you claim Odin did better.

celestialdemon

It has never been stated in a comic that Odin has ever been all out.

That's what I thought, so you assuming that he was in the Thanos fight is just that...an assumption. Nothing more.

You can't ignore how characters matchup against each other if they actually meet in comics. That's poor debating.

So then, we can't ignore Spiderman vs. Firelord, right?

No, wrong again. He didn't think Thanos to be weak he called him the greatest opponent he had faced in eons ages prior to him realizing he survived. Keep ignoring Odin's words as it's actually humorous to me now.

Did you actually read the comic? Let me refresh your poor memory.

Odin is shocked that Thanos is still alive by calling him more worthy than he anticipated.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512590

Here, Odin thinks Thanos has been defeated after blasting him across Asgard.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512641

Odin salutes Thanos for the fight. NOTHING about Odin thinking Thanos is dead here.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512662

When did Thanos hurt Tyrant? The fight wasn't over and it was pretty much a standoff until Odin brought out gungir. Thanos has been upgraded since the one fight they had. Odin also didn't beat him then so............

Look at the scans of the fight. Thanos knocked Tyrant around a few times, yet he couldn't even budge Odin.

Odin knocked back Thanos a couple of times before Gungnir, so there is obviously a power difference.

So Thanos has been upgraded. That doesn't guarantee him a victory. All it means is he will do better next time. That's it, unless you can prove his upgrade has put him beyond skyfather level.

Yes, and it backfired. Galactus also blasted him and that backfired as well. Tyrant countered everything Galactus threw at him. Galactus was at his mercy unlike Thanos when battling Odin.

Again, you are assuming that a single blast is all a being of Galactus' power level can do. laughing

At his mercy? Tyrant's best attack before Galactus used tech was a scratch on the finger. THE POWER!

No, I call it right down the middle. You seem to ignore comics that don't have the outcome that best suits you.

laughing Yeah, that's why I'm not afraid to admit when my favorite character was outclassed in a fight.

celestialdemon
Thanos was prepared for Tyrant and went there with the sole purpose of testing his might against him. Thanos just happened to meet Odin on the battlefield. Thanos left his battle against Tyrant while he didn't leave his battle against Odin. This all happened in the comics and I still can't believe you claim Odin did better.

Very simple. Thanos couldn't harm Odin in the slightest. He didn't even make him budge. Thanos was able to knock Tyrant back several times.

Prep doesn't matter when comparing their personal powers. Fact is Thanos blasted Odin to no effect. Thanos hit Tyrant and knocked him back.

quanchi112
That's what I thought, so you assuming that he was in the Thanos fight is just that...an assumption. Nothing more.

So then, we can't ignore Spiderman vs. Firelord, right?

Did you actually read the comic? Let me refresh your poor memory.

Odin is shocked that Thanos is still alive by calling him more worthy than he anticipated.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512590

Here, Odin thinks Thanos has been defeated after blasting him across Asgard.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512641

Odin salutes Thanos for the fight. NOTHING about Odin thinking Thanos is dead here.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512662

Look at the scans of the fight. Thanos knocked Tyrant around a few times, yet he couldn't even budge Odin.

Odin knocked back Thanos a couple of times before Gungnir, so there is obviously a power difference.

So Thanos has been upgraded. That doesn't guarantee him a victory. All it means is he will do better next time. That's it, unless you can prove his upgrade has put him beyond skyfather level.

Again, you are assuming that a single blast is all a being of Galactus' power level can do. laughing

At his mercy? Tyrant's best attack before Galactus used tech was a scratch on the finger. THE POWER!

laughing Yeah, that's why I'm not afraid to admit when my favorite character was outclassed in a fight. Assuming he held back is just the same.

What does spiderman and firelord have to do with Thanos and Odin? I mean seriously.

Yes, I did. In the first scan Odin already admits he was shocked that Thanos was still breathing meaning he was out to kill him. Thanos was fine also at that point. Odin severely underestimated, but didn't at the end of the day. Nicely done.

Yes, this shows how wrong Odin was again. Nicely done.

Odin already thought he killed Thanos. Nice job trying to ignore that. I mean in one of your own scans he was shocked Thanos was still breathing. Keep ignoring his words I am used to it by now.

Odin didn't physically affect Thanos until he pulled gungir out. Both were posturing and claiming superiority over the other.

No, but blasts usually are what Galactus employs in a battle. That didn't work so he tried another method. That didn't work either. Take into consideration the fact that Tyrant took his herald from him. Not many beings can punk Galactus the way Tyrant did. I mean come on. Galactus would never back down from Odin imo.

Tyrant won the fight. laughing out loud

Thanos was losing, but the fight wasn't over. Everything I said was spot on.

Ps. Thanos knocked Tyrant around with an orb that wasn't present against Odin. Tyrant was fine too by the way.

quanchi112
Very simple. Thanos couldn't harm Odin in the slightest. He didn't even make him budge. Thanos was able to knock Tyrant back several times.

Prep doesn't matter when comparing their personal powers. Fact is Thanos blasted Odin to no effect. Thanos hit Tyrant and knocked him back. Thanos prepped for Tyrant and used an orb. Thanos didn't prep for Odin and had no weapon. It just sort of happened.

Preparing yourself to take on an opponent certainly does as opposed to just happening to be at odds with that person.

Tyrant caused Thanos to leave while Odin failed to get him to submit. Tyrant also destroyed his clothing. Tyrant also affected him without having to pull a weapon out like Odin did. Tyrant used less attacks and no concentrated energy blasts.

Enyalus
Thanos prepped for Tyrant and used an orb. Thanos didn't prep for Odin and had no weapon. It just sort of happened.

Preparing yourself to take on an opponent certainly does as opposed to just happening to be at odds with that person.

Hey Quan, see what you think of this line of reasoning...tell me what you think:
As usual, Kris was probably initially correct with the quoted statement. I went back through some things, and found a lot of strong evidence to support that not only did the orb not contain Morg's Power Cosmic (as CelestialDemon pointed out), but it didn't contain any power whatsoever besides knowledge. Evidence for this is pretty conclusive. First off, the event of Thanos stealing Tyrant's orb is mentioned here:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Tyrant_orbs0.jpg

Tyrant clearly has a lot of them...which Jakar and a few others steal. Take a look, because it seems like the same type of orb that Thanos stole:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Tyrant_orbs1.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Tyrant_orbs2.jpg

That being said...its explicitly referred to as a 'globe of knowledge' by multiple people. Nothing regarding a power amp is mentioned:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Tyrant_orbs3.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Tyrant_orbs4.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Tyrant_orbs5.jpg

And this interpretation fits in perfectly with what Thanos says afterwards when he's studying his own orb which he stole from Tyrant:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_Morg_orb6.jpg

"I sought knowledge...because in knowledge there is power. From that knowledge arose a goal. And I have conquered that goal. Now I probe the spoils of my struggle...attempting to learn its secrets and gain more knowledge."

So...a reasonable argument could be made that Thanos took on Tyrant with his base power. And I think a lot of the textual evidence supports it.

Enyalus
^ Just realized I screwed the linkage up on the above post, and can't edit it now.

Corrected:
As usual, Kris was probably initially correct with the quoted statement. I went back through some things, and found a lot of strong evidence to support that not only did the orb not contain Morg's Power Cosmic (as CelestialDemon pointed out), but it didn't contain any power whatsoever besides knowledge. Evidence for this is pretty conclusive. First off, the event of Thanos stealing Tyrant's orb is mentioned here:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Tyrant_orbs0.jpg

Tyrant clearly has a lot of them...which Jakar and a few others steal. Take a look, because it seems like the same type of orb that Thanos stole:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Tyrant_orbs1.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Tyrant_orbs2.jpg

That being said...its explicitly referred to as a 'globe of knowledge' by multiple people. Nothing regarding a power amp is mentioned:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Tyrant_orbs3.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Tyrant_orbs4.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Tyrant_orbs5.jpg

And this interpretation fits in perfectly with what Thanos says afterwards when he's studying his own orb which he stole from Tyrant:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_Morg_orb6.jpg

"I sought knowledge...because in knowledge there is power. From that knowledge arose a goal. And I have conquered that goal. Now I probe the spoils of my struggle...attempting to learn its secrets and gain more knowledge."

So...a reasonable argument could be made that Thanos took on Tyrant with his base power. And I think a lot of the textual evidence supports it.

celestialdemon
Assuming he held back is just the same.

Not as much of an assumption, because we've actually seen Odin do a lot more in a fight.

What does spiderman and firelord have to do with Thanos and Odin? I mean seriously.

You claimed we can't ignore character matchups when they meet in comics. So, we can't ignore this fight either, right?

Yes, I did. In the first scan Odin already admits he was shocked that Thanos was still breathing meaning he was out to kill him. Thanos was fine also at that point. Odin severely underestimated, but didn't at the end of the day. Nicely done.

Again, the fact that he is surprised Thanos is still alive is more a testament to Thanos' durability rather than the amount of power Odin released. He released what he thought was enough, which was enough to one-shot SS and Drax, whom by the way didn't die either.

Yes, this shows how wrong Odin was again. Nicely done.

Which has nothing to do with his power level.

Odin already thought he killed Thanos. Nice job trying to ignore that. I mean in one of your own scans he was shocked Thanos was still breathing. Keep ignoring his words I am used to it by now.

That was at the very beginning of the fight. And your own words said Odin told Thanos about it being eons since fighting someone like him BEFORE he thought he was dead. I just proved you were lying. laughing

Odin didn't physically affect Thanos until he pulled gungir out. Both were posturing and claiming superiority over the other.

Wrong again (what a surprise).

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512569

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512588

No, but blasts usually are what Galactus employs in a battle. That didn't work so he tried another method. That didn't work either. Take into consideration the fact that Tyrant took his herald from him. Not many beings can punk Galactus the way Tyrant did. I mean come on. Galactus would never back down from Odin imo.

What was the other method? Grabbing Tyrant's cables? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tyrant didn't punk Galactus. They BOTH agreed not to fight each other at that time.

Tyrant won the fight. laughing out loud

By reversing Galactus' tech. He was useless before then.

Thanos was losing, but the fight wasn't over. Everything I said was spot on.

You make it sound like Thanos was actually holding his own equally in the fight, when in truth, he was completely outclassed.

Ps. Thanos knocked Tyrant around with an orb that wasn't present against Odin. Tyrant was fine too by the way.

And how much power did that orb have in it? You still have yet to answer that question.

celestialdemon
Thanos prepped for Tyrant and used an orb. Thanos didn't prep for Odin and had no weapon. It just sort of happened.

An orb with an unknown amount of power, if any power at all.

It affects your strategy on how to handle the opponent. It doesn't affect how much your blasts hurt your opponent.

Tyrant caused Thanos to leave while Odin failed to get him to submit. Tyrant also destroyed his clothing. Tyrant also affected him without having to pull a weapon out like Odin did. Tyrant used less attacks and no concentrated energy blasts.

Tyrant didn't cause Thanos to leave. Thanos left of his own volition after setting out to do what he wanted to do. To Thanos, he won, not Tyrant.

Odin affected Thanos before he pulled out Gungnir, also.

No concentrated energy blasts? embarrasment

http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thanostyrant2yu4.jpg

http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tyrant304ipxh2.jpg

His clothing? Oh no! That convinced me.

quanchi112
Not as much of an assumption, because we've actually seen Odin do a lot more in a fight.

You claimed we can't ignore character matchups when they meet in comics. So, we can't ignore this fight either, right?

Again, the fact that he is surprised Thanos is still alive is more a testament to Thanos' durability rather than the amount of power Odin released. He released what he thought was enough, which was enough to one-shot SS and Drax, whom by the way didn't die either.

Which has nothing to do with his power level.

That was at the very beginning of the fight. And your own words said Odin told Thanos about it being eons since fighting someone like him BEFORE he thought he was dead. I just proved you were lying. laughing

Wrong again (what a surprise).

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512569

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512588

What was the other method? Grabbing Tyrant's cables? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tyrant didn't punk Galactus. They BOTH agreed not to fight each other at that time.

By reversing Galactus' tech. He was useless before then.

You make it sound like Thanos was actually holding his own equally in the fight, when in truth, he was completely outclassed.

And how much power did that orb have in it? You still have yet to answer that question. We have also seen Odin do a lot more than say in the Celestials fight. That's why your logic is flawed. It's very selective.

There are exceptions. Spiderman and Firelord isn't the same as Thanos and Odin. Both are easily above top tier.

The first blast from Odin didn't even make Thanos budge. Odin also didn't pull out gungir against Surfer or Drax. He also didn't salute them. He was trying to kill Thanos not the others.

How doesn't it?

Huh? Odin mistakenly thought he killed Thanos. There is nothing to lie about. All plain as day in the comic.

Yes, Thanos took the blasts and barely moved. There was no physical damage until he pulled out gungir. Hint hint. There is a reason he didn't continue blasting.

Tyrant took the one herald Galactus wanted. Galactus got punked. You can deny it because of your hatred of Tyrant, but that doesn't change that Tyrant punked him and took Morg away.

No, Galactus was useless before then. His one blast powered up Tyrant. Reread the fight please.

Thanos wasn't completely outclassed and Odin's words back me up. Thanos wouldn't have risked death in order to save Thor.

Doesn't matter. Thanos didn't knock Tyrant around without the orb. The orb wasn't present in the Odin fight.

quanchi112
An orb with an unknown amount of power, if any power at all.

It affects your strategy on how to handle the opponent. It doesn't affect how much your blasts hurt your opponent.

Tyrant didn't cause Thanos to leave. Thanos left of his own volition after setting out to do what he wanted to do. To Thanos, he won, not Tyrant.

Odin affected Thanos before he pulled out Gungnir, also.

No concentrated energy blasts? embarrasment

http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thanostyrant2yu4.jpg

http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tyrant304ipxh2.jpg

His clothing? Oh no! That convinced me. Doesn't matter. An unknown variable that was used in one fight and not in another.

Thanos didn't take Tyrant on without the orb. He wasn't just blasting Tyrant like he did against Odin.

Thanos didn't object to Tyrant killing him while he did object to Odin's superiority. Odin praised him while Tyrant did not.

No, he really didn't physically affect him. He might have moved but he really showed no visible damage until gungir entered the battle.

Yes, Odin blasted Thanos at a distance while Thanos ran through it. That was a long concentrated blast. Tyrant also manhandled Thanos while Odin physically did not.

Thanos left the fight meaning he lost against Tyrant while he didn't back down from Odin meaning it ended with no winner.

celestialdemon
We have also seen Odin do a lot more than say in the Celestials fight. That's why your logic is flawed. It's very selective.

Yet, we've seen the Celestials feared by beings that are far above Odin. And they were called upon with the abstracts to fight Thanos w/IG. Pretty good indicator that they are way above Odin's level.

There are exceptions. Spiderman and Firelord isn't the same as Thanos and Odin. Both are easily above top tier.

My point is the reason we know Spiderman vs Firelord is crap is because of what each one have done outside of this battle. Same thing with this fight. Thanos has never shown to be even close to Odin's level until this fight. So, taking their other showings into account, this should have been a stomp for Odin.

The first blast from Odin didn't even make Thanos budge. Odin also didn't pull out gungir against Surfer or Drax. He also didn't salute them. He was trying to kill Thanos not the others.

He didn't salute them because they went down in one shot. Thanos didn't. I've already said that. What I said was the only time Odin thought Thanos was dead was at the beginning. At the end of the fight, he knew Thanos wasn't dead.

How doesn't it?

Are you honestly trying to say Odin mistakenly thinking Thanos was dead is a respesentation of Odin's power? laughing

Huh? Odin mistakenly thought he killed Thanos. There is nothing to lie about. All plain as day in the comic.

laughing Don't backtrack now. Here are your exact words.

See that? You said PRIOR to him realizing he survived. I just proved with scans that you lied.

Yes, Thanos took the blasts and barely moved. There was no physical damage until he pulled out gungir. Hint hint. There is a reason he didn't continue blasting.

Why would Odin continue blasting if Thanos was getting knocked back with single blasts?

Tyrant took the one herald Galactus wanted. Galactus got punked. You can deny it because of your hatred of Tyrant, but that doesn't change that Tyrant punked him and took Morg away.

Oh please. Tyrant is my 4th favorite cosmic behind Thanos, Warlock, and Genis-Vell. You should probably re-read the comic without putting your own personal bias in it. Galactus wanted the captives released. Tyrant wanted to keep them. Neither one of them wanted to get into a fight about it. So Tyrant agreed to release them all except for Morg. That's what happened sans the bias.

No, Galactus was useless before then. His one blast powered up Tyrant. Reread the fight please.

I have several times. Unlike you, I can read it without drooling over my favorite character.

Thanos wasn't completely outclassed and Odin's words back me up. Thanos wouldn't have risked death in order to save Thor.

Wait. Are you actually trying to say that Thanos, whom has worshipped Death all his life, is actually scared to die?

It's not in Thanos' nature to help Thor at all, yet there he was doing it. He even stated himself that he was serving the greater good but hated doing it.

Doesn't matter. Thanos didn't knock Tyrant around without the orb. The orb wasn't present in the Odin fight.

So, an orb with possibly no power other than knowledge somehow mysteriously increased Thanos' physical might enough to harm Tyrant? sick

celestialdemon
Doesn't matter. An unknown variable that was used in one fight and not in another.

Thanos didn't take Tyrant on without the orb. He wasn't just blasting Tyrant like he did against Odin.

An orb that quite possible had no power in it at all.

Why would Thanos just blast Odin instead of trying to punch him like he did with Tyrant? More, importantly, why would that even matter?

Thanos didn't object to Tyrant killing him while he did object to Odin's superiority. Odin praised him while Tyrant did not.

You actually expect Tyrant to praise someone?

Thanos didn't object to Tyrant, because he was being smug with him. He told Tyrant right afterwards that given the opportunity Tyrant probably could kill him, but he won anyway since he accomplished his goal, That's clearly pissed Tyrant off.

No, he really didn't physically affect him. He might have moved but he really showed no visible damage until gungir entered the battle.

Thanos also showed no physical damage after the Tyrant fight. Only his clothes were torn. Thanos was still smiling just fine.

Odin was able to knock Thanos back with a casual backhand blast and Thanos couldn't budge Odin when Odin wasn't even fully paying attention to him. That's a big difference in power.

Yes, Odin blasted Thanos at a distance while Thanos ran through it. That was a long concentrated blast. Tyrant also manhandled Thanos while Odin physically did not.

So what? Maybe because Tyrant is physically stronger than Odin, or it was easier to manhandle him since Tyrant is so much taller, or just because Tyrant is more ruthless. Whatever the reason, it doesn't mean Tyrant is more powerful overall than Odin.

Thanos left the fight meaning he lost against Tyrant while he didn't back down from Odin meaning it ended with no winner.

Read the comic. Thanos specifically states that he won the encounter, not Tyrant.

OneDumbG0
Upgraded Thanos would not beat Odin. Nuff said. no expression

carver9
Good fight, undecided.

Nihilist
Upgraded Thanos would not beat Odin. Nuff said. no expression imo he'd stalemate him.

OneDumbG0
^ facepalm

xJLxKing
^ thumb up

Nihilist
^ facepalm why..
Considering everyone says Odin didnt go all out because he didnt destroy galaxies lkie his battles with others ,Thanos wasnt going exactly all out if you go by them standards seeing as he has destroyed a planet going at it with Drax.

Also before Thanos fought Odin, he had to fight through numbers of asgardians and prior to that he had just gone at it with PG Thor, whilst Odin was fresh for the fight.

Enyalus
Upgraded Thanos would not beat Odin. Nuff said. no expression
Cool. Now how does Thanos do against Thor, who's actually in this thread?

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Badabing
1. Thor

2. Thor

Enyalus
Quoting Bada = Auto Fail.

stick out tongue

quanchi112
Yet, we've seen the Celestials feared by beings that are far above Odin. And they were called upon with the abstracts to fight Thanos w/IG. Pretty good indicator that they are way above Odin's level.

My point is the reason we know Spiderman vs Firelord is crap is because of what each one have done outside of this battle. Same thing with this fight. Thanos has never shown to be even close to Odin's level until this fight. So, taking their other showings into account, this should have been a stomp for Odin.

He didn't salute them because they went down in one shot. Thanos didn't. I've already said that. What I said was the only time Odin thought Thanos was dead was at the beginning. At the end of the fight, he knew Thanos wasn't dead.

Are you honestly trying to say Odin mistakenly thinking Thanos was dead is a respesentation of Odin's power? laughing

laughing Don't backtrack now. Here are your exact words.

See that? You said PRIOR to him realizing he survived. I just proved with scans that you lied.

Why would Odin continue blasting if Thanos was getting knocked back with single blasts?

Oh please. Tyrant is my 4th favorite cosmic behind Thanos, Warlock, and Genis-Vell. You should probably re-read the comic without putting your own personal bias in it. Galactus wanted the captives released. Tyrant wanted to keep them. Neither one of them wanted to get into a fight about it. So Tyrant agreed to release them all except for Morg. That's what happened sans the bias.

I have several times. Unlike you, I can read it without drooling over my favorite character.

Wait. Are you actually trying to say that Thanos, whom has worshipped Death all his life, is actually scared to die?

It's not in Thanos' nature to help Thor at all, yet there he was doing it. He even stated himself that he was serving the greater good but hated doing it.

So, an orb with possibly no power other than knowledge somehow mysteriously increased Thanos' physical might enough to harm Tyrant? sick Yes, we know they are well above Odin's power level yet we didn't see anywhere near the blasting power from Odin or the sheer devastation when he has faced weaker opponents. This is my point. Just because one writer has a galaxy being destroyed and just because he doesn't when he faced the Celestials that in itself doesn't mean he held back. Same logic with Thanos. Different writer.

In the very comic warlock says Thanos' upper limit has never been tested. It's right in the friggin comic when someone else states that maybe Thanos isn't near Odin's power level. It was in one of the scans you posted.

Yes, Odin saluted Thanos because he was a great opponent. One he didn't even beat so this superiority crap is just that, crap.

No, I am saying that it's a testament of Thanos and his power level. He is clearly on Odin's level and the fight proved it.

Meh. He thought he was defeated/ killed.

I didn't lie.

Odin wasn't really damaging Thanos. The blasts were having minimal effect.

Galactus wanted Morg. Tyrant then said you can have them all except the one you want. He took what Galactus wanted and he did nothing about it. That's called punking someone, son.

I am saying Thanos avoids death. He avoided it against Galactus in his own series. He told Galactus to stay his hand. One more blast would have killed him. Not so against Odin though I am afraid. Common sense says Thanos won't just let himself be killed. LOL.

Thanos was still there aiding them. It wasn't a personal goal or anything.

Pay attention. The orb was the variable not present for the Odin fight. We don't know either way but he still used something against Tyrant that he didn't use against Odin.

quanchi112
An orb that quite possible had no power in it at all.

Why would Thanos just blast Odin instead of trying to punch him like he did with Tyrant? More, importantly, why would that even matter?

You actually expect Tyrant to praise someone?

Thanos didn't object to Tyrant, because he was being smug with him. He told Tyrant right afterwards that given the opportunity Tyrant probably could kill him, but he won anyway since he accomplished his goal, That's clearly pissed Tyrant off.

Thanos also showed no physical damage after the Tyrant fight. Only his clothes were torn. Thanos was still smiling just fine.

Odin was able to knock Thanos back with a casual backhand blast and Thanos couldn't budge Odin when Odin wasn't even fully paying attention to him. That's a big difference in power.

So what? Maybe because Tyrant is physically stronger than Odin, or it was easier to manhandle him since Tyrant is so much taller, or just because Tyrant is more ruthless. Whatever the reason, it doesn't mean Tyrant is more powerful overall than Odin.

Read the comic. Thanos specifically states that he won the encounter, not Tyrant. Unknown variable.

The point is Thanos didn't try punching Tyrant either. He used the orb which wasn't present in the Odin fight.

Thanos' clothes were completely destroyed in less time. Thanos didn't laugh off any blows from tyrant like he did against Odin either.

No, because Thanos didn't have the orb against Odin. Tyrant also picked Thanos up and manhandled him. Thanos was running through blasts fighting for control of gungir. Tyrant is more powerful than Odin. It's plain as day.

No, Thanos agreed with tyrant. If Tyrant had the chance he would probably kill Thanos. Thanos withstood him until that point and considered that a victory in and of itself.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Tyrant-34-1.jpg

quanchi112
Upgraded Thanos would not beat Odin. Nuff said. no expression Not really. You can't even prove that Odin can beat Thanos let alone after the upgrades.

xJLxKing
Not really. You can't even prove that Odin can beat Thanos let alone after the upgrades.
So you are saying that Thanos can beat Odin without his upgrades???
WOW WOW

quanchi112
So you are saying that Thanos can beat Odin without his upgrades???
WOW WOW I'm saying they fought and Odin didn't beat him. They had an a pretty long fight for a comic to boot. Who knows how the fight would have turned out.

xJLxKing
I'm saying they fought and Odin didn't beat him. They had an a pretty long fight for a comic to boot. Who knows how the fight would have turned out.
So you also believe that Odin was just about to faint from all those terrible attacks that he received from Thanos?

celestialdemon
Unknown variable.

Correct, so saying that the orb gave Thanos enough of a power boost so that he could hurt Tyrant is ridiculous.

The point is Thanos didn't try punching Tyrant either. He used the orb which wasn't present in the Odin fight.

ermm

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/4691/tyrant78hy.jpg

Thanos' clothes were completely destroyed in less time. Thanos didn't laugh off any blows from tyrant like he did against Odin either.

The clothes argument again, huh. laughing

Thanos didn't laugh off any blows from Odin, either. He stood up to Odin's first blast without any effect, and that's it.

No, because Thanos didn't have the orb against Odin. Tyrant also picked Thanos up and manhandled him. Thanos was running through blasts fighting for control of gungir. Tyrant is more powerful than Odin. It's plain as day.

Manhandling someone physically doesn't make you more powerful than them overall. Hulk could manhandle Thanos physically, but he loses to him 10/10.

Thanos fighting through Gungnir is impressive. However, he still lost his bid for control of it and was brought to his knees while Odin stood there without a mark.

Tyrant is more powerful in your opinion only.

No, Thanos agreed with tyrant. If Tyrant had the chance he would probably kill Thanos. Thanos withstood him until that point and considered that a victory in and of itself.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Tyrant-34-1.jpg

Thanos agreed with Tyrant, but that's not the reason he left the fight. He left because he did was he set out to do and felt he won, just like he said.

Enyalus
Thanos didn't laugh off any blows from Odin, either. He stood up to Odin's first blast without any effect, and that's it.
So what was walking through the Gungir blast and forcibly grabbing and pushing the spear downward?

Manhandling someone physically doesn't make you more powerful than them overall. Hulk could manhandle Thanos physically, but he loses to him 10/10.
What. The. ****?

No. Not unless Loeb was writing the Hulk and Thanos had stage four cancer.

celestialdemon
Yes, we know they are well above Odin's power level yet we didn't see anywhere near the blasting power from Odin or the sheer devastation when he has faced weaker opponents. This is my point. Just because one writer has a galaxy being destroyed and just because he doesn't when he faced the Celestials that in itself doesn't mean he held back. Same logic with Thanos. Different writer.

No, because Thanos hasn't shown anywhere near the feats Odin has before. So when they face each other as near equals, it reeks of PIS. It would be similar to something like Apocalypse facing Tyrant and holding his own.

In the very comic warlock says Thanos' upper limit has never been tested. It's right in the friggin comic when someone else states that maybe Thanos isn't near Odin's power level. It was in one of the scans you posted.

I guess Warlock must have forgotten when Thanos just fought Thor and couldn't put him down without using a weapon.

Yes, Odin saluted Thanos because he was a great opponent. One he didn't even beat so this superiority crap is just that, crap.

One person was standing up without a mark on him. The other was on alll fours with his body smoking. Yeah, no superiority there.

No, I am saying that it's a testament of Thanos and his power level. He is clearly on Odin's level and the fight proved it.

How? By Thanos taking an asswhooping and not able to hurt Odin at all?

Meh. He thought he was defeated/ killed.

I didn't lie.

Um, ya, you did lie, and I proved it plain as day. You just refuse to see it.

Odin wasn't really damaging Thanos. The blasts were having minimal effect.

Funny, because Thanos looks in better condition at the end of the Tyrant fight than the Odin one.

Galactus wanted Morg. Tyrant then said you can have them all except the one you want. He took what Galactus wanted and he did nothing about it. That's called punking someone, son.

Again, neither one of them wanted to fight, which is why Tyrant agreed to give up anyone in the first place.

I am saying Thanos avoids death. He avoided it against Galactus in his own series. He told Galactus to stay his hand. One more blast would have killed him. Not so against Odin though I am afraid. Common sense says Thanos won't just let himself be killed. LOL.

And what did he tell Galactus after that? He warned him of Hunger coming to destroy the universe. That scenario was about far more than Thanos' own personal safety. Fail.

Thanos was still there aiding them. It wasn't a personal goal or anything.

Correct, and because he committed to helping them, leaving the fight would have gone against his word.

Pay attention. The orb was the variable not present for the Odin fight. We don't know either way but he still used something against Tyrant that he didn't use against Odin.

Maybe you should pay attention. The orb had no power in it except knowledge, so it didn't amp Thanos' personal power any. He might as well have had a rock in his hand for all it helped him, and that's not enough to have him go from doing absolutely nothing to Odin to actually harming him like he did Tyrant.

celestialdemon

So what was walking through the Gungir blast and forcibly grabbing and pushing the spear downward?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512650

Does that look like he's laughing? No, he is clearly struggling through the blast.

What. The. ****?

No. Not unless Loeb was writing the Hulk and Thanos had stage four cancer.

You're missing the point. Hulk has FAR stronger physical showings than Thanos. He could easily lift Thanos and toss him around like Tyrant did. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean he is ever going to beat Thanos in a fight.

My point is the fact that Tyrant grabbed and lifted up Thanos and Odin didn't does not mean Tyrant is more powerful overall than Odin.

Enyalus
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512650

Does that look like he's laughing? No, he is clearly struggling through the blast.
I was addressing your 'stood up to' point. IMO it takes more to walk through a focused (through Gungir) Odinforce blast than it does to stand up to a regular Odin blast. So, it happens more than once.

You're missing the point. Hulk has FAR stronger physical showings than Thanos. He could easily lift Thanos and toss him around like Tyrant did. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean he is ever going to beat Thanos in a fight.
Sure, Hulk has more physical feats than Thanos. He's got more strength feats than Tyrant, too. Can he toss Tyrant around? Hell, Hulk has more and better strength feats than Tiamut. He tossing him around?

We know Hulk wouldn't toss Thanos around, 'cause Thanos has physically overpowered Hulk in the past. With laughable ease. As well as dispatching Thor and SS...who are both a physical match for Hulk.

My point is the fact that Tyrant grabbed and lifted up Thanos and Odin didn't does not mean Tyrant is more powerful overall than Odin.
Yeah, that one I agree with.

celestialdemon

I was addressing your 'stood up to' point. IMO it takes more to walk through a focused (through Gungir) Odinforce blast than it does to stand up to a regular Odin blast. So, it happens more than once.

True, but if definitely wasn't nearly as easy as quanchi makes it sound.

Sure, Hulk has more physical feats than Thanos. He's got more strength feats than Tyrant, too. Can he toss Tyrant around? Hell, Hulk has more and better strength feats than Tiamut. He tossing him around?

We know Hulk wouldn't toss Thanos around, 'cause Thanos has physically overpowered Hulk in the past. With laughable ease. As well as dispatching Thor and SS...who are both a physical match for Hulk.

If Tyrant let Hulk grab him, yes, Hulk could toss him around. I'm not talking about whether it would actually happen. I'm saying that the ability to physically throw someone does not make you more powerful than them.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>