X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
This game is developed by Raven Software and is runned by the Unreal 3 engine. The game will be out on May 1st next month.

Don't let the name fool you. The game is not exactly based on the movie. At first Raven Software didn't even know that there was going to be a movie called X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

You thought this would never happen but this game is actually rated M so you can enjoy the bloody mayhem with Wolverine.

The game will be on the 360, PS3, Wii, PS2, and other systems.

Kazenji
Always wanted a wolverine solo game where blood gets spilt.

Wolverine2179
I hope this game doesn't end up like shit like iron man and other video game movies.

Scythe
Probably will. I have low hopes for this game, I'm gonna give it a try, but I don't expect to get impressed.

Wolverine2179
One of the designers did claim that "finally a movie game that doesn't suck".

Well we will see.

Quincy
Each time a movie game comes out, the developer says "This is a movie game that DOESN'T SUCK!"

But did any of these assholes play Two Towers or Return of the King? And wasn't King Kong pretty solid?

Would have been better if they used Comic wolverine.

Wolverine2179
Hopefully it doesn't suck, looks promising imho since they are using the unreal 3 engine(mass effect comes to mind).

jinXed by JaNx
Well, the last Wolverine game sucked and it wasn't a movie title game. So, i have no hopes for this one at all. Although, the Last Wolverine game came close to not sucking so hard.

Quincy
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Well, the last Wolverine game sucked and it wasn't a movie title game. So, i have no hopes for this one at all. Although, the Last Wolverine game came close to not sucking so hard.

I'd rather have a next gen sequel to Wolverines Revenge than this movie game.

Nemesis X
It's not based on the movie. It just coincidentally has the same name. Now stop saying it'll suck. If you ever watched any interviews, you'd know that Raven Software said that they didn't know there was gonna be an X-Men movie with the same name as their game.

Quincy
Originally posted by Nemesis X
It's not based on the movie. It just coincidentally has the same name. Now stop saying it'll suck. If you ever watched any interviews, you'd know that Raven Software said that they didn't know there was gonna be an X-Men movie with the same name as their game.

BULL

SHIT

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Quincy
BULL

SHIT

Don't know whether I should laugh or be mad at that remark of yours.

KingD19
Raven Software is making this game, the people who made X-Men Legends. One of the best games of it's kind, this game will kick ass.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Quincy
I'd rather have a next gen sequel to Wolverines Revenge than this movie game.

Wolverines Revenge was a great game only thing it was lacking for me was blood, Now the Wolverine game for the Snes now that one was way too hard and not so great

As for this for the game sucking i don't think will that bad compared to the Iron Man game, Ravens making this one and they gave us the X-men Legends games and plenty of other great games.

Nemesis X
I just a saw a boss battle with Blob. You can ride him and watch him ram through shelves in what I believe is a grocery store.

Plus, attacking helicopters while sky diving looks awesome.

chomperx9
movie video games always turn out to be failures.

Wolverine2179
This isn't exactly a movie game, sure its off the same name but it loosely based itself on the movie.

Scythe
I'm gonna wait till it's at its cheapest price.

Kazenji
Originally posted by chomperx9
movie video games always turn out to be failures.

Oh rly ?

Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers
Lord Of The Rings: Return of the king
King Kong
Star Wars: Episode 3

yeah those games were complete failures roll eyes (sarcastic)

WO Polaski
episode 3 was pretty weak i feel.

but the two towers and return of the king are two of my favorite games of all time.

Kazenji
Well those were just a couple of good ones most likey there are some other gold nuggets in the pile of mud.

Ridley_Prime
Eh, even though episode III (the game) could've been better, I still enjoyed it quite thoroughly.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Kazenji
Oh rly ?

King Kong

The punisher was aces too

THE JLRTENJAC
I'm playing it right now (rented). The story sucks. It is jumpy, and has things that happened in the movie, but the way they are placed... just doesn't make sense.

However, the gameplay is fun, and I can tolerate the story for the gameplay. It won't be a game I'll buy at 59.99. But it seems like it could be a good $20 game.

Well, assuming what you say is accurate: Either they are lying and hoping we are stupid enough to believe them, or they are plain morons, who know nothing of what is going on around them.

I just find it a strech to believe that they truly had no idea that there was a movie with the same name as their game. Especially when it comes out the same day as the movie, Uses the likeness of Liev Schreiber for Sabertooth (who only played sabertooth in this movie), and has several quotes directly quoted from the movie. That's a pretty big coincedence.

Kazenji
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
The punisher was aces too

Even tho that one used some of the stories from the Punisher MAX series.

chomperx9
Oh rly ?

King Kong

yeah those games were complete failures roll eyes (sarcastic) king kong you actually bought that ?

Menetnashté
king kong you actually bought that ?
I did, thought it was pretty damn fun, one of the few movie games that I don't regret buying.
Though from my experience with them I'm gonna play it safe and rent Wolverine.

Kovacs86
Oh rly ?

King Kong

Those were all OK, but I thought Spider-Man 2 and The Godfather were much better examples of good games made from films. Spider-Man 2's web-swinging was amazing...

THE JLRTENJAC
king kong you actually bought that ?

As did I, and I quite enjoyed it (though I did have the full 1000 Gamerscore after the first time I played it roll eyes (sarcastic) )

chomperx9
Originally posted by Kovacs86
Those were all OK, but I thought Spider-Man 2 and The Godfather were much better examples of good games made from films. Spider-Man 2's web-swinging was amazing... i admit yeah that spiderman 2 game was enjoyable.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by WO Polaski
episode 3 was pretty weak i feel.

but the two towers and return of the king are two of my favorite games of all time. Agree with this mostly, SW episode III was kinda fun at first, but the entertainment did not last.

Two Towers and Return of the King are among the best movie videogames.

Also, from what I hear the Riddick games are good.

Anyway, the story I do not expect much from, since the movie itself probably sucks, but the gameplay looks pretty solid.

Nemesis X
Raven has kept its promise. This game does not suck. I find it humerous that whenever I perform a gory finisher on one of the soldiers, the other ones look like they crapped themselves and try to run away.

Magee
This game is brutal. The opening scene is like wtf and 5 minutes in to the game he decapitates some poor guy on a helicopter. Fun with a nice range of attacks and upgrades I imagine wolverine fans will love this game. I would buy it if there were online modes but since theres not I will settle for the rental.

Darth Jello
From what I hear, the PS3 and 360 uncaged versions are awesome. The PS2, Wii, and DS versions have completely different mechanics, no gore, and are missing something like 30-40% of the storyline/gameplay. Now I have my own opinions about the x-men games. i liked "the official game" from the last movie, mutant apocalypse, the arcade game, and clone wars for the genesis. I feel like i should give wolverine's revenge a try and never got into legends but may give them a try again. I also keep a copy of the horrible NES game by LJN because there is a small nostalgia factor to it and like a lot of those awful LJN games I actually really dig the music.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Darth Jello
From what I hear, the PS3 and 360 uncaged versions are awesome. The PS2, Wii, and DS versions have completely different mechanics, no gore, and are missing something like 30-40% of the storyline/gameplay. Now I have my own opinions about the x-men games. i liked "the official game" from the last movie, mutant apocalypse, the arcade game, and clone wars for the genesis. I feel like i should give wolverine's revenge a try and never got into legends but may give them a try again. I also keep a copy of the horrible NES game by LJN because there is a small nostalgia factor to it and like a lot of those awful LJN games I actually really dig the music.

I wonder how is the PC version doing?

THE JLRTENJAC
Raven has kept its promise. This game does not suck. I find it humerous that whenever I perform a gory finisher on one of the soldiers, the other ones look like they crapped themselves and try to run away.

The Gameplay is fun, but the story is a piece of scat.

Scythe
I tried this, I was right, it does suck in my opinion. The controls feel wonky, and the story is just sucktastic.

jinXed by JaNx
Was better than i expected. the lunge function works well and the leveling system is appreciated. Although, like Scythe said, the combat does feel loose and rushed. With that said though, the game still seems like it could be a very fun rental.

Scythe
Ironically, I enjoyed this game on the DS because this version of it is a 2D side-scroller with power-ups every now and then; but it turns into one of those games that when you beat it, you never want to touch it again. No replay value.

Kazenji
The Game tv show i watch gave it some good scores a 9.5 and a 9

ThunderGodEneru
Am I the only one who gets sexually aroused by Scythe's sig?

Scythe
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Am I the only one who gets sexually aroused by Scythe's sig?

No.

*Raises hoof*

That's the whole point, BUD-DEY!

ThunderGodEneru
Yeah, I mean, that little boy on the bottom left...droolio

Scythe

*Plane crashes*

Ridley_Prime
laughing out loud

Nemesis X

Michael Jackson has infiltrated our chat site. Run for your lives!

Ridley_Prime
hysterical

ThunderGodEneru
Michael Jackson has infiltrated our chat site. Run for your lives! MJ? Pft.

I would prefer to be thought of as a John Wayne Gacy. 131

starlock
I have been enjoying this game and i find it one of the best of its genre...amazing look and feel...to see wolverine missing flesh and to see the bone underneath is something else....and then to watch it regenerate.....they did a great job on this game...my favorite outfit is the X-force costume. thumb up

THE JLRTENJAC
Except for the fact that the story sucks.

Nemesis X
This game is fascinating. It's good what a company can do when inspired by God of War....and Devil May Cry I guess...

Scythe
Originally posted by THE JLRTENJAC
Except for the fact that the story sucks.

This is true.

Impediment
I downloaded the demo for PS3 and I was somewhat impressed. The controls feel good, and it plays similar to Marvel Ultimate Alliance. However, I can't make an honest critique of the story, since I have only played the demo. The opening sequence was awesome.

Scythe
OMG, so I finally beat this game and it is the best game EVERRRRRR!!!!

I'm kidding, this game just sucked so hard. The inclusion of an X-Force outfit for Wolvie to wear didn't even save this game from being repetitive, having a story that paced like crap, and wonky controls.

But what bothered me the most was that all those losers telling me that this game was made before the movie and had no relation the film. Bull freakin' crap! Dumbass finaly battle was just like the movie's minus Sabertooth helpin' you out.

Crap, so glad I didn't buy it.

YodaIam
Wolverine is to powerful, he can't jump like that, hes not that strong he doesn't hop about like Spider-Man.

Apart from that its pretty good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.