Sentry vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bbrem123
Sentry

vs

1)Classic Surfer
2)Current Surfer

Slaanesh
Surfer both 10/10

StiltmanFTW
co-signed

Enyalus
Originally posted by Slaanesh
Surfer both 10/10

bbrem123
theres no way that he wins both 10/10

u just underestimating sentry way to much

Enyalus
Originally posted by bbrem123
theres no way that he wins both 10/10

u just underestimating sentry way to much

Nah. Classic Surfer ~ Classic Thor. And Thor would hand Sentry his ass. So Classic Surfer does as well.

And Current...dude's on a whole 'nother level.

tkitna
I'll give it to Surfer (both) although i'm interested in seeing what happens when they do finally meet.

guy222
Norrin

Lord S
Silverado...both counts.

Juk3n
Surfers dials go up to 11.

he wins

Warlord
The Surfer but Sentry would give him a hard time

Raoul
Surfer in both.

manx422
i thought sentry>galactus
so SS>Galactus

AverageSavage
Originally posted by manx422
so SS>Galactus

i'm having troubly finding out what you're tying to say

Mr. Immortal
Silver Surfer via Laurence Fishburne voice.

Xplosive
Silver Surfer in both cases, but in second case without any trouble.

The Nuul
SS rapes

starlock
Surfer...wins both!

Avlon
Originally posted by Raoul
Surfer in both.

thumb up

OneDumbG0
This is closer than I think people care to imagine in either instance.

Lord S
so SS>Galactus You thought wrong...very wrong.

jasofisc
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
This is closer than I think people care to imagine in either instance.

agreed

Mekrob
SS easily

Rage.Of.Olympus
I respect Sentry as much as anyone, but he gets raped by Current Silver Surfer and Classic Silver Surfer force feeds him his boot.

Sentry is extremely powerful, and does have the abilities necessary to give Classic Silver Surfer something resembling a good fight. His mental state, and power fluctuation just hinders him too much.

He has the power, but thanks to his Avenger appearances, he doesn't have the head to use it.

Sentry needs to be at his best to last against Classic Silver Surfer for any prolonged period of time. Seeing as how he is more often than not hiding under his bed, he gets raped.

Current Silver Surfer who isn't a pacifist rips his head off either way.

manx422
Originally posted by Lord S
You thought wrong...very wrong.
sentry has beaten galactus
superman>thor>sentry>galactus>SS

Warlord

But of course he is.
Superman > Thor, Surfer, Galactus, Abraxas, Living Tribunal, Beyonder.....

D_Dude1210
Manx has a picture of supes in his boxers glued to his ceiling above his bed. wink

manx422
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Manx has a picture of supes in his boxers glued to his ceiling above his bed. wink
mad

Mindset
And it's homemade glue

*wink* *wink*

Slaanesh
laughing

Wei Phoenix

What?! Sentry stalemated Galactus off panel he didn't beat him. How do you figure Superman is greater than Galactus? How about any of those people you listed greater than Galactus?

manx422
all right
JUGGY> GALACTUS

Wei Phoenix
all right
JUGGY> GALACTUS

Don't know how Cain got brought in to this but no. No version of Cain can beat any version of Galactus...well at least I think so.

Lord S
superman>thor>sentry>galactus>SS I don't know where you get your information...and not sure I want to know, but unless you're being sarcastic I suggest you present some evidence to back up your rather absurd point of view.

Warlord
Originally posted by Lord S
I don't know where you get your information...and not sure I want to know, but unless you're being sarcastic I suggest you present some evidence to back up your rather absurd point of view.

nah he is joking

lft4ded
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Seeing as how he is more often than not hiding under his bed, he gets raped.

Current Silver Surfer who isn't a pacifist rips his head off either way.

Wow, is no place safe? Raped in his bedroom and then defiled.

But c'mon, Alpha Flight *beat* Galactus and they were killed by the Collective. stick out tongue

guy222
Norrin takes this

StiltmanFTW
Silverado

The Nuul
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Silverado

Chevrolet sucks.

But the Vette.

Oh wait.....NVM. yeah SS rapes.

OneDumbG0
Who has physically overpowered Sentry in a direct confrontation other than World War Hulk, much less outright raped him?

Enyalus
Who has physically overpowered Sentry in a direct confrontation other than World War Hulk, much less outright raped him?
Photon pretty much beat him easily, twice. While holding back and distracted.

And Blue Marvel one-shotted him into orbit.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Enyalus
Photon pretty much beat him easily, twice. While holding back and distracted.

And Blue Marvel one-shotted him into orbit. Both of them only managed to BFR him. Sentry comes right back in both fights. Sentry was holding back against Photon as well. And against Blue Marvel, when Sentry comes back, he actually puts Blue Marvel down.

Hyperion Prime
Both of them only managed to BFR him. Sentry comes right back in both fights. Sentry was holding back against Photon as well. And against Blue Marvel, when Sentry comes back, he actually puts Blue Marvel down.

The Blue Marvel was also fighting the rest of the Mighty Avengers. It wasn't exactly fair. When Sentry came back to earth the Avengers were trying to hold him back. The same thing would have happened to Sentry.

Silver Surfer would destroy the Sentry.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/albm05011.jpg

Enyalus
Both of them only managed to BFR him. Sentry comes right back in both fights. Sentry was holding back against Photon as well. And against Blue Marvel, when Sentry comes back, he actually puts Blue Marvel down.
Yeah, Photon BFR'd him twice. Easy. Once into a toilet.

Ultron also kicked his ass prior to Hank uploading the virus into her systems.

OneDumbG0
^ And Sentry comes right back. And Sentry was holding back.

Ultron kicking Sentry's ass? That didn't happen at all. And it didn't happen to Sentry who had to hold back because Ms. Marvel ordered him not to kill her because they wanted to save Stark. The instant Sentry stopped holding back because of what happened to Lindy, he was literally ripping her head off. I don't consider that being physically overpowered either.Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
The Blue Marvel was also fighting the rest of the Mighty Avengers. It wasn't exactly fair. When Sentry came back to earth the Avengers were trying to hold him back. The same thing would have happened to Sentry.

Silver Surfer would destroy the Sentry. I agree that Sentry didn't do it alone. Although tbh, the rest of the Mighty Avengers team don't really do much. I mention it only because I don't think being punched into orbit is an example of being physically overpowered, much less raped, when you come back from it a few panels later and deliver a true knockout blow.

Hyperion Prime
I agree that Sentry didn't do it alone. Although tbh, the rest of the Mighty Avengers team don't really do much. I mention it only because I don't think being punched into orbit is an example of being physically overpowered, much less raped, when you come back from it a few panels later and deliver a true knockout blow.

Ares cuts him with an AXE, MS. Marvel and Wonderman also hit him.

He was sneak attacked and held it wasn't fair

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/albm05006.jpg

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/albm05007.jpg

Avlon
Surfer has been easily owned by Strange and Doom on Earth, while Sentry pretty much laughed off the Docs.

One thing I'll say about Sentry's appearances vs Surfers.
Sentry is an earthbound character...so he's likely to have more low showings in general. Surfer had lots of them while he was earthbound as well.

Something to chew on...

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Ares cuts him with an AXE, MS. Marvel and Wonderman also hit him.

He was sneak attacked and held it wasn't fairI agree it isn't fair when you lay it all out like that. But my other point is, Sentry wasn't overpowered by Blue Marvel.

Mekrob
Originally posted by Avlon
Surfer has been easily owned by Strange and Doom on Earth, while Sentry pretty much laughed off the Docs.
Surfer in his well, 'battles' against Strange (I think a couple of them were actually dreams or clones...) were him fighting Classic Strange. And Strange has actually tried to fight him... all Strange did was use a spell against Sentry.
Surfer has never fought Doom to my knowledge... except when Doom blasted a Surfer who couldn't walk. But I guess using tech to absorb energy against an unsuspecting Surfer counts as being owned...
Doom however, has owned Sentry, and Sentry has owned him (twice, but the first time was when Doom basically ran out of power). In all of these occurrences, Sentry attacked Doom from out of nowhere.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Avlon
Surfer has been easily owned by Strange and Doom on Earth

Scans?

Nihilist
Who has physically overpowered Sentry in a direct confrontation other than World War Hulk, much less outright raped him? Anti man one shotted himwith ease.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Nihilist
Anti man one shotted himwith ease. Broke his hand and then one-shotted him. Considering how powerful Anti Man was, I wasn't surprised at all. He was a "worldbreaker" also and then some.

Anybody else?

bbrem123
Originally posted by Nihilist
Anti man one shotted himwith ease.

from what i read it doesnt even look like sentry sustained any injuries from anti-man at all... he looked fine after he got his hand crushed

Philosophía
he looked fine after he got his hand crushed

I laughed.

tkitna
I only read the last issue of Blue Marvel. Who got their hand crushed? I remember seeing a scan of Anti-Man busting Sentry and Sentry saying something to the effect that he's never been hit that hard before, but I didnt know he got KO'd.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by tkitna
I only read the last issue of Blue Marvel. Who got their hand crushed? I remember seeing a scan of Anti-Man busting Sentry and Sentry saying something to the effect that he's never been hit that hard before, but I didnt know he got KO'd. Come to think of it, did Anti Man break his hand or just twist his arm? I know he punched him in the face afterwards. But now that you bring it up, I don't specifically remember him getting knocked unconscious either. Anybody got scans?

tkitna
http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.5760. Preview~colon~_Adam~colon~_Legend_of_the_Blue_Marv
el_%231

Sentry is out of the fight for a page or two but then is seen talking like he was unaffected. I really dont know. It doesnt show him knocked out, but we can assume he wasnt in the fight after getting his chops busted. Who knows.

psycho gundam
surfer 9/10 minimum

Warlord
Surfer beats him...
Having said this now let's see some facts. Gennis Vell did not beat him, he just bfred him and until he did that Sentry was going toe to toe with him. The collective never beat him and he/was able to walk over the whole Alpha Flight or even drain Binary. Blue Marvel got his ass kicked by Sentry (ok the other avengers were there but they were barely able to hurt him) and he didn't use any other ability but strength and speed.
Finally when he ripped Ultrons head the virus was just being injected in him and there is no sign that it reduced his durability. Decapitating Ultron is simply Sentry loosing control due to his anger and not because of the virus IMO.

Anyway having said these things Surfer is still above him but it won't be a rape or anything. As for the anti-man thing, com on guys Marvel does that when it wants to hype new characters. Remember when Captain Marvel returned before secret invasion?
He one shooted a robot that all the avengers (Sentry included) could not beat. And CM was just a skrull nowhere near the physical levels of Sentry

Stoic
Close fight, but until Marvel sjows how susceptible the Sentry is to the power cosmic, Sentry seems to have a good chance of taking the Surfer. From all that has been seen of his encounters with cosmically charged characters, I fail to recall one instance that he has been injured by this form of energy.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Stoic
Close fight, but until Marvel sjows how susceptible the Sentry is to the power cosmic, Sentry seems to have a good chance of taking the Surfer. From all that has been seen of his encounters with cosmically charged characters, I fail to recall one instance that he has been injured by this form of energy. I agree with this.Originally posted by tkitna
http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.5760. Preview~colon~_Adam~colon~_Legend_of_the_Blue_Marv
el_%231

Sentry is out of the fight for a page or two but then is seen talking like he was unaffected. I really dont know. It doesnt show him knocked out, but we can assume he wasnt in the fight after getting his chops busted. Who knows. Ah. So he wasn't one-shotted. And it looks more like his arm/wrist was twisted back rather than being broken. It doesn't change the fact that he was easily overpowered, but thanks for clearing that up.

bbrem123
what could the surfer do to beat the sentry?...Im just wondering because nobody has really explained why surfer wins everytime?

Hitman911
Originally posted by Charmander
Surfer in his well, 'battles' against Strange (I think a couple of them were actually dreams or clones...) were him fighting Classic Strange. And Strange has actually tried to fight him... all Strange did was use a spell against Sentry.
Surfer has never fought Doom to my knowledge... except when Doom blasted a Surfer who couldn't walk. But I guess using tech to absorb energy against an unsuspecting Surfer counts as being owned...
Doom however, has owned Sentry, and Sentry has owned him (twice, but the first time was when Doom basically ran out of power). In all of these occurrences, Sentry attacked Doom from out of nowhere. nice. Just note that most of these clowns don't know just how uber Classic Strange was...

Hitman911
what could the surfer do to beat the sentry?...Im just wondering because nobody has really explained why surfer wins everytime? the fact that the Iron Man lasted more that on panel in a fight against Sentry...

tkitna
Originally posted by Hitman911
the fact that the Iron Man lasted more that on panel in a fight against Sentry...

This is your argument? Really?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Hitman911
the fact that the Iron Man lasted more that on panel in a fight against Sentry...
Iron Man lasted a few pages against King Thor...

illadelph12
I could see Surfer winning by just screwing with Sentry's dna and altering or removing the effects of the serum he took so it no longer gives him his powers. No need to get his hands dirty duking it out. Surfer's good with genes, and while he hasn't done it to an opponent in a fight, he has manipulated dna on a global scale on panel and is very capable. The fact that the person he's splicing is throwing punches doesn't really change much when Surfer was able to do it to an entire planets population who weren't in his line of sight and were carrying on in their daily lives. Focusing on one person would make it very simple.

Trap in board.
Gene alter.
Win.
Repeat.

Warlord
Originally posted by Enyalus
Iron Man lasted a few pages against King Thor...

I enjoyed how both of them play around with Tony

dmills
Bump. Now is as good a time as any.

Astner
Originally posted by dmills
Bump. Now is as good a time as any.
Lol, Sentry due to new retcon.

carver9
Sentry is winning this. Soon we will see Sentry vs Galactus from what I read in a wizard magazine. They said that its suppose to be produced and sent to the stores in march of next year.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
Sentry is winning this. Soon we will see Sentry vs Galactus from what I read in a wizard magazine. They said that its suppose to be produced and sent to the stores in march of next year.

facepalm2

Sentry vs. Galactus? I sincerely hope he fails epically. Man, I'm not looking forward to the Sentry wanking in upcoming months...

dmills
I wanna see Sentry vs Hulk's other kid, what's his name? He's supposed to be on his way to Earth or some crap.

Looks like everyone is on their way to earth. Maybe the Celestials are coming too.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
facepalm2

Sentry vs. Galactus? I sincerely hope he fails epically. Man, I'm not looking forward to the Sentry wanking in upcoming months...

Yeah, hes suppose to be fighting galactus AND the surfer confused unless I read it wrong.

Sentry might do wank in some of his other showings because from what was said about him, his powers is based off of his mindset BUT his showing against almost skyfather level beings puts him far above the high herald chain when he wants to be.

I'm pretty sure soon we will have Sentry running through people like Surfer, like he doesnt even exist (kind of like his showing against Terrax) but it really depends on Marvel.

bbrem123

haha it was bound to happen

dmills
Sentry is winning this. Soon we will see Sentry vs Galactus from what I read in a wizard magazine. They said that its suppose to be produced and sent to the stores in march of next year. Oh dear lord. sick

bbrem123
if he can beat MM...why not Big G too...haha

the Darkone
if he can beat MM...why not Big G too...haha

Galactus will eat him like a twinkee.

Peterlane mk89
Originally posted by dmills
Oh dear lord. sick

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/th_Untitled-Scanned-01-12.jpg

bbrem123
if he eats him he will reform inside him like the elders did lol

bbrem123
Originally posted by the Darkone
Galactus will eat him like a twinkee.

or sentry eats galactus like a twinkee smokin'

Omega Vision
I have the horrible suspicion Sentry is about to replace Thanos for the time being as KMC's most wanked character.

darthgoober
Meh... who cares if Sentry beat someone who "maybe as powerful as Surfer, in his way"...

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/1714/77299079.th.jpg

evil face

bbrem123
Originally posted by darthgoober
Meh... who cares if Sentry beat someone who "maybe as powerful as Surfer, in his way"...

evil face

haha laughing out loud

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I have the horrible suspicion Sentry is about to replace Thanos for the time being as KMC's most wanked character.

CO-SIGNED

bbrem123
hes not wanked...he is just htat powerful...go read the comic and then u can talk

Xplosive
Sentry stomps him.

JakeTheBank
hes not wanked...he is just htat powerful...go read the comic and then u can talk

He's not wanked? Riiiiiiiiiiight.

bbrem123
did u read the comic?....it explains everything...sorry man he is just that powerful

Astner
http://comicbookresources.com/assets/images/articles/1259285054.jpg

The one getting his ass whopped is Molecule man.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by darthgoober

evil face

Oh yea? We'll this tops that....

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_DefeatsMM.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_DefeatsMM2.jpg

That right there, is a Multiverse busting punch. 31

Poor Sentry. I mean he just defeated Molecule Man, and Thor still outshines him.

laughing

bbrem123
that is so hardcore ownage right there

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea. Blake ****ing wrecked him real hard there.

Blanket
I like how the obvious just bounces right off you.

Anyway, iirc (and naijaboy has the scans iirc too), Surfer has overpowered a being that was destroying the multiverse and Genis was afraid of him. So... even if you want to put MM at the rediculous levels he is on the forums, and if we base everything of that one time feat... he still is not more impressive than Surfer.
Hell, after his battle with Beyoner pre-retcon, he needed classic Surfer's help (weakened, but it's still pr). As well as Cap one shotting him, and what Rage showed. Powerful or not, he still has shit durability.

bbrem123
kinda weird since he can control his molecule...i would think he cant be hurt like that...its just shitty writing to me...its like Black panther putting surfer in an arm bar

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea. This showing seems as if Sentry attacked him while he was surprised, and erased him. Ain't really that impressive if that's the case.

Blanket
Or like a kree gun blowing Sentry's face off.

bbrem123
MM couldnt even fight back...sentry forced him to fix everything he did then erased him...and how is erasing someone like MM not impressive??

bbrem123
Originally posted by Blanket
Or like a kree gun blowing Sentry's face off.

haha yup...that same gun did nothing to him in DA annual 1

Rage.Of.Olympus
^Cause his durability is shit. Wolverine nearly killed him in Secret Wars.

If you have Molecule Man by surprise plus are scaring him he pretty much folds from what I understand. His still human. A mentally sick human as a matter of fact.

Batman can beat Owen with the bat stare alone I reckon.

Rage.Of.Olympus
haha yup...that same gun did nothing to him in DA annual 1

When did Marvel Boy use that same gun?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I like how the obvious just bounces right off you.

Anyway, iirc (and naijaboy has the scans iirc too), Surfer has overpowered a being that was destroying the multiverse and Genis was afraid of him.

Never recall this incident.

Blanket
Towards the end of his respect thread. Love to post a link, but can't copy and paste

bbrem123
When did Marvel Boy use that same gun?

marvel boy shots him with it in DA annual 1 at the beginning

Rage.Of.Olympus
Towards the end of his respect thread. Love to post a link, but can't copy and paste

****ing useless is what you are.

marvel boy shots him with it in DA annual 1 at the beginning

I don't recall it being the same gun but that might just be the art. I hated it. Got any pictures of both instances handy to compare?

bbrem123
i guess it could not be the same...it had the same design as i recall...ill have to double check tho...dont hold me to it

Rage.Of.Olympus
i guess it could not be the same...it had the same design as i recall...ill have to double check tho...dont hold me to it

You best believe I will.

bbrem123
what issue did he get his face blown of in?

bbrem123
You best believe I will.
hahaha

bbrem123
isnt it the same gun he has on the cover of DA annual 1

h1a8
The only Sentry that will win is Terrax Sentry.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.