Your high school senior prom.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
For all of those who are out of high school:

Did you go to your prom? Who was your date? Any good pictures to show? Did you get lucky? What was so memorable about it?

For all of those who have yet to go to their senior prom:

Who do you want to go with? What will you do and wear? What do you want to be most memorable about it? Will you "do the dew" with someone special?

My senior prom was not my thing, so I passed. In 1998, my friends and I got some beer, some weed, and some other girls who felt the same way as us, if you get me, and we stayed at home, played poker, video games, shot pool, listened to good music, drank, smoked, laughed, and screwed. That, my friends, was my idea of real fun. I would have felt really uncomfortable dancing, badly, around all night in a damn tuxedo, listening to crappy music, and not being around my friends who I can be myself with. Thats not who I am. Nor do I imagine I will ever be that way. Go figure.

jadeily
My high school senior prom is sometime this coming November, and I'm still unsure as to whether I want to go or not.
If I did decide to go, I would want to go with my best friend (a male). Probably wear something simple; don't like attention. I guess what I want to remember the most is just that I had a great time with friends, being silly and dancing to music which we could make fun of but I'm not sure about the music because the school has hired a DJ for the past two years, so basically we get a lot of upbeat tempos, and some very slow trance for slow dances I guess.
"Do the dew"? lol

BruceSkywalker
I took my cheerleader girlfriend at the time to the prom..

we danced the night away and I definitely got lucky afterward..

that was one hell of a night, great music, spiked punch..

Neo Darkhalen
I never went mine stoned

Scythe
Oh god, I went to my ex-girlfriend's prom, I dressed up as Spider-man and my buddy Andrew dressed up as Batman, then we thrashed the gym like we said we were gonna. Got a mighty, hefty fine after that we did. It was worth it.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
I never went mine stoned

Ax3l
It sucked so hard, I didn't even go.

The Grey Fox
I turned up, got my certificate, told people to stop taking photos of me, drank a few litre bottles of cola, left.

dadudemon
I went to 3. 1 for mine, 1 for one girl's (this one when to mine), and I got asked by another lady and went to hers.

All three were fun. My face was in bot sets of bewbz. (motorboating and other things.) Didn't get lucky. I am a gentleman. mad

laughing

Kostabot
I went to mine. Our year's prom was one of the best. The SRC (student representative council) hired one of the best 5 star venues in Adelaide. Ws a great night, but the party following it was even better. Ended up at a friend's place after, and most of the year level followed. Got wasted, threw up, then got more wasted. Made a whole bunch of new friends from my eyar level that I never before talked to. Still good friends with most of them. Didn't get lucky unfortunately, but I did hava a friend's GF hit on me, give me a hug and grab my butt. Managed to avoid her for the rest of the night till she sobered up. She couldnt remember doing it. hahaha. Good times. I miss high school.

Silent Abyss
Originally posted by Scythe
Oh god, I went to my ex-girlfriend's prom, I dressed up as Spider-man and my buddy Andrew dressed up as Batman, then we thrashed the gym like we said we were gonna. Got a mighty, hefty fine after that we did. It was worth it.

sounds like a good night. o.o

i, however, have never been to one. i see no point in it, nor did i in high school.

dadudemon
I went to prom to dance, have fun, and spend time with a woman. Is that good reason enough?

Silent Abyss
Caught that edit. XP

Yeah, sounds all like fun and all, but we were being charged like $300 a pop to get into ours because our school was run by crazed idiots. So I feel it was better to do things my way and just go hang with the friends that night at our buddy's house, since his parents were out of town. ^-^

dadudemon
Originally posted by Silent Abyss
Caught that edit. XP

Yeah, I constantly have to battle being an a**hole with being nice. It's a tough job because I am quite a dick if left to my evil devices, but I figure that there's no reason to be a dick to you...so, instead, I put the objective of going to a prom, back on me.

Originally posted by Silent Abyss
Yeah, sounds all like fun and all, but we were being charged like $300 a pop to get into ours because our school was run by crazed idiots. So I feel it was better to do things my way and just go hang with the friends that night at our buddy's house, since his parents were out of town. ^-^

LAME!

If our school did that, half would go to it and the other half would go off and do their own thing. I would have been with the obviously more intelligent half and spent my $300 on something nice for my date.

I'm glad I edited, now. big grin

AbnormalButSane
I did not go to my senior prom.

dadudemon
Originally posted by AbnormalButSane
I did not go to my senior prom.

Tis a shame.

I would have taken you. flirt

Barker
Mine is actually this Saturday, and I'm probably not gonna go.

haermm

~Wålshy~
cant get anyone to go with you? bless :'(

~Wålshy~
i didnt go
too cool for school
OH AND EVERYONE WHO DID ACTUALLY GO IT WAS IN THE LIBERTY STADIUM **** IF IM GOING TO THE JACKS HOME

dadudemon
Originally posted by Barker
Mine is actually this Saturday, and I'm probably not gonna go.

haermm

Originally posted by dadudemon
Tis a shame.

I would have taken you. flirt

Take THAT walshy.

Barker

Naz
My high school doesn't have prom.

Peach
Wow, mine was five years ago laughing out loud

I went to senior prom, I didn't have a date (I kinda spent high school completely ignoring the concept of dating), and any pictures from it, beyond one of me in my dress that my mom took, Moira would have.

But it was fun. Swing dancing in a strapless dress is always interesting. Plus we got our principal and assistant principal dancing on one of the tables. And everyone (there were 300 people in my class) sang along to Bohemian Rhapsody at the top of our lungs. Also afterwards we went to Gameworks (the school had rented it for us until like 5am) and played tons of games. Then went and crashed at my friend Kim's house, and the next day we went out for breakfast, bought a bunch of junk food, rented and watched a bunch of B-movies, and then went to Haunted Trails to play mini-golf and DDR.

It was fun big grin

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Peach
Wow, mine was five years ago laughing out loud

I went to senior prom, I didn't have a date (I kinda spent high school completely ignoring the concept of dating), and any pictures from it, beyond one of me in my dress that my mom took, Moira would have.

But it was fun. Swing dancing in a strapless dress is always interesting. Plus we got our principal and assistant principal dancing on one of the tables. And everyone (there were 300 people in my class) sang along to Bohemian Rhapsody at the top of our lungs. Also afterwards we went to Gameworks (the school had rented it for us until like 5am) and played tons of games. Then went and crashed at my friend Kim's house, and the next day we went out for breakfast, bought a bunch of junk food, rented and watched a bunch of B-movies, and then went to Haunted Trails to play mini-golf and DDR.

It was fun big grin Lana rolls Solo smokin'

Peach
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Lana rolls Solo smokin'

Well, we had a whole big group going together and about half of us weren't actually going with dates, so it didn't really matter stick out tongue

I do love my dress I wore, though happy It's all pretty and light blue and I wish I had an excuse to wear it again.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b267/crystalicstar/lanaprom.jpg

Strangelove
I went, had a blast

Rogue Jedi
Well, we had a whole big group going together and about half of us weren't actually going with dates, so it didn't really matter stick out tongue

I do love my dress I wore, though happy It's all pretty and light blue and I wish I had an excuse to wear it again.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b267/crystalicstar/lanaprom.jpg Nice thumb up

Impediment
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b267/crystalicstar/lanaprom.jpg

Proof that angels do exist. faint

Lušh
Waste of money / time / dancing lessons

Didn't go to mine, i was asked to go twice after that, but i said hell no.

Fashionwriter
The attached dress design is for the Prom Dresses contest 2010. I accept the terms and conditions of this contest, and verify that the design is completely original and hand drawn. The idea behind design is rather of an ideal storybook dress which can be described with the words magical, elegant and uniquely memorable.

Strangelove
I went to mine, didn't have a date, so I just went with a bunch of friends. Had a blast, although they mostly didn't play very good music.

Here's a picture with me and my best friend (and his sister)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v322/33/59/6853019/n6853019_46177048_159.jpg

That ACDC Chick
i went to mine hmm
but i went alone, cause i was too cewl for all the dickfaces at my school cewl
i didntdance either cause the only good song they played was Tiny Dancer by Elton John, and only like four people stayed out on the dancefloor haermm
the most memorable part of the evening was when we were telling racist jokes
i told the best one stoned
dont know what happened to the pic i had of my dress, though hmm

Kelly_Bean
I went with the same person I am still with today. smile

And I wore this :

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo42/PeterSteele_Freak/100_4958.jpg

Impediment
Very hawt, Kells.

Strangles, youse lookin' good, too. In a totally hetero way, of course. awesome

Kelly_Bean
Thank you.
I do agree, Strangelove is looking really good. dd

Ax3l
I went to a party and we had a chocolate milk chugging contest. It was a blast.

Bardock42
Didn't go.

Mr. Rhythmic
Not going to mine for a few reasons.

1) Too expensive. When the ticket is already about $60, I don't even want to think about tuxedo and limo fees.

2) I'm a bit uncomfortable in large crowds, and since virtually the entire school will be there, I'm going to not like it so much.

3) The music choices our school makes are god awful.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Strangelove
I went to mine, didn't have a date, so I just went with a bunch of friends. Had a blast, although they mostly didn't play very good music.

Here's a picture with me and my best friend (and his sister)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v322/33/59/6853019/n6853019_46177048_159.jpg Dude, you look sharp as hell, blue is definitely your color.

If I was gay.....well, I'd be gay and you wouldn't give me the time of day haermm

Skittle
Originally posted by Ax3l
It sucked so hard, I didn't even go. What he said!

Strangelove
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Dude, you look sharp as hell, blue is definitely your color.

If I was gay.....well, I'd be gay and you wouldn't give me the time of day haermm Blue makes my eyes pop 131 I wear green a lot too lately.

Skittle
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
3) The music choices our school makes are god awful.

What happened to the option of letting the students choose the type of music they'd prefer dancing to.

I always though having a a person from different clicks/groups in the school organise is better. Sure, it'll be a nightmare to work together, but at least there's various input ideas and at least one of them is bound to appeal to the particular students.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.