Blair Witch Project...love it or hate it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ellie1987
Hi everyone, hope you're all well.

I'm interested in finding out about your opinions on The Blair Witch Project.

Did you love it or hate it...and what was it about it that you liked/disliked?
Do you think it was in any way realistic? And was it's success more down to the film itself or the way it was publicised (the whole internet, viral marketing campaign)?

Also do you ever get really scared by horror anymore? What makes horror films scary in your eyes?

Ellie big grin

BADGALcharlie26
The only thing scary about the blair witch project was seeing heather donahue snot coming out of her nose that was gross lol it was ok film i guess, too much hype was around it though the way they marketed it as though it was true story that them 3 went missing it was based on some truth but not about that have you seen blair witch 2 book of shadows.

Mairuzu
Was pretty scary when i watched it as a kid because i had no idea what was going on

not now though awesome

MildPossession
I'm half and half, didn't think much of the first half of the film, the second half towards the end was very effective, Blair Witch Project was an almost original piece of low budget independent horror film making and I respect it for that. I know there was one film a lot like it that came out before but to me it didn't feel as raw or that good to be honest.

I recommend Man Bites Dog, a film that uses the same filming technique but following a serial killer. Really good film.

jaden101
Originally posted by MildPossession
I'm half and half, didn't think much of the first half of the film, the second half towards the end was very effective, Blair Witch Project was an almost original piece of low budget independent horror film making and I respect it for that. I know there was one film a lot like it that came out before but to me it didn't feel as raw or that good to be honest.

I take it you mean "the last broadcast"?

Cack film.

dadudemon
I thought the movie sucked. ..just like almost everything else "horror" that Hollywood puts out there.

MildPossession
Blair Witch Project didn't come out of Hollywood.

Yep Jaden, The Last Broadcast.

dadudemon
Blair Witch Project didn't come out of Hollywood.

Yep Jaden, The Last Broadcast.

I don't care. You know what I mean.

Edit- And you're lying.

It most certianly DID come from Hollywood. I looked it up. Haxan films is out of Hollywood. To argue that point would be to miss my point, though.

Darth Vicious
I liked it when I first watched it when it first came out. I wasnt into computers/message boards back then. The "true story" aspect of it got me. I was "worried" after seeing it because there was a wooded area behind the house. I was a bit let down when i found out it was fake.

SelinaAndBruce
The only part that was scary was the screaming at the end and that shot of that guy standing in the corner. The rest...meh.

MildPossession
Yes, in Florida. stick out tongue

Mairuzu
I recommend Man Bites Dog, a film that uses the same filming technique but following a serial killer. Really good film. *goes to netflix*

jinXed by JaNx
I love it. But i didnt buy into the whole "true story" aspect of the ad campaign. So i wasn't pissed off when i found out that what i saw was actually what i knew it was...,a movie laughing out loud How people can be that stupid...,i will never know. Shit. I think i was 13 at that time. Something like that. I can still enjoy the movie to this day. I have to be in the right mood, though. It does work because the acting is incredible. I love the flick, it gets me everytime if i let myself get taken by it, which i always do because why else would i be watching the movie wink

I also loved the second blair witch. I thought that one was a great sequel. I can watch that one all the time. Big nostalgia though.

jinXed by JaNx

I recommend Man Bites Dog, a film that uses the same filming technique but following a serial killer. Really good film.

Yeah, Man bites dog is a great movie. Original or not, Blair witch was still brilliantly executed, don't you think? The acting really is compelling. Maybe i'm just to imaginative and see what i want to see. But i can always see that Witch, covered in horses fur, disemboweling josh on the sacrificial stone during that one scene when the babies start crying and they hear josh screaming. Next morning she finds pieces of joshs' teeth and jaw bone wrapped up in his shirt and there are still piles of rocks everywhere. Dude...,and the stickmen eek!

FistOfThe North
I loved TBWP.

I remember there was a long line at the second floor balcony level at the theater with the people waiting to get in to see the movie and I remember asking myself "what's so good about that movie" I passed on it util a friend had it on dvd, I wathced it and now consider it one of my top 10 horror movies. I a one time for a little while thought the whole thing was real or a true story.

Part 2 blew hard.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.